• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mafia Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
This is a different version of Mafia in which every player will have a role. This means if you sign up you should be online everyday to participate. It sucks when we have to wait for one player to submit an action. Basic Mafia rules apply. To join just post saying you want to play.

Here's a link to my most successful mafia game

The Official Pokemon Mafia Thread

Rules:
1. This game will be held in 72 hour blocks. During the appropriate phase everyone who has an action will PM their actions to me. After the 72 hour deadline I will write up the actions and post them, therefore starting the day round. That is where you vote to execute a player.

2. Ask me if you have any doubts about something you wanna do.

3. You MAY NOT say whether you are Good or Evil trainer. You can post evidence trying to prove your innocence but please do not flat out claim to be one or the other. (Not like someone would claim to be an Evil trainer but you get the point)

4. NO outside discussion of this game unless you are a villain or you have been told otherwise by me. No planning attacks or revealing roles. Seriously it ruins the game. You can not trust people anyway. (by no outside discussion I mean that you can only communicate with each other in this thread)

5. If you are unsure what the roles mean, please ask first, rather than halfway through the game. As always, action choices are sent in to me via PM.

6. Every post you make in this thread must be related to this game and this game only. Posts about other games will be reported as spam

7. HAVE FUN!

Game play:
First round begins:

•I post an opening Write-up signifying the start of the game and every player votes by picking one trainer they would like to eliminate the game. After everyone has voted, I will tally up the votes and lynch the player with the most votes. I will post an execution scene and that will signify the end of the day phase

• Each player decides on an action and sends their PM. Anyone with ability or skill may choose to use it. The Bad Pokémon decide together who they want to kill. Note: There is going to be a 72 hour limit to send in your actions. That way there's less waiting on one person. If someone doesn’t send in their action on time their role will be re-assigned to anyone interested in joining the game

• I post first scenario, including murders, saves, etc.

• After the scenario, the players still alive decide who is guilty, and who should be eliminated. Players vote and the person with the most votes is removed from the game. Note: Anyone can choose to abstain.

Story:

Long ago, before the rise of mafia, the world was at peace. Professor Oak had in his posession a Pokemon unlike any other, including that of the Pokemon's own species. This Pokemon possessed great power and if it were to fall into the wrong hands the world would plummet into chaos. A young man by the name of Francis Martin learned of this Pokemon and its abilities. Using the power of the legendary Mewtwo given to him by his father, he vowed to do whatever it took to claim this Pokemon for himself. One day, Francis would be known as the greatest criminal mind to ever walk the earth. This is where his story begins...

Roles:

Good Pokemon:

???: Changes type every day phase. Gets a new ability depending on its type. Any Pokemon who targets this Pokemon will go berserk and lose control of its ability the next phase

Bulbasaur: Uses Leech Seed during the day phase to steal another players vote. Both of Bulbasaur's votes must be used on the same player

Squirtle: uses Rapid Spin to deflect any action directed at him/her to a random player. At night Squirtle can apply this ability to the player of his/her choice. This action does not protect against night kills

Charmander: Uses Ember every night to stop a player from using their night action.

Onix: Every Night used Bind to protect the player of his choice from night kills.

Kadabra: Every night reads the mind of the player of his/her choice to discover that players role

Mew: Randomly transforms into another pokemon during the day and gets to use that Pokemon's ability at night.

Farfetch'd: Uses Follow Me every night to force the player of his choice to target the player of his choice

Mafia:

Ditto: Randomly transforms into another pokemon every day phase and gets to use that pokemon's ability

Mewtwo: Sends in the night kill every night. Uses Psychic during the night phase to force a player to target the player of his choice. The night kill is a group action, it is strongly reccomended that Mewtwo discusses his/her choice with his/her teammates before sending it in.

Golem: Uses Defense Curl at night to protect himself or another player from being targeted

Rogue:

Scyther: Uses Cut every night to cancel another players current night action. Once per game can use X-Scissor during the day phase to kill the player of his/her choice

Item:

Metal Coat: Given to a random player at the start of the game. Every night you must pass this item on to the player of your choice. This action cannot be canceled or redirected. You can also choose to hold onto this item for an extra phase but to do so you will not be able to perform your normal night action. If this item is given to Scyther or Onix that Pokemon will evolve and gain new abilities.

Every star next to your name is a strike. After you get 3 strikes you're out of the game. Strikes are received every time you fail to send in an action or you don't vote

Sign-Up List:

1. HydroSwampert killed day 7 by Bulbasaur. he was Scyther's trainer
2. {(•)___(•)} killed night 3 by Kadabra. He was Onix's trainer
3. MarshtompMan murdered by his own Pokemon day 5. He was Eevee's trainer
4. GalladeofSpades murdered day 4 by the infected pokemon. He was Golem's trainer
5. djhappy murdered day 2 via Zap Cannon. He was Ditto's trainer
6. Nightfall_ killed night 1 by Golem. He was Squirtle's trainer
7. Bugwarrior won the game. He was Bulbasaur's trainer. Last seen headed toward Viridian City
8. Robotic Wind won the game. He was Farfetch'd's trainer. Last seen headed toward Viridian City
9. Jordie murdered day 1 via Volt Tackle. He was Charmander's trainer
10. digipoke1 murdered day 3 by Mew. He was Mewtwo's trainer
11. Bekidding won the game. He was Kadabra's trainer. Whereabouts unknown
12. ShadeAce gone to Johto to recruit new Pokemon with Professor Elm. He was Mew's trainer

Waiting List:

If you would like to play and sign-ups are full just let me know and you will be added to the waiting list. When a spot opens up you will be contacted and you will have 24 hours to let me know if you accept or decline

1. bullkid
2. The Meddler
3. a person

Last edited:

Burakoru

Belly Slide
1. HydroSwampert
2. {(•)___(•)}
7. Bugwarrior
11. Bekidding

Lets get this thing rollin'!

