• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Locations? / Location Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think, due to the Johto Dex likely remaining the same, that these new areas will provide new Pokemon, just more places for old ones. The new areas are likely to just be gimmick locations (Battle Frontier, WiiWare place, etc).

Then where do you think we'll get new pokemon like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza? They have to go somewhere.

I want wild mewtwo's in bellsprout tower. It just makes sense....
Back to reality... I'd love to see wild Cubone in the Caves. CUBONE RULES.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

ROTFL

If any of them do get added, they should be Houndour, Larvitar, Murkrow, and Misdreavus. Misdreavus because otherwise the Gastly family would monopolize the rosters of Ghost type lovers and the other three because they are only 1 or 2 Dark types available pre-E4 (Umbreon and Sneasel in Crystal). There's a serious imbalance of types in this game.

12Medbe

Assuming we start with The Johto Dex, here's what I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johto Pokes.

Route 29: Levels 2 - 5

-Phanpy
-Mareep
-Pidgey
-Sentret
-Hoppip
-Rattata

Route 30: Level 3 - 6

-Poliwag
-Dunsparce
-Metapod
-Caterpie
-Spinarak
-Wooper
-Oddish

Route 31: Levels 4 -6

-Weedle
-Kakuna
-Pikachu
-HootHoot
-Spearow
-Ledyba
-Bellsprout
-Slowpoke

Route 32: Levels 4-8

-Growlithe
-Mareep
-Drowzee
-Murkrow
-Ditto
-Dunsparce
-HootHoot
-Pineco
-Yanma
-Metapod

Union Cave: Levels 6-8

-Geodude
-Onix
-Zubat
-Clefairy
-Sandshrew
-Cubone

Route 33: Levels 5 - 8

-Hoppip
-Jigglypuff
-Ekans
-Spearow
-Bellsprout
-Abra
-Pinsir
-Drowzee

Ilex Forest: Levels 7 - 10

-Beedrill
-Pineco
-Paras
-Butterfree
-Metapod
-Kakuna
-Scyther
-Hoothoot
-Oddish
-Exeggcute
-Aipom

Route 34: Levels 10 - 12

-Abra
-Venonat
-Snubbull
-Mankey
-Houndour
-Shelder
-Shuckle
-Meowth
-Pikachu

Route 35: Levels 10 - 15

-Nidoran(s)
-Beedrill
-Koffing
-Magnemite
-Heracross
-Furrett
-Sunkern
-Voltorb
-Vulpix

Route 36: Levels 5 - 15

-Wobbuffet
-Haunter
-Gastly
-Growlithe
-Stantler
-Spinarak
-Tangela

Route 37: Levels 12 - 16

-Furrett
-Ledian
-Haunter
-Kaddabra
-Ariados
-Murkrow
-Pidgeotto

Route 38: Levels 10 - 18

-Miltank
-Tauros
-Farfetch'd
-Raticate
-Primeape
-Noctowl
-Girafarig
-Electabuzz
-Teddiursa

Route 39: Levels 18 - 20

-Growlithe
-Gligar
-Farfetch'd
-Pidgeotto
-Skarmory
-Raticate

Route 42: Levels 19 - 22

-Arbok
-Magby
-Ponyta
-Venomoth
-Marill
-Pikachu

Route 43: Levels 20 - 24

-Flaffy
-Girafarig
-Pidgeotto
-Haunter
-Pikachu
-Xatu
-Lickitung
-Doduo
-Rhyhorn

Route 44: Levels 22 - 26

-Weepinbell
-Haunter
-Smeargle
-Ursaring
-Pikachu

Ice Cave: Level 26 - 32

-Jynx
-Lapras
-Delibird
-Seel
-Dewgong
-Slowbro
-Sneasel
-Swinub
-Golbat
-Shelder
-Draitini

Route 45: Levels 27 - 35

-Donphan
-Larvitar
-Dragonair
-Pikachu
-Slugma
-Misdreavus
-Chansey
-Kangaskhan
-Tyrogue
-Digglett
-Grimmer

Route 46: Levels 2-7

-Larvitar
-Geodude
-Spearow
-Igglybuff
-Machop

Level 28 first step into Kanto: Level 29 - 35

-Golduck
-Rhydon
-Rapidash
-Dodrio
-Machoke
-Porygon

Victory Road: 32 - 52
-Steelix
-Golem
-Marowak
-Primeape
-Kabuto
-Omanyte
-Chansey
-Parasect

That's so a good portion if not all of The Johto Dex Pokemon are obtainable through the Johto part of the Game, It makes more room for Gen 1,2,3 & 4 to be found in Kanto.

o_0

Herbalist
Then where do you think we'll get new pokemon like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza? They have to go somewhere.
In brand new areas specifically designed for the Pokemon (ex. Full Moon Island) or old areas built to implement them (ex. Regice cave in Mt. Coronet).

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Back to reality... I'd love to see wild Cubone in the Caves. CUBONE RULES.

