• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mage Discussion Thread

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Approved by Razor Leaf.

Since this is an open-ended game where I'll leave it up to you to discover or build the overall plot, this thread is for discussion on where to go and what could be done. Basically I have the stage set up for all of us to make the story grow as we go along. If you have any questions about what's going on, feel free to ask away. I have a lot of background info, stories, and even secrets to tap into, whatever becomes relevant, plus I love working with ideas that come up spontaneously. I'd like this game to be about character development, and fun too.

Link to SU thread here.

I'll try to keep the first few posts of the discussion thread up to date with discovered information and such. In the game itself for now, we're waiting on the last guardian to be called, then the novices will go back to meet up with their families, or whoever brought them to Littleroot. The game will open up past that to whatever we want to do. However, there is a problem already there, as you may have noticed the mentions of an odd spirit and a strange song.

Also waiting on one last player; we've been working on a special character.

Common Knowledge and News

This section may mention your accomplishments in the future!

The current Magic Champion of Hoenn is Steven Stone with his Metagross guardian. The current Trainer Champion of Hoenn is May Birch, the daughter of Professor Birch; she's not a mage or wizard, but is respected for her skills all the same.

Upcoming Event: A couple of days after the guardian summoning ceremony, a new Gym Leader named Norman will be inducted into the League at his Gym in Petalburg. Part of this includes a battle between the current Magic Champion and the new Leader (so it will be partly a battle demo). However, it's rumored that the new Leader won't be accepting low-level challengers for some time.

There is a group in Hoenn that claims that the current hierarchy of wizards and the Pokemon Leagues is a conspiracy to keep power within a chosen few, but many believe them to be grasping at straws. It is unknown where the group operates out of; in fact, much about them is uncertain.

There's a local legend about the lake on Route 120, that if you go to the island cave on a new or full moon, you might end up in a nightmarish dungeon run by a cruel ghost and will die if you don't escape by dawn. The truth of this is uncertain, as contradictory reports exist about what's really there.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Master Spell List

This is primarily for moves and spells that are unique to this setting, or those that gain additional effects.

Detect Magic: Normal type. It's exactly what it sounds like, a spell that can detect enchantments and other active magics. Mastery of this spell will identify the enchantment too. This spell is commonly used as one of the tests of magic potential.

Mail: Flying type. Mail can be used to send a letter to anyone the sender knows the name of. It can only be used for lightweight papers, can be intercepted, and can be blocked, so there is some risk of sending a message this way. However, it is one of the most commonly used spells, even by regular people, due to its convenience.

Surf: Water type. When used by humans, it allows the caster to stand or walk on water surfaces. Movement speed doesn't change and since exhaustion can lead to falling in and drowning, crossing with a swimming Pokemon is still preferred.

Teleport: Psychic type. The caster can teleport anywhere within range of sight. Skilled use will allow for teleportation through objects such as most walls, but the range remains the same. Most recommend learning this spell under someone who has mastered it as accidents can be quite painful.

Fly: Flying type. For humans, the caster can teleport to an outdoors landmark they remember. However, it must be of a range longer than Teleport. Maximum range depends on skill.

Demon Pokemon

Demon Pokemon seek to bring chaos into the world. However, they rarely do this directly. They prefer to seek out humans and other Pokemon, mislead them and have them cause trouble. Sometimes they can possess others, but most victims of demons are in full control of themselves. They simply have a corrupt adviser at their side.

Most of the demon Pokemon that will appear can be captured in a Pokeball, like any other Pokemon. Although they have the Demon type, most modern technology and magic cannot detect that type directly. They will appear as secondary types; a Demon/Fire Pokemon would appear as a Fire Pokemon, or maybe Fire/Flying or whatever would fool others best. If you have a demon in your party, it might be willful and disobedient, or it might be friendly to earn your trust so it can tempt you into corruption. But its goal is always chaos and corruption of the current world.

Spells of the Demon type will cause most guardians to feel uneasy; younger guardians will likely be frightened. But beware: a demon can corrupt a guardian into misleading its partner if it can remain hidden. There are various folklores about how to lure a demon Pokemon into revealing its true self, from trying to get it to step on a site sacred to a Pokemon deity (which mostly works) to reciting math and logic puzzles as it will not like such orderly things (only works on specific demons).

This is a list of Demon-type Pokemon that I'll be using. Like with the Pokedex, I'll reveal more information as the demons are discovered.

D01: Lokire- the only pure Demon type Pokemon, as it is the original Demon. It is on the same level as Pokemon deities, which leads Lokire to being referred to as the Devil Pokemon. Lokire cannot be caught.

According to legends, when the Creator of All crafted order from the original state of chaos, it could not completely eliminate the power of chaos. To keep it from unraveling all of creation, Lokire was given a name and thus forced into a weaker more ordered form. Lokire was furious and has sought ever since to undo the world to return the power of chaos. Often associated with the form of a three-headed snake.

D02: ????

D03: ????

D04: Anvistrom- Location: Mount Chimney

D05: ????

D06: ????

D07: ????

D08: ????

D09: ????

D10: ????

D11: ????

D12: ????

D13: ????

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Sorry for dumping more info on you guys! But really, this is what I normally work with.

