• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Locations? / Location Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
I'm thinking the new river on Route 45/46 leads to a part of Mt. Silver pre-E4 and you can get Larvitar.

I'm just wondering if the version exclusives will be the same because they did change some from R/B to FR/LG (i.e. the Staryu and Slowpoke families were exclusive to LG but could be found in all Generation 1 games)

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Well isn't the whole purpose of Mt. Silver a place for those who beat both Regions to get rare pokemon.

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
Yeah Larvitar should stay in Mt. Silver, it gives trainers something to work for. I for one don't think I need a Tyrannitar to beat the game, later on it will be nice to have, especially if a frontier pops up, but its one of the special 600 total base stat pokemon that can't be caught until after the E4, excluding the first one dratini/dragonair.

Sneasel will probably be in ice cave like in crystal, and houndour will probably be in the johto, maybe in burnt tower. Misdrevous isn't very good in my opinion, and i don't know why they made it so hard to get in the original games, but one could asume it will be easier to get aswell.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I never said Larvitar should be only available in Mt. Silver. I think he should be in a new cave that is really hard to get to until after the 6th gym. Sounds fair cause that was the case for Gible in Diamond/ Pearl.

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
I guess that might be ok, but it really doesn't matter, by the time you get it your team would be way higher in lv(I assume it will be lv 10-20) and at best it will be a puptar lv 40ish against the elite four(Unless you go on a training spree in mid-game). Pupitar is a crap pokemon, like all the pre-evolutions to the 600 base stat pokemon, and I personally don't think its worth them changing its area.

In the remake for R/S/E in the 5th gen, people will say lets make Bagon available in the lower part of the cave, and have Beldum in that steel cave you deliver the message to Steven in. Everyone has their opinion, but I really don't think they will change larvitar. Houndour, Misdrevous, and Sneasel(ik he moved in Crystal) have better chances of moving in my opinion, not the near legendary pokemon.

dark tyranitar 717

master trainer
they shold also put all the johto pokemon in johto and not let you enter kanto until you complete the johto dex

I think they should put larvitar in the begining in the same place you find phanpy or teddiursa early in the morning and make it rare,misdreavus should be in the sprout tower, houndour needs to be by the daycare at night,mucrow should be in the ilex forest
there aloo needs to be that rock thing that makes eevee evolve in the ilex forest and in the ice cave and it would be cool if instead of one sudowoodo there was a forest of them

In the remake for R/S/E in the 5th gen, people will say lets make Bagon available in the lower part of the cave, and have Beldum in that steel cave you deliver the message to Steven in.

Just want to point out that it's not possible. Beldum isn't native to Hoenn, Steven said he got that Beldum he gave to you in "another region". And it's NOT Sinnoh, by the way, as Beldum is a swarm pokémon there. Beldum is native to a region we don't know of yet.

CombeeKing

rawr; connor
I Totally Agree With You, Like, I Want Mah Dayyum Misdreavus In Mah Parteei Be4 I Kick E4 Butt.

(Sorry, Ghot Bored And Typed Funnyz. =P)
But, I Do Know Where Teddiursa Will Be Located.
Ihn Mah Parrteii

Lemonade

Murkrow and Misdreavus should both be obtainable in Ilex Forest at night, just like Eterna in D/P. :/ Hopefully not as version exclusives. Sprout Tower is another option, at least for Misdreavus.

Houndour should be available at some point early on. Not ridiculously early (unless they WANT to make sure Bugsy remains a joke), but I don't want to have to go to Kanto to get a Johto pokemon. Larvitar I can agree with though, since having it available early on would be stupidly cheap. If they want to keep it in Johto (which WOULD make the most sense), it should be pushed to the near end near Blackthorn or something.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The new screenies show Tyranitar following Gold in Cianwood. I don't think that'd be there if you couldn't get Larvitar pre-E4.

If they're not implying anything about it, then they just probably want to tease us since majority loves Tyranitar.

GamerSonic

Yeah they probably just went to Cianwood so you don't know if its post E4 or pre E4 they do that sometimes. So we'll just have to wait for more info.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Houndour in the route to Olivine (thank god platinum)
Misdreavus in Bellsprout Tower(very rare at night)
Slugma in Burned Tower
Murkrow in Illex Forest(very rare at night)

Kanto would be filled with Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon.

Last edited:

Frogmaster15

I'll be happy as long as Growlithe is put into Soul Silver, and if they maybe add the odd egg from Crystal.

Adam_stm

I think it would be cool if they made preevolutions in the wild like they did in DPPt.

It would also be cool to see wild Eevee and Porygon in Johto/Kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.