• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Masters in the manga

Pokemon.Manga

Does anyone think Kusaka will incorporate elements of Pokemon Masters in the manga? I think it has a lot of story potential. There is the new team with team Break , The region of Pasio and the main characters that can be adapted as the Dex Holders as well. I don't think it needs it's own chapter but I think some elemnts can be adapted. Any thoughts?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I wouldn't be surprised. He's incorporated stuff from Pokemon spin-offs and the TCG like Todd from Pokemon Snap and Sird from Team Rocket Returns.

G-SANtos

Masters is a spin-off, not a main series game. PokeSpe only adapts main series games, not spin-offs. You can even see that in the fact that it has never adapted Colosseum and XD, which were the spin-offs that were the most similar to the main series. Technically, Kusaka's Ranger manga are set in the same universe as PokeSpe, and the first one was even directly referenced in the Platinum arc for Manaphy's backstory, but they are not published in PokeSpe volumes.

That said, I do think we could see Red wearing his Masters clothes, and maybe some Sygna Suits appearing in PokeSpe if we ever see previous characters again. Maybe we might even see Professor Hinagiku if she is referenced or appears in main series games. Heck, maybe we could even get cameos from the protagonists and rival. But we will NOT get a Masters arc.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Masters is a spin-off, not a main series game. PokeSpe only adapts main series games, not spin-offs. You can even see that in the fact that it has never adapted Colosseum and XD, which were the spin-offs that were the most similar to the main series. Technically, Kusaka's Ranger manga are set in the same universe as PokeSpe, and the first one was even directly referenced in the Platinum arc for Manaphy's backstory, but they are not published in PokeSpe volumes.

That said, I do think we could see Red wearing his Masters clothes, and maybe some Sygna Suits appearing in PokeSpe if we ever see previous characters again. Maybe we might even see Professor Hinagiku if she is referenced or appears in main series games. Heck, maybe we could even get cameos from the protagonists and rival. But we will NOT get a Masters arc.
That's what this thread is about. It's not talking about if Pokemon Masters will be adapted into a chapter but elements that can be incorporated into a chapter like Sword & Shield which now that I think about it lol, the official costumes that Pokemon Masters offer for a variety of trainers would be a good excuse for the writer and artist to have returning trainers not only return much older but wearing different clothings.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I can't see why not, but it's not going to be anything grandiose. Pokespe primarily adapts the main series games. That's how it's always been, that's how it'll always be. Most likely, that is.

Masters having its own region or villain team doesn't indicate anything. Several side games have those, and they're almost never brought up here.

And unless they can actually add something to the story, bringing back characters just to show off new costumes is a complete waste of time. Pokespe is not in a good place right now, and while it's getting better (hopefully), the last thing it needs is something to bring it back down. If we wanted to see fancy special outfits, then Yamamoto can just make special extra artwork like he usually does.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
At best I can see some references to the Masters region or one of the Masters main characters being side characters ala Todd Snap