• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon LEGENDS: Z-A - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I mean there is the potential of fighting Zygarde who upon defeat, heals up and becomes its 100% form.

Or its 100% form changing into a mega or new form halfway.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I believe they also connected to the Relic Passage which in turn also connected to Driftveil City, the Relic Castle and the area where the PWT was.

All the way up to Twist Mountain iirc. It's honestly a cool way to have the region be more connected that way. As opposed to later regions which became a lot more straight forward, flat and flight dependent.

Scovillain

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I think they were actually just reposting that teaser from Pokemon Day.
Yeah, they usually give news in late May/early June, I remember everyone getting nervous over the reshiram and zekrom gifs which ended up meaning nothing, probably the same for this

Acer11

If this game does take place in the past, there might be a possibility that AZ will appear in the game.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yes, especially considering that Fairy types were first introduced in Gen 6. The new Kalos Pokedex will be updated with new Fairy type Pokemon.

With the exception of new evolutions, I doubt they'll add current gen 'mon into a Legends game. Doesn't make much sense.

Besides, there are already 450 pokemon in the Kalos Dex. We're gonna have our hands pretty full. lol

Aurelesk

I wonder if they are going to "rationalize" the narrative again. In ORAS, they introduced the concept of parallel timeline tied to Mega-Evolution: a timeline with it, and a timeline without. Zinnia speaks about it, and it was cemented in SM when Anabel was a feller from the no-mega timeline.

Then in USUM, they introduced dark timeline, with a world where the villainous teams have won. I believe it is canonical, even if the Festival Plazza is virtual. I don't know how much it is relevant though.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet introduced the Paradox Pokémon, with either a Primitive or Robotic designs. The first assumptions were to believe they are from a distant past or future, but Sada and Turo tend to lean toward a different timeline.

Before Pokémon Legends Z-A was announced, I must admit I was speculating about Gamefreak wanting to tie the Paradox Pokémon timelines to the Twin heroes of Black and White (believing it could have been the next remake). In those game, some locations display some differences to fit the ideal vs truth narrative. Route 4 embodies it the best: in White 2, the archaeological site has been dig up and preserved, while in Black 2, the archaeological site has been either removed or built over for housing. It is a Tradition vs Progress dualism.

So... I wonder if they would add new timelines where one the Twin heroes won. The Hero of Truth, with Reshiram would have lead to a very traditional world where the Scarlet's Paradox comes from. Meanwhile, the Hero of Ideal, whith Zekrom, would have lead to a very futuristic world where the Violet's Paradox come from. Something like that. Both worlds are contemporary worlds, just from a different timeline. This is just an hypothesis, I have nothing to back that.

But, except in 5th generation, the version differences have been anecdotal at best on the world building. Scarlet / Violet being the "closest" second (yet so far) with the Academy's name and color, the exclusive Professor and the Paradox that are made available (yet, Sword and Shield has different Gym Leaders...). Even if I would love to see major version differences again, I don't think Gamefreak would allow ressources again on creating a game with some non-negligible difference between version for world building.

Why am I writing all this? Well, the trailer did show the Mega-Evolution symbol. It might only say: "We are bringing back the Mega-Evolution". But I wonder if they are going to add on the lore, and "solve" the contradiction of its origin. In Kalos, it was created by the Ultimate Weapon. In Hoenn, it comes from outerspace from meteorites (according to the Draconid people). Legends Arceus did introduced more lore, so why not ZA.
As Pokémon XY introduced 3D, I wonder if ZA isn't going to add the 4th dimension into the mix: time. So, a Space-Time game, again I guess?

Furthermore, the reconstruction project could introduce those theme of Tradition vs Progress, giving you the choice on how you want Lumiose City to look like. A little like on Unovian Route 4: would you dig up and preserve archaeological sites in Lumiose City, or raze it and build over it? Would it have a consequence? It has been a long time that Gamefreak wanted to create a Pokémon game with the "each cartridge is different" idea, so it would be the perfect time to introduce choice with consequences in the game.

(I don't know how to fit Sword and Shield in the lore. Apart doing dubious hypothesis like Eternatus is a decaying Rayquaza's corpse puppeted by Deoxys core after they fought each other to mutual destruction in order to explain the absence of Mega-Evolution, the scenario doesn't help much).

Luthor

Here's a bit of a long shot but it's something I could see them doing for fun. One thing they did in Scarlet and Violet was to male the fancy form Vivillon available when it was previously a event only form. There is still what is currently a previous event only form that they could include in these games. The Pokeball Vivillon form available in-game (even if only through a special mission).

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Here's a bit of a long shot but it's something I could see them doing for fun. One thing they did in Scarlet and Violet was to male the fancy form Vivillon available when it was previously a event only form. There is still what is currently a previous event only form that they could include in these games. The Pokeball Vivillon form available in-game (even if only through a special mission).
I would greatly appreciate that as its my favourite form and I missed the event.

Kangaflora

I think Pokémon are deliberately keeping tight lipped about this game this time round. There have so far, since the announcementz been no leaks of anything. Not even the false "BW Remakes" Riddles from "Riddler Khu". Both Hydrapple and the upcoming Legends Z-A game exposed him for his web of lies and deceit.

Pokemon Power

I think Pokémon are deliberately keeping tight lipped about this game this time round. There have so far, since the announcementz been no leaks of anything. Not even the false "BW Remakes" Riddles from "Riddler Khu". Both Hydrapple and the upcoming Legends Z-A game exposed him for his web of lies and deceit.
Well, it's possible that there might be something in between. Nintendo's been awfully quiet about what's happening first-party wise during the second half of this year, and I remember last year, they didn't tell us what was coming after the release of Pikmin 4 in July until the June Direct.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well, it's possible that there might be something in between. Nintendo's been awfully quiet about what's happening first-party wise during the second half of this year, and I remember last year, they didn't tell us what was coming after the release of Pikmin 4 in July until the June Direct.
If there was a new mainline game coming out this year they would probably have announced it on Pokémon Day alongside Legends ZA.

Autobot N

If there was a new mainline game coming out this year they would probably have announced it on Pokémon Day alongside Legends ZA.
I think the last time a mainline game didn't get announced on Pokemon day was either USUM in June 2017, or maybe Let's Go in May (?) 2018. I suppose it's theoretically possible we could get a minor game announcement then (the Nintendo leaker Pyoro, who has otherwise been 100% accurate, mentioned possibly-outdated info about an outsourced Unova game), but that seems quite unlikely and I certainly don't expect it.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Main reason they're tight-lip and there's nothing to leak is because Legends Z-A isn't coming out this year.

There's no release marketing window needed to fulfill right now. We won't see anything or hear anything about it until at least June/August.

I also believe if the rumours are true that Switch 2 has been pushed back, Nintendo and its affiliates are therefore sitting on various releases that are specifically meant for a dual console release, as well as launch titles for such a console.