• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon living in your Area

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
There's some wooded areas near my house, so I'd expect a good ammount of grass and bug types. It's also pretty hot where I live, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some ground, rock, or even some fire types.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well... living where there is desert I'll pretty much see Cacturne, Maractus, Sandile, Claydol, Trapinch, Baltoy, Sandshrew, Darmanitan, Dwebble, Sygilyph, the fossil pokemon... fossilized of course so you need to really look out for them XP <.>
The legend probably inhabiting here would be Regirock <.> like Hoenn *^*
I don't know what starter would be here ;^;
Regional Bird would probably be Fearow, or Mandibuzz <_> not the typical ones XP .-. heck maybe even the Skarmory <_>
I'm thinking it would host contests <.> Something fun *^*
Gym would be Ground, or Rock, or even Steel <_>

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I live in Kentucky, in a small town (only about 1300 people live here) and it is heavily forested (I live in the middle of town, and there are woods right outside of my house).

There would be lots of bug pokemon (even Trapinch, we have an antlion that lives right out front, and I've seen a lot of lacewings). Deerling/Sawsbuck, Vulpix (we have a lot of foxes deep in our woods), Zigzagoon, lots of cat pokemon (our town used to be infested with rats and pigeons. In the late 1980s, the council took a very short-sighted solution: they let all the cats out of the pound--without spaying or neutering any of them. Now we are infested with cats), Abra (they look like opossums, to me), Sableye (Sableye is modeled after the Hopkinsville goblin/monster from Kentucky), mushroom pokemon (we have a proliferation of mushrooms in the spring), various reptilian pokemon that could survive a temperate climate, rabbit pokemon, and lots and lots of ghost pokemon. Lots.

None of the existing legends would mesh well with the area, though.

PokemonXY

#PokemonXY
What would be the legends best for the 'region' I lived in?
-It's by a lake so I would say Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit

What starter pokemon would there be?
-Chespin
-Cyndaquil
-Froakie

What are the regional bird and bug pokemon?
-Pidove
-Durant

Is it a place which has pokemon contests or musicals or pokelthon are being participated in?
-No

What be the Gym Type in my nearest city and where would the Pokemon League be?
-League: Toronto
-Gym: Poison or Grass or Fighting

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
For me I live in Boise Idaho. So the area is technically a desert, but we have a lot of green, and also barren desserts. So I'm stumped, I doubt there would be real hardcore desert Pokemon. But some might. We have coyotes so possibly some mightyena. We have birds and pets. We also have gophers so as I said before I'm not sure what I'd have. It'd be cool to know though.

⊙ᴗ⊙
For me I live in Boise Idaho. So the area is technically a desert, but we have a lot of green, and also barren desserts. So I'm stumped, I doubt there would be real hardcore desert Pokemon. But some might. We have coyotes so possibly some mightyena. We have birds and pets. We also have gophers so as I said before I'm not sure what I'd have. It'd be cool to know though.

What, another inhabitant of potato-land? I could have sworn I'm the only one out here...

Anyways, to add to that. My brother and I had this discussion something like a week ago, and we both agreed that Idaho would probably have Vulpix/Ninetales/Fenniken and evos (foxes), Teddiursa/Ursaring (bears), Mightyena/Absol (closest I can think of to wolves), Various normal/flying birds, Murkrow/Honchkrow, (crow) the common pets in Purrloin, Meowth, Lilipup, and Growlithe, Deerling/Sawsbuck (deer), Joltik/Galvantula/Spinarak/Ariados (spiders), Ponyta/Rapidash (horses), Miltank/Tauros/Mareep/Flaaffy/Spoink/Grumpig/Tepig and evos/Torchic and evos (farm animals), Patrat/Watchog (gophers/groundhogs), Rattata/Raticate (mice), Rufflet/Braviary (eagles), Stunky/Skuntank (skunks), Buneary/Lopunny (rabbits), Zigzagoon/Linoone (raccoons), Zubat/Golbad/Crobat/Woobat/Swoobat (bats), Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion (if you count them as mice, weasels, and/or badgers.) Onix, Geodude, Skarmory and other rock/steel types in the more rugged terrain and the mountains, various desert dwelling pokemon such as Trapinch and Cacnea near the sand dunes, fire pokemon towards the more volcanic areas up north, and don't even get me started on fish...

I'm pretty sure we came up with even more, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. Pretty diverse though.

For starters, I can see the Kanto trio working well, as all 3 species are probably present here. (if you count Bulbasaur as a more toad-like creature)

Legendaries, I can't be sure, but I could see something that would dwell in the mountains? Regirock, Registeel, or Heatran maybe. And Rayquaza tends to fly around, so maybe he'd show up every now and again. Guess that argument could be made for anywhere though.