Jordie

Bang!
1. HydroSwampert
2. {(•)___(•)}
7. Bugwarrior
9. Jordie
11. Bekidding

1. HydroSwampert
2. {(•)___(•)}
7. Bugwarrior
8. Robtic Wind

FONGERMAAAAAAAAAN!

OMG Fonger Man has a mafia!!!!

1. HydroSwampert
2. {(•)___(•)}
5. djhappy
7. Bugwarrior
8. Robotic Wind
9. Jordie
11. Bekidding

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
1. HydroSwampert
2. {(•)___(•)}
3. MarshtompMan
5. djhappy
6. Nightfall_
7. Bugwarrior
8. Robotic Wind
9. Jordie
11. Bekidding

GL Newbs

And yay, Fongermans back, even though I ever got to know him XD

Last edited:

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
1. HydroSwampert
2. {(•)___(•)}
3. MarshtompMan
5. djhappy
6. Nightfall_
7. Bugwarrior
8. Robotic Wind
9. Jordie
10. Digipoke1
11. Bekidding

Hello Godfather, I come to you on this day of your Daughter's wedding to ask you a favour.

Ace of Shades

1. HydroSwampert
2. {(•)___(•)}
3. MarshtompMan
5. djhappy
6. Nightfall_
7. Bugwarrior
8. Robotic Wind
9. Jordie
10. Digipoke1
11. Bekidding
12. ShadeAce

hello person that doesn't know me

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
1. HydroSwampert
2. {(•)___(•)}
3. MarshtompMan
4. GalladeofSpades
5. djhappy
6. Nightfall_
7. Bugwarrior
8. Robotic Wind
9. Jordie
10. Digipoke1
11. Bekidding
12. ShadeAce

Securing last spot people. BD

EDIT: question, though: Does the Mafia leave clues about who they are or something?

EDIT2: Never mind, it's been answered.

Last edited:

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
EDIT: question, though: Does the Mafia leave clues about who they are or something?

EDIT2: Never mind, it's been answered.

If I didn't suck so much at writing it would. I got good ideas but I can't really get them across

fongerman is back with a prequel!

I missed sign ups though, can I be on the waiting list?

It's more of a reboot then it is a prequel. I've done a mafia similiar to this that was meant to be a prequel.

I wasn't expecting this to get full so fast. Sorry there aren't a lot of spots. This game was designed to slowly make mafia popular again. I figured the faster we got sign ups filled the better plus it would help me see whether or not I had time to run a big game. Opening post will be posted soon. I was expecting sign ups to take longer so I hadn't typed it yet. Thanks for joining everyone!

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
Day 1 Start

*One night in Professor Oak's lab*

"Yes, the Pokemon is safe. I doubt anyone will be able to find it for awhile." Professor oak addressed the person on the other end of the phone. "Yes, the town is ready. I've taken every precaution possible. I'll make sure to let them know the Pokemon is with..." He was cut off when the phone suddenly flew out of his hand and smashed into the wall.

"Who are you talking to Professor?"

"Francis, this isn't you. You can overcome the Pokemon's power, I know you can."

"I'm not under anybody's control." Francis laugh and then commanded his Mewtwo to slam Professor Oak against the wall. "Now tell me where it is and this can end before anyone gets hurt."

"You know I can't do that Francis. It's power is too great."

"Mewtwo, I want you to pull one of Professor Oak's pinky fingers off." Mewtwo raised its hand and pulled back.

"AHHHHHHHHH" Professor Oak screamed. He stood helplessly as Mewtwo heeded its master's command. "Francis, I know you're still in there. You must stop this NOW."

"We're not gonna get any information from him. Mewtwo, finish him." Mewtwo raised its hand again and began lifting Professor Oak's head. "You gonna talk now?"

"You'll never find it Francis." Were Professor Oak's last words as his head was seperated from his body.

"Useless old man. Mewtwo, see anything useful?" The Pokemon pointed at a table with 5 Pokeballs on it. Francis approached it and grabbed the pokeball on the far right. The Pokemon has a picture of a flame on top. Francis pressed the button but nothing happened. "Empty," He commented. The Pokeball next to it had a picture of leaf. Francis attempted to release that pokemon but he had the same result. The Pokeball on the far left had a thunderbolt on it and the pokeball next to it had a drop of water. Francis picked them up and realized they were empty as well. "I guess there's no point in trying this fifth ball. Time to take a different approach Mewtwo." He retured Mewtwo to its Pokeball and left the lab

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*City hall the next morning*

"Although the death of my grandfather was tragic, it should not come as a surprise to anyone." Gary Oak stood in front of the town, addressing them. "We need to remain calm. As long as we do what my grandfather said we will all be ok."

"That's your solution?" Francis stood up from the back of the crowd and yelled out. "You're just gonna let his killer get away? We're all in danger. Don't you care?"

"Yeah!" "He's right!" The townspeople shouted out in agreement.

"We will be safe as long as we do what my grandfather wanted. He knew this threat was coming and he has adequately prepared us to handle it."

"If that's the case then why is he dead?" Francis called out.

"People, calm down. This is exactly what my grandfather's killer wants."

"I say we handle this here and now. One of us here has to be the killer. We haven't had any visitors to Pallet Town in weeks. You have everyone in this room right now. Let's vote on who we think is guilty."

"That's a good idea!" "Francis is right!" "We need to end this here." The crowd said in agreement.

Day One has officially started. You have 72 hours to vote. The person with the most votes will be executed. If you have a day action you also have 72 hours to send it in. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.