• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee HELP THREAD

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This thread is for any QUESTIONS & ANSWERS regarding the game.
Your questions may not be answered immediately, so please be patient.

I suggest visiting the dedicated Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee section on the main site to help find answers to your general inquiries about the game's mechanics.

Do not repost your question until after a significant amount of time has passed.

Forum rules apply.

Dragon Pulse

I'm getting LGE soon, and I was curious to know if you're able to remove your starter? I was planning on catching a wild Eevee in hopes I could evolve it into Vaporeon.

Juan87

How do I evolve Alolan Meowth in LGE?

Has anyone encountered a bug during their playthrough where, when an NPC uses an item during battle, the text says 'You used the super potion/full restore etc', rather than using the NPC's title? It doesn't have any effect on the running of the game, but it's a rather noticeable mistake and I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

My player character also seems to have trouble transitioning between walking and running sometimes, resulting in really jerky movement for a couple of seconds. I thought it might be my joycon, but I haven't had issues in any other games. It's not harmful, but it really jerks me out of the experience.

Anyone else experienced either of these at all? (I'm really enjoying LGP otherwise, 20 hours logged already!)

Juan87

Pretty sure it's still friendship like in SM
I know how to evolve Alolan Meowth in SM, but my actual question was how do I evolve Alolan Meowth In Let’s Go Evee!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I know how to evolve Alolan Meowth in SM, but my actual question was how do I evolve Alolan Meowth In Let’s Go Evee!
I'm telling you that, most likely, it's by friendship like SM

Juan87

I'm telling you that, most likely, it's by friendship like SM

Well you’re wrong it’s evolves the same way as Kanto Meowth, I just evolved it at level 28.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well you’re wrong it’s evolves the same way as Kanto Meowth, I just evolved it at level 28.
I said most likely but go off, warrior. You sure showed me over such a trivial Pokémon fact

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Will getting my Mew whilst the Fortune Teller is active give me that desired nature or has it been confirmed (not assumed) it does not work with Mew?
It’s confirmed that the Fortune Teller doesn’t work with Mew. However it does works with gift Pokémon and Pokémon transferred from GO Park.

Kibbles

I distinctly remember one of the promotional videos saying that the experience share would be able to be turned off for individual Pokémon. Was this a lie? I certainly haven’t been able to figure out how yet.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I distinctly remember one of the promotional videos saying that the experience share would be able to be turned off for individual Pokémon. Was this a lie? I certainly haven’t been able to figure out how yet.
The EXP Share is unused in LGPE. There is no legitimate way to obtain it in-game.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I’ve been shiny chaining for a vulpix, but I have no idea how this works? Do I have to walk around to spawn new pokemon or can I just sit and wait for a shiny to show up?
You’ll have to keep on catching Vulpix to build your chain. It’s fine to encounter other Pokémon but just don’t catch them because doing so will break your chain. The chain caps at 31 captures and I think it stays after that.

Sketchie

literally some guy
You’ll have to keep on catching Vulpix to build your chain. It’s fine to encounter other Pokémon but just don’t catch them because doing so will break your chain. The chain caps at 31 captures and I think it stays after that.

I have captured the 31 vulpix (I even got bored and now I’ve captured 35), I just want to know what should I do now. Keep encountering vulpixes? Chill until a shiny comes along? Walk around?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have captured the 31 vulpix (I even got bored and now I’ve captured 35), I just want to know what should I do now. Keep encountering vulpixes? Chill until a shiny comes along? Walk around?
Just keep on running into Vulpix until you find a shiny since you’re at the max combo. That saves a lot of Poké Balls.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Is anyone aware of whether it’s possible to obtain a Shiny from the in-game Alolan form trades? I don’t use Go, so it would be my only way of obtaining one. Other aspects of them seem to change besides the two guaranteed perfect IVs, so I would assume that it’s possible, but I don’t want to get my hopes up if there’s a lock of some sort.

Grey Wind

Is anyone aware of whether it’s possible to obtain a Shiny from the in-game Alolan form trades? I don’t use Go, so it would be my only way of obtaining one. Other aspects of them seem to change besides the two guaranteed perfect IVs, so I would assume that it’s possible, but I don’t want to get my hopes up if there’s a lock of some sort.
AFAIK it's only Mew and the partner Pokemon that are locked.

Is there something I need to do to unlock the hairstyle thing for Pikachu? I've been trying the finger movements that the main site lists but nothing seems to happen.