• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Legends Arceus Starter Poll

Which starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Which of the starter Pokemon in Pokemon Legends Arceus will you choose and why?

I'm kind of leaning on Oshawott. I feel like we have a good choice of starters, but Oshawott has the most interesting final form.

I could change my mind and pick someone else, but that's what I'm thinking right now.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Don’t think I’ll pick any of them to use for the full game. Not a big fan of them. If I had to choose one, probably Rowlet. Will probably swap out for one of the actual Sinnoh starters or a Bidoof

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I am definitely going with Rowlet. It's my favorite grass starter of all time. (Sorry Chikorita!) Since it's pretty likely that the Sinnoh starters will be catchable in the wild I know I can get a decent water type with Piplup, and if no other fire types are available at least there's Chimchar.

Kataphrut

I like the mix of starters, it's a fun approach to take (also I'm not a big fan of any of the Sinnoh starters...)

Of these three, the only one I've actually used before is Oshawott, so I think I'll go with Rowlett.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I've used all of these before, but the choice is easy. Rowlet is one of favourites, as is Decidueye (and dartrix is good too just less so).

Luthor

Rowlett is my favourite of the 3 but I've used that through a region so at the moment Im tempted to use Oshawott (mostly for thematic reasons).

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I nearly always choose the Fire starter, so if I had a Switch and once the game comes out, I'll definitely choose Cyndaquil.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
With the theme of this Game Oshawatt is the obvious choice with its final evo and all. I also hope to be able to rent hotel rooms when I catch a Lopunny and Gardevoir.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Haven't really decided but I'll most likely pick Rowlett since it's the one with the most consistent evolutions (I like Oshawott and Dewott but Samurott leaves a lot to be desired)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Oshawott is my favorite Water starter, so picking which one is a no-brainer. Cyndaquil was my favorite Fire starter too, but then Scorbunny came along :p

That moment when Decidueye is your second favorite pokemon of all time (Ampharos being the only one to beat it) and Rowlet is a starter in this game...

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'll probably do at least one playthrough with each Starter, but for the first one I'll likely go with Cyndaquil because it's been nearly a decade since I've had Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion on a Pokemon team. If Legends: Arceus is anything at all like the original Sinnoh games, I'm not expecting there to be many options for a Fire-type. The already confirmed Chimchar, maybe Ponyta and possibly Magmar too, but not much more than that. So it'll most likely be worth going with Cyndaquil for that reason.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm not entirely sure that I'll get the game until we get a bit more information, but at the moment I'm learning on selecting Mijumaru (Oshawott) because I typically prefer Water-type Starters. Mokuroh (Rowlet) would be my second choice.