• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee HELP THREAD

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
One question if i place any pokemon from a let's go save file to the the SWITCH home app box... can they be retrieved for a new savefile on new playthroughs?

Pokefan_1987

Need opinion about building a team against Sabrina? Are my levels strong enough?

My current team consists of (They are all my highest levels out of all my pokemon)
Eevee lvl 48- Bold Nature: Bouncy Bubble, Double Kick, Baddy Bad and Glitzy Glow
Blastoise lvl 40-Mild Nature: Bubble Team, Surf, Bite and Dark Pulse
Gyarados lvl 40- Timid Nature: Surf, Scald and Bite
Snorlax lvl 42-Jolly Nature: Brick Break, Surf, Thunder Bolt and Headbutt
Alolan Marowak lvl 40 Bashful Nature: Bonemerang, Dark Pulse, Rage and Thrash
Charizard lvl 40 Rash Nature: Ember, Fire Spin, Dragon Pulse and Scratch

Houka

This look like good team 40's should be alright just be aware of Alakazam's speed And special Attack. Eevee should be able to take it down with is being a pretty high level.

Pokefan_1987

This look like good team 40's should be alright just be aware of Alakazam's speed And special Attack. Eevee should be able to take it down with is being a pretty high level.
So far i've still noticed that Eevee tends to do badly against moves like Poison Jab and Psychic (If i did not know that the opponent was a poison trainer.) I've learned that from Jessie's Arbok and James's Weezing early on because of how bulky those two are.

Houka

So far i've still noticed that Eevee tends to do badly against moves like Poison Jab and Psychic (If i did not know that the opponent was a poison trainer.) I've learned that from Jessie's Arbok and James's Weezing early on because of how bulky those two are.
Yeah his defenses aren't the best, strong attack from fairly strong Pokmeon can mess it up pretty badly. Keep in mind of it it's pHysical or speical focus same goes for defenses. Weezing is a Physical strong and defenseive pokemon so a special attacks can take it out without too much trouble.

Pokefan_1987

Yeah his defenses aren't the best, strong attack from fairly strong Pokmeon can mess it up pretty badly. Keep in mind of it it's pHysical or speical focus same goes for defenses. Weezing is a Physical strong and defenseive pokemon so a special attacks can take it out without too much trouble.
Just got through Sabrina and the other leaders. I just avoided most of Sabrina's trainers to conserve my hyper potion supply. Blaine and Giovanni were easy.
But one trainer in Viridian Gym with a Rhyhorn using Fissure caught my Surf Snorlax pokemon offguard and i planned on using Mega Charizard Y next... but i accident chose Mega Charizard X. and Fissure KO'd him too. So Eevee with Bouncy Bubble and saved the day.

Houka

Yeah the game has some twist but sounds like your doing fine now. For the elite four, you should get most of your pokemon around 55+ with a good strategy you can get by other wise 60+ is good if you want to just power stream most of them.

Pokefan_1987

I also noticed that since my eevee did not have a electric move and blastoise was out first (when i reached the optional rival fight) that Pidgeot was tanking more than 10 shots of mega blastoises surf because it was spamming roost more than 10 times. My blastoise is level 47 since most of the game is just so easy.

I'm working on these now

Dragonair lvl 27 (It was a low level Imported from GO she will be strong eventually)
Blastoise lvl 47
Eevee level 51
Charizard level 44
Snorlax lvl 45
Alolan Marowak lvl 45
Optionals: Alolan Ninetales, high level Slowbro, Nidorino lvl 46 (need a moonstone), kabutops lvl 45,

Last edited:

Houka

Give Blastoise Ice Beam it'll take care of Pidgeot, you'll be suprise on how much better super effective moves can be. Plus you'll be need that for Lance. You might want to evolve Dragonair before attempting the Elite Four. Check out it's move set to see what ya want it to learn.

Pokefan_1987

I've tracked down Ice Beam. Curiously after tracking down all elemental punches...i noticed that both Blastoise and The Dragonite i'm working on can both learn Ice Punch. But Dragonite is has a much better for Physical Attack for the elemental punches.