Last edited:

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
I'm currently in Eyemouth, which is right next to the sea. It's a fishing town, so I'd expect a lot of Goldeen, and Magikarp. I can imagine whole flocks of wingulls, swarming overhead, chirping loudly. Eating up the leftover fish and chips that people have bought, but left on the ground. There also would be a lot of purrloin about, as we seem to have a cat problem currently.

Current list:
• Goldeen
• Magikarp
• Purrloin
• Wingull

In Eyemouth, there are actually a few seals. They like to eat ice cream and fish. :D I guess that we would have Sealeo, and possibly Vanillite for the ice cream? There are also a lot of crab - like creatures going around at the moment. So I guess that we would also get all the Krabbys, Kinglets, and Dwebble's scuttling around the beaches.

There would also be a lot of Pidoves about, too. However, the pidoves are smaller than the Wingulls, mostly because the wingulls grab the food before the pidoves can even get close. The pidoves are quite fast flyers though. Well, you'd need to be to get out of the way of Meowths!

Back onto the first point - fishing. There are all sorts of fish Pokémon to catch. From Goldeen to Feebas, you can probably eat just about all of them, and they make quite a nice fish and chips meal.

And, for the legendary, I would go for Kyogre, for very obvious reasons. If you don't mind me, I'm off to give vanillites to Sealeo's.

Last edited:

Swampert is my Homeboy

Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma
I live in a forest-y area, so the deer Pokemon (Sawsbuck, Stantler) would be prevalent. As well as many bird Pokemon. I could picture most of the early rodents living around here too.

~Golden-Victini~

V is for Victory!
Oh yeah nearly forgot about the legendary, since this place is very lush and gets rain, a lot, I'd say the legendaries in my area would be suicune, celebi, and virizion.

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
Ice types

Water types

and Grass types, Dragon types and some Flying types

I live in Caldwell, Idaho.

So, we would have Murkrow, and nothing else :p. All the rest of them would be domesticated animals like Lillipup and Meowth. Honestly, Caldwell would be a lot like Orre.

I live in Sweden, so I like guess Stantler and Manetric maybe? (Deers and wolves)

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
I live in Sweden, so I like guess Stantler and Manetric maybe? (Deers and wolves)

I live in Denmark, so it'd be the same stuff for me, I guess

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I live in a medi large town in England, so pokemon like rattata, growlithe, pidove, ect. But there is a large, deep lake nearby, so loads of water pokemon, like magicarp, or maybe even gyrados. Probably alot of bug pokemon too. And sawsbuck/stantler, because the lake is surrounded by forest. My cat would be a skitty/meowth. The gym I'm guessing would be normal. As for legendary pokemon, I'm in Britan, so maybe kyogre? (Rain)

Last edited:

FennekinBlazes

Gay Mess
I live in Puerto Rico so all the starters of all type are here,Milotic,Feebas,Magikarp,Gyarados,and a chance of seeing Suicune,Celebi,Keldeo and Virizion.

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
What would be the legends best for the 'region' I lived in?

Well I live in Australia so I think that Groudon would be quite suitable.

What starter pokemon would there be?

Maybe things like Sandshrew and Hippopotas

What are the regional bird and bug pokemon?

Honesty I don't think these would diffre for most places in the world, just how common they are in certain areas.

Is it a place which has pokemon contests or musicals or pokelthon are being participated in?

Melbourne

What be the Gym Type in my nearest city and where would the Pokemon League be?

Melbourne, I think the gym type would not be a type, but rather a weather based gym.

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
What would be the legends best for the 'region' I lived in? My town is too boring for that.
What starter pokemon would there be? Chikorita, Torchic, and Squirtle
What are the regional bird and bug pokemon? Zigzagoon and Pidgey
Is it a place which has pokemon contests or musicals or pokelthon are being participated in? Closest would be where the league is.
What be the Gym Type in my nearest city and where would the Pokemon League be? A boring Normal or Bug gym. League would be in glorious NYC, of course.

Last edited:

Henraye

Toon Leader
What would be the legends best for the 'region' I lived in? Groudon, I love in Texas, and its extremely hot
What starter pokemon would there be? Idk, maybe Hoenn?
What are the regional bird and bug pokemon? Pidgeot and Wurmple
Is it a place which has pokemon contests or musicals or pokelthon are being participated in? Musicals
What be the Gym Type in my nearest city and where would the Pokemon League be? Ground. The Pokemon League would be in Austin, the Capitol of Texas