• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee HELP THREAD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hey guys, quick question. So candies improve AV's, yeah, but, is there a limit of candies that can be given to a Pokemon? I mena, if i give my Eevee 200 Quick candies, then the other stats can't be fed up? OR every stat can be maxed? Thanks
I think the limit is 200 AVs per stat. There is no candy limit I believe so you can max out every stat.

kevin1327

Does anyone know if you can get more than one shiny in a single catch combo? I know in DPP you could, but in X/Y you could not; I would assume it would be like XY, however, I don’t think the chain breaks like it does in XY. However, I’m on hour 14 of a bulbasaur hunt that, probablilisticly, should not take that long. I fled a shiny pidgey earlier in the combo, and I was wondering if that prevents me from getting further shines. To sum this up, can you only get one shiny per catch combo or do I just have terrible luck?

GAK Attack

I have an adamant nature and was wondering if that is a good nature to keep? I like to focus on offensive stats and was just wondering if this would be a good nature to keep or should you focus more on special attack with pikachu?
All of Pikachu's special moves are physical attacks (zippy zap, floaty fall, splishy splash) so an adamant nature will boost that. But with that said, my Pikachu is a Timid nature which I kept before realizing the new moves were a thing and it's still super powerful. I keep Thunderbolt on it for a special move in addition to the new physical ones. My move set is Thunderbolt, Splishy Splash (Fuschia City PokeCenter), Floaty Fall (Celadon City PokeCenter), Zippy Zap (Cerulean City PokeCenter).

Hey guys I’m in vermillion city and my team is Eevee, Vulpix, jigglypuff, clefairy, and bellsprout. Somehow they are all level 20 or below and it has been hard to get them trained. can somebody help me?
Catch Pokemon, do a combo of the same species in a row to increase exp gained, land great/excellent throws, catch new pokemon, etc. All of the above increases exp you gain.

Does anyone know if you can get more than one shiny in a single catch combo? I know in DPP you could, but in X/Y you could not; I would assume it would be like XY, however, I don’t think the chain breaks like it does in XY. However, I’m on hour 14 of a bulbasaur hunt that, probablilisticly, should not take that long. I fled a shiny pidgey earlier in the combo, and I was wondering if that prevents me from getting further shines. To sum this up, can you only get one shiny per catch combo or do I just have terrible luck?
I'd assume as long as you don't break your combo, the enhanced shiny encounter rate remains in tact regardless of what shinies you have already encountered.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I assume that the chain isn’t broken by the capture of a shiny Pokémon. Nothing seems to suggest otherwise so I’m going with that.

IPeak@Chu

Ancient trainer
I have lgp, and my partner turned out to be male. My question is there any way to reset it soft reset for a female pikachu partner?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have lgp, and my partner turned out to be male. My question is there any way to reset it soft reset for a female pikachu partner?
Note that there is no discovered button combination for a soft reset on the Switch so far. You’ll have to close the game at the Switch menu and then load the game for every reset.

KalosChampion

Do ninetales, wigglytuff, and clefable, and victreebell learn any new moves after they evolve? I just realized several of my Pokémon evolve using stones and I would like for them to evolve but I also want them to have the chance to learn new moves

Akashin

Do ninetales, wigglytuff, and clefable, and victreebell learn any new moves after they evolve? I just realized several of my Pokémon evolve using stones and I would like for them to evolve but I also want them to have the chance to learn new moves

Of those four, only Victreebel learns anything after evolving. But you can probably safely evolve the other three by the time they've hit 30 or so; there's not much left for them after that point, so you might as well evolve them. Weepinbell has a bit more going for it, though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pokémon that evolve using stones don’t learn moves after evolution. So Ninetales, Wigglytuff and Clefable won’t learn any moves by level up once they evolve with their stones.

GAK Attack

Splishy Splash is a Special Attack.
Didn't realize that, thought it showed it as physical. Regardless, 2/3 are physical and I don't know what Pika Pow is but my guess is also physical. My overall point still stands.

Okay I’m perplexed on how to max out a stat (other than HP apparently). Currently my Mewtwo is level 100, has a modest nature, 31 Ivs, and maxed out smart candies. It’s SA is only 593. According to the dex it should attain 616. What am I missing? Do I need the species specific candy to hit that number? Driving me crazy. Help!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Didn't realize that, thought it showed it as physical. Regardless, 2/3 are physical and I don't know what Pika Pow is but my guess is also physical. My overall point still stands.
Pika Papow is a special move. There are a total of four moves exclusive to the starter Pikachu and the other three are Zippy Zap, Splishy Splash and Floaty Fall. The other special move is Splishy Splash and the rest are physical.
https://www.serebii.net/attackdex-sm/pikapapow.shtml

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Where do I go after taking mr Fuji home in lavender town?
Use the Poké Flute you got from Mr Fuji to wake up the Snorlax that's sleeping at Celadon City. Defeat it then catch it so that you can advance to Cycling Road. Then you should be able to get to Fuchsia City for another Gym Badge.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I heard moonstones would respawn each day but 30hrs past and I can still get a new one from the craters in Mt. Moon. Anyone knows why?
They should be able to respawn in the craters at Mt. Moon at the start of a new day. If you can't, then did you change the time of your Switch to another time? I think that if you change the system time of your Switch then you won't be able to trigger time-based events until the end of the following day you loaded the save since changing the time.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Are the Fossils in Cerulean Cave fixed to certain spots or completely RNG along with the other things you can find?

BCVM22

I believe the fossils are fixed solely to the crystal formations, while the glittering spots will always yield either Balls or berries.