• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mafia Revelations

Shazdar

Why is blue?
Now I am not sure if you really have this information but really it should be shared so we can take it into account later (or maybe now) if you really have it.
Also this Vote=ABSTAIN.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I wonder if ansem is saying that just to mess with our heads. :p

Anyway, nothing much to go on, so...

Vote: Abstain

@ Eleventh: Yeah, there's always that, too. XD

Last edited:
Roles:

F.M.s Army:

Umbreon: Umbreon stalks people at night in order to discover what pokemon they own and who they targeted

Lucario (Steel): Uses Iron Defense every night to protect the player of its choice from night kills. (This includes poisoning)

Luxray: Uses Thunder Fang during the day phase to paralyze a player leaving them unable to vote. Luxray is very faithful to its trainer and protects it from night kills

Venusaur (Grass): The aroma coming from Venusaur's back calms all Pokemon in the area. Venusaur can use this ability to stop an execution of any player except for himself. He cannot use this ability on the same palyer twice

Giratina (Ghost): uses Shadow Force at night to attack a player the next day and cancel out their vote

Dugtrio: Burrows underground at night and attacks a player in order to cancel out their night action. Dugtrio's attack cannot be blocked

Slaking: Uses its tremoundous power to kill a player every night. Slaking is lazy and sleeps all day. his votes do not count

Boldore: uses Rock Polish every day phase to gain speed and increase its vote count by 1. Boldore can also choose to use Rock Polish to attack another player to cancel out their vote, doing so reduces Boldore's vote count by 1

Gligar (Flying): Uses its flying ability to fly at a pokemon every night phase and poison them. A poisoned Pokemon will die 2 phases later

Hypno: During the day phase Hypno can put 2 people to sleep canceling out their votes

Marill: Using its excellent hearing Marill picks a Pokemon at night and finds out who targeted that Pokemon

Heracross (Dual): Uses its superior strength at night to cancel out a players action and during the day phase uses Megahorn to injure a player. That injured player will not be able to use their next action

Machop: Machop never gets tired and as a result never sleeps. Machop can see who targets him at night and decide if he wants to kill, injure or do nothing

Garchomp (Dragon): Garchomp uses his dragon breath every day phase to burn someone and leave them unable to use their night action

Whirlipede (poison): does not move unless its attacked. Any pokemon that targets him will become poisoned. A poisoned player dies 2 phases later

Victini (Fire): Uses Searing Shot at night to burn another player. A burned player will spend the day phase in the Pokemon Center and cannot be executed

Froslass (Ice): Freezes a player at night and protects them from night kills. A frozen Pokemon has a possibility of dying based on how many votes it gets the next day

Escavalier (Bug): Uses twinneedle during the day or night phase. If used during the day the players vote will be canceled. if you used at night the players action will be canceled. Escavalier can use this action twice. It can choose to use it 2 times in the day, 2 times at night or once in the day and once in the night
Alright, let me start with an evaluation of the roles and what I think should be done in the first few night phases based on that. I want to do this so that the discussion about strategy is settled and we can move on to scumhunting. If you disagree with something I say please feel free to argue.

There are two investigative roles: Umbreon, and Marril. The real useful one here is Umbreon, since he can not only see the role but who they are targetting. This is especially useful when Umbreon finds an evil player, because an evil player will use their actions on their teammates or on a town player depending on what it is. What I'm trying to say is don't ignore the person they targetted. If for example you find Tepig, then the person they injured is most likely town, so you learned not only that someone who tepig is but also who a town is. Marril, on the other hand, can't tell if they're trying to help the person or harm the person that they visited, so whoever it is would have to do some deep thinking about it.

There are two protective roles: Lucario and Frosslass. Use your abilities on people that talk alot since those are likely to be noticed by mafia and seen as threats. Of course, only use it if you think that person is town. Remember when no one dies, it doesn't mean that it's because you saved someone. Mafia could have been roleblocked or the other protective role could have been the one to protect correctly.

There are four role-blockers: Dugtrio, Heracros Garchomp Escavalier. I'm putting Escavalier here because I believe he should focus on preventing night actions rather than preventing people from voting (more on that later though). Since there are so many roleblockers it is likely that a mafia is hit sooner or later so that's pretty good. Just try not to get Umbreon, because that would suck x10.

There are four role-cancellers: Luxray, Giratina, Boldore, Hypno. This is where I might get disagreement, but I do not believe that these should use their powers if they can avoid it. The reason is simple: there are too many and the odds is that a town will get cancelled. If we get -4 or even -3 we are at a huge disadvantage. Furthermore there are many roles that get activated after they are targetted and it's not worth risking hitting those roles. Boldore should /never/ use it in my opinion. Gaining a vote is always better than cancelling a vote since you know it will be for a town player and it's pretty much the same thing if you look at it that way.

There are four killing roles: Whirlipede, Machop, Gligar, Slaking. I know some can't avoid it, but those that do try not to do anything for the first few nights. Killing an important town role is devastating so in my opinion better wait and be safe than sorry. After the first couple of days when the mafia get a little more obvious feel free to try and shoot someone but please be wary.

There are two exection-stoppers: Victini and Venasaur. Well, not much to say here. If you feel something is wrong, it probably is. Follow your gut but don't overuse it. Remember, lynching is how we kill mafia.

Whoosh, that was probably longer than it should have. Anyways, Vote: Ruby XIII. It was between that or Crimson.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Whoosh, that was probably longer than it should have. Anyways, Vote: Ruby XIII. It was between that or Crimson.

