• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Walked in Mr Moon and found a shiny Geodude by accident =]
Is the shint rate higher in these games?

Internet says...
“The base odds of getting a shiny in Pokemon Let's Go can be as high as a 1 in 4,096 chance. However, with a lure, shiny charm and catch combo these odds can decrease to 1 in 273.07.”

And it’s the same rate as Sun & Moon I think yet I’m rather pleased too. ^_^ I got at least around 10 before I even beat the game.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I just spent the last two hours rigorously busting through the Elite Four and Trace just do I could become Champion and go to Cerulean Cave and catch Mewtwo so I can level it up to Lv. 100 and use it to take down Max Raid battles in Shield.

It took nearly 40 Ultra Balls to do it.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I just spent the last two hours rigorously busting through the Elite Four and Trace just do I could become Champion and go to Cerulean Cave and catch Mewtwo so I can level it up to Lv. 100 and use it to take down Max Raid battles in Shield.

It took nearly 40 Ultra Balls to do it.
I would have gladly given you a Mewtwo from my plethora of Mewtwos I collected over the years for your Shield game

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I would have gladly given you a Mewtwo from my plethora of Mewtwos I collected over the years for your Shield game

Mewtwo is one of those pokemon I definitely prefer catching on my own. Given the difficulty, being able to catch it is quite rewarding.

I do very much appreciate your kindness, though. Thanks. :)

KisuTim

I always use the master ball on Mewtwo but something pretty cool I just noticed going back into Omega Ruby to catch Pokemon,I finished the dex for the first time in Omega Ruby and going back to it after so long I noticed I never used my master ball to catch all those legendaries back then

Nyter

Island Challenger
I feel like restarting this game. Mostly so I can kinda have a theme with Go Park, and update my Trainer name.
I am actually playing Let's Go Eevee for the first time. I already played Let' Go Pikachu. You should def do so. And if you need any help with any Pokemon, let me know. I will gladly help trade.

In my Let's Go Eevee, in Cerulean Cave, I had already caught Mewtwo with the Master Ball (does that little animation with the Master Ball only happen with Mewtwo or does it happen with any other Pokemon being caught with the Pokeball?).

So after leaving Trace, told me that there was a trainer who was looking for the Mewtwo I had just caught. So I went back into Cerulean Cave and saw that it was Pokemon Trainer Green... she is rude throwing pokeballs as me. You already know I smacked her team up with my

- Partner Eevee
- Hitmonchan
- Lapras
- Rapidash
- Exeggutor (Alolan)
- Kabutops

My Pokemon we ranging between 60 and 65, except for My Partner Eevee who was at level 80

She took out her Clefable first and I took out my Partner Eevee. I used 2 Tail whips while Green had Clefable. Used Reflect. My partner Eevee was able to take some hits but we spammed with Dig until Reflect wore off and then hit her with that Ddu-Ddu-du-du.

Then Green's Kangaskhan came out. I used my Rapidash against it, delivering Fire Blasts trying to burn her but Rapidash fell to Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan was weak and I had Eevee use her quick attack to finish it off, Boombayah.

Green's Nintetales came out next. So I threw out my Kabutops. I put up a Stealth Rock and then a Rock Slide and Aqua Jet and finished her off. My Kaputops was at 1/4 health after this, it was Pretty Savage.

Green next brought out Victreebell. I let my Kabutops stay in as it had Leech Life but it fell in the end. Hitmonchan then took care of this one with its Fire and Ice Punches. Hitmonchan was left at 1 HP, As If It's Your Last.

Green's Gengar came up next. I had Lapras handle that with Ice Beams and Surfs. Gengar fell as Lapras was left with low HP as of it was some Lovesick Girls.

Now came Green's Ace, Blastoise, who mega evolved into Mega Blastoise. I continued on with Lapras but Blastoise moved first and took it out. Then I had Alolan Exeggutor have a go but Blastoise was faster and hit him with the Ice Beam, KOing it. Next up was my Hitmonchan who was already weak and definitely made dent with ThunderPunch. But Himonchan fell. It was now all left to my Eevee. Luckily, my Eevee has Buzzy Buzz... Mega Blastoise was at over 1/2 HP and Eevee was at 1/4. Eevee thankfully moved first and used Buzzy Buzz, damaging Mega Blastoise half of its current HP and paralyzing it. This next part was a nail-biter. I was hoping Mega Blastoise would paralyze this turn but sadly he did not. Instead he used Hydro Pump... and my Eevee avoided the attack with one of my shouts!!! So now I used Buzzy Buzz again and BAM, I beat Green and her team. How You Like That?

After the battle she threw several Poke Balls at me and I am livid. And that is where I left off. I want to battle Archer and Red soon...

Briarwyn

After so many tries, I now have the perfect partner. She is Eve the eevee. Hardy nature, and capable of taking hits. She's very cute, I love her as my partner.

Himaro Aurora

Ocean Warrior
Ep 1~ Kanto is where the start is..

The beginning of phase 4 in my Poké-Journeys!
The Kanto adventures have begun & is now long underway! It's great to be back at Kanto, familiar lands yet a new adventure has unfolded..
Ash & Gary in one. I am working hard to conquer Kanto on my journey to be a Pokémon Master.

The journey so far has been a long one, much training & friends met. I have a big & versatile Pokémon team. Not playing games!
Beat Koga, caught my numero uno Dratini soon to be Dragonite and I am circling the power plant where I am soon to face face legendary Zapdos! ZZZ. Oh how mighty a foe this is. It has caused destruction to me in the past. I've told my team we can do this! Before long we will be on a vacation of bonding but for now the test of the electric bird awaits.
This is my first post for this journey and condenses alot of great moments, Pokémon caught and adventures!
Goh my rival has always appeared steps ahead but I'm blazing close! Kanto is evergreen and I've explored it plenty but much to come!

Will I conquer Zapdos? Do I have what it takes! Only time will tell, stay tuned ⚡

Madison M

I completed my Pokédex yesterday (weirdly Pidgeot was the last one I needed) and got the shiny charm. I then immediately started shiny hunting Magnemite/Magneton (my favorite shinies) again. I ended up getting Electabuzz last night and named him Raijin. Then I got Chansey this morning and named her Joy.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just got this game today. Pretty fun so far.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
So let me just address this first, the very first Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Pearl on the DS, I never played the original Pokemon Red and Blue. I did play Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green to get a feel for Kanto and of course the other remake that was HeartGold/SoulSilver. So yeah I am familar with Kanto since I played those games.

When you first start the game, you are met with Professor Oak who we all know is the person that welcomes you to the world of Pokemon. Asks what you look like (which was a new thing added since Gen 6 in Pokemon X and Y) and then asks you what your name was. Strange thing enough the Rival was changed to a more "friendly" type. I know this is one of those things that bothered a lot of people but it never bothered me that much. So then you get your partner Pokemon depending on which version of the game you get. I got Pikachu since this the version I played on. Now you can choose to play without having Pikachu in the party but the game still encourages you to use it when traveling with it.

The major changes in this game compared to the remakes (I don't know much about the original since I never played it) are that there is no Wild Battles. Normally when you encounter a Pokemon you have to send your Pokemon out to weaken and catch it, but here its changed to where you have to see the Pokemon in the grass in the over world to encounter it. The most controversial change this game has it that the catching mechanic has been replaced with the Pokemon Go mechanics. Basically when you see a ring circle it indicates how hard or easy the Pokemon is to catch. There are two ways to do this, if you're playing on TV you have to use the Joy Con to swing it on the TV to catch the Pokemon (which is rely on motion controls and there is no option to turn that off), or in handheld mode where you just press a button to catch the Pokemon which in my opinion is a lot more easier.

One of the things that disappointed me and a lot of other people was that they took out Abilities, Held Items, and Breeding which were the core things that made Pokemon great. I get that this game is suppose to be for the new comers but its a major downgrade from what we are used to from past Pokemon games. As far as the difficulty is I went into this not battling much trainers because I didn't want my Pokemon to be too over leveled. I had a hard time with some battles but when my Pokemon was at higher levels I had a more easier time. This is one of the main issues that many people have with this game is that the game feels like there is no challenge to it. I know this has been a hot topic for a long while since X and Y, but me personally it doesn't bother me all that much.

Despite these flaws, I still had a good time playing this game. I am glad that they removed HMs (Since Gen 7 in Sun and Moon) and replaced them with secret techniques that your partner Pokemon can use to Cut Trees, Surf on Water, Use Flash, and Fly (which is in a balloon fly thing). While I wish there was more Pokemon to catch since in the Remake (Fire Red/Leaf Green) when you beat the champion the Pokemon you catch from Johto appears but for whatever reason they didn't do that in this game. I get it was suppose to be a remake of Pokemon Yellow but still I was disappointed.

Overall Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee is a solid game for new people that haven't played Pokemon before and just want to have a chill experience, while for others like the core fanbase will not like it because its watered down and not really that challenging. So I will rate this game a 7.5/10

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I have been trying for the last two days to find a shiny Ekans outside Mt. Moon. Current catch combo: 325. It's fun though. I'm seeing the legendary birds spawning overhead, trying to tempt me from the hunt. I already broke my streak once when a random shiny Spearow spawned. Not doing that again.

Update: spent the last two nights after work continuing my catch combo. When I called it a night last night, it was at 551, with over 600 Ekans sent to the professor. No shiny in all that time.

Last edited:

Barrysun

Decided to transfer some Pokémon from go to activate the mystery box.

pus I'm enjoying seeing my Melmetal and Meltan party in the go park.
and now, I'm catching some Pokémon in the go park

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
After many years I got a copy of the game and just beaten the League.
I wanted to use some Pokemon hardly any trainer used in the game and ended up with:
Eevee
(Mega) Beedrill
Alolan Dugtrio
Kingler (never used in a Core game by an important trainer)
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Persian

I used Alolan Raticate up until Erika I believe (I switched it for A-Dugtrio), the thing is quite strong and bulky.

I was a bit underleveled and my final match-up vs Trace was my Eevee vs his Slowbro.
My Eevee's moveset at the time:
Glitzy Glow
Sizzly Slide
Bouncy Bubble
Quick Attack

I was stalling the Slowbro on whom Trace used all 3 Full Restores. My tactic was setting up Light Screen via Glitzy Glow, Burning Slowbro with Sizzly Slide and slowly bringing him down with a mix between Bouncy Bubble and Quick Attack. I also used 3 Full Restores.
The battle felt like a true League finale with the last battle taking forever:) I was also suprised that Trace had some AI with Trace switching his Slowbro earlier for Marowak when I wanted to use Thunderbolt from A-Raichu.

Where can I grind a bit before taking on Mewtwo, Blue and Green? At League rematches? My Pokemon are currently in their 50s and I tried taking on Blue but his Tauros slaughtered my Team.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Where can I grind a bit before taking on Mewtwo, Blue and Green? At League rematches? My Pokemon are currently in their 50s and I tried taking on Blue but his Tauros slaughtered my Team.
Congrats on beating the game! I believe most people grind in Cerulean Cave by catching Chansey - Serebii says it can be found on the second floor at a 10% encounter rate (unlike anywhere else in-game where it's a special encounter from catch combos) and ranges from levels 51-56, so should easily push your team's levels up without major hassle! Catching multiple in a row increases the experience gained I think, as does nailing perfect throws, but you may not need it. Hope that helps!

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Congrats on beating the game! I believe most people grind in Cerulean Cave by catching Chansey - Serebii says it can be found on the second floor at a 10% encounter rate (unlike anywhere else in-game where it's a special encounter from catch combos) and ranges from levels 51-56, so should easily push your team's levels up without major hassle! Catching multiple in a row increases the experience gained I think, as does nailing perfect throws, but you may not need it. Hope that helps!
Many thanks for the advice! :)

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
After my incredible success at clearing Brilliant Diamond I thought I was going to play Legends: Arceus, but I couldn't decide on a starter. My gaming catalogue for the Switch remains borderline excessive and I really need to crack on with whittling it down, so I decided to play Let's Go Eevee instead! It's a relatively quick game to clear completely, I actually have some idea of what I want to use on my team and after playing it with my brother the other day I felt a bit nostalgic for it, so here we are! This file does have some rules for it though, mainly on account of the fact that I'll be rotating team members...
  1. No over-levelling the gym leader's ace Pokemon (i.e. my team couldn't be higher than level 12 versus Brock)
  2. I must use the same number of Pokemon as the gym leader (i.e. 2v2 against Brock)
  3. No items in battle
  4. Game is complete upon the following:
    1. Pokedex is complete (153/153 Pokemon obtained)
    2. Gym Leaders, Elite 4, Champion, Red & Green defeated at their highest level
    3. Master Trainers for each team member defeated
    4. Archer and Jessie & James defeated at their highest level
Thus far I've made it to Mt. Moon without major issue outside of Brock being a little bit scary and the Coach Trainer with the Meowth actually KOing a Pokemon on my team. I started out with Floofball the Eevee and cleared Trace (my rival) without major hassle. Caught Monarch the Nidoran♀, Static the Pikachu and Olive the Bulbasaur before returning to take on Trace a second time - Pikachu demolished his Pidgey and his own Pikachu fell to Nidoran. Came out of Viridian Forest and into Pewter City incredibly under-levelled, with Bulbasaur only just learning Vine Whip before the gym which made things a bit tense. Brock's Geodude dealt major damage to Bulbasaur who 3HKOed with Vine Whip, forcing me to switch into Eevee to handle Onix. Luckily he went for Rock Throw which did very little damage whilst I Double Kick'd to victory.

From there I hit up Route 3 to capture Charlie the Charmander, and before long Boulderbash the Geodude made up a complete squad before even progressing properly into Mt. Moon! Unprecedented for me. The lower levels on my team have actually made the game pretty fun, since I'm not over-levelled against random trainers and the gym leaders seem like they'll be a major threat! The fact that I'm still trying to work through the Pokedex means my straggling team members gain experience whilst my overachievers sit in the box which is also neat. Here's hoping it continues!

Let's Go Eevee Team:
133-pa.png
Floofball the Eevee, Level 14
Headbutt, Pay Day, Double Kick, Quick Attack

029.png
Monarch the Nidoran, Level 13
Headbutt, Double Kick, Bite, Poison Sting

025.png
Static the Pikachu, Level 12
Headbutt, Thunder Shock, Quick Attack, Double Kick

001.png
Olive the Bulbasaur, Level 13
Headbutt, Vine Whip, Tackle, Leech Seed

004.png
Charlie the Charmander, Level 10
Headbutt, Scratch, Growl, Smokescreen

074.png
Boulderbash the Geodude, Level 10
Headbutt, Rock Throw, Defense Curl, Bide

Look at that Headbutt spam, incredible. Suppose that's what you get for giving a 70BP Normal move so early on, it's better than any other move my team can access at this point.

Barrysun

opened up let's go Eevee and started transferring some Pokémon from go to the go park. made some captures and had a rematch with elite 4 to get more money for more Poke Balls and nature encounter of the day.
as I've visited my parks, I've seen a lot of old Pokémon I didn't capture.