• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon manga newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpokefan63

I read manga and have just found out there is Pokemon manga, where is best to start? Are they really just for children like the other Pokemon books? Is the storyline interesting? Are there any Pokemon books for young adults?

Thank you!

Last edited:

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
Pokémon mangas are great and way better than the anime. The maturity level is usually at least as high as for the main games. I recommend you try many different Pokémon mangas.
I did a decent post here (in my opinion), that explains what English Pokémon mangas are available.

There are some errors in the post though:

1. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team is VIZ exclusive. (Actually the only VIZ exclusive Pokémon manga, Chuang Yi has published all other Pokémon mangas that VIZ has published and more).
2. Currently 43 volumes of Pokémon Adventures have been published in Japan (42when I made that old post) and 40 volumes have been published in Singapore. It looks like the writer of that post has confused VIZ's mini-volumes with the full volumes and more volumes have been published since that post.
3. All That Pikachu! Ani-manga isn't a manga, just a compilation of screenshots from the first two Pikachu shorts with speech bubbles edited in = bs.
4. VIZ has since then announced that they will publish a lot more Pokémon Adventures volumes. You can read more about that here.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I'd start off with Pokemon Adventures. It has a compelling storyline and the action is much grittier than what you see in the anime.

If you watched the first few seasons of the anime then I would also suggest the Electric Tale of Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.