• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokemon more interesting.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Im taking a poll around to all the pokemon Fans and I want to know what the writters could do to make the show more interesting.

This is in spoilers because possible capyure thoughts and story line spoilers.

PaulFan1517

Well first of all they can add an actual plot line to the story... a creative one. And don't give that crap that it is a show for little kids and it doesn't need a plot. I can think of other "kids shows" that have a plot. Pokemon needs to stop with these useless fillers. Ocassional fillers are fine but I think pokemon has set a record for japanese anime shows with the most fillers.

I am serious I don't think there is a japansese anime show in history with more fillers and repetition than pokemon.

I can't think of anything else for now but I will talk more later.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Cut the fillers. I don't care if it's for kids, make an actual plotline. Cut the fillers and unless there is a Pokemon capture, evolution, or significant battle, I really don't want to see the filler eppy. Now, make Team Galactic a plot. Make the series actually quite interesting. It's doable.

Also, Give Ash a Riolu and have it get lots of screentime. Maybe they can have a multiple episode arc where Riolu has to step up to save Ash's life from a Team Galactic member.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Let Ash age. I read a study somewhere that kids prefer teen hero's (because it gives them someone older to look up to).

Get rid of Team Rocket for a while. I know they're popular, but they're basically there to fill up the episode. Losing them might force the wriers to use the time for actual plot.

Let Ash pull old Pokemon out of storage. I know he wants to give the D/P team it's due, but right now he could use some extra firepower.

Double the animation budget, at least.

Do more Hoso/Chronicles (without Butch and Cassidy, if possible). Let's see what everyone else is up to.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
1.) Make it more like the manga (the manga. THE fecking manga. There's only one damn manga.), which is obviously the be-all, end-all of anything pokémon related.

2.) Have Ash catch and evolve something every single episode, because that's all we fans ever seem to talk about. And for good reason too - because it'd make the show better.

3.) Give Ash a love interest which recieves more focus than the pokémon battling, pokémon breeding, pokémon contests, or anything even remotely related to the pokémon themselves, because they don't really matter.

4.) Every single pokémon's voice should consist of pre-recorded sound-effects from real animals. Pikachu would be better if he sounded like an actual mouse.

5.) No humour what-so-ever, as it makes the show childish. Unless it's adult humour of course.

6.) Charizard, Bulbasaur and Squirtle should be on Ash's team constantly. He doesn't need to keep catching new pokémon, and those three are the only ones you should really care about anyway.

7.) Put in tons of mature story elements. Huh, wuzzat? What do I mean by 'mature'? Well....it should be obvious. You're telling me you don't know what makes something mature? Pitiful.

8.) Have as few frames of animation as possible, so that if the fans don't like how something is written, it can be changed easily.

9.) Have Brock catch more pokémon, because anyone with half a brain should be able to understand how Brock having a Chimchar would greatly enhance his character.

You expected anything less?

Get rid of Team Rocket for a while. I know they're popular, but they're basically there to fill up the episode. Losing them might force the wriers to use the time for actual plot.

Actually I think Team Rockets popularity went down becuase they haven't changed and keep doing the same thing over and over agian. Any ways I like the idea of a new love intrest, I suggest Anabel or Zoey, those would be different. And I thought Ash was a teen.

Insanity_X

I am serious I don't think there is a japansese anime show in history with more fillers and repetition than pokemon.
thats funny because i can. Naruto (i know that this is the wrong forum but...) it had a year (if not more) of solid fillers.

but in an on topic note it think that they should have less character of the day fillers. they do get dull after watching 'ash meets [insert character's name here], [insert character's name here] has a problem, Ash and co. help [insert character's name here] with the problem, everything goes back to normal and the narrator talks about how ash and co made a new (and never mentioned again) friend.

Last edited:

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Actually I think Team Rockets popularity went down becuase they haven't changed and keep doing the same thing over and over agian. Any ways I like the idea of a new love intrest, I suggest Anabel or Zoey, those would be different. And I thought Ash was a teen.

Since we're not seeing May for a while, I was thinking Nanako (Casey). She's a Johto-introduced character, so...

Or Dawn, but pairing either her or Zoey with Ash ruins any chance of AppealShipping

Last edited:
Besides less repetative fillers, maybe not show Team Rocket in EVERY single episode and movie. Give them a break once in while or let them do something else besides repeating their motto and trying to kidnap pokemon to give to Giovanni who don't even remember their names.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Gravy, have I ever told you I love you?

To be honest, to get Pokemon 'interesting', they've done an alright job for D/P I guess. Nothing can be as boring as late Houen was, just after Juan's Gym Battle. Sorry, unless you lived through the new episode's containing that god awful 'wacky' music (Gravy knows the music I mean. :|) you can't ever understand the horror.

