1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Magazines

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by PsyduckTM, Feb 2, 2013.

1. PsyduckTM

PsyduckTM I've got a headache!

Can you guys recommend some good print magazines that are purely based on Pokemon? I usually get my Pokemon news on Serebii's site, the official Pokemon website, and StriatonRadio Podcast but I'd like to subscribe to a magazine if they still print new issues in english.

Thanks for the help!
    Psy Aye Aye

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I can't speak for other English-speaking territories, but there are no American magazines devoted solely to Pokémon.

3. Shaylup

Shaylup debeo capere omnes

In England there is Pocket World, which used to be called Pokemon World. It is still predominantly Pokemon but also other monster-based franchises. I also find it quite juvenile and stopped reading it a couple of years ago.

4. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Well, England's Pocket World is the only "Pokémon only" that I know of. Many Nintendo Mags will cover Pokémon when it is appropriate for them to do so.

Well, since The Dandy stopped Printing, I believe there won't be that many Paper Mags around.

Anyway, I was a Beano Kid myself.

5. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Well there are many in Japan, but, hardly any mags outside. If at all they are, they would be too childish or not printed at proper intervals ( most of them would have stopped after the fad ended ). Your better off using Serebii.

6. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

America used to have Beckett Magazines but they stopped making those back around DPPt

7. dragonskull

dragonskull Dark trainer

There has been an official magazine for the pokémon franchise in both the U.S. and U.K. but it never got further than 2 or 3 actual releases since it's popularity was so low it wasn't economically worth it.