• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Locations? / Location Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
What's wrong with that? Mantine is in fact a Pokémon exclusive to Gold. I'm just answering a certain question. It has nothing to do with any of these issues found in this thread.

Oh sorry I thought you were complaining about it, Sorry Wulava

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Great ideas here guys.
Wasn't Scyther a version exclusive pokemon in FR/LF/D/P and I think R/S. As for the originals of G/S, I cannot say as I never had them.

Scyther is a Pokémon exclusive to FireRed and Diamond. It is not obtainable in RSE. In GS, Scyther is catchable only during Bug Catching Contests.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
For gible that wasnt the case in platinum.

For dratini you just needed the rod. And anyway you could get it at the game corner anyway .
Yeah, in Platinum it was even easier to get because it didn't require Strength. Therefor Gible was catchable right after the 2nd Gym.

Also, you get the Good Rod in Fuchsia, and the Super Rod on Route 12 [which is the Route you could have used to get to Fuchsia], so there really isn't anything stopping you from getting Dratini once you get to the Safari Zone.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
the Johto pokemon need to be in johto , and Larvitar still needs to take its rightfull place in Mt.Motar.

Murkrow needs to be in lots of routes at night.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Same with Houndour.

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.
In Crystal version, you could get Growlithe as early as Violet City (they added a patch of grass on the east part of Rt. 36).

FireRed and LeafGreen had Mankey on Route 22, going after Yellow. It could be a possibility to see Growlithe on Route 36. If that's the case, I'll be adding one to my party!

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
You know in the place they put Growlithe they could put Houndour at night.

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
I'm just hoping they don't put in 3rd or 4th generation pokemon in before the Elite Four. That would ruin Johto. Regarding The johto pokemon in Johto, i think that all pokemon should be obtainable before Elite4. Including Larvitar

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Growlith and Vulpix before Falkner.
Slugma in burned Tower with wild magby.
Houndour in the stantler route.
Heracross and aipom before goldenrod.
Phanphy and Teddiursa the first route with the geodudes.
Bellsprouts and misdreavus in the bellsprout tower, duh.
Cubone and marowak and larvitar in mount mortar.
Sneasel and smouchums in ice path.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
it would be nice to be able to catch cool pokemon early on in the game like
teddiursa, larvitar, phanpy, slugma, misdreavus, etc.
i hated not being able to catch teddiursa until AFTER the 8th gym

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Yeah more 2nd Gen pre-elite four. Including Larvitar.

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
I'm sure most of you know this but there are only a handful of version exclusives, I really think they should expand it though, which they pry will with the Hoen and Sinoh pokemon post-E4.

But here they are and their counterparts

Gold Silver
Ekans + Arbok Sandshrew + Sandslash
Vulpix + Ninetales Growlithe + Arcanine <--Didnt know 9 was in both names
Mankey + Primeape Meowth + Persian <-- Darn I'm getting gold
Ledyba + Ledian Spinarak + Ariados
Delibird Gligar
Phanphy + Donphan Teddiursa + Usaring
Skarmory Mantine

The only one with competative battle use is Skarmory, Gligar(evolution), and maybe Arcanine. So its not a huge deal. Personally they should have way more Johto Pokemon exclusives.
Houndoom + Misdreavous
Sunkern + Hoppip
Elekid + Magby
Igglybuff + Cleffa
etc
Thats really all I have right now.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I'm sure most of you know this but there are only a handful of version exclusives, I really think they should expand it though, which they pry will with the Hoen and Sinoh pokemon post-E4.

Gold Silver
Delibird Gligar
Skarmory Mantine

The only one with competative battle use is Skarmory, Gligar(evolution), and maybe Arcanine. So its not a huge deal. Personally they should have way more Johto Pokemon exclusives.
Houndoom + Misdreavous
Sunkern + Hoppip
Elekid + Magby
Igglybuff + Cleffa
etc

I think they will definantly keep the original version exclusives, but I am not sure about if they will add new ones. If they do they will most likely be with post e4 pokemon from different regions.

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
I think I messed up the what game has which one but it doesn't really matter

Silver gets Skarmory (and meowth..) and Gold gets gligar(and Arcanine.) which are the only ok ones anyways. It gives you a reason to trade at least.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
All I want is for ALL Johto pokemon to be found in Johto. If a few cross over to Kanto, I'm cool with that. I mean, you can find some Kantos in Johto so why not a few Johtos in Kanto??

I really would like to see pokemon such as Sneasel and Houndour somewhere in Johto. I plan on having a Weavile in my main team but having to wait until the end of the game would suck!! The Ice Path, though pretty far into the game, is fine for me...

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a few pokemon from other generations in HG//SS. Just a simple few, like maybe a chance to buy or hatch a Riolu.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker

Gold Silver
Delibird Gligar
Skarmory Mantine

Houndoom + Misdreavous
Sunkern + Hoppip
Elekid + Magby
Igglybuff + Cleffa
etc

No. Your idea is good but lets stray from making any more version exclusives. Let's just keep the exclusives at that. You already have 7 pokemon from each game unattainable in the other. Let's not make it 11.

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
I read previous posts saying that Mantine should go to silver, it should stay because all its stats coincide with Skarmory, just switched to sp def. sure it has an evolution, but its a pre-evolution. Gold got lucky, Gligor evolves unlike its counterpart Delibird(its the only version exclusive thats left to go with it) Its really no big since Skarmory is vastly superior in typing to Mantine. And you more than likely won't be able to evolve Gligor till post E4.

Another thing, is it confirmed that no sinnoh or Hoen poke will be in the dex?

Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with having the evolutions for all Pokemon that have them from the 252 in Johto, it will only add 10-20 new pokemon at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.