Ok, I can see why you're voting me, so I'm not going to flip-out or anything.

The posting without abstaining did look somewhat scummy, and I do admit to this, much as I didn't want it to appear that way.

And then Abstaining once everyone else did, also, kinda scummy. >_<; Ok, so I'm not doing well as a player, so if you want to lynch me, it's my fault for appearing so scummy Day 1.

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
1. The Eleventh................. Abstain
2. pokemon-expert-chris... Ruby XIII
3. YDT................................ Abstain
4. SoulDialga.....................
5. Ponymon....................... Abstain
6. The Meddler..................
7. ansem the wise............ Abstain
8. Bullkid............................
9. Monster Guy.................. Abstain
10. MarshtompMan............
11. Infernobat................... Abstain
12. kingsley.......................
13. Ruby XIII..................... Abstain
14. Digipoke..................... Abstain
15. SpyroxPikachu............
16.Fireray.........................
17. GalladeofSpades.........
18. Crimson Penguin......... Abstain
19. Sir DJ...........................
20. {(•)___(•)}.................
21. Stereotypical Nerd.......
22. Tumnus........................
23. Shazdar....................... Abstain
24. Mawile412...................
25. Armando Payne...........
26. WizardTrubbish............

Total:

Ruby XIII-1
Abstain-10

Mawile412

Problem
It's pretty early to decide who we should vote, and we don't really have much evidence against anyone so

Vote: Abstain

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Alright, let me start with an evaluation of the roles and what I think should be done in the first few night phases based on that. I want to do this so that the discussion about strategy is settled and we can move on to scumhunting. If you disagree with something I say please feel free to argue.

There are two investigative roles: Umbreon, and Marril. The real useful one here is Umbreon, since he can not only see the role but who they are targetting. This is especially useful when Umbreon finds an evil player, because an evil player will use their actions on their teammates or on a town player depending on what it is. What I'm trying to say is don't ignore the person they targetted. If for example you find Tepig, then the person they injured is most likely town, so you learned not only that someone who tepig is but also who a town is. Marril, on the other hand, can't tell if they're trying to help the person or harm the person that they visited, so whoever it is would have to do some deep thinking about it.

There are two protective roles: Lucario and Frosslass. Use your abilities on people that talk alot since those are likely to be noticed by mafia and seen as threats. Of course, only use it if you think that person is town. Remember when no one dies, it doesn't mean that it's because you saved someone. Mafia could have been roleblocked or the other protective role could have been the one to protect correctly.

There are four role-blockers: Dugtrio, Heracros Garchomp Escavalier. I'm putting Escavalier here because I believe he should focus on preventing night actions rather than preventing people from voting (more on that later though). Since there are so many roleblockers it is likely that a mafia is hit sooner or later so that's pretty good. Just try not to get Umbreon, because that would suck x10.

There are four role-cancellers: Luxray, Giratina, Boldore, Hypno. This is where I might get disagreement, but I do not believe that these should use their powers if they can avoid it. The reason is simple: there are too many and the odds is that a town will get cancelled. If we get -4 or even -3 we are at a huge disadvantage. Furthermore there are many roles that get activated after they are targetted and it's not worth risking hitting those roles. Boldore should /never/ use it in my opinion. Gaining a vote is always better than cancelling a vote since you know it will be for a town player and it's pretty much the same thing if you look at it that way.

There are four killing roles: Whirlipede, Machop, Gligar, Slaking. I know some can't avoid it, but those that do try not to do anything for the first few nights. Killing an important town role is devastating so in my opinion better wait and be safe than sorry. After the first couple of days when the mafia get a little more obvious feel free to try and shoot someone but please be wary.

There are two exection-stoppers: Victini and Venasaur. Well, not much to say here. If you feel something is wrong, it probably is. Follow your gut but don't overuse it. Remember, lynching is how we kill mafia.

I thought you had to use your abilities every day/night. You can choose not to?

The Meddler

Never Forget
i think it depends on the ability.

Yeah, based off of Epicmafia, quite a few roles you can decide not to use them, but some you have to(like the Killer). Though it's been awhile since I've played a fongermafia where I didn't die night 1, so he might do things differently.

Anyways, I'm sure that I am not the only one who is interested in your ample evidence that you claim to have. Telling us that you have suspicions and evidence without outing them does absolutely nothing.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Yeah, based off of Epicmafia, quite a few roles you can decide not to use them, but some you have to(like the Killer). Though it's been awhile since I've played a fongermafia where I didn't die night 1, so he might do things differently.

Anyways, I'm sure that I am not the only one who is interested in your ample evidence that you claim to have. Telling us that you have suspicions and evidence without outing them does absolutely nothing.

*sits in chair*
"does nothing" for whom?
on the contrary, your reactions have given all players a better grip on the scenario.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I just thought of something. Since ansem keeps claiming that he has some sort of evidence on us, but doesn't want to reveal it, is it possible that he could have a day action that would give him more information? Just a wild guess.

The Meddler

Never Forget
*sits in chair*
"does nothing" for whom?
on the contrary, your reactions have given all players a better grip on the scenario.

*sits in chair for absolutely no reason aswell*

Does nothing for us, the town. Frankly, withholding information is scummy. The fact that you made the bold boast that it's ample evidence is what makes it even more sinister that you're not sharing what you suspect.

Vote: ansem the wise