• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee HELP THREAD

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
When you transfer a Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Let's Go, what does the trainer ID say? does it say the name you have in Pokemon Go as the original trainer's Pokemon or does it act like a new Pokemon you just cached?
OT matches your Let's Go name, but it says Pokémon GO for where you caught it
EEgR8xhUYAI3u3g

ShinyHunterMaggie9186

Shiny Hunting Pro!
What are the best natures for Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon in Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee? How do people decide what is the best nature for any Pokémon in general? I usually only trust this site. But I found that other sites recommend different natures for example Vaporeon’s best nature on, RankedBoost.com, is Mild. Is that what you would recommend? I was just wondering how can people decide what nature is best for certain Pokémon? Anyone who has the answer I would like to say thank you ahead of time! Sorry if this is a weird question or whatever!

KillerDraco

What are the best natures for Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon in Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee? How do people decide what is the best nature for any Pokémon in general? I usually only trust this site. But I found that other sites recommend different natures for example Vaporeon’s best nature on, RankedBoost.com, is Mild. Is that what you would recommend? I was just wondering how can people decide what nature is best for certain Pokémon? Anyone who has the answer I would like to say thank you ahead of time! Sorry if this is a weird question or whatever!

Merged this into the existing Help Thread.

To understand what nature is best for a Pokemon requires you to understand the role they play and their stat spreads. In general you pick a nature to raise a stat that helps them in their role, while lowering a stat they don't rely use or that is already low. Offensively, if a Pokemon wants to sweep then they opt for a speed nature. However, if a Pokemon's speed is below a certain level (base 80 is often considered one of the benchmarks), it often becomes better for that Pokemon to focus on a nature that raises offenses. If they only use physical or special attacks exclusively, then you generally opt for a nature that raises one and lowers the other (Adamant and Modest, respectively). However if they use both of their offenses, you can opt to lower the weaker defensive stat instead. In other cases, you can opt for a speed reducing nature if that Pokemon is already slow. Honestly, there's no one size fits all for natures, so what it comes down to is "it depends".

Jolteon typically opts for Timid nature, because it maximizes its blisteringly fast speed, while lowering its attack stat, which it doesn't use. In general you'll often opt for a nature that lowers one of the two attacking stats if that Pokemon only attacks from one side of the physical/special spectrum, but exceptions do exist. Flareon typically opts for Adamant for more power; its speed is low enough that it's not really outspeeding anything important the extra speed from a speed nature, and since it's generally not using its special attacks then it doesn't mind the special attack drop from Adamant. Vaporeon is where it gets tricky. You could opt for Modest if you want to use it offensively, since it's not particularly fast where it would benefit from a speed nature, and doesn't use its attack stat, so it appreciates the extra special attack from Modest. But for a more defensive spin, you could use Calm or Bold. Bold might seem counter-intuitive, given Vaporeon's defense is its lowest stat. But thanks to its absurdly high HP stat, it can opt for boost its defense with Bold to be bulky on both the physical and special spectrums. Alternatively, it can go for Calm to make its already good special defense even better.

TL;DR -Nature really depends, but it definitely ain't mild for Vaporeon,

ShinyHunterMaggie9186

Shiny Hunting Pro!
Dagnabbit! ‍ I wish I had known that sooner! Oh well thank you for the help! I should have waited to hunt for a shiny Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon until someone answered! That’s why I usually only trust Serebii but they don’t have all the Pokémon nature recommendations up! You know? If I’m not mistaken they only post a POTW on Sundays, correct? So hints why I googled “what the best nature for those three Eevee evolutions?” I googled them individually! Just saying! This is just me but I wish someone could post different Pokémon nature recommendation or whatever every day! I know you all are busy but it would be very helpful considering I only trust Serebii! I’m not sure if relying on Serebii only is a good way to be or not! I just feel this is the most trustworthy site! You know?! Any who! Thank you again for the help!

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Quick question:
some months ago there was the shiny Meltan event. Now we can open the Mystery Box every 3 days but we have to wait for another event or we can find shiny Meltan if we open the box (and have luck)?
I need a shiny Melmetal in Let's Go (I already have a shiny Meltan but I love to collect shiny Pokémon XD)

ShinyHunterMaggie9186

Shiny Hunting Pro!
To be honest the two shiny Meltans I have do not have very good stats. They’re stats are terrible actually! Then don’t get me started on their natures! I forget what natures they have though. Melrose, my first shiny Meltan I didn’t want to evolve! And then, Primrose, my shiny Melmetal has the most awful stats ever! Even so I don’t know if I want to trade them since we don’t officially know when or if another shiny Meltan event is going to take place. Sorry!

