1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon living in your Area

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by C.y.a.n, Aug 7, 2013.

1. ysmr97

ysmr97 Well-Known Member

I think a Water Gym would be closest, as Long Island is surrounded by water. And a Grass Gym won't be too far off, as the Vineyards out East serve a great location.

2. Terry. T.

Terry. T. One and Only...

I live in a tip called Preston in the UK, up north where it's rainy but near the countryside and farm. You'd expect Ponytas, Pidoves and so on and so forth. On the estate you'd see Glameows and Poocheynas along with lots of chavvymons. Perhaps some Machops as golf caddy boys and who help out at Preston North End's football training area down the canal at Springfields.

3. ECM

ECM Well-Known Member

I live in a beach town in Florida. But there's swamps too, so it'd be an interesting mix of Pokémon. I'd say Sandile, Totodile, lots of Wingull, Psyduck, along with many fish Pokémon, like Goldeen, Remoraid, Tentacool, Magikarp, Feebas, Basculin, Sharpedo, etc. There are also a lot of snakes where I live, so Ekans and Seviper, definitely. And since Florida is the lightning capital of the United States, there will probably be quite a few electric types too, like Pikachu and Electabuzz. Due to all the lightning, if there were legendaries here, I think it would most likely be Raikou or Zapdos. If there were a gym, it would almost certainly be water type. Pokémon owned by people would most likely be anything based on a dog or a cat, like Growlithe and Skitty. Although my friends aunt owns a barn with hens and horses, so she would have Rapidash and Combusken. As far as myself, a few years back, there was a huge gator in my backyard. That thing would have been my Feraligatr, because I would not have missed the opportunity to catch that thing if it were a Pokémon. So I would like to think that I'd have Feraligatr, Eevee (my chihuahua), Arbok, and Torterra. I failed to mention that there are lots of turtles where I live as well, hence the Torterra.

4. Feeshy

Feeshy muse of snark

I live in California. There's a nature preserve nearby, so some coyote-like Pokemon. Lots of Buneary and some bugs, as well as birds. Some Stunky and Skuntank, maybe, as well as Pokemon resembling raccoons. Glameow, Skitty, and Purrloin that are owned by the neighbors as well as Growlithe and Lilipup. Many water Pokemon live in the ocean, which is close and definitely within driving distance. Tons of Seel and Dewgong. A ton of Wingull and Pelliper fly around all over the place. Braviary fly around the area of my neighborhood. People ride their Ponyta and Rapidash on the nearby nature trail. Deerling and Sawsbuck, along with Stantler, would also inhabit the nature preserve. Our legendaries would be maybe Lugia in the sea, and Suicune running around on the land. Our starters would be Treeko, Oshawott, and Charmander. For the nearest gym, a water-type one.

5. ven?

ven? Kanto Region Champ

since I live in Canada, I'd say that johto.... maybe kanto (gotta have favs man, gotta have favs) is this region that best depicts it in both pokemon and area, the people of BC would definitely have totem poles of lugia and ho-oh, that and the 3 legendary dogs, just going all over the place, lots of room for them to run here.

6. blue8arman

blue8arman Castform Fanatic

I am living in the country of Philippines. My country is tropical so it's the best way to compare it to Hoenn. Kyogre will surely around the country bringing rains on rainy seasons starting June and Groudon on summer season during April and May.

7. greatguy

greatguy Back.

I live in the driest grassland in the U.S, so I'm guessing several desert-things like Trapinch and Sandshrew. I also have a Great Dane, so I guess she'd be a Houndoom or Arcanine. Hmm. We also have a wild-ish Glameow that roams the neighborhood.

8. Kiruria

Kiruria La Melancolie Noir

Well, the city I currently live in (Reno, Nevada) is in a desertlike climate near the mountains. There aren't really any cacti present, so no Cacnea or Maractus, but in the winter there is an abundance of Snover and Abomasnow nearby. Castform seem to float high above, with it pretty much being either sunny, rainy, or snowing on a given day of the year, pretty much whenever the weather feels like it.

But the most prominent feature of the city is its Game Corner. Several Game Corners actually, some with a whimsical theme like that of the ocean or a circus. Each Game Corner features several slot machines and card tables, and gives out Pokemon and TM's as prizes. However, all the Pokemon come from outside the region. Once upon a time, the Game Corners were all secretly run by criminal organizations, but now they have been turned over to the government and the Pokemon adopted from local zoos rather than taken from trainers.

One Game Corner in particular doubles as a Pokemon gym, featuring the gym leader Harrah. She has a Togepi and a Chansey, both of which spam Metronome in the gym battle. She also gives you a TM for this move after earning the Luck Badge from her.

Also, wild Lopunnies have been known to wander around downtown a lot, in addition to the occasional Scraggy. Far off to the desert in the east, a tribe of wild Darumaka congregate. The city also has a school featuring Mightyena as its mascot, although no wild Mightyena (or even Poochyena) live in the region (except maybe a few in the mountains).

There's also a really big lake not too far away. Really big and really cold. I can imagine Uxie visiting there a lot (since it gets a lot of snow in the winter, just like Lake Acuity), and also some Buizels, Psyducks, and other non-ocean-dwelling water Pokemon.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. Dodrio Can't Flap

Dodrio Can't Flap Crackers & Snacks

Coming up with one of these for Birmingham, AL could prove to be a challenge... I guess I'll try my best though.

I know for a fact that there are freaking droves of stray Houndours/Houndooms prowling the streets nightly, along with many Meowths and Purrloins. There's also a lot of Pidoves, Pidgeys, Starlys and Taillows flying around constantly. My backyard's full of Beedrills during the summer, which is terrifying.

