• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mafia: Mega Trouble in Hoenn

My thoughts are that treeco probably saved me yesterday. It doesn't mean I'm town, of course, since he could have just as easily saved mafia, but the fact that treeco saved me is pretty cool if I'm right. Thanks treeco.

I trust Bura the most as of now. The whole "could prove my innocence" coupled with the fact that I read him as town yesterday makes this my strongest read yet. Machamp-X is going to be the rogue. This is just a gut feeling of course, but when he said the bit about the rogue being able to side with town seemed to me like he was saying "I'm less important to lynch than the mafia". Seems like he will be lynched, but I'm moving on to someone else for now that I think is mafia rather than rogue .

Vote: MarshtompMan

Watch me be wrong on all of the people I mentioned lol

EDIT: My other reason I believe machamp not to be the best lynch today is simply because one of the abstainers died. I would expect with the number of people voting machamp, if he were mafia it wouldn't attract too much attention to kill one of those players. Maybe the mafia just decided it would be best to kill more randomly to avoid people figuring things out on the kill though, so don't take that too much for granted.

Last edited:

Toy Soldier Mafia

Well, pokemon-expert-chris makes a good point. But I'm leaning towards Machamp-X a little more now.

Machamp-X and pokemon-expert-chris could be the mafia for all I know, so it's better to go for Machamp-X now than to attempt changing everyone's mind onto another suspect. At least in my logic bubble...

Vote: Machamp-X

Please Arceus, let me be right for once. >.<

Chalis

Victorious
Swampert
You are a good trainer. You win the game when all threats to the town are eliminated.
You can mega evolve your pokemon at any point in the game. Doing so will cause you to lose your current ability and gain a more powerful one that can only be used once.
Mega evolve at your own risk

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
1. Excitable Boy...................Machamp-X
2. Burakoru..........................Machamp-X
4. Machamp-X......................Burakoru Abstain
5. pokemon-expert-chris......MarshtompMan
6. Enjolras............................
7. MarshtompMan................Machamp-X
8. Toy Soldier Mafia..............Machamp-X

Total:

Machamp-X-4
Marshtompman-1
Abstain-1

I'm going to allow until the end of today for any further votes due to it being 4th of July weekend.

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
The town stood in the Pokemon Center, divided, debating the fate of Machamp-X.

“We’ve got proof!” Toy Soldier Mafia walked in with a tape in his hand. “Everything we need to know is on this tape.” Toy Soldier Mafia walked up to the tv that was in the lobby of the Pokemon Center and inserted the tape. The image of Professor Birch’s lab appeared on the screen. Three Pokeballs were lying on the table

“Is that Machamp-X?” MarshtompMan asked as someone appeared on the screen

“It could be anyone.” Pokemon-expert-chris cautioned. “Let’s not jump to conclusions.”

The trainer on the screen grabbed the 3 Pokeballs and attached them to his waist. He turned to leave the lab, revealing his face to the camera.

“LOOK!” Excitable Boy shouted. “It is Machamp-X!” The town turned to look at Machamp-X who was nowhere to be found. They all ran outside and saw Enjolras using a Victreebel to hold Machamp-X in place

“I saw him escaping.” Enjolras explained. “Luckily, I was here to catch him.

Machamp-X began pleading, “I can explain! I’m Professor Birchs lab assistant. I can prove it. Just have this Victreebel lighten its grip. I have my ID badge in my pocket.” The Victreebel used its vine to search his pocket. Victreebel grabbed something and threw it towards the other trainers.

“he’s telling the truth.” Pokemon-expert-chris picked up the ID badge. “Let him go.” He turned to Enjolras who returned Victreebel to his pokeball.

“Start talking,” Excitable Boy demanded.

“Professor Birch asked me to grab the starter Pokemon and hide them. That’s what they were after.”

“They?” Toy Soldier Mafia asked

“The ones who broke into the lab. They want to abuse the powers of Mega Evolution. They found out all of Professor Birch’s starters were capable of it. They’ve been after them ever since. Swampert is the only one I have left.” Machamp-X grabbed the sole pokeball attached to his waist

“What happened to the others?” Enjolras asked. “And where’s Burakoru?”

“Sceptile has Burakoru right now.” Machamp-X answered. “Blaziken was taken from me last night. They have him now.”

“What did you do with Burakoru?” MarshtompMan asked.

One of the trainers slipped away from the crowd. He put his hand to the earpiece he was wearing. “Now” he whispered.

A thunderbolt came out of the sky, striking machamp-X in his place, killing him immediately.

The trainer reached to his earpiece again and said, “That Swampert is going to be tricky to get. We’ll have to worry about that tonight.”

One of the trainers picked up Swampert’s pokeball. “We have to find Burakoru before it’s too late.” He announced. “As for Swampert, we should watch him in shifts. 2 trainers at a time. There’s no way we’re going to let these people take him.”

You have executed Machamp-X, he was the rogue. His role consisted of the 3 starter Pokemon of Hoenn. First post has been updated with his role information. It is now night 2. You have 72 hours to send in your night action if you have one.

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
A group of Pokemon stood outside a warehouse at the edge of Littleroot Town. The giant yellow and black Pokemon motioned for the dog Pokemon to make its move. The dog nodded and used Extreme Speed to check the surrounding area.

Seconds later the dog had returned, “Nine” He said to the other Pokemon. The yellow Pokemon motioned towards the Marowak.

“Wak, Wak” He acknowledged as he threw his boomerang into the window. It spun around and tore down the door from the inside as it returned to Marowak. The 4 Pokemon proceeded to enter the house

They looked around and noticed the house was empty. All they saw was Burakoru, tied to a chair in the middle of the room, passed out and covered in blood. The last member of the rescue group, a 4 armed Pokemon, approached Burakoru. A Sawk who had been holding on to a rafter in the ceiling landed in between the Machamp and Burakoru. Both Pokemon used Close Combat as they began exchanging blows

The giant yellow Pokemon, Electivire, used Thunderbolt in an attempt to interrupt the 2 fighting Pokemon. It was stopped by a Golem who rolled in front of it. The Golem rolled towards Electivire who grabbed it and threw it against the wall

Blue flames began to surround Marowak as a Banette appeared from the ground, using it’s Will O Wisp attack. It then launched a Shadow Ball. Marowak responded by using Double Team, causing the attack to miss.

Meanwhile, Sawk attempted to catch Machamp off guard with an Ice Punch but Machamp used Low Kick causing the Pokemon to trip.

Golem used Rollout. Electivire Focused Punched it sending Golem in the opposite direction, through the wall to the outside

Banette had the upper hand on Marowak as it used Shadow Sneak to catch the ground Pokemon off guard. It glanced towards Burakoru’s chair and noticed it was gone. The Arcanine who arrived with the rescue group had used the distraction to free Burakoru

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A trainer sat, watching this battle take place on camera. “They got Burakoru. Abandon mission. “ He commanded his pokemon through speakers in the warehouse. He watched as the Banette, Golem and Sawk trook off. “How goes your mission?” He spoke into his earpiece

“Failed, I couldn’t find Swampert. The entire town is here, at the Pokemon Center. Arcanine just showed up with Burakoru. Come out of your room before they ask where you’re at.” The other voice responded

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Is he still alive?” Enjolras asked

MarshtompMan bent over and felt for a pulse. “There’s a pulse. It looks like we reached him just in time.”

“Is everyone accounted for?” Pokemon-expert-chris said as he looked around

“Yeah, we’re all accounted for.” Excitable Boy answered

No one had died. It is now day 3. You have 72 hours to vote for who you think is Mafia

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Alright; we have two options for WHAT happened.

1.) Mafia just no-lynched, either due to inactivity or some other sick reasoning.

2.) Mafia tried to kill someone (based on the story, probably me) and the target was protected.

So to start the new day phase off, I'm going to do the same thing I did last day phase.

Does anyone have anything from their roles that will assist us in tracking the mafia? I - unfortunately - got nothing that's of true use to just spill immediately, otherwise I would.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Dat doc? Between this and the Machamp-X lynch, we're doin' pretty fine.

Nothing useful out of me, unfortunately, so I'll wait to see if anyone else has anything suspicious to go on.

Chalis

Victorious
I could track mafia, but alas, I'm dead.
So my last post here.
Good job pokemon expert chris, on guessing me correctly.
I was going to support town, or whoever I thought was town.
Bye!

Hello, I have gathered useful information this night. Let me explain the situation first:

- One protective role has already died (Charizard). This means that of the remaining roles, it is not very likely that they can stop a kill succesfully, even if there truly is another one (which I doubt, but nonetheless remains a possibility, especially with megaevolutions and whatnot).

- Mafia likely didn't decide to no kill. I see no reason for them to do so, especially when roles that alter the votes are so frequent in these games.

- I, however, gained the ability to stop THE LEADING mafia from killing by mega-evolving last night. This means that if I targetted the mafia that sends the kills to fongerman, the kill would be canceled, just like it happened today. Furthermore, I could pick TWO people, increasing the chances of me picking the mafia correctly. I will give more information regarding my role only as needed.

-From the two people I picked, assuming no one else wants to take credit for stopping the kill, it is very likely that AT LEAST one of them is mafia. Specifically, the leader of the mafia. I heavily suggest waiting for these two to respond, hear their defense, and then lynch between them two.

So, who are the two people I used my night action on, one of which is very possibly the leader of the mafia?

TOY SOLDIER AND MARSHTOMPMAN

PS: Everyone should mega evolve next night (if you havent), as the game is nearing its end.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention: I called it! He was rogue after all :D

Last edited:

Burakoru

Belly Slide
So, who are the two people I used my night action on, one of which is very possibly the leader of the mafia?

TOY SOLDIER AND MARSHTOMPMAN

Well then; we're down to two people.

I do have one of these two players in mind, but it could be either one. Although I'm not going to point fingers JUST yet, as I agree we should hear what they have to say.

There's also the possibility that one of the people here has a role that could have stopped the night kill as well, so it's not really completely down to 2 until everyone else confirms that the only role that could stop it was mine. Although I feel more or less confident that one of them is mafia regardless of me being the one to stop it. We'll see what they say.

Toy Soldier Mafia

Well, I walked in on a bad time...

So, I've got nothing. Honestly, what am I supposed to say? If I don't get lynched this round it will be the next even if Marshtompman turns out to be mafia, and vise-verse for him. Unless someone has any reason to doubt pokemon-expert-chris, it's the only safe thing to do.

So, I'll just wait here for the votes.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
my gut says that MarshtompMan is scummier, but I'm not picky and would support either lynch

Nice to see we're getting someplac

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Alright; it's been over 36 hours, I think that's ample time to give MarshtompMan a waiting period.

We need a chance to be able to vote as well, and lets be honest, until someone starts it everyone's going to sit around like ducks.

Vote: Toy Soldier Mafia

I'm not exactly sure how targeting works paired with the stopping of a role from activating, but my role gives me the power to follow people at night, and see who they target.

I followed MarshtompMan last night, and he didn't target anyone. I wanted to wait and see if he perhaps would slip with his next post by claiming a role, but time's running out and we need a majority to actually get a lynch going.

I've given my information, I have made my vote, I bid you all adieu, as it's probable to assume either Pokemon-Expert-Chris, or I, is dying tonight.

IDK if when a kill is cancelled they visit no one. I think that is the case.

Regardless, I dont find toy soldier's defense convincing at all.

Vote: Toy soldier mafia

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
I didn't submit an action last night because I wasn't able to get on the forum. If you look at my VMs, you can see Fongerman trying to get my attention.

Personally, I feel like role-claiming would be detrimental to my game and I don't feel the need to do it. I believe Toy Soldier Mafia is indeed mafia and if he isn't, I welcome you all to crucify me.

Vote: Toy Soldier Mafia