• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Since my last post I cleared up Mt. Moon and the Team Rocket influence in the area, waiting very patiently for a Clefable to appear so I could work on the Pokedex a bit before I progressed. Normally I have middle-stage starters by this point but Bulbasaur only just evolved as I took on the fossil guy, whilst Charmander didn't evolve until I'd cleared Nugget Bridge! My team handled all the route trainers without major issue though so I didn't really struggle. Trace was defeated soundly before I made my way up Nugget Bridge and onto Route 24/25, where I began hunting for my seventh team member... a Squirtle!

Searching for Squirtle took ages, oh my god I had two catch combos ruined around the 6-7 mark by the Pokemon fleeing (both Meowth and Pidgey) but I managed to reach 11 combos with Psyduck in the end. My entire team hit level 17 by doing this meaning I had to be very careful not to surpass the assigned level cap (level 19) but thanks to a larger than usual line-up I was able to manage that. I saved Bill from staying a Nidorino permanently and made my way back to Cerulean City to take on Misty, who I suspected would be a challenge. She was not! Pikachu learnt Light Screen right before taking her on so I set that up against Psyduck and 2HKOed with Thundershock, before swapping to Ivysaur to whittle Starmie down with Leech Seed + Vine Whip for a clean sweep. Took a little while due to the Scald burn + Vine Whip being awful STAB now, but c'est la vie.

From there I reached Route 6 to capture my eighth team member, an Abra. Finding one was pretty difficult since they kept teleporting away but I got one! Training it will be... fun, with only Seismic Toss for damage. Thanks to my Squirtle hunt I'd caught the 5 Meowth necessary to get the free Arcanine, so I made them my ninth team member and rode on her majestically back to the route so I could clear the trainers. Then I saved.

Let's Go Eevee Team:
133-pa.png
Floofball the Eevee, Level 18
Headbutt, Bouncy Bubble, Sizzly Slide, Buzzy Buzz

030.png
Monarch the Nidorina, Level 18
Headbutt, Double Kick, Bite, Dig

025.png
Static the Pikachu, Level 18
Headbutt, Thunder Shock, Light Screen, Dig

002.png
Olive the Ivysaur, Level 19
Headbutt, Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

005.png
Charlie the Charmeleon, Level 19
Headbutt, Ember, Dig, Seismic Toss

074.png
Boulderbash the Geodude, Level 19
Headbutt, Rock Throw, Dig, Seismic Toss

007.png
Bubbles the Squirtle, Level 15
Headbutt, Scald, Dig, Seismic Toss

063.png
Noggin the Abra, Level 12
Teleport, Seismic Toss

059.png
Mythos the Arcanine, Level 16
Headbutt, Bite, Ember, Dig

Current roster:
133-pa.png
030.png
025.png
007.png
063.png
059.png

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Double posting time...

I've made quite a bit of progress and am now sat inside Pokemon Tower! Clearing the routes around Vermillion wasn't too tough but I quickly realised that without "grinding" (i.e. catching a bunch of Pokemon for experience) I was going to be under-levelled for Surge. As you can see below, I'm still a level behind his ace Raichu and that's after making it to Lavender Town! It has been... surprisingly fun! Not had too many major challenges outside of Mina's Mr. Mime and the coach trainer who gives you the TM for Brick Break (that Primeape is scary) but the advantage to having so many team members is the varied typings available to you. Hikers lose to half my team, Black Belts get wrecked by Kadabra, Bug Catchers lose to Charmeleon / Arcanine, Sailors lose to Ivysaur / Pikachu, etc.

Stand-out team members so far have been the Partner-Eevee which is absolutely busted in this game, Graveler thanks to resisting Normal and learning all the strong moves early on, Nidoqueen who has an actually diverse movepool and Wartortle, because Scald goes brrr. Arcanine has been a major disappointment so far thanks to Ember and just not having that much power? Pikachu and Ivysaur have also been a bit underwhelming but Ivysaur makes up for it by being the fourth most unkillable team member behind Eevee, Graveler and Nidoqueen. My newest team member, Machop, has been pretty solid so far as well - I'm wary of how frail it is but compared to other recent additions it's been actually usable, so that's nice.

Surge got demolished by Nidoqueen and Geodude - Charmeleon failed to KO Magnemite with Dig and got one-shot by Thunderbolt which was an *oof* moment but what can you do? Mina's Jigglypuff got Headbutt'd to death by Arcanine before Mr. Mime's Psywave ruined Wartortle and Kadabra combined, was an awkward time. Still! All good so far, very much enjoying the game.

