• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mage (PG-13)

Titan500

Solar Panels
Novice Mage - Arthur Mason
Littleroot Town

Arthur yawned, stretching his arms out as he walked out of the lab into the fresh air of Littleroot Town, Rhys the Rhyhorn in tow. It was rather surprising how nonchalant he was, despite just having experienced one of the most important events in his life. Although it could have been the adrenaline failing to wear off, especially as he was incredibly twitchy prior to the ceremony that summoned his guardian. Said guardian however, was not as calm-seeming as the young mage, and was energetically bounding around, awed by the beauty of the small town that surrounded them. It was actually rather comical, watching a large creature curiously poking at everything in its sight.

"Pretty excitable, aren't you?" said Arthur, a smile present on his face. "So a Rhyhorn eh? Never really expected my guardian to be something like ya."

He dropped down into a crouch, prodding at the stony beast's horn.

"Still, it'll be awesome being your partner," he continued. "We're going to take the world by storm, aren't we?"

Rhys snorted amusedly, gently pushing the teenage mage's hand away from him, and continued to nudge at a flower. Having only just come into being as a corporal entity, the Rhyhorn had never really experienced flowers before, so the scent and feel of the beautiful plants was an entirely new experience for him.

"Oh yeah," said the teenager, remembering something as he pulled out a Pokeball, releasing the creature inside. "Rhys, meet Trilo - he's my Anorith. Trilo, meet Rhys - he's gonna be your new friend from now on."

The lazy insect gazed up at the larger creature, and slowly waved a pincer in greeting. Rhys nodded quietly in return, before heading back to his inspection of the flower.

Arthur clapped his hands together. "Well then! Greetings are finished, so any idea where to go first?"

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Littleroot, Birch's lab

The dark fairy's attacks were a little wild, not always hitting who they were aimed for. Not only that, but Basil was able to fluff up the petals around his neck and cause a soothing floral scent to spread through the lab. It started to correct the confusion states that had been inflicted. The fairy made a clamor like a box full of bells being toppled onto the floor, then flew through the walls and out of the lab. It paused for a moment at the north end of Littleroot, making a disgruntled fuss before fleeing into the trees.

Glacia came into the lab. “What happened in here?” the foreign wizard asked.

“A noisy demon managed to give itself form,” Brawly explained, helping his adopted younger brother back to his feet. “You all right?” he added quietly.

“They must have a strong hold in the land already if it could enter this way,” Birch said, now leaning on his Meganium. “I think it's the only one, but I have no idea what it was.”

“Drake wasn't sure either, but he only saw its spirit,” Glacia said, putting a hand to her chin in thought. “He also said that the only person in Hoenn that knew much about demons and he still trusted was someone named Alistair Cain.”

“Oh, Mr. Cain?” May asked. “I saw him just this morning, on Route 101 close to Oldale. He might still be there. But, I couldn't go get him now.” She had to stick around and make sure that her father took a rest soon.

“We should go talk to him then,” Glacia said, but then she turned to Brawly. “Although you should be getting back to Dewford soon, shouldn't you? Has anything changed over there?”

The silver-haired Leader shook his head. “No. Any attempts to figure out what kind of magic is in place end up either causing pain or ruining spellbooks. I heard Flannery has the same problem, in that we can't get a record of the detection without it being instantly destroyed.”

“Something's got to work,” Glacia said.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Ithero Despar – Wizard
Littleroot Town Lab

Coming out of confused status inflicted by a pokemon attack is never fun. Ithero groaned to himself as he clutched his head as it throbbed angrily. If this was what it felt like to have a hangover, he would never get himself drunk if this was what it would feel like. He felt something prod nudge his side and he cracked open one of his eyes to glare bitterly at the offender and saw Rizanel who scooted back after seeing that he had his attention. The glare softened a bit, but Ithero was still grouchy and quietly said, “I’m going to need peace and quiet. This simply won’t do, having a splitting headache. So much for discussing things with professor.”