I live in a suburb just outside of Bham though, so downtown, there'd still be a lot of cat and bird (Pidove especially) Pokemon, but I'm not sure if many of you know this but there's like a bajillion hospitals downtown. Like, a huge medical school is down there. So I'd expect to see loads of Happinys, Chanseys and Blissey there. Just hanging around UAB helping with the medical studies and what not.

As for legendaries... uhhh... I guess Mewtwo maybe? Since it's a medical school and they could be researching cloning there? I dunno. It's something at least.

10. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

What would be the legends best for the 'region' I lived in?

The legendary dogs, Suicune, Entei and Raikou, and the legendary birds, Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos.

What starter pokemon would there be?

Probably Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur.

What are the regional bird and bug pokemon?

Pidgeys and Spearows would do pretty well. As for bugs, both Caterpies and Weedles would do good too.

Is it a place which has pokemon contests or musicals or pokelthon are being participated in?

Not really, sadly :(.

What be the Gym Type in my nearest city and where would the Pokemon League be?

Probably Ground type. It would be in a big city. Live somewhere in the Midwest, so the environment would be pretty temperate. Colder in the Winter, warm and cool in the spring, warm to hot in the summer and warm to cool in the fall. A good balance for the most part.

11. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Probably common pokemon like Pidgeys and Rattatas in Route one xD nya~

12. MetalSonic

MetalSonic Orderan' Defendan'

a buncha stupid Wingull

they'd probably all drop during thunderstorms

13. I live in Louisiana, so i'm guessing the pokemon in my region would be grassland based / marsh based. Basically, Sinnoh's safari zone sounds about right.

14. Quantum1024

Quantum1024 Flaming Death

I live in one of the smallest countries in the world (Singapore), surrounded by water, less than 50km at its widest. Tropical island paradise.

What starters?
    - Torchic (parallels the very small chicken farms there)
    - Totodile (parallels sightings of crocodiles in the nature reserves)
    - Treecko (parallels lizards there)

Regional bird and bug Pokemon?
    - Birds: Pidove (roosts in urban areas and signallers' camps), Spearow, occasionally Taillow (forests).
    - Bugs: Yanma. Butterfree may be seen migrating.

Place with Pokemon Contests/Musicals/Pokeathlon?
    - Contests: No
    - Musicals: Yes
    - Pokeathlon: Yes

Gym Type in nearest city?
    - Nearest city: Singapore (Seriously. Singapore is a city-state with half the population of Castelia New York City.)
    It will also be the location of the League.
    - Gym type: Various

Legendaries?
    - Thundurus. Singapore is one of the most lightning-dense areas in the world.
    - Kyogre. It also gets monsoon rains during the start of the year.

What else?
    - Cat Pokemon. Singapore's national (non-fictional) animal is the Singapura-pura (seriously. It is also known as the Kucinta.).
    - Rattata may be sighted, but only at night and near trash dumps.
    - Arbok. Singapore has a small population of spitting cobras.
    - Pokemon that live in the sea, e.g. Finneon, Krabby/Kingler (natural habitat), Horsea, Staryu, Clamperl.
    - Litleo may be seen attempting to cross the Causeway from Malaysia.
    - No Ice-type Pokemon at all.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  15. applemania

applemania Well-Known Member

Upstate New York- Nearest Gym: Woodstock- Fairy Type, Northeast League

Starters: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle

Native Pokemon: Butterfree, Sandshrew, Zubat, Diglett, Eevee, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Marill, Hoppip, Murkrow, Pineco, Zigzagoon, Beautifly, Taillow, Ralts, Nincada, Barboach, Bidoof, Kricketot, Pachirisu, Riolu, Drilbur, Tympole, Cottonee, Basculin, Deerling, Joltik, Mienfoo, Rufflet, Skiddo, Vivillon, Flabebe, Bunnelby

16. Lass Brooke

Lass Brooke Peaceful Trainer

Ooh! I like this. xD

Um.. well, I live in Florida, in an area covered by semitropical forested marshland adjacent to a beach. So, there would likely be many grass, water, poison, and bug pokemon living in this immediate area.
    I would imagine that, specifically, pokemon like Totodile, Treecko, Snivy, Tropius, Lotad, Yanma, Surskit, Paras, Corphish, Barboach, Mudkip, Quagsire, and lots of frog pokemon would live in the marshy forests, and at the beach one would probably find Wingull, all sorts of fish pokemon, Sharpedo, Dwebble, Crabby, Staryu, Corsola, Tirtouga, etc. :D

Starters: Treecko, Totodile and... probably Charmander. We have lots of lizards here. x3 :p

Gym: water-type, probably :3

Legendaries: I would have to say... Lugia and Celebi.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  17. Monek_OP

Monek_OP bernie2016

So many Slowpoke! It never stops RAINING! However on a more serious note, I'll use Quantom1024's reply as a template.

What starters?
    - Squirtle (Puget Sound)

Regional bird and bug Pokemon?
    - Birds: Pidove (roosts in urban areas and signallers' camps), Spearow, occasionally Taillow (forests).
    - Bugs: Scizor (I don't see many bugs living with all the people.)

Place with Pokemon Contests/Musicals/Pokeathlon?
    - Contests: Yes
    - Musicals: Yes
    - Pokeathlon: Yes

Gym Type in nearest city?
    - Nearest city: IDK.
    It will also be the location of the League.
    - Gym type: Either water or a type weak to it- (the games always give an opportunity to catch Pokemon to beat the leader)

Legendaries?
    - Water. Types.

What else?
    - Every water Pokemon! (Aquariams/Puget Sound)
    - Rattata may be sighted, but only at night and near trash dumps.
    - IDK...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013