They reproduce???

But anyway, I hope they leave most of the locations as it is, making minor modifications of course for sinnoh types. I would like a huge variety of pokemon at the beginning to choose from, but only like 1/2 of what REALLY is available, which you can get later on. Larvitar's location atm is fine, tyranitar in the beginning of the game is just pointless and it will ruin the game for me if i catch one that early. Plus, it makes the elite 4 easier by a lot.

But thinking back again, i do remember that the pokemon in the beginning 3 gyms were pokemon i would never get, and pokemon i thought were weak. Yes, include hondour early in the game, but perhaps after azalea. I need "stronger, more likable" pokemon earlier in the game.

Dragon Houou

ドラゴントレーナー
Assuming we start with The Johto Dex, here's what I think.

Ice Cave: Level 26 - 32

-Jynx
-Lapras
-Delibird
-Seel
-Dewgong
-Slowbro
-Sneasel
-Swinub
-Golbat
-Shelder
-Draitini

That's so a good portion if not all of The Johto Dex Pokemon are obtainable through the Johto part of the Game, It makes more room for Gen 1,2,3 & 4 to be found in Kanto.

I read the list and it makes sense but just one thing though. Don't you think that Lapras should stay in union cave and only be obtainable on fridays like GS? Not that Ice path doesn't make sense but just asking.

aht1991

Probably after you get the Nat. Dex, depending on which version you have, a Terra or Marine Cave might appear near Mt. Silver: just like in Emerald. For Rayquaza, you need both and maybe a boat might take you to a random island, Hoenn to where Rayquaza originally was (sorry, no Hoenn access), or they might make a new "Areo Cave."

aht1991

Probably after you get the Nat. Dex, depending on which version you have, a Terra or Marine Cave might appear near Mt. Silver: just like in Emerald. For Rayquaza, you need both and maybe a boat might take you to a random island, Hoenn to where Rayquaza originally was (sorry, no other Hoenn access), or they might make a new "Areo Cave."

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Anyone Got ideas whats gonna be west of cianwood? Me and my friend were thinking, either a battle frontier-like thing, a safari zone, or pal park. (or maybe something new)
johto.jpg

Our only thing with a "Battle Frontier", is the cloud covering where the battle tower should be. Anyone thinking theres gonna be a surprise there...or just a misplaced cloud.

Also, anyone notice the fourth enternce to MT. Mortar? (above the middle cave) New area, or misplaced cave?

I hope they keep the lapras in Union Cave.

Last edited:

o_0

Herbalist
Our only thing with a "Battle Frontier", is the cloud covering where the battle tower should be. Anyone thinking theres gonna be a surprise there...or just a misplaced cloud.
Usually when Gamefreak adds a random cloud to a recently released map it means they're hiding something.
Those sneaky *******s.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
lol. How bout the big orange area above ecruteak.

AAAANNND...I hope this is actually how lugia appears in the whirl islands:
lugiawhirlislands.png

that would be sweet.

Dragon Houou

ドラゴントレーナー
lol. How bout the big orange area above ecruteak.

AAAANNND...I hope this is actually how lugia appears in the whirl islands:
lugiawhirlislands.png

that would be sweet.

I hope so too. I wonder if ho-oh and lugia will even get their own battle themes like raikou, entei and suicune.

o_0

Herbalist
It's definitely a forest of some sort, but were not really sure if it's even accessible. I think so, maybe you use that path that winds around Burned Tower.

What if it's nothing at all? Not that I wouldn't want it to be something, but it seems like it's just there to fill in the gap Lake of Rage is making. Gamefreak couldn't just have clouds hovering over it or else we would think they're hiding something! :p

Pkmnlover

I want Johto NOW!!!
What if it's nothing at all? Not that I wouldn't want it to be something, but it seems like it's just there to fill in the gap Lake of Rage is making. Gamefreak couldn't just have clouds hovering over it or else we would think they're hiding something! :p

No if you look closely behind the orange area there are a couple pond/lakes. I can't quite see the rest but there is something there because they wouldn't draw random lakes on what was previously blank on other maps for nothing. Besides if they just put it there for nothing then they should at least give the whirl islands storm clouds or something for Lugia.

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
What's on the mountain to the west of Cianwood?!

darkphoenix251

Phoenix Lord
I would definitely like to see Larvitar, Misdreavus (bad spelling i know), Houndour, Murkcrow etc earlier in the game. Having Larvitar earlier I don't think would make the E4 easier at all since it evolves to Tyrannitar at Lvl 55 and since Lance's most powerful is only Lvl 50 I seriously doubt you'll be that high considering Johto's infamous low level system. Having a Pupitar is hardly a deciding advantage.
As for Houndour I would like it to be in the same sort of area as Vulpix and Growlithe only at Night, with Larvitar available in Ice Cave. Murkcrow could be scattered around the grassy areas near Blackthorn with Misdreavus in the lower levels of the towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.