As I posted earlier, we need to finish up the guardian summoning before I let you go fully. I do have the event with Norman taking over the Gym planned for a few days after (mostly for show), but me posting that would depend on if any character decides to go see the public side of it. Or private; there's a character or two who might be able to get access to the League's discussion on that day. Many of the League members will be at that event; I plan on at least Norman, Drake, Steven, Wallace, and Winona being there.

If your character has a particular connection to an important NPC, you do have permission to use that character freely. Just know that I might step in and add on to their words or actions. Although in the case of novices seeking a master to apprentice under, be careful in how you use the master until I okay the apprenticeship.

What I plan on doing... well Monster Guy is going to get an interesting result from that Detect Magic spell. And we'll see what happens in Littleroot...

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Finally, a discussion thread for this is up! I'm overall glad for this, as it'll lead to many possible scenario's. Still working on the Spell List Ysavvryl.

Anyways for me, once Littleroot is over I plan on Marie heading towards Mt. Pyre, in order to rendezvous with Pheobe, and start her training. I think I might attempt the route 120 dungeon first after her training begins.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
What I plan on doing... well Monster Guy is going to get an interesting result from that Detect Magic spell. And we'll see what happens in Littleroot...

Oh goody. :)

Now, on the subject of possible masters for Tim to apprentice under, there are three that I can think of.

Flannery uses Sun
Wallace/Juan uses Rain
Glacia uses Hail

Of those three, Tim would probably like Flannery the best... Can't he work with all three of them? xD

Last edited:

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
Unless Monster has a problem with it, I plan on having Elmeigh emerge from Fiery Path somewhat near the vicinity of Tim. I'll likely have it up around lunch time tomorrow.

EDIT: Finished; just need an A-OK with MG and a bit of revising to add details, and I'm ready.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Oh, goody, a discussion thread!

I'm not sure what to do with Jo yet once she calms her ass down a little, heh. Depending on what happens in Littleroot she might stay there longer, or go investigate one of the strange phenomena occurring all over.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I am reading everything, but there's only so much I can reply to at the moment.

To Agent Tectonic and Monster Guy: Fiery Path has a lot more steam than usual; smells like sulfur. Also, there are landslide warnings in the area around Mount Chimney at the moment, due to the excessive rain.

To anyone who's character is in Littleroot: If you want a better idea of what the strange spirit's song sounds like, listen to what inspired it here. As a warning, it's a pretty crazy audio glitch...

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
I am reading everything, but there's only so much I can reply to at the moment.

To Agent Tectonic and Monster Guy: Fiery Path has a lot more steam than usual; smells like sulfur. Also, there are landslide warnings in the area around Mount Chimney at the moment, due to the excessive rain.

To anyone who's character is in Littleroot: If you want a better idea of what the strange spirit's song sounds like, listen to what inspired it here. As a warning, it's a pretty crazy audio glitch...

Thanks for the extra info. I figured that there would be more steam, but the sulfur smell and signs are some details I may need to add. Now to go back and polish my soon-to-be post a bit.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Okay, most of the novices should have left the lab by the time the dark fairy Pokemon shows up. The encounter's mostly meant for Birch, Ithero, Marie, and May. For those of you left to deal with it, it is using only three song-attacks, Confuse Ray, Confusion, and a third spell that may confuse everyone in the room (even itself). When attacked, it seems to be a Ghost-type. Birch is nearly exhausted, but Basil can use Aromatherapy which will clear up the confusion.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Sorry I haven't posted lately, my birthday came up recently and I've gotten into a few new games (namely Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and a couple HD Collections).

I do intend to post soonish but I'm beastly tired right now from staying up so late (much later than I expected in fact).

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Well happy belated birthday then, Andy!

I would like to see some more activity too. I know it can be a bit daunting with a basically sandbox game going on. But, think on it and there's plenty to be done. For one thing, the novices in Littleroot probably didn't come alone. They might have family or friends that helped them get there, so interacting with those people would be great. You can also work with one of the story NPCs; I don't mind others controlling them. Canon characters would have their regular personalities. Original characters of mine, like Vincent or Caine, you can start a conversation with them and I'll display their general personality type in their responses. Build from there. If you need to know something particular to keep a decent dialogue, just ask in here. I like questions.

The dark fairy Pokemon won't be around too much longer. It's outnumbered, and in some cases out-powered, so it will prefer to bolt the next time I post.

Also, since Anvistrom was mentioned, its name is now in the demon information.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Oh, that really was his name? I thought that was more gibberish. xD What kind of troll demon signs their name when they make mischief? xD

Anywho, Tim is way too nervous to fight that thing on his own...

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
One who knows that demonology is not a well-known subject. Or maybe one that's really vain. haha, well it was the only other bit in letters rather than symbols. Besides, even if I tell you, that doesn't mean that Tim will know that it's more than nonsense.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Man, didn't notice this thread for some reason.

Anyway, been a bit busy with homework and stuff. Should be able to throw a post later today.

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
I don't think there should be a problem with this being a double post, but I know I've been lacking in a post. I haven't forgotten. Between a test yesterday, and some writing commitments I've promised, I should have a post up by Saturday.