• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Morpta, be the Best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-gon

Gotta move that gear
This is Pokemon Morpta be the best 2!! I added the 2 because this is my different version. I hope this'll work.

The Morpta (pronounced Morpha) Region. The newest discovered region. It’s a very beautiful and majestic region. It is home to many Pokémon of all sorts of species and types. Its terrain is very odd, for all the different places, like volcano and iceberg, are very close together. However, it is a new region none the less. Morpta is located off the East edge of the Sinnoh region. The only way to get there is boat. Like Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, Morpta is home to many Pokémon trainers. But however, the Morpta region is very different. Instead of a league and gym leaders, Morpta has an arena. Yes the Morpta battle field is where you fight other trainers and show of your skills. There are 3 options you can do in Morpta arena. 1(You can be a fighter and enter the arena to fight other trainers. 2(You can enter the contests and show off your Pokémon’s beauty and attacks. 3(There are many regions inside Morpta, you can explore those areas. There is volcano, mountain, beach, iceberg, desert, electric field, and prairie. You can choose either one of the challenges, two, or all of them. Although, entering all three would be very tricky. So enter all three if you’re up to it. In the battles, there will be single, double, or triple battles. You may be alone or with others. You may also be partnered up with other players in the explorer group.

The Plot.
You will be a Pokémon trainer going to the Morpta battle grounds. You can enter any challenge or all of them. You will have assigned cabins to other Rpg’ers. If you and your cabin mate both do battle and/or explore, you will most likely be put together. I will choose your bunk mate, when you will battle, and who you might battle with. Also I’ll tell when contests are up and who, when, and where you will explore/with.

Battlers
You will have to fight another RPG player. You may be teamed up at times. When I signal there will be a battle it will be like this…

The voice from the speaker said, Nick and Kevin will be fighting Hugh and Ron in 5 minutes.
Then you will have to get there in your post. I will also choose the winner, so do not argue.

Contesters
If you do a contest, you will have to choose two Pokémon to enter. One is for when you show your moves to the judges in a cool way. If you get to the second round, you will battle the other trainers to the finish. So it’s pretty much like the contests from the show. I’ll signal it like this…

The contest is about to start. Please come to the arena in 2 minutes.

I will judge your moves and how you perform them. But you have to be able to do them actually. So you can’t say “Piplup used bubblebeam and hovered in the air while the bubbles circled around him!” You have to be consistent.

Explorer
Explorers are trainers who go through the areas in an amount of time. You will have about 3 minutes to get through the areas. These are the areas I listed above. Volcano, mountain, beach, iceberg, desert, electric field, and prairie. You will be graded on how fast you did it, so if you had 9 seconds left you get a 4.5 or if you had 2 minutes (which I highly doubt) you get 9.7. You will also be able to send out any or all your Pokémon for the exploration. I’ll signal who and when a group will go like this…

The explorer group Lee, Abbey, and Fred will be going to the electric field in 4 minutes.

If you’re not doing anything, like you do contests and there isn’t one going on now, you can go to an area to train or catch Pokémon, unless a group is going through it. There will be a Pokémon Center there with a PC so you can switch out Pokémon.

Person
Name: obvious
Appearance: What does s/he look like? 4-5 sentences min
Personality: What’s your character like? 5 sentences min
History: Your characters back story. 6 sentences min.

Pokémon
Up to six Pokémon, down to one.
Nickname: optional
Species: duh
Moves: 4 max
Description: Pokémon have any special clothes, colors, spots, scars, or accessories? Optional
Personality: Same for trainer. 5 sentences min.
RPG sample: Any Rpg sample. If you have none that are good, just make one up.

I will be a battler and an explorer.

Name: Xylander Darkwater

Appearance: Xylander wears some odd arrangement of clothes. He has a ragged dark top shirt with a beaten up necklace that sports a cross. He wears a black skater’s hat that has holes all over it. His pants are just plain black with a chain on the side. His height is about 5’4” and he weighs 100 lb. He also has a black skateboard that he uses all the time.

Personality: Even though Xylander dresses darkly, his personality is happy. He wants to make friends but everyone avoids him. He wants to be a good person but he doesn’t know how to show it. He’ll be fine even if he loses a battle because he never had a Pokémon. He’s happy all the time because of his past.

History: Xylander never knew his parents, because he was raised by Axel Radinas, a.k.a the Prince of Thieves. Axel always wanted Xylander to be a great thief, and Xylander was a good one too. They would always get away one a steal, and lived in an abandoned warehouse. They lived in luxury, as Axel said, for they had everything.
One night on a steal spree, they were going for a hot tub. Of course it was hard to get because it was huge. So the cops got there before they left. Luckily, Xylander had enough time to escape through a hole barely his size. Unfortunate though Axel couldn’t. He was arrested for grand theft and guilty for all charges. Xylander never saw Axel again.
Xylander then lived on the road. He took all the necessary from the hideout and left for the wild. He went to many places like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Now he goes to Morpta to have some fun.