Let's Go Eevee Team:
133-pa.png
Floofball the Eevee, Level 25
Headbutt, Bouncy Bubble, Sizzly Slide, Buzzy Buzz

031.png
Monarch the Nidoqueen, Level 24
Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Bite, Dig

025.png
Static the Pikachu, Level 24
Brick Break, Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Dig

002.png
Olive the Ivysaur, Level 25
Headbutt, Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

005.png
Charlie the Charmeleon, Level 25
Headbutt, Ember, Dig, Brick Break

075.png
Boulderbash the Graveler, Level 25
Brick Break, Rock Slide, Dig, Seismic Toss

008.png
Bubbles the Wartortle, Level 25
Headbutt, Scald, Dig, Seismic Toss

064.png
Noggin the Kadabra, Level 25
Teleport, Seismic Toss, Night Shade, Psybeam

059.png
Mythos the Arcanine, Level 24
Headbutt, Bite, Ember, Dig

066.png
Machismo the Machop, Level 22
Headbutt, Seismic Toss, Brick Break, Dig

Current roster:
133-pa.png
031.png
025.png
064.png
059.png
066.png

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Triple posting? In this economy? Nice to see the Let's Go games are as popular as ever...

I haven't touched the game in over a week now since I don't want to progress until I evolve my trade evolution team members (of which I gained another since my last post) so this update comes from the last time I played, which was... the 17th September? Quite a while to wait. EDIT: I have now evolved my team members! So now I can progress. Also grabbed myself the TM for Poison Jab in Celadon City so I finally have a good Poison type move? Nidoqueen and Grimer are eating well! Venusaur is not, and Gengar would like it but doesn't really need it.

Anyway, I'm currently stood outside Silph Co. having cleared the Celadon Gym, Rocket Hideout, Pokemon Tower and sneaking my way down routes 16-17-18 to reach Fuchsia City where several new team additions awaited me! Erika was a reasonable challenge thanks to her Vileplume almost 2HKOing my Fire types with Mega Drain, but a combination of Charmeleon + Kadabra + Arcanine pulled through for me! Giovanni was pretty easy if I recall correctly outside of his Persian KOing my Machoke, who failed to deal the finishing blow with Brick Break. I made my way through Pokemon Tower which is so much sadder than the other Kanto games' showings of this place, catching Phantom the Gastly whilst I was there. I trained them up against the Black Belts in the Fighting Dojo thanks to half of them having no moves to hit Ghost types which was neat.

Fuchsia City was my next stop before clearing the lower routes, Silph Co. and the next few gyms because GO Park was where I was going to nab some new team members. First was Snuggles the Snorlax who I caught en-route, followed by my actual new additions from Pokemon GO - Aurora the Alolan Vulpix, Goop the Alolan Grimer and Dumbbell the Melmetal! I also attained the power to surf which led me to Route 10 and Noodle the Dratini as well as Cinnabar Island where Pterror the Aerodactyl joined! Finally was the fun of farming Tauros on Route 15 to capture Ruffian the Pinsir, my second to last team member! Any guesses on who the last team member will be? I get them pretty soon. All that Tauros grinding let me get my team up to level 34 (level 35 in the case of Dratini) so we got some team members to evolve - Gastly, Dratini and Vulpix. Should say Pikachu, Ivysaur and Machop also all evolved around Celadon since that was new from the last post.

Let's Go Eevee Team:
133-pa.png
Floofball the Eevee, Level 34
Glitzy Glow, Bouncy Bubble, Sizzly Slide, Sparkly Swirl

031.png
Monarch the Nidoqueen, Level 34
Poison Jab, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Dig

026.png
Static the Raichu, Level 34
Brick Break, Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Dig

003.png
Olive the Venusaur, Level 34
Headbutt, Petal Dance, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

005.png
Charlie the Charmeleon, Level 34
Thunder Punch, Ember, Dragon Rage, Brick Break

076.png
Boulderbash the Golem, Level 34
Brick Break, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Seismic Toss

008.png
Bubbles the Wartortle, Level 34
Bite, Scald, Dig, Seismic Toss

065.png
Noggin the Alakazam, Level 34
Reflect, Seismic Toss, Shadow Ball, Psychic