Ithero sighed quietly and struggled to stand up before cringing as his headache made him feel a bit dizzy. It didn’t help that things seemed to move in front of him even though he was standing still so he stumbled a bit to a quiet area that the professor usually had when someone needed to research something or nap in it, he knew that at least one of the aides usually slacked off in there so he was sure professor would cut him some slack as he tried to soothe his headache. Razanel made no noises as he followed Ithero, but he was still a bit wary about the pokemon that had escaped, even though he couldn’t feel it anymore. Ithero stumbled into the small room and collapsed onto the couch and said quietly, “Just kill me now oh deity gods, put me out of my misery.”

Razanel shook his head at the sheer stupidity that seemed to linger in Ithero, whether it was from the headaches or remnants of the confuse ray, he would never know. He lazily padded up to him and bopped him on the head with his paw, causing Ithero to groan loudly as his head throbbed even more. Ithero threw a withering gaze at Rizanel who only smirked back at him and hissed at him, “You’re going to pay for that as soon as I feel better.” Rizanel only smirked even more before moving away from him and sat down near the couch, maintaining a stoic lookout for him as Ithero laid on the couch.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
Takusen
Birch's Lab

Takusen was sprawled out along the floor, the room around him spinning violently. He could hear the fairy's clamor of frustration and see it fly through the wall, though the circles he thought he saw it fly in made him begin to feel a faint bout motion sickness. He then smelled a sweet aroma and soon the spinning of the room slowed to a standstill.

“What happened in here?” Asked a woman's voice.

“A noisy demon managed to give itself form,” explained Brawly as he helped Takusen to his feet and quietly asking, “You all right?”

"Now that every thing stopped spinning," commented Takuesen, as he attempted to steady himself on Jet's fin.

“They must have a strong hold in the land already if it could enter this way,” Birch said, “I think it's the only one, but I have no idea what it was.”

“Drake wasn't sure either, but he only saw its spirit,” Glacia said, putting a hand to her chin in thought. “He also said that the only person in Hoenn that knew much about demons and he still trusted was someone named Alistair Cain.”

“Oh, Mr. Cain?” May asked. “I saw him just this morning, on Route 101 close to Oldale. He might still be there. But, I couldn't go get him now.”

“We should go talk to him then,” Glacia said, but then she turned to Brawly. “Although you should be getting back to Dewford soon, shouldn't you? Has anything changed over there?”

Brawly shook his head. “No. Any attempts to figure out what kind of magic is in place end up either causing pain or ruining spellbooks. I heard Flannery has the same problem, in that we can't get a record of the detection without it being instantly destroyed.”

“Something's got to work,” Glacia said.

Takusen folded his arms and said, "Onii-chan we still have one thing we could try, though I'm not entirely sure it will work," he looked at Brawly who gave a silent nod. "We could try my Water Sight. Ever since I was a child I would have visions of the future, and my water sight is something I developed to help control it."

Kenshin poked his head out from his hiding spot to see if the danger was gone. Noticing the coast being clear he began hopping back towards his mage partner. Takusen crouched down to pick him up before continuing.

"I'd need some sort of body of water, a pond or even a small pool could work. Oh and of course some time to meditate," Takuesen sighed before continuing, "It might not be successful, but it would at least be worth a shot."

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
Short post is short. I'm rusty and have never been one to do introductions well so. . .

Elmeigh Soreen
Route 112

It didn't take long for the kid to notice her which is good. At least he was observant. That was the thinking up until he tripped himself up and fell into the mud. He had been staring at what appeared to have been his spellbook before seeing her, perking her interest. Covering the last bit of ground between the two, she was able to see that there were two Castform floating around. She didn't have to guess long to understand that he was a weather mage. Up close, he looked rather young in the face, yet the rest of him screamed experience despite is rather obvious klutziness. He was easily half a foot shorter than her and his clothes spoke that he cared less for appearance.

He tried wiping the mud away from his face, but the rest of him was caked all over his clothes.