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
To be honest the two shiny Meltans I have do not have very good stats. They’re stats are terrible actually! Then don’t get me started on their natures! I forget what natures they have though. Melrose, my first shiny Meltan I didn’t want to evolve! And then, Primrose, my shiny Melmetal has the most awful stats ever! Even so I don’t know if I want to trade them since we don’t officially know when or if another shiny Meltan event is going to take place. Sorry!
Don't worry, I didn't ask here to trade, I wanted to know if we can find a wild one (in GO and transfer it to Let's Go) but from your reply seems that we have to wait the next event (if there will be another one)

ShinyHunterMaggie9186

Shiny Hunting Pro!
Oh oops! I misunderstood you sorry! I think it’s only available during the shiny Meltan event. I know what you mean though! I actually wanted to try and get more shiny Meltans with better natures and stats! But unfortunately it is only possible to get a shiny Meltan if the event is officially active! :(

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Oh oops! I misunderstood you sorry! I think it’s only available during the shiny Meltan event. I know what you mean though! I actually wanted to try and get more shiny Meltans with better natures and stats! But unfortunately it is only possible to get a shiny Meltan if the event is officially active! :(
Don't worry and thank you!
Sadly I wasn't lucky and found only 1 shiny Meltan, that's why I wanted to get another one and evolve it but... I'll have to wait :)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Should i play Lets go Eevee? I dont know what to do...
I dont know if its too childish and boring.... what do u think ? I will be glad to hear recommendations or dis - recommendations

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Should i play Lets go Eevee? I dont know what to do...
I dont know if its too childish and boring.... what do u think ? I will be glad to hear recommendations or dis - recommendations
I think it’s fine if you:
*haven’t played Kanto in a long time
*want to play co-op w/ someone new to the franchise
*want an easier way to shiny hunt (overworld Shinies)
*Like following Pokémon

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Let's Go is alright overall. It isn't anything too grand, but it's different enough to the standard formula to offer something a bit new.

It's essentially a Kanto revisited with a different take than Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Plus, if you have Let's Go, you can get GMax Pikachu and GMax Eevee from the respective save slots from Let's Go over in Sword/Shield.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
How do I get Meltan ? o.o
You have to play Pokémon Go and catch Meltan by opening the Mysterious Box in that game and then transfer it into LGPE’s Pokémon Park in Fuchsia City where you have to go catch it again. Evolving Meltan has to be done in Pokémon Go and is a literal nightmare that will take months to complete the requirements necessary for the evolution.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
You have to play Pokémon Go and catch Meltan by opening the Mysterious Box in that game and then transfer it into LGPE’s Pokémon Park in Fuchsia City where you have to go catch it again. Evolving Meltan has to be done in Pokémon Go and is a literal nightmare that will take months to complete the requirements necessary for the evolution.
Indeed, It's tricky, but there are some ways to boost numbers to get the required 400 Candies. When you open the Mysterious Box, use Pinap berries on the Meltan, and try to catch as many Meltan as you can with Pinap berry boost. Next, is to make one your Meltan your Buddy Pokémon, and turn on Adventure Sync. Sure 20km is long, but adventure sync really helps get those steps in. Now, transferring Pokémon to LGPE give Pokémon Go candies of the transferred Pokémon. Very nice, if you want to get a pile in Home. Which leads me to my question:

QUESTION: Is there any way to boost the catch rate of Meltan outside of Berries and large supply of Ultra balls?

Ghost94

QUESTION: Is there any way to boost the catch rate of Meltan outside of Berries and large supply of Ultra balls?
In Pokémon Go you can acquire the gold steel type medal by catching 200 steel type Pokémon. This will yield a slightly better catch rate for Meltan. In Let’s Go, you can get a catch combo of 31 to maximize your catch rate.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
In Pokémon Go you can acquire the gold steel type medal by catching 200 steel type Pokémon. This will yield a slightly better catch rate for Meltan. In Let’s Go, you can get a catch combo of 31 to maximize your catch rate.
Is that a Catch Combo of Meltan or anything else, such as Pikachu exclusive, Oddish?