• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Locations? / Location Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Pokemon Locations?

As you may have noticed, certain Pokemon had some pretty odd locations in the original G/S/C games; some Johto Pokemon you could only obtain in Kanto after you'd beaten the Elite 4!

My question is, do you think they will change the locations certain Pokemon are found in for these remakes? Because, let's be honest, it would be nice to be able to capture the likes of Misdreavus, Murkrow, Houndour, Slugma, Larvitar, and others before you beat the Elite 4. You know, seeing as they're JOHTO Pokemon...they should be captured in the JOHTO region.

Thoughts?

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Obviously the lack of powerful fire-types early on is appalling (bar the Cyndaquil trio) so I'd hope that more are introduced.

In response to the suggestions above:
Misdreavus/Murkrow/Houndour - Yes
Larvitar/Slugma - Eh

Hopefully not Larvitar, or it will forever become a staple in pre-Elite Four teams. I favor variety.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
I completely agree. I'd honestly like it if you could capture all Johto pokemon in the Johto region pre-E4 simply for the sake of filling up the JohtoDex and getting the National dex after you beat the E4.

I think that you should be able to capture all JOHTO Pokémon in the Johto region, and all KANTO Pokémon in the Kanto region, with a few exceptions in the Johto region with Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat, Geodude, Caterpie and Weedle etc.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Obviously the lack of powerful fire-types early on is appalling (bar the Cyndaquil trio) so I'd hope that more are introduced.

In Crystal version, you could get Growlithe as early as Violet City (they added a patch of grass on the east part of Rt. 36). So they could give you Growlithe/Vulpix (depending on the version).

Personally, I like the idea of having Johto pokemon in Johto. It annoys me the way you have to wait until after the Elite 4 to get Houndour and Larvitar. But if they don't, it woun't be the end of the world.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
hopefully they do change it. They don't have to make them all extremely common, but Misdreavus in the Bellsprout Tower, Slugma in the Burned Tower, and Houndour in a random route somewhere would all make sense and give fans more team choices.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Hopefully not Larvitar, or it will forever become a staple in pre-Elite Four teams. I favor variety.

I agree with you. Tyranitar will be used to SPAM the E4.

More Johto pokemon in Johto, more Kanto pokemon in Kanto.

SilverMorty

well Tyranitar would be a bit more challenging to use with Sandstream but you could always use haling potions =p

I say it should still be in Mt. Silver but if it HAD to be changed, maybe some place in Mt. Mortar, be pretty rare and in one special room just like Bagon was back in RSE. Along with the fact you need Flash, Strength, Surf and Waterfall in Mt. Mortar it would make people have to work for that Larvitar.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
I liked the man who gave away the Tyrogue after you beat him...

I wonder what they'll do with the Mt. Coronet evolutions

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
For the Coronet evoulutions, I'd say that at some point you'd either find or buy rocks from Mt. Coronet.

I'm most interested in where Shaymin will be put because in D/P/Pt Oak says they found another white rock in Kanto.

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
The main thing I'd like to see in a different location is the stupid Houndour. I've grown to like them after using a Houndoom in my team in Platinum. That and Shuckle. Why should we have to use Rock Smash just to catch the thing with the highest Defense ever?

JD

Houndour before you get to azalea would help and larvitar in the beggining ofthe game would help alot

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Larvitar at the beginning of the game would be cheap.

More fire types would be nice though.

I think Johto should be relatively similar, but things like misdreavous and the other ones found in Kanto could be moved to Johto, while Kanto is now full of sinnoh and hoenn pokemon.

MasterBalls

I remember this really irritating me, and wondering why I could get a Houndour outside Celadon and not in Johto, where supposedly it was from.

It was generally weird thinking back that we almost had exactly the same early Pokemon (i.e. Pidgey, Caterpie, Geodude) as we did in the first games.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I am hoping that Bellsprout wont be so commen in the beginning. And I would like to see more places with Stantler.

D

Deleted member 11515

I am hoping that Bellsprout wont be so commen in the beginning. And I would like to see more places with Stantler.
But, that's the Bellsprout Tower in Azalea Town, right? :p
I mean, the tower is there because of the overabundance of Bellsprout, I think. :p

What always, always annoyed me in Pokemon Gold and Silver was Pikachu.
I always wanted one, and yet it was so frustrating to watch and battle youngsters and lasses with them, and yet I couldn't find one anywhere. I think they should make it more easily available, maybe somewhere like Ilex Forest as a rare Pokemon, since Viridian Forest was just reduced to a small patch of trees.

D

Deleted member 11515

But, that's the Bellsprout Tower in Azalea Town, right? :p
I mean, the tower is there because of the overabundance of Bellsprout, I think. :p

Charzard Tamer

Johto Bound
We need to be able to get all the Johto Pokemon in Johto. Its fine to put some Kanto Pokes in Johto and vice versa, but its stupid to have to wait through half the game just to get a few Johto pokemon. Pokmeon like Murkrow and Houndour need to be cought pretty early on, for some nice variety.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I just wish for an early spot for Sneasel, and if not at least let us trade early from Dppt.

Status
Not open for further replies.