• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Live Action (With Guns?)

ray243

It certainly has drama potential, but that seems somewhat in stark contrast to what the entire franchise is about, happy-go-lucky adventurous teenagers who wander without parental supervision throughout the entire world and make friends with powerful creatures and discover the power within friendship and all that.

Didn't the creators of that trailer mentioned that they protrayed the world of pokemon as dark and edgy as a parody to what Hollywood is doing to many franchise?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
http://shogungamer.com/news/live-action-pokemon-movie-full-hd-trailer-and-interview-its-creators

Last week we posted leaked footage of a supposed live live action, dark, gritty Pokemon movie. After a week of sleuthing, we finally managed to get the full story of the project. We are able to confirm there is not a Hollywood budgeted production of Pokemon happening.

KIAL NATALE: The "leak" was indeed entirely staged by a friend of mine. No crowd, no screening. Just a timecode burn-in and cellphone footage. In retrospect, I would have chosen a clip that gave a clearer impression of the overall trailer. It would have answered a lot of questions about why are the characters older, why it's dark etc. but I also did enjoy the sense of mystery that the last 30 seconds created. Props to the people who scrutinized the video so closely to determine its validity!

There's also the full length HD trailer on the page for you to watch in all it's fan-made glory.

Dark Eevee

Didn't the creators of that trailer mentioned that they protrayed the world of pokemon as dark and edgy as a parody to what Hollywood is doing to many franchise?

That is what they said alright. Though I think they said "dark and gritty".

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
This is fake, the reasons why, have been stated already, the legend of zelda movie trailer was better than this

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
This is fake, the reasons why, have been stated already

So do any of you asshats actually read threads you post in? We know it is fake, it's been confirmed by the creators for over a week, with several links in this thread to to go with it. Go be Captain Obvious elsewhere.

Pikawho?

(five15)
http://shogungamer.com/news/live-action-pokemon-movie-full-hd-trailer-and-interview-its-creators
There's also the full length HD trailer on the page for you to watch in all it's fan-made glory.

Dang....You took the glory of posting the full version. *shakes fist*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg&feature=player_embedded

^There's the full version from youtube although the link RL posted has the vid in it. =/

Anywho, even if it wasn't announced that it was fake, I would've naturally assumed it was fake. If it were legit, it would've had better graphics for the pokemon, since we've got the technology for this. Another reason is the very nature of the trailer. The whole thing seems dark. If they were making a live-action film it would be all light and fluffy, cause pokemon is targetted towards kids these days. The fact that we see pokemon beating each other to a bloody pulp should be a sign that this was put together for older fans to laugh at.

While I wouldn't be surprised if pokemon tried to take a live-action approach, this trailer, although well put together for a group of fans, just wouldn't appeal to me as real.

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
After the Dragonball movie, I'd go for 'The terrible CGI creatures'.

Nice work for a fan movie though.

And guys, there's guns in the Pokemon Anime. They were just cut from the US version, and not included again because of the international upset.

I only recall the episode where Ash catches lots of Tauros and the episode with Growlithe and the mansion?

Taichi

Okay guys, there's guns in Pokemon, great. Guns in Nintendo, great.
You guys just seem to forget the fact that the girl in the trailer had one to her head!! Nintendo and suicide? I don't think so.

Dark Eevee

Okay guys, there's guns in Pokemon, great. Guns in Nintendo, great.
You guys just seem to forget the fact that the girl in the trailer had one to her head!! Nintendo and suicide? I don't think so.

Nintendo guns FTW. Mewtwo using Psychic powers to make the girl kill herself... And why do you think Nintendo would be sooooooo against it?
If they authorised a movie like this I don't think they would care.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
So do any of you asshats actually read threads you post in? We know it is fake, it's been confirmed by the creators for over a week, with several links in this thread to to go with it. Go be Captain Obvious elsewhere.

I didn't realized you cared so much about me and posting the obvious, but again thanks for letting me know your worthless opinion, though your retarded response will teach me nothing as I'm fully aware of what I do, at least I know you can tell what's obvious and what isn't though I didn't really care about you or what you thought was obvious & what isn't, again thanks for letting me know something so useless. Maybe next time you'll tell me something that matters, but I'd probably be asking too much from your worthless self.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Nintendo guns FTW. Mewtwo using Psychic powers to make the girl kill herself... And why do you think Nintendo would be sooooooo against it?
If they authorised a movie like this I don't think they would care.

Then you really haven't thought about it any. There's no chance they'd allow that, specifically, among other things, in a licensed product. No chance.

rage rage rage how dare you speak to me like that etc

Not like he's wrong. It is kind of unnecessary to keep posting "this is fake" when, yes, we know it's fake.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Not like he's wrong. It is kind of unnecessary to keep posting "this is fake" when, yes, we know it's fake.
Wrong or not if you see something you don't like and won't reply anything useful you best not say anything at all. I know what I said isn't all that important, but telling me so won't make you look any better.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.

SuperMaster Z

Old Skool
I have to say the trailer reminded me a lot of the crazy stuff that had gone on in the Pokemon Special series. I like it when fans make mock-ups\parodies like this, it really gets people talking. If they ever do make a real movie franchise I think they could get away with an original story with new characters. I think this way they can still stick to the spirit of pokemon( gym leaders, evil organization, and e4/tourney) without having to stick to a pacific guideline.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Wrong or not if you see something you don't like and won't reply anything useful you best not say anything at all. I know what I said isn't all that important, but telling me so won't make you look any better.

Point is you posted IT'S FAKE which had been stated, and confirmed several times over. You are literally adding absolutely nothing of value to the discussion. Less than those who keep asking if it's real or discussing it as though it were.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Point is you posted IT'S FAKE which had been stated, and confirmed several times over. You are literally adding absolutely nothing of value to the discussion. Less than those who keep asking if it's real or discussing it as though it were.

So what, I'm fully aware that it's been said over & over and I still chose to say it again, you telling me what's obvious does not put anything any more valuable here nor will it teach me anything new except that you can't stand but to call on posts you don't like and not add anything useful to it. You are wasting your mouth trying to point out a flaw that will not improve anything anywhere for anyone nor will it prevent others from posting "obvious" comments in the future.
Again thanks for caring so much that you feel the burning need to tell me what I said is obvious, next time I ask for some one's useless opinion on my obvious comments I'll look for you.

Last edited: