• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mafia: New Bark, New Bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
This is a different type of mafia where everyone has a role with an action.

I've had many mafia games on Serebii in the past, some with 30+ players. I'm hoping to bring mafia back to that popularity with this game. I always include in ongoing story with my games, usually having the survivors make appearances in the next games. I even use some characters (you guys) in future games, making them essential to the plot. It all depends on the course of the game. Below is a link to all threads created by me where you will see my many mafia games and their various success

http://www.serebiiforums.com/search.php?searchid=2259948

Rules:
1. This game will be held in 72 hour blocks. During the appropriate phase everyone who has an action will PM their actions to me. After the 72 hour deadline I will write up the actions and post them, therefore starting the day round. That is where you vote to execute a player.

2. Ask me if you have any doubts about something you wanna do.

3. You may claim your role at any time.

4. NO outside discussion of this game unless you are a villain or you have been told otherwise by me. No planning attacks or revealing roles. Seriously it ruins the game. You can not trust people anyway. (by no outside discussion I mean that you can only communicate with each other in this thread)

5. If you are unsure what the roles mean, please ask first, rather than halfway through the game. As always, action choices are sent in to me via PM.

6. You may RP throughout the game if you;d like. You may not reference the Pokemon you've been assigned. You can use other Pokemon that aren't included in this game

7. It is highly recommended to post in the thread and work together to eliminate the mafia. Town is at a disadvantage because Mafia can communication outside the thread and know each others identities

8. HAVE FUN!

Game play:
•I post an opening Write-up signifying the start of the game and every player votes by picking one trainer they would like to eliminate the game. After everyone has voted, I will tally up the votes and lynch the player with the most votes. Players can also choose to abstain. Players with day actions will also send in their actions at this time. I will post an execution scene and that will signify the end of the day phase

• Each player decides on an action and sends their PM. Anyone with ability or skill may choose to use it. The Mafia decide together who they want to kill. Note: There is going to be a 72 hour limit to send in your actions. That way there's less waiting on one person. If someone doesn’t send in their action on time their role may be re-assigned to anyone interested in joining the game

• I post first scenario, including murders, saves, etc.

• After the scenario, the players still alive decide who is guilty, and who should be eliminated. Players vote and the person with the most votes is removed from the game. Note: Anyone can choose to abstain.

Story:

New Bark town has been invaded by a mysterious group of trainers. Professor Elm, out of options, sends out an SOS to the citizens of Johto. Hoping that someone strong enough will arrive

The Roles:

Good Pokémon:

Feraligatr - can avoid an attack by surfing OR can choose save another player.

Slowking- Can use his telepathy to choose to control one person's vote in the voting round or control their action for one round. Whichever he chooses, he can't use two consecutive rounds (i.e., can't manipulate vote twice in two rounds). once per game, he can use his mastery of telepathy to send a PM (through me) to the player of his choice

Celebi- He can stop time and prevent an execution. Once one is decided, he is given a brief opportunity to choose to stop it or not. He can't stop his own execution, and can't stop the same person from being executed twice. Once per game, can fast forward time to skip the night phase. Allowing 2 executions in a row

Sudowoodo - Hides behind a player of his choice. If he is targeted while hiding behind them, it is ineffective. (NOTE: This targeting is not limited to attempted kills.) If the person he is hiding behind is killed, so is he. Any other targeting on the person he hides behind does nothing to him.

Wobbuffet - If he is targeted, he can use his Counter/Mirror Coat to make the ability he is targeted with ricochet to another random player (the ability that is deflected is random, if multiple abilities are used on him). Once per game can use this to save himself from execution. Causing all votes on him to go to random players, effectively causing a random execution

Typhlosion- Can use his fire to burn the player of his choice during the day OR night. During the day phase the burn will cancel out a player’s vote. During the night phase, the burn will cancel out the player’s action. Whichever he chooses, he can't use two consecutive rounds (i.e., can't manipulate vote twice in two rounds).

Scizor- Can use his strength to protect someone. If the person he is protecting is targeted, there is a 50% chance that he will die, taking the one who did the targeting with him OR can choose to Day-kill someone

Meganium - Asks the owner about a player to find out if they are a Good Pokémon or a Bad Pokémon. If they are a Good Pokémon, then he can communicate with them if she chooses.

Natu - Teleports to follow someone and find out who they targeted. Doesn't learn what they were targeted with.

Bad Pokémon:

Ditto - Is in charge of the villains, and sends in the kill. Appears innocent to investigations. Can copy one person's power every other turn and use it. Cannot use the "once per game" functions of any powers.