059.png
Mythos the Arcanine, Level 34
Play Rough, Bite, Ember, Dig

068.png
Machismo the Machamp, Level 34
Poison Jab, Thunder Punch, Brick Break, Dig

094.png
Phantom the Gengar, Level 34
Psychic, Thunderbolt, Mega Drain, Shadow Ball

143.png
Snuggles the Snorlax, Level 34
Headbutt, Yawn, Brick Break, Thunder Punch

038-a.png
Aurora the Ninetales-Alola, Level 34
Ice Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Ice Shard, Dark Pulse

088-a.png
Goop the Grimer-Alola, Level 34
Bite, Poison Jab, Thunder Punch, Dig

809.png
Dumbbell the Melmetal, Level 34
Headbutt, Thunder Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Wave

148.png
Noodle the Dragonair, Level 35
Waterfall, Thunderbolt, Dragon Tail, Dragon Rage

127.png
Ruffian the Pinsir, Level 34
X Scissor, Swords Dance, Brick Break, Dig

142.png
Pterror the Aerodactyl, Level 44
Rock Throw, Fly, Crunch, Rock Slide

Current roster:
088-a.png
076.png
127.png
809.png
038-a.png
059.png

Pokedex: 100 / 153
Time Played: 17:31

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Quadruple posting? Poggers. Hardly surprising since Scarlet/Violet are out, who on earth would be playing Let's Go? Apparently, me! Trying to speed my way to the end before the 18th so I can play Scarlet on release day, going surprisingly well so far.

Since my last post... over a month ago... I've cleared Silph Co., all the available routes around Fuchsia City (Routes 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18), taken on both Koga and Sabrina, surfed around Routes 19, 20 and 21, caught some stuff in the Seafoam Islands and fought Blaine. Takes a while when you're rotating your team around! My 19th and final team member was obtained in Silph Co. - a Lapras I named Melody. Never used one before and I am keen to give it a go, plus you can Surf on it in the overworld! Whilst clearing Silph Co. Charmeleon and Wartortle both evolved, and Grimer evolved on one of the routes before I took on Koga.

The team as you can see is rather under-levelled, and the low levels really do impact some Pokemon - Nidoqueen, Alakazam and Ninetales feel much weaker than they maybe should, whilst Golem and Pinsir are struggling with speed and bulk issues a bit. Was particularly noticeable in the Saffron Gym going up against Jynx and Kadabra, they'd out-speed and hit really hard? The only other major challenges have been against opposing Muk, because Toxic + Protect + Minimize strategies are disgusting and I hope whoever implemented them is having a miserable life (seriously it's a nightmare, and so slow!) That being said the Gym Leaders weren't too tough - Koga went down to a combination of Gengar, Alakazam, Golem and Melmetal - everyone got a KO except Golem who was hit way too hard by Venomoth and needed Gengar to score a second win. Sabrina went down to Gengar (again), Snorlax, Muk and Pinsir where a lucky Sp.Def drop meant Gengar 2HKOed Mr. Mime through Light Screen and prevented it from getting annihilated by Psychic. Blaine was wrecked by Aerodactyl, Blastoise, Dragonair and Nidoqueen - Dragonair has been reasonable so far, hasn't felt as weak as I expected it to.

Now I have a week to beat Giovanni, Trace, clear Victory Road, grind everyone to level 55, beat the Elite 4 & Champion, complete the Pokedex, complete all the rematches, take on the 19 Master Trainers for my team (might skip this one) and fight Red + Green. Doable? I reckon so.

Let's Go Eevee Team:
133-pa.png
Floofball the Eevee, Level 41
Glitzy Glow, Sparkly Swirl, Bouncy Bubble, Sizzly Slide

031.png
Monarch the Nidoqueen, Level 41
Dig, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Poison Jab

026.png
Static the Raichu, Level 41
Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Dig, Light Screen

003.png
Olive the Venusaur, Level 41
Sludge Bomb, Petal Dance, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

006.png
Charlie the Charizard, Level 41
Flamethrower, Thunder Punch, Dragon Pulse, Fly

076.png
Boulderbash the Golem, Level 41
Earthquake, Brick Break, Fire Punch, Rock Slide

009.png
Bubbles the Blastoise, Level 41
Surf, Ice Punch, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse

065.png
Noggin the Alakazam, Level 41
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Reflect, Seismic Toss

059.png
Mythos the Arcanine, Level 41
Flamethrower, Play Rough, Dragon Pulse, Dig

