1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Wulava, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

I won’t be able to trade until tomorrow evening. But I will do my best and get what you need.

2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Thanks. I'll make sure to be on then.

Is around 8-9pm eastern time ok with you?

Do you need anything, Pokemon wise?

(I'm up to sixth badge (got five of them so far) -- so no Cerulean Cave yet).

TeamRocketLeaderMarty‏ @DocMcfly
    This battle was a pain, Thunder hit every time. Unlike when Pikachu tries to use it. Then it usually misses. #PokemonLetsGo[​IMG] #NintendoSwitch

https://twitter.com/DocMcfly/status/1092300612794953729

It was one of the battles in the Seafoam Islands. Drove me batty.

-----------------

@Captain Jigglypuff Are we still on for tonight, trading wise?

---------------------

Got the sixth badge tonight against Sabrina. It was a challenging battle! :) Working on some training tonight before challenging Blaine for the seventh badge.

Ended up changing my mind on that one lol. Took down Blaine and got the seventh badge. Now onto some training.

-------------------

Did a little bit of shiny hunting last night and ran into a Shiny Pikachu (it only took 23 to reach it -- shortest shiny hunt yet).

----------------------

Just battled and took down Giovanni for the 8th badge last night and did a little battling on Victory road.

-----------------------

Nothing like trolling during a Ditto battle. Brought in a Magikarp. :p

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  3. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Well lesson learned.

When you transfer Meltan over, he is going to be a pain in the butt to catch. In addition to how the pokemon at the park will flee from you. (Though you can try again!)

Mine is a modest nature... which is good for Meltan since his only good moves are special. I'm never going to use him and I got another candy for the Melmetal project!

4. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Ran into and caught a random shiny Machoke in Let's Go while trying to hunt for a shiny Geodude. He surprised the heck out of me! Working on training up some more for the Elite 4 though.

----------------------

Just found and caught Moltres. :) Now onto more training.

-------------------------

Trying my luck against the Elite 4. And holy Arceus... Lorelai's Jynx is a pain in the butt! It keeps on spamming Lovely Kiss. Made the battle a slog.

Made it through Bruno and Agatha, both pretty challenging. Now onto Lance.

Took him down and then took down my rival and won. :) Now I am the Pokemon Champion.

Worked on leveling up my Charmeleon and then used some rare candies on it for it to evolve so I could go Charizard and Dragonite hunting. Was able to catch both and earlier on tonight, I caught a Snorlax.

----------------------

Was trying for a shiny Kabuto, but I screwed up and saved the game after getting a regular one. /facepalm Ended up trying again for Mewtwo last night. Decided to just go for a regular one. It was a tough battle, ended up going with Articuno in the end and let Mewtwo hit it with Psychic and then used Mirror Coat to knock out Mewtwo.

Ended up catching it with only 2-3 Ultra Balls. It really surprised me. Thought it would take me a lot longer.

Then I got to work trying to chain Chansey... that didn't work as it ran. But then I tried with Geodude and lucked out at a little over 50 encounters. A shiny one showed up and I caught it and named it Nugget. :) Also went item hunting. Had a really fun time doing it.

Also faced off against Green and it was a real challenge. We both brought our best.

Also, really got a good laugh at the Professor Oak as champion joke after you beat the Elite 4 lol XD. I'll have to see if I can find a clip of that scene.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  5. Ishiftyounot

Ishiftyounot Dum de dum...

Had to take a couple of weeks away from the game due to university (assignment overload is a pain) and I ended up losing track of where I was in the game. Figured a fresh start would be needed, and also decided to do a side project alongside playing Let's Go where I draw my team members after reaching certain stages of the game! These stages also provide perfect points to post progress here on the forums, in this rather lifeless Recent Happenings thread. So here we go.