Forretress- Can protect himself or another character from being killed every night

Magcargo - Can wound a target with his flames, making them be out to recover one round. that player is unable to vote or use an action

1. shaymin_girl killed by Mafia Night 2. Had the role of Slowking
2. Fango Pango executed day 2, saved by Celebi. Executed day 3. Had the role of Magcargo
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special killed by Mafia Night 1. Had the role of Feraligatr
5. MarshtompMan killed by Mafia Night 3. Had the role of Natu
6. Grey Walrus
7. Enjolras
8. Chihaya01 executed day 5. Had the role of Celebi
9. Aegon
10. Crimson Penguin
11. Mr. Mach killed by the mafia night 4. Had the role of Scizor
12. pokemon-expert-chris replaced by Sasukeanditachi night 2 for being inasctive
13. sasukeanditachi executed day 4. Had the role of Forretress

Last edited:

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
1. shaymin_girl

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
1. shaymin_girl
2. Fango Pango
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special
5. MarshtompMan
6. Grey Walrus

Enjolras

Master of the House
1. shaymin_girl
2. Fango Pango
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special
5. MarshtompMan
6. Grey Walrus
7. Enjolras

Aegon

1. shaymin_girl
2. Fango Pango
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special
5. MarshtompMan
6. Grey Walrus
7. Enjolras
8. Chihaya01
9. Aegon

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
1. shaymin_girl
2. Fango Pango
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special
5. MarshtompMan
6. Grey Walrus
7. Enjolras
8. Chihaya01
9. Aegon
10. Crimson Penguin

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
Here we go again with another one of my famous Pokemon Mafia's. Hopefully this game works out and we can do a second, bigger game. Thanks for signing up everyone. I hope you're as excited as I am

1. shaymin_girl
2. Fango Pango
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special
5. MarshtompMan
6. Grey Walrus
7. Enjolras
8. Chihaya01
9. Aegon
10. Crimson Penguin

Chalis

Victorious
1. shaymin_girl
2. Fango Pango
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special
5. MarshtompMan
6. Grey Walrus
7. Enjolras
8. Chihaya01
9. Aegon
10. Crimson Penguin
Mr. Mach

1. shaymin_girl
2. Fango Pango
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special
5. MarshtompMan
6. Grey Walrus
7. Enjolras
8. Chihaya01
9. Aegon
10. Crimson Penguin
11. Mr. Mach
12. pokemon-expert-chris

I guess I'll have to visit SPPf again if there's a mafia game going on XD

Just 2 things before we start: I think Celebi's role is incomplete (can fast forward to...?), and I'm a little confused about what rule 6 means (the part that says "You may not reference the pokemon you've been assigned"), so if you could give an example of a reference that wouldn't be allowed that'd be great.

Last edited:

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
1. shaymin_girl
2. Fango Pango
3. Infernobat.
4. Pokemon Special
5. MarshtompMan
6. Grey Walrus
7. Enjolras
8. Chihaya01
9. Aegon
10. Crimson Penguin
11. Mr. Mach
12. pokemon-expert-chris

I guess I'll have to visit SPPf again if there's a mafia game going on XD

Just 2 things before we start: I think Celebi's role is incomplete (can fast forward to...?), and I'm a little confused about what rule 6 means (the part that says "You may not reference the pokemon you've been assigned"), so if you could give an example of a reference that wouldn't be allowed that'd be great.

Fixed Celebi

Celebi- He can stop time and prevent an execution. Once one is decided, he is given a brief opportunity to choose to stop it or not. He can't stop his own execution, and can't stop the same person from being executed twice. Once per game, can fast forward time to skip the night phase. Allowing 2 executions in a row

Rule 6 just means you cant drop hints on who your Pokemon is through RP'ing. Let's say you have Ditto as your Pokemon and you RP with Mew because it also has the ability to transform.

The game will officially start sometime tomorrow. I have to type up role PM's and the opening. In the mean time, can someone post a filler for me so I don't double post when the time comes

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
Role PM's sent out. Just gotta work on the opening write up. Busy morning so should be up later, tomorrow at the latest. Really should've had it done ahead of time so my fault. Requeseting one more filler. Thank you for your patience

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
Goldenrod City

“Anyone listening to this please come to New Bark Town. We are all in Grave Danger. They are after…”

Blood splattered onto the screen before Professor Elm could finish his sentence

“Well, looks like things are getting bad again” Pokemon-expert-chris said to himself.

He picked up his trusted Pokeball and said, “New Bark, Here I come

———————————————————————————

Mahogany Town

“We’re probably the only ones strong enough to stop this from happening all over again”

MarshtompMan’s Pokemon nodded in agreement. He put it in it’s Pokeball and hopped on his motorcycle

————————————————————————————

New Bark Town

“I told you he got a message out!” One trainer yelled at the other.

The 2 stood there, watching trainers arrive in New Bark town and head to the Pokemon Center for the first town meeting

“We gotta get in there and fix this before the boss finds out” The second trainer yelled back

“As far as anyone is concerned, we got the same message. This will give us time to search. This could very well work in our favor.” A 3rd trainer, who was standing behind them, said.

The 3 trainers entered the Pokemon Center and began joining the discussions that were going on

It is now day 1. You have 72 hours to vote

Status
Not open for further replies.