068.png
Machismo the Machamp, Level 41
Poison Jab, Dig, Thunder Punch, Brick Break

094.png
Phantom the Gengar, Level 41

143.png
Snuggles the Snorlax, Level 42
Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Headbutt, Brick Break

038-a.png
Aurora the Alolan Ninetales, Level 41
Dazzling Gleam, Ice Shard, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam

089-a.png
Goop the Alolan Muk, Level 41
Crunch, Poison Jab, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch

809.png
Dumbbell the Melmetal, Level 41
Brick Break, Rock Slide, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

148.png
Noodle the Dragonair, Level 41
Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse

127.png
Ruffian the Pinsir, Level 41
Brick Break, X Scissor, Dig, Swords Dance

142.png
Pterror the Aerodactyl, Level 46
Rock Throw, Fly, Crunch, Rock Slide

131.png
Melody the Lapras, Level 41
Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic, Surf

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
5 posts in a row, let's go! Only one more post left to do and I'll be finished!

Well since my last post I beat Giovanni and Trace, grinded my team to level 50 to take on Victory Road because of how annoying being under-levelled for those aforementioned fights was, took on Victory Road, grinded AGAIN to level 55 and then took on and defeated the Pokemon League! Worst part of all of it was the grinding honestly, no consistent Chansey encounters before the post-game sucks so I had to capture a ton of Nidorina on Route 23 to claw my way to 50, then a ton more Machoke to make it to level 55. Found a shiny Fearow whilst doing it though, so that was neat? And my Dragonair evolved into Dragonite at the end, so my team is complete!

Giovanni fell to a combination of Mega Blastoise, Alolan Ninetales, Machamp and Lapras - I can't remember exactly how it went but I think Machamp and Lapras only weakened their opponents so Ninetales and Blastoise had to claim an additional win each. Trace was even more of a pain thanks to his evolved team - Aerodactyl crushed Pidgeot, Ninetales froze Vileplume to death (no actual freezes though), Lapras drowned Marowak and Eevee whittled down Raichu for the victory? But again, barely managed it and was convinced to get to level 50 before the slog that is Victory Road.

Then I took on the Elite 4 and Champion...

059.png
068.png
089-a.png
127.png
143.png
Vs. Lorelei:
Pinsir 2HKOed Dewgong with Rock Slide, taking no damage due to a lucky flinch. Then Alolan Muk 2HKOed Slowbro with Crunch, tanking a Surf in the process before Arcanine 2HKOed Jynx with Flamethrower - Psychic almost two-shot but luckily we outsped for the win. Snorlax spammed Thunder Punch against Cloyster (whose Hydro Pump and Ice Beam either missed or did very little damage in return) whilst Machamp won the match by 0HKOing her ace Lapras with Superpower!

006-my.png
038-a.png
065.png
094.png
149.png
Vs. Bruno:
Alolan Ninetales 0HKOed Onix with Ice Beam, because Onix sucks and should not be on the team of an Elite 4 member. I decided to Mega Evolve Charizard into its Y form to annihilate Hitmonlee with Fly, then sent out Dragonite in its debut battle to do the same versus Machamp. Was surprised it also 0HKOed, guess Dragonite is that strong? Alakazam smacked Hitmonchan around with Psychic... which it lived?! Disappointing, Alakazam was 3 levels higher! Gengar then spammed Thunderbolt versus Poliwrath to win the second match.

031.png
065.png
089-a.png
142.png
143.png
Vs. Agatha:
Brought my own Poison-type in Nidoqueen versus Arbok, who two-shot it with Earthquake and Surf (it lived on basically 1HP). Alolan Muk came out versus the first (weaker) Gengar and got burned by Will-o-Wisp, but 2HKOed with Crunch anyway. Alakazam returned to take on Weezing and got some redemption by one-shotting it with Psychic, so I moved onto sending out Aerodactyl against Golbat and watched Rock Slide go brrr (with the flinch as well). Snorlax came out versus her ace Gengar to KO with Earthquake, easy.

003-m.png
009.png
038-a.png
131.png
809.png
Vs. Lance:
Venusaur was sent out first and Mega Evolved... to KO Seadra with Petal Dance. A most difficult battle I'm sure we can all agree! Melmetal vs. Aerodactyl was next - the fossil did about a third with Earthquake whilst Thunder Punch claimed the win. Alolan Ninetales was switched in to fight Dragonite and Ice Beam did not 0HKO! So I used it twice, but it was a bit disappointing. Lapras showed Gyarados how much better of a ride Pokemon it is by zapping it with Thunderbolt a couple of times, before Blastoise flexed on the anime by winning versus a Charizard. Simple stuff!