“Ugh, the first person I see in a while, and he's a klutz. Course.” Elmeigh said as the boy in front of her got up. “What the hell bring you out here in this weather?”

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Timothy "Tim" Wolfe - Mage
Route 112

“Ugh, the first person I see in a while, and he's a klutz. Course.” The girl said as Tim got up.

At this, Tim frowned, and blushed a little. It wasn't the first time he'd tripped and made a fool of himself. It also wasn't the first time he had been called a klutz either, but that didn't make this situation any less embarrassing. His guardian let out a small yelp, and hid behind her partner's back, and was as nervous as he was, even though she hadn't done anything. Casty tilted his head, but didn't say anything.

“What the hell bring you out here in this weather?”

"Um...s-s-studying..." Tim said quietly. He kept his head down and avoided making eye contact, as if he were speaking to a teacher in school who had scolded him for doing something wrong. "Um... I'm sure you already know, but uh... there's been... strange weather out here..."

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Lucas Serenes - Novice Mage
Route 101

Lucas was walking through Route 101, which was still as windy as before, on route to Oldale Town alongside Ryuka and Eevee. As the wind suddenly picked up Lucas placed his hand on his hat to keep it from getting blown off stating "It doesn't look like this wind has let up at all since last time."

"Vee!" Eevee exclaimed, annoyed as his fur was blowing around in the wind.

Ryuka was focusing on the road they were walking on when something caught his eye, prompting him to call out to Lucas.

"What is it Ryuka?" Lucas asked before looking in the direction Ryuka was pointing. When he noticed what Ryuka was pointing at Lucas curiously walked up to it to get a closer look.

What Lucas saw was a bird like Pokemon with black, white, and red feathers on the ground. "It's a Taillow!" Lucas exclaimed, but he then noticed something was wrong, "It looks like it's hurt though."

When the Taillow noticed Lucas approaching it appeared weary of him at first until he crouched down and said "It's okay, we're not gonna hurt you, alright?" He then extended a hand out to the Taillow asking it "You're hurt aren't you? Please let me help you."

Taillow then stared into the calm and innocent look in Lucas' eyes for a moment before deciding to approach Lucas' hand.

Lucas saw this as an act of acceptance as he picked up the Taillow and asked it "You tried to fly against the strong winds didn't you? Is that how you got hurt?"

Taillow nodded in response, indicating that is indeed what happened.

Lucas gave Taillow a reassuring smile and told it "Don't worry, were almost to Oldale Town. Once we get to the Pokemon Center there you'll be all better in no time!" He then started towards Oldale Town with Taillow in his arms and with Ryuka and Eevee following close behind.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Arthur Mason - Mage
Route 101

"Fresh country air!" said Arthur cheerfully as he strode along the path that connected Littleroot Town to Oldale. "It's pretty different to the salty breeze of Lilycove, isn't it, Trilo?"

The aforementioned fossil Pokemon, who was sitting on his shoulder, turned away from a rather large leaf to give him a small nod. It was obvious that the Anorith was not paying any attention to the air of the region, especially when such a beautiful leaf was right in front of him; whenever there was foliage around, there was absolutely no chance of distracting the insect away. Really, it had been pointless for Arthur to ask his Pokemon, but he had done so anyway - it would be boring travelling with companions and not talking at all, even if said companions weren't capable of speaking the human language.

"Anyway, Rhys. Tell me about yourself."

There was no reply from the Rhyhorn, which was obvious, as it had previously been a floating spirit of some sort that had successfully coalesced into a solid creature only hours before. It had absolutely no history to speak of, meaning that it could not actually tell Arthur anything important. Yet the teenager really wanted to make conversation - walking quietly along the path was really, really boring. Sure, attempting to make conversation with creatures that didn't speak Human and could only respond non-verbally was hard, especially when the questions asked didn't give much room for replying, but hey, a guy could try, couldn't he?

"This is uh, a bit pointless, isn't it?"

There were two simple nods from his companions.

"Yeah, I figured."