Nickname: Toxicroak
Species: Toxicroak
Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Vacuum wave, Thunder Punch
Description: Toxicroak wears a cross necklace just like Xylander’s
Personality: Toxicroak is a very balanced Pokémon. He does like to fight and train, yet he also relaxes and has some fun. Xylander also has Toxicroak out all the time like Ash with his Pikachu. He will do anything with Xylander if Xylander is up to it. He shows himself as Xylanders best friend.

Nickname: Houndoom
Species: Houndoom
Moves: Flamethrower, Shadow ball, Dark Pulse, and Heat Wave
Description: Houndoom wears a cross necklace just like Xylander’s
Personality: Houndoom is a pretty independent type. Even though he looks equal to Xylander, he shows he can do anything by himself. He will follow Xylanders orders all the time but he will throw in some of his own moves once in a while. But not most of the time. He still likes to be with Xylander, not as much as Toxicroak and he does have fun too.

Nickname: Ninjask
Species: Ninjask
Moves: X scissors, Aerial Ace, False Swipe, and Silver Wind
Description: Ninjask wears a cross necklace just like Xylander’s
Personality: Ninjask is a very loving and fun type. He also loves to battle as much as he loves company. Ninjask always likes it when Xylander’s around. Whenever he is sent out, he goes to cuddle a bit with Xylander. Yes Xylander is fine with it. He actually kind of likes it too.

RPG Sample: From “The Capona Region”
Xylander woke up on a bright sunny day. His nice little bed was the same, as the rest of the abandoned house which is now his. He got up and grabbed his backpack and skateboard. He went down the stairs and got some milk, which is from the farmers next door. He also picked up his mysterious egg which he got a few days ago and stuffed it in his pack. He went out back to his own skate park. Well you wouldn’t call an alleyway a skate park but it was one to him. He put his pack down and skated awhile. After that he went to prof. Cork’s lab. I think I’m forgetting something. Though Xylander.
When he made it to the front door he almost walked in and remembered. “My egg!” Xylander screamed. He jumped back on his skateboard and went as fast as he could. He left it back on the ground in his house. “Hey Xylander!” said the farmer Dominic as Xylander swooped by. “Sorry can’t talk!” Xylander said hurriedly. He got back inside, grabbed his pack and zoomed back out.
He finally reached the door of the lab, out of breath. He opened the door to meet an attendant. “Hello,” she said happily. “You must be Xylander Darkwater. Right this way.”

I just wanted to and, the word count for the whole thing was 1,540!

Last edited:

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
In the world where only Pokémon exist, the legendaries were the ones who created the world. Arceus, the main creator, was bored, and felt that there need to be more excitement. So he decided to create a new continent. It will be rich in life and soil. There would be parts of the region where they were crawling with ice, and teeming with lava, also sprawled out with sand. So Arceus gathers all the legendaries together and tells them there plan. So all the legends pitch in some way. Celebi makes all the grass lands. Palkia, Kyogre, and the other waters create the lakes and rivers. Soon the whole new spot was filled with greatness. They decided to call it Morpta.

Whilst this gives a vague idea of what happened, you could do so much more to describe the land. There are enough Legendary pokemon to give them all something to do to make this a truly beautiful place. Why not explain what various groups are doing? Shaping mountains, carving valleys, these are legendary pokemon literally bringing a new location to life, think of how strong they are. Using Blizzard to freeze an entire mountain range for example. Use some creative flair and tell people who amazing this place is!

Soon scientists discover Morpta (pronounced Morpha) and sent out to search it. They soon discovered that it was a very peculiar region, as it had many different areas so close together. They then had camera people come to show. Soon everybody knew about Morpta. Especially a certain game keeper who was a Sableye.

It begs the question how an entire continent can go unnoticed for so long, and if it was just 'created' over the course of a few days, wouldn't there be a lot more concern than just 'hey a new place lets check it out'?. Again there are pokemon capable of shaping a new world, wouldn't people be terrified of what else they were capable of?

“Come one and all to the 1st annual Morpta games!” said Sableye on the T.V. “Yes here you will see many Pokémon fight it out in our Arena! Or for our contestants, there’s the explore areas for you to train! Also, there is the family Friendly Park and hotels for our crowd! So if you’re a happy fight watcher, come on down to Morpta and see these games! Or if you’re hungry for battle, come on and sign up!”

"Holy crap! There's a talking Sableye on TV! Forget this rubbish island, pokemon can talk AND get broadcast on national TV! Stop the presses THIS is news!" and so on. A Sableye just jumps on TV? How does that work exactly?

The plot: So you’re a Pokémon in the world and discover this Morpta games. You decide to sign up by coming to Morpta to join the battle. But the only way to get in is to go through one of the areas. The areas are Volcano, beach, mountains, underground, forest, iceberg, and desert.

Why would they want to do that? There are going to be hundreds of scientists and film crews there, and they are going to happen upon a stadium (why would the legendary pokemon build a stadium?) with pokemon battling each other. That's not going to raise any questions about the social skills of poemon, oh no, none at all. And what are these 'areas'? Why do you have to go through them, what exactly does this mean?