009-m.png
059.png
127.png
131.png
133-pa.png
142.png
Vs. Champion Trace:
Battle of the birds kicked off the match - Aerodactyl vs. Mega Pidgeot! Rock Slide smashed it without issue. Trace went straight for Raichu so out came Eevee for a starter duel, where Eevee tanked two Thunders and KOed with Veevee Volley + Bouncy Bubble. Arcanine went out versus Vileplume and roasted it with Flamethrower, except it switched into Slowbro? It got burnt for doing that though so I swapped in Pinsir whilst it set up a Light Screen. Slowbro took nothing from X Scissor thanks to Vileplume's Reflect, but then Trace swapped it out AGAIN for Rapidash! So in came Blastoise on a Flare Blitz. I Mega Evolved (see how every starter got to Mega Evolve?) and blasted Rapidash with Surf, but it lived and switched in Vileplume... who did not survive the Surf. Pinsir came back out versus Slowbro and finally clinched the win, and Arcanine beat Rapidash with Superpower + Dragon Pulse. Lapras came in and beat Marowak with Ice Beam, and with that I became the Champion!

Now that's all done, all that I have left to do is the following:
  1. Complete the Pokedex (currently sat at 135/153)
  2. Beat all the Team Rocket, Gym Leader, Elite 4 & Champion rematches
  3. Defeat Green and Red
  4. Beat the Master Trainers for all 19 team members
Due to some IRL stuff I won't start Scarlet / Violet until the 28th at the earliest, so I have until the 23rd to do all of the above? Which is easily doable! Might have to do some grinding before the end but that's fine now I can access Cerulean Cave for Chansey chains. I'll save my team thoughts until that final post since I'm not 100% certain how I feel about every team member just yet! I didn't even use Golem or Raichu against the Pokemon League...

Let's Go Eevee Team:
133-pa.png
Floofball the Eevee, Level 55

031.png
Monarch the Nidoqueen, Level 55
Earthquake, Surf, Thunderbolt, Poison Jab

026.png
Static the Raichu, Level 55

003.png
Olive the Venusaur, Level 55
Sludge Bomb, Petal Dance, Earthquake, Sleep Powder

006.png
Charlie the Charizard, Level 55
Flamethrower, Thunder Punch, Outrage, Fly

076.png
Boulderbash the Golem, Level 55

009.png
Bubbles the Blastoise, Level 56
Surf, Ice Punch, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse

065.png
Noggin the Alakazam, Level 55

059.png
Mythos the Arcanine, Level 56
Flamethrower, Play Rough, Dragon Pulse, Superpower

068.png
Machismo the Machamp, Level 55
Ice Punch, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Superpower

094.png
Phantom the Gengar, Level 56

143.png
Snuggles the Snorlax, Level 55
Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Body Slam, Earthquake

038-a.png
Aurora the Alolan Ninetales, Level 56

089-a.png
Goop the Alolan Muk, Level 55
Crunch, Poison Jab, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch

809.png
Dumbbell the Melmetal, Level 55
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

149.png
Noodle the Dragonite, Level 55
Surf, Thunderbolt, Fly, Outrage

127.png
Ruffian the Pinsir, Level 55
Superpower, X Scissor, Earthquake, Rock Slide

142.png
Pterror the Aerodactyl, Level 55
Earthquake, Fly, Crunch, Rock Slide

131.png
Melody the Lapras, Level 55

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
This is it, the final post! I have officially beaten as much of Let's Go Eevee as I can stomach - my Pokedex is complete thanks to a handy Poke Ball Plus I have owned but never used, and I've rematched everyone available to me. The only things I haven't done are beat Red or take on the Master Trainers, because to do the former you need to do the latter and my team kept getting crushed by their opponents. I could grind for candies and do it but honestly I don't want to? I looked at my available strategies and half of them involve Toxic + Protect, which is not how I want to clear the game. Sure you can level up to 100 and win with some candy boosts but I've grinded plenty in this game, it's time to move on.

Here's how the remaining match-ups since my last post looked - I forgot you could fight Morimoto and because of that each team member got 9 major boss battles each which was nice? My Red line-up would theoretically be at 8 now I'm forgoing that battle but I rematched the Gym Leaders twice to earn cash to pay for Mega Stones with random teams so everyone got roughly equal treatment. I'll put it in spoilers because there's a lot of battles!