One thing, does CP really matter in terms of strength for better or just proper levels? It's confusing having both levels and CP stats.

Houka

CP is a sort of how good the pokemon is, it takes in the level, stats, EV, and IV into a single number. For the most part you don't have to worry so much about that. It's just for comparing pokemon without going into more mathematics way of comparing competitive.

Yeah Dragonite has a better Physical then Special he's good for a lot hard hitting physical attacks like Dragon Rush. Blastoise is a bit more mix depending your EV/IV spread it can go either or.

Pokefan_1987

Got through the battles..with this team

Eevee lvl 56 (Eevee was obviously the most big MVP of the team with Bouncy Bubble, Double Kick, Baddy Bad and Buzzy Buzz.)
Charizard lvl 49
Blastoise lvl 54
Nidoking lvl 49
Slowbro lvl 47 (Psychic user against Bruno alongside Charizard Y's Fly)
Dragonair lvl 37 (Couldn't do much so she was bait for reviving one of my members)

One thing was very annoying...Mega Pidgeot was loved spamming Air Slash and and Trace used 3Full Restores (I nicknamed him Gary though) and my Mega Blastoise took more than 7 Ice Punches to kill Pidgeot (between him and Charizard flinching and having to retreat Blastoise to heal him.
But i didn't lose any E4 members

Houka

Your team was tad under but thankfully you made it through. Yeah Pidgeot is very bulky in mega form really through your strongest S-effetive mon and hopefully ya can take it out in a couple hits.

Well congratz! If ya wish to catch legends (if ya didn't already caught the birds) they are at 50 while the final is 70. If ya want try a rematch that keep in mind that Rematch Trace is at lv 65+. Though I think you'll need to catch that last Legend before the E4 upgrades.

Pokefan_1987

I'll probably keep a few of my strongest ones in a HOME box if i do future playthroughs. That way i can just import them when i reach Fuchsia and power level them in the playthrough *evil grin* but i've done enough after i probably use a Master Ball on Mewtwo later.

Well I'm going to focus more on the last Gyms in Pokemon: VIOLET to prepare for the School Championship Tournament or what it is called.
It'll be nice to move on to a more bigger ammount of available pokemon instead of Kanto 151's and a few Alolan versions.

Pokefan_1987

Need a quick answer if i take any pokemon/pokemons from a Let's Go box > send it to HOME... can they be accessed by re-transferring to box on a new save let's go box with the same trainer name as my original save so i don't have to wait so long for Fuchsia City's Go Park?

I know i need would need several badges for obedience.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Need a quick answer if i take any pokemon/pokemons from a Let's Go box > send it to HOME... can they be accessed by re-transferring to box on a new save let's go box with the same trainer name as my original save so i don't have to wait so long for Fuchsia City's Go Park?

I know i need would need several badges for obedience.
The trainer name does not need to be the same. The only criteria for the same system is that the Pokémon from your original LGPE game cannot be transferred into any other game.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Still trying to understand catch combos. So if I catch, say 31 Slowpoke in Seafoam Island, it's 1 in 273.12 or whatever for the next spawn. Is that after every Slowpoke I catch? So each time I catch one, whatever spawns next has that chance, or is it just the next Slowpoke?

AwesomeEric

Still trying to understand catch combos. So if I catch, say 31 Slowpoke in Seafoam Island, it's 1 in 273.12 or whatever for the next spawn. Is that after every Slowpoke I catch? So each time I catch one, whatever spawns next has that chance, or is it just the next Slowpoke?
The boost only affects the next one that spawns, so you need to continue building your catch combo.

Charizard

Soul Trainer
Long story short, after beating Giovanni the 8th gym leader I have saved. My friend played just for fun with no intentions of saving. He caught a Ratata level 3 with a master ball. He used the useless rare candies on Eevee and my pokeball plus mew. He did lots of wrong things. He went on and did beat the elite 4 and the champion. The game AUTOSAVED and this pisses me off a lot. Can I somehow revert to the previous save?