Started the game, reset a few time for a male Pikachu (nothing against female Pikachu, just wanted one for the name) and did the opening bits like meeting the rival and finding Professor Oak. Caught my beloved new starter and named him Zeus, because Greek mythology is pretty neat. I caught a bunch of wild Pokemon on Route 1, went to Viridian City to collect the parcel for Oak, returned, beat the hell out of my rival's Eevee and worked towards filling my Pokedex. I've planned out what exactly I'll need to catch up to every milestone (which are the gyms, for clarification) which explains why I caught 11 Rattata but only kept about 3 (2 Alolan ones, 1 regular one). I then caught my second team member, a Bulbasaur I named Dionysus! I trained him on Route 22 as I caught my third team member, a Nidoran-Male! Which I named Ares.

I trained my new team members some more, caught more Pokemon in the area and made my way to Pewter City. Brock was no match for Ares and Dionysus, and I stopped there for about a week to draw those 3 Pokemon on my team. When they were complete and all posted onto my Instagram, I continued onwards towards Mt. Moon, capturing my fourth team member - Hephaestus the Charmander - en-route. Mt. Moon took a while (Onix and Clefable are nightmares to catch) but eventually my Pokedex was fairly up-to-date before Cerulean City, albeit my team was borderline under-levelled (Level 15 as we took on the gym). Luckily a battle with my rival evolved Ares, Dionysus and Hepheastus into their middle evolution stages and Misty was an easy defeat thanks to Zeus, and my trusty starter actually got a gym win for the first time. As of now, I'm saved before Nugget Bridge as I try and catch up on my drawings - god do I regret picking the Bulbasaur line as drawing them is a challenge...

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu Team:
    [​IMG] Zeus the Pikachu, Level 17 [Zippy Zap, Tail Whip, Headbutt, Double Kick]
    [​IMG] Ares the Nidorino, Level 17 [Headbutt, Double Kick, Poison Sting, Peck]
    [​IMG] Dionysus the Ivysaur, Level 17 [Headbutt, Vine Whip, Poison Powder, Leech Seed]
    [​IMG] Hephaestus the Charmeleon, Level 17 [Ember, Headbutt, Growl, Smokescreen]

6. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

Found an opportunity to pick up Let's Go Pikachu pre-owned and took it. For the longest time I was pretty sure I was going to go with Eevee because of Alolan Vulpix, but Oddish and the opportunity to save some money eventually won out ;)

Sure enough, Oddish ended up being the very first Pokemon I caught after my starter and it has been a major asset to my team. The fact that its first attack is Absorb in a game without Liquid Ooze is huge, and the Poison typing covers a lot of its grass weaknesses well. I've been able to balance leveling him up with my partner Pikachu, and recently added a Clefairy to my team from Mt. Moon. Just got to Cerulean and I've already caught 50 Pokemon for the gift Charmander, so I'm hoping to add him to my team soon - just gotta make sure schoolwork takes top priority.

So for now my team consists of:

Lucius the Pikachu (Thundershock, Growl, Double Kick, Quick Attack)
    Buddy the Oddish (Absorb, Sleep Powder, Acid, Poison Powder)
    Pippin the Clefairy (Can't remember all the attacks but the only one I really use is Headbutt)

7. thatlasslaura

thatlasslaura New Member

Just caught my Mewtwo in LGP! I've loved this game so far, but Scyther still eludes me. Both that I've managed to spawn so far have ran away, despite using gold berries AND ultra balls on the suckers.

I'm actually thinking I would have been better holding onto the master ball for a scyther instead of using it on mewtwo, lol!

Once I've managed to catch the dude, all that I need to do is trade for Eevee version exclusives and the trade evolutions. :D

8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

Made a new profile on my Switch so I could start another game as the female trainer and a female Eevee. I got one and this game I’m doing a Rupaul’s Drag Race Name theme and nicknamed my partner Eevee Oddly after the season 11 contestant Yvie Oddly. It was such a perfect name and rather appropriate. My trainer is named Kim Chi. I defeated Brock and am currently in Mt Moon exploring.