End-game battles:
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Morimoto
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Archer
142.png
142.png
vs. Jessie & James
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Green

Gym Leader rematches:
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Brock (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Misty (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Surge (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Erika (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Koga (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Sabrina (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Blaine (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Blue

Elite 4 & Champion rematches:
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Lorelei (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Bruno (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Agatha (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Lance (Round 2)
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
142.png
vs. Champion Trace (Round 2)

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee Team:
133-pa.png
Floofball the Eevee, Level 77

031.png
Monarch the Nidoqueen, Level 76
Earthquake, Surf, Thunderbolt, Poison Jab

026.png
Static the Raichu, Level 77

003.png
Olive the Venusaur, Level 77
Sludge Bomb, Petal Dance, Earthquake, Sleep Powder

006.png
Charlie the Charizard, Level 77
Flamethrower, Thunder Punch, Outrage, Fly

076.png
Boulderbash the Golem, Level 76

009.png
Bubbles the Blastoise, Level 77
Surf, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse

065.png
Noggin the Alakazam, Level 77

059.png
Mythos the Arcanine, Level 77
Flamethrower, Play Rough, Dragon Pulse, Superpower

068.png
Machismo the Machamp, Level 77
Ice Punch, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Superpower

094.png
Phantom the Gengar, Level 77

143.png
Snuggles the Snorlax, Level 77
Ice Punch, Crunch, Body Slam, Earthquake

038-a.png
Aurora the Alolan Ninetales, Level 77

089-a.png
Goop the Alolan Muk, Level 77
Crunch, Poison Jab, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch

809.png
Dumbbell the Melmetal, Level 77
Earthquake, Double Iron Bash, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

149.png
Noodle the Dragonite, Level 76
Surf, Thunderbolt, Fly, Outrage

127.png
Ruffian the Pinsir, Level 76
Superpower, X Scissor, Earthquake, Rock Slide

142.png
Pterror the Aerodactyl, Level 77
Earthquake, Fly, Crunch, Rock Slide

131.png
Melody the Lapras, Level 77

This was such a cool team to use, with almost all of my favourite Kantonian Pokemon on one singular squad mixed in with some options I'd never consider using previously. Using all 3 starters that I went out and caught was a fantastic experience, and all 3 did pretty well! I think Blastoise may have been the best overall but once Charizard fully evolved it was a menace, whilst Venusaur was running Normal + Grass coverage until the end-game which was... unfortunate. Eevee was as busted as I expected, never super strong but it failed to be KOed and the Partner moves offered great utility compared to Partner-Pikachu who was more offensively-focused (if I remember right).

Golem was a surprisingly solid choice! Hated special moves (will never forget it being KOed by Koga's Venomoth) but Rock/Ground was such a great typing across the board. Aerodactyl was amazing thanks to its Speed and spammable Rock Slide (don't think I ever really used Crunch), Lapras was pretty reliable from the moment I got it, Raichu was great at spamming Thunderbolt and never changing its moveset by the time it got to Vermillion City, Alolan Muk was a menace once it evolved, Machamp and Nidoqueen were consistent across the board... everyone else was fine but not outstanding? A particular shame for Alakazam and Gengar, whose last outing in Kanto with me (Pokemon Red) they were my MVPs. Think Eevee was my MVP in this game, if I have one at all - rotating team members kind-of takes away from that, nobody felt present enough to really establish one. Still! Fun times.

Total Play Time: 41hrs 47mins

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I've been playing Let's Go Eevee for a while and every time i use the Bouncy Bubble move it sounds like a part of one of the jumps from Super Mario 64. Did they do this on purpose?
So far i've finished the lavender Town story with the Silph Scope but i should have finished the catch 60 pokemons a lot sooner. Charmander and Squirtle are severely underleveled. (I caught a Bulbasaur early in the wild before i checked the catch requirements) I'm planning on upgrading my team it with a imported pokemon's after i reach Fuchsia City and the park.
-
My team is
Venusaur lvl 33
Eevee lvl 36
Ninetales lvl 27
Charmeleon lvl 18
Wartortle lvl 18
Rhyhorn lvl 24 (for riding transport only)

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Update: Snorlax that was resting West from Celadon city was a real pain with it spamming yawn against my Hitmonchan and using rest over and over on it self and the limited timer is annoying.