All serebii rules reply. Choose any Pokémon you want to be. Don’t worry you’ll get the chance to evolve if you want.
Also I have some other acceptations. I do not allow Ditto, Spiritomb, Sableye, or any legendary. Why you may ask? It’s because Spiritomb and Sableye have no weaknesses. Ditto can transform into any Pokémon, and legends are just legends.

Uh, yes they do have weaknesses. It's called making them. Godmoding is against the forum rules, so someone can't be invincible anyway. Any pokemon can be unbeatable if you just play it right (and by that I mean power play). Put limitations on things instead of just banning them outright.

Description: anything special about you, if not just regular stats like height/weight. 5 sentences min.

Personality: What is your Pokémon like? 4 sentences min.

History: What is your Pokémon’s past like? 6 sentences min.

Again, with the All serebii rules reply (sic) in your topic. The RPG Rules state:

The fields for Personality, Description and History (the former being mandatory) should contain at least 100 words

Sentences are not the best way to measure how much is written:

Four sentences can be short. Like this. See how short they are? Too easy.

14 words. Not enough by far.

RPG sample: Your journey through the area in your test.

Which has not been explained at all, so what should be written?

RPG sample: Draco walks up to the judge. “Ah yes Draco, Garchomp, and blah blah blah. Ok so you’ll need to go through one of the areas and defeat the boss at the end. So choose where to go.” Okay so I’m dragon-ground so I’d most likely be best at… “Volcano.” Draco replied. Okay so step to the platform and select ‘volcano.’” The judge said. Draco saw a small platform which he walked on and pressed ‘volcano.’
Draco teleported to the volcano and saw many Pokémon there. When the Pokémon noticed him they charged. Pfff amateurs. Draco thought. He used earthquake at the last second and they all disappeared.
He kept walking through the place, defeating every Pokémon he saw until he reached a cave where an arcanine dwelled. The Pokémon saw him and charged at high speeds. But Draco was quicker. He used dig to escape. The Arcanine was confused until Draco came from under him. It was apparently so strong the Arcanine almost lost. But it got back up and used flamethrower. It hit Draco directly. “Let’s finish this!” he said. He used Dragon rage to defeat Arcanine.
Draco was then teleported back to the grounds. “Congrats.” The judge said boringly. “You’re accepted to the Morpta contest.” “Alright.” Draco said.

Mmmm, that's not power playing at all is it? You defeated a horde of charging pokemon with one move, and then an Arcanine with two. Big challenge that, I can see thousands of pokemon getting into the event if that's how easy it is.

Z-gon

Gotta move that gear
Also tell me if I forgot anything.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
This is Pokemon Morpta be the best 2!! I added the 2 because this is my different version. I hope this'll work.

The Morpta (pronounced Morpha) Region. The newest discovered region. It’s a very beautiful and majestic region. It is home to many Pokémon of all sorts of species and types. Its terrain is very odd, for all the different places, like volcano and iceberg, are very close together. However, it is a new region none the less. Morpta is located off the East edge of the Sinnoh region. The only way to get there is boat. Like Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, Morpta is home to many Pokémon trainers.

How is a newly discovered region home to many pokemon trainers? Have they all been living in secret, with no radio broadcasts, electricity or anything else that may let people know they were there? A newly discovered region can't be home to lots of people, just of the coast of a known region, unless it's magical. Nor can people suddenly set up home there without years and years and years of exploring, testing and building.

But however,

Off topic, but these two words mean the same thing.

the Morpta region is very different. Instead of a league and gym leaders, Morpta has an arena. Yes the Morpta battle field is where you fight other trainers and show of your skills. There are 3 options you can do in Morpta arena. 1(You can be a fighter and enter the arena to fight other trainers. 2(You can enter the contests and show off your Pokémon’s beauty and attacks. 3(There are many regions inside Morpta, you can explore those areas. There is volcano, mountain, beach, iceberg, desert, electric field, and prairie. You can choose either one of the challenges, two, or all of them. Although, entering all three would be very tricky. So enter all three if you’re up to it. In the battles, there will be single, double, or triple battles. You may be alone or with others. You may also be partnered up with other players in the explorer group.

1. So basically like the league then?
2. So basically like the contest league then?
3. So basically like exploring anywhere?

How are any of these unique?

The Plot.
You will be a Pokémon trainer going to the Morpta battle grounds. You can enter any challenge or all of them. You will have assigned cabins to other Rpg’ers. If you and your cabin mate both do battle and/or explore, you will most likely be put together. I will choose your bunk mate, when you will battle, and who you might battle with. Also I’ll tell when contests are up and who, when, and where you will explore/with.

That's really not the plot, that's what people will be up to, a general overview of the activities taking place. The plot is the story of the RPG, the bit above what you've written here.

Appearance: What does s/he look like? 4-5 sentences min
Personality: What’s your character like? 5 sentences min
History: Your characters back story. 6 sentences min.

Did you not read what I said about this the last time? You've lessened the minimum from last time too. 100 words minimum.

I just wanted to and, the word count for the whole thing was 1,540!

That's nice, but the word count of your plot is only 324 words, which doesn't cut it. You've not improved on anything and it's obvious you haven't considered what I said before because there are still loads of things that make no sense. I suggest you scrap this entire thing and start writing anew.

Status
Not open for further replies.