To be honest, they really needed to give Dawn an interesting rival. I really don't like Zoey, and tbh Kengo irks me a lot. A massive departure from the cocky and sauve Shuu, and the hilarious Harley. Dawn just fangirls over Zoey way too much, XD

That said, they shouldn't have tried to copy Shuu/Harley. That said I just don't like 'friendly' rivals.

Introduce Claypass into the anime would make it awesome. Imagine every episode, Claypass would get the gang into hilarious and wacky situations. It could even be a possible love interest for Dawn, and could be as dark and emo as Shinji to give him the badass angle.

Rapiido

How to make it better? Simple.

Put a mind controller in Muku.BIRD's brain, then put a voicebox down its throat and give Gravy the microphone. I would pay to watch that on TV.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Oh, you've said it plenty of times Alfonso. But I'm yet to recieve any of those flowers and that has resulted in a crippling heartbreak that far outdoes the pain of applying Bonjela to a large mouth ulcer. :(

(Gravy knows the music I mean. :|) you can't ever understand the horror.
~d-dah d-d-dah d-d-dah d-duh, DUN DUUUUUN~

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
1) Have Ash show some signs of getting better as a trainer, I dont me make him supper unstoppable or anything, I just mean he's been to about 5 regions, and won a couple of Championships, And yet he's still showcased with these Novice mistakes, He gets shown up by every rival {Morrison excluded}, and though he has some Clever moments, when it comes to situations not involving Battles I think he truely is an idiot

2) Have Brock showcased as a better Character, I mean in the main group he's obviously the Smartest and Most Mature { except the girl thing}, So why is he so lame?, Show him in more battles using advanced battle tactics, and bulk his team up alittle more

3) Like Alfonso said give Dawn a non-Gay rival, I mean Harley was a fruit, but he also was funny, Zoey is just some tomboy who Dawn wants to be her big sister, and Kengo reminds me of early gary too much, some snobby jerk who cant back up his mouth

4) Have Ash's pokemon up there game, Im mean not only evolving at least one stage { Totodile, Cyndaquil, Corphish, Bulbasaur, Squirtle} But also learning more appealing move rather than the same old stale Novice level ones { Razor Leaf, Swift, Quick-Attack}, For those of us who have been watching since "Pokemon, I Choose You!" Would like to see some improvement after about 10 years

zeno48

Zaker!
I agree with Gravy 100% and I want them to get rid of Brock as well and replace him for someone new because he overstayed his welcome.

pokemaster95

King of pirates

To be honest, to get Pokemon 'interesting', they've done an alright job for D/P I guess. Nothing can be as boring as late Houen was, just after Juan's Gym Battle. Sorry, unless you lived through the new episode's containing that god awful 'wacky' music (Gravy knows the music I mean. :|) you can't ever understand the horror.

To be honest, they really needed to give Dawn an interesting rival. I really don't like Zoey, and tbh Kengo irks me a lot. A massive departure from the cocky and sauve Shuu, and the hilarious Harley. Dawn just fangirls over Zoey way too much, XD

That said, they shouldn't have tried to copy Shuu/Harley. That said I just don't like 'friendly' rivals.

Introduce Claypass into the anime would make it awesome. Imagine every episode, Claypass would get the gang into hilarious and wacky situations. It could even be a possible love interest for Dawn, and could be as dark and emo as Shinji to give him the badass angle.

I think they should have Team up battles against the bad guys like they do in the manga like Shinji and Ash vs Hunter J and bring out the power attacks I also think they need to bring back Mirage master.

uber gon

Accept Change
Have story depth similar to Kingdom Hearts.

Have a character physically hug someone.

More character development.

zeno48

Zaker!

Have a character physically hug someone.

More character development.

1.Why kingdom hearts?
2.What for?
3.everyone is getting character development excluding the pokemon.

uber gon

Accept Change
1.Why kingdom hearts?
2.What for?
3.everyone is getting character development excluding the pokemon.

1. The plot was interesting even if the same character was used.

2. Maybe it could lead to the end of a shipping. They're getting scary.

3. Well, Ash isn't getting that much.

TeddiUrsa

You mean emo-wannabe philosophical-nonsense-********-deep? KH hasn´t depth at all. It throws cliché dark-light concepts and badly thought out philosophic **** together and pretends to be mature.

I don´t want pokemon to be like that.

wolftzan

A Maelstrom Of Power
1)A truly important factor in the anime are the pokemon battles. It's true that over the years, confruntations have become more interesting and diverse. But it could be better. The trainers could show more tactic when it comes to battles.
2)A little love. It would add a certain degree of drama to the series.
3)Have Ash grow up, even if only a little. He looks almost exactly the same as when he started his adventure.