Barrysun

decided to play the game for a while. went to transfer some pokemon from Go including shiny Articuno (2nd account plus I don't think I'll use it in battle much so it might see more use in let's go Pikach/Eevee) and captured some more to make room for future transfers. tried to combo chain Medipod but broken due to the last one ran away. doing some gym rematches

Baggie_Saiyan

Finally decided to pick these up since I got an OLED last year and really enjoying it, a unique twist on Gen 1 remember at the time thinking no wild battles was dumb but that would just make it a generic gen 1 experience.

Just made it past Virdian Forest

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I can't believe my Let's Go Eevee playthrough was in 2022... and you can still see the posts on this page! Makes you wonder why people want a Let's Go Johto honestly since these games clearly aren't THAT popular? I guess it's because of the art style and nostalgia, which I totally understand. These games look good, much nicer than anything else we've had on the Switch in my opinion. It just seems brighter and more colourful to me.

Anywho, anyone who has seen my Sword playthrough in that recent happenings thread will know I recently cleared the Pokedex and only really have the DLCs left to do before that game can be considered complete. However, I'm not feeling up to the challenge at the minute - the DLCs just feel like they'll be a bit of a slog and after grinding a bit to finish the Pokedex I'd like a break. I was contemplating playing USUM as I've never beaten a game set in Alola but I really wanted to play Let's Go Pikachu, so I said screw it and here we are! Where is "here"? Mt. Moon - outside the entrance at any rate. I started the game, picked up my Partner-Pikachu (who I named Sparky because I am very original) and went to town on capturing bits from Route 1. I actually caught 2 of everything as once I returned Oak's Parcel and beat up my rival for the first time (I'm just realising now I forgot to fight him on Route 22, oops) I could do trades online!

I traded away my spare Rattata, Oddish and Pidgey for 3 new team members - Leviathan the Magikarp, Guardian the Growlithe and Big Boi the Snorlax. Only Magikarp has joined the team so far, as Growlithe is level 21 and Snorlax is level 34. I can capture all 3 in Let's Go Pikachu but I cannot stand the Slow Experience group that those 3 Pokemon are stuck with. They just drain experience away from other team members and it means I overuse them to keep them at the same or similar levels as the rest of my team. I did this in Sword with Dreepy and Hatenna and it worked out really well, so I'm applying it here too! Not that it makes much difference as Magikarp can do nothing until level 15, but I digress. Growlithe and Snorlax will join the team either when my other team members reach their level, or when I reach a point in the game where I could capture them anyway.

I caught everything I could on Route 2 and Viridian Forest, including my third team member - Sprout the Bulbasaur! Always end up with a Bulbasaur on my Kanto teams, it's my favourite starter of the trio and it's super helpful early on against Brock. Speaking of Brock, he was not a challenge in the slightest - Bulbasaur only reached level 8 before the battle but it still 2HKOed Geodude, and Pikachu came in to two-shot Onix with Double Kick for an easy win. I then moved on to Routes 3 and 4, captured everything I could (including Charmander) and then saved before the trek that is Mt. Moon!

Let's Go Pikachu Team:
Normal.png
Sparky the Pikachu, Level 15
Thunder Shock, Double Kick, Headbutt, Pay Day

Normal.png
Leviathan the Magikarp, Level 12
Splash

Normal.png
Sprout the Bulbasaur, Level 13
Tackle, Headbutt, Vine Whip, Leech Seed

vondecayle

I’ve been playing Let’s Go Pikachu recently and despite the criticism this game has received I’ve been enjoying it a lot so far. It reminded me of the things I enjoy about the Kanto region. The catching mechanic is not as bad as people online make it out to be and I’m glad that pokemon are running around in the overworld because they are easier to avoid. The game artstyle is beautiful and it is one of the best pokemon looking games in the switch. The battlefield stages are some of the best I’ve seen in pokemon, specially the gyms (such as Sabrina’s stage with city aesthetic). Some characters truly received a nice update, such as the pokemon fanatic Bill. The different trainer classes also look very nice in their updated versions. I just passed the part where the player storms Team Rockets hideout in the game corner, I love to be able to use that Team Rocket outfit they gave me. Team Rocket’s hideout looks great as well. My only gripe is not being able to transfer pokemon from other games other than GO.

If anyone is still playing I’m looking to trade Hunter, Kadabra & Graveler for evolution purposes. I’m also looking for Vulpix & Meowth.

Last edited: