• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This thread is for those of you who already have the game.

You can post anything about your game progress such as defeating the Gym Leaders, finishing the League, battling the Master Trainers, encountering Shiny and Legendary Pokemon, completing your wardrobe or the Dex, etc.

RULES
  • Do not spam. Avoid posting consecutively. This isn't your personal status feed.
  • Do not ask questions here. We have a dedicated thread for that HERE.
  • Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Chained 31 Metapods.” You are obviously being too lazy, or just trying to increase your post count.
  • Follow the rules. Ignorance may result to your post being deleted or infractions.

Grey Wind

Reached Cerulean city yesterday, and went to Route 24/25 to train up a bit. I'm finding it kinda difficult to get newer Pokemon up to speed with my team without over-leveling everyone else. But anyways, once Bulbsaur and Pidgey had evolved I went back and challenged Misty, who was a breeze with Ivysaur and Pikachu. Cascade badge get.

After that I went down to route 5 and added a Growlithe to my team. I trained it up for a while back above Cerulean (where I also spawned a Squirtle), then made the journey through the underground path to Vermilion.

025.png
lv 20
002.png
lv 19
017.png
lv 19
030.png
lv 20
027.png
lv 18
058.png
lv 18

Drummerdude

Got both versions but started Pikachu as my main game. I have decided not to really plan out a team and just go with what I feel like using. And since I was stunned to see Oddish on Route 1 Oddish became my second team member. I didn't really see anything I felt like using up until Route 5 where I caught a Growlithe and the only reason I am using it is because it's walking/running animation is adorable. Anyways I reached Lavender Town earlier this morning and decided to stop before heading into the Pokemon Tower. I'm still unsure of what my final 3 team members will be but I do want to transfer something from Go.

025.png
Lv32
044.png
Lv32
058.png
Lv28

My other three team members rotate between Pokemon that may be close to evolving for Pokedex completion purposes.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Currently training in the Pokémon League Marsh Badge Zone before heading back to Cinnabar Island. Though I enjoy battling, I refuse to answer any of the quiz questions incorrectly. Thus, I want to be fully leveled before I head out.

091.png
- Lv. 47
031.png
- Lv. 47
080.png
- Lv. 47
093.png
- Lv. 47
124.png
- Lv. 47
038-a.png
- Lv. 48

GAK Attack

Currently in the Pokemon League, about to face the elite four. Before getting there, I took the time to catch each of the legendary birds. Here's my report on that:

Holy PokeBalls... that was intense. Articuno was the first I tried and the easiest, and still wiped me out of Ultra Balls (I had about 25 starting out). Last one caught it. Berries worked the best here as well - all I had at this point were Razz and Pinap (no silver or gold) and they still helped.

Zapdos was next and that bird would not stay still, even with berries to help (they didn't help much). I got more Ultra Balls this time and went through all of them (close to 100 yikes). Tried some Great Balls... nope. Ended up catching it with one of the Premier Balls the Marts flood me with. So at least it has a fancy ball. Still took me down to my last one.

Moltres was one I wasn't going to do right away and come back to later, but I stumbled upon it pretty easily in Victory Road and gave it a shot. By far the hardest of the three to catch because berries did absolutely nothing. I was even using gold and silver razz berries I picked up since starting this process. They all just got burned in the flames (literally.. you can see them burning up and the sound effect matches too). Used a combination of Ultra Balls, Great Balls, and Premier Balls. Didn't quite wipe me out, but I once again ended up getting it with a Premier Ball. Finally. I was starting to doubt it was going to happen at all.

For all three, they all move around constantly. So try to slow them down with berries if you can, but that barely works and it doesn't last for more than 1-2 throws if at all. Obviously Premier Balls worked twice for me, so give those a shot if you've saved htem up enough. I also did this all on my tv with the PokeBall Plus controlller. I suppose I could have switched to handheld mode for an easier catching experience, but I guess I wanted the challenge. Excellent/Great/Nice throws don't seem to mean much here (do they ever?) and Zapdos and Moltres were both caught on pretty crappy throws, no bonus applied. Articuno was a Great throw.

I was tempted to use my Master Ball for some of these (looking at you, Moltres) but I'm glad I didn't and now I have it for Mewtwo later and won't have to go through this again. I'm sure he won't be easy without the Master.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m now at Indiogo Plateau. I caught Machoke this morning and evolved Alolan Meowth last night. Also taught Earthquake to Aerodactyl. My team right now is Kabutops, Machoke, Aerodactyl, Eevee, Mew, And Snorlax.

I currently have 4 badges and am about to battle Koga for my fifth gym badge. I've been taking it slow, registering a ton of Pokemon to my Poke Dex, which is currently at 78 or so species. My current team is Seadra, Magneton, Mr. Mime, Golbat, shiny Pidgeot, and Eevee. Found my shiny Pidgeot as a Pidgeotto outside Vermillion City, which was a huge surprise :')

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Finally took down Giovanni, and now prepping for the Elite Four.

My poor Haunter just doesn't have the defenses needed to withstand attacks, but I refuse to remove it from my party. Thus, I'm working on its Speed and Special Attack to keep it going. Speed might be most important, though. Much like my Jynx, it just needs to get the first hit. Oddly enough, though, my Jynx is far more durable.

091.png
- Lv. 50
031.png
- Lv. 50
080.png
- Lv. 50
093.png
- Lv. 50
124.png
- Lv. 50
038-a.png
- Lv. 50

char_char

Beginning Trainer
Was hunting for a high IV Abra and found a shiny one on my 28th catch. Was shocked! Almost lost the shiny Abra and my catch combo because I was so nervous haha. Ended up catching a mild nature (thanks to Madame Celadon) 5 IV (attack stat was just “good”) on my 48th catch. Took almost two hours, but worth it haha.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I just beat Blaine, and now I am rescuing Silph CO from Team Rocket (yes I battled Blaine before Sabrina I did it all the time back in Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, and LeafGreen).

And I got say I think I may have over trained "just a little" my lowest level is a tie between Rhydon and Snorlax both at level 50 with my highest Zapdos at level 54, MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Finally took down Giovanni, and now prepping for the Elite Four.

My poor Haunter just doesn't have the defenses needed to withstand attacks, but I refuse to remove it from my party. Thus, I'm working on its Speed and Special Attack to keep it going. Speed might be most important, though. Much like my Jynx, it just needs to get the first hit. Oddly enough, though, my Jynx is far more durable.

091.png
- Lv. 50
031.png
- Lv. 50
080.png
- Lv. 50
093.png
- Lv. 50
124.png
- Lv. 50
038-a.png
- Lv. 50

You need to find a trustworthy buddy to get that Haunter evolved! Though you would miss out on an unusual ride.

Ariki

Caught quite a few Pokemon in Pokemon Go to transfer to LGP.

Set up my Pokeball Plus and received my gift Mew and have linked it to Pokemon Go as well so I can farm Pokemon for transferring to Let’s Go.

Defeated all the trainers on routes 13 - 15.

Have started storming Team Rocket in Silph co. Once I’m done there I’ll head back to Celadon City and challenge Erika to a battle.

Current team:

Pidgeot 43
Pikachu 44
Venusaur 44
Charizard 44
Butterfree 44
Blastoise 44

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Arrived at Cerulean City and about to challenge Misty. While 7 hours and 17 minutes counting, my team are:

133.png
- Lv. 18
002.png
- Lv. 16
025.png
- Lv. 15
012.png
- Lv. 14
029.png
- Lv. 13
035.png
- Lv. 10

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You need to find a trustworthy buddy to get that Haunter evolved! Though you would miss out on an unusual ride.

Why would I ever want to evolve my dear Haunter?

Haunter one of my favorite Ghost pokemon. In no game have I ever wanted to evolve it. Any Gengar I ever had was either traded for (post-evolution) or caught.

Halkel

Experimentalist
As of today:
Started my game
Got my first Let's Go Shiny in a Rattata in Route 16 on the 20th
Followed by a Shiny Pidgey chaining Psyduck in Route 25 the next day
With my target reached at a chain of 40 in Route 17 today around 1AM.

Named my shiny Psyduck after Scrooge McDuck (ScroogeMcDux due to Character Limitations), giving it Pay Day.

Today also marks an end of an era for my only Quick Attack Starmie, who had its moves re-shuffled without any clear detail on Go Park stating it does so :(. I'm trying to find a way to get it back but its beginning to look futile. Rest in Peace Starfy, my Quick Attack Starmie. I had to get my sister's Quick Attack Staryu to replace the loss. This should be investigated so we know why it happened because I had huge plans for these 2 now 1.

Grey Wind

I trained on route 11 for a while (and evolved Sandshrew), then battled through the SS Anne. I forgot how big it is lol. There wasn't much to do around Vermilion after that apart from battling Mina, so I went ahead and challenged Lt. Surge, and brought along Nidorina, Growlithe and Ivysaur. I stupidly forgot to teach Nidorina Dig beforehand and didn't realise until she was my last Pokemon left, but I had poisoned Raichu with Ivysaur and stalled until it fainted.

I explored a little bit with cut after that, and headed back through Diglett's Cave. On my way to Cerulean, I stumbled across my first shiny of the game - Zubat. Woo. :D I battled my way through route 10, met up with Lorelei, and saved once I reached Rock Tunnel.

025.png
lv 26
002.png
lv 25
017.png
lv 24
030.png
lv 26
028.png
lv 25
058.png
lv 25

Ariki

Lots happened today!

Defeated Team Rocket in Saffron City. Then I took on the gyms in Celadon and Fuschia City, before defeating all the trainers from Fuschia City to Cinnabar Island, then from Cinnabar Island to Pallet Town, including the Pokemon Mansion, before catching Articuno and Zapdos and an assortment of other misc Pokemon such as Electrode, Muk and Seel along the way.

Headed back to Saffron and defeated the fighting dojo and picked Hitmonchan as my gift Pokemon and I’m now taking on Sabrina’s gym.

I’m still using the same team as yesterday but they are all now lvl 53 - 54

Drummerdude

I've been playing a lot since my last post. I decided to use Hitmonchan as my fourth team member to get a good fighting type as well as something Physical. I easily defeated the Celadon gym with Growlithe and moved through the story to get to Fuchsia City so I could access the Go Park. I transferred over some rarer Pokemon as well as some LGEevee exclusives but I also transferred my fifth team member, an Alolan Vulpix. With how quickly you get "Surf" I went to Cinnabar Island and revived Kabuto, my final team member. I've since defeated Koga and Sabrina and just arrived back on Cinnabar Island.

025.png
Lv52
045.png
Lv52
059.png
Lv51
107.png
Lv51
038-a.png
Lv52
141.png
Lv52

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
After a long fourteen hours and thirty-eight minutes, I've battled through SS. Anne and beaten Mina and Lt. Surge. Smirked when Blue arrived and said "Bonjour.", then gave Shalour Sable as gift. Reminded me of an NPC's quote at XY's Camphrier Town.

Just like Misty's Starmie, Lt. Surge was yet another hard task with Raichu landing Thunderbolt on my team. Thankfully, my Nidorina knows Toxic so, with Clefiary's affection to endure the last attack as well, his Raichu went down due to stall before I sent out Eevee as my last one standing.

Love the game so far, I find it challenging. I'm now on route to Rock Tunnel.

133.png
- Lv. 25
030.png
- Lv. 24
012.png
- Lv. 22
025.png
- Lv. 22
035.png
- Lv. 22
008.png
- Lv. 21

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Did a bunch of badge getting yesterday (who needs family on thanksgiving) and plan to do the Pokemon League today