• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Movie 12 DVD AT ALL?

The Mega Champion

Yeah, um, you know...

Pokemon Movie 12...

"Arceus and the Jewel of Life"

Is it going to come out on DVD in the U.S.? Because... it keeps getting delayed and delayed quite a bit. Does anyone know why?

I'm starting to wonder if Movie 12 will be released on DVD AT ALL in the U.S.

So... can someone clear this up for me? Please?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
We don't know

it should've been out months ago anyway...

Rex Kamex

It's unknown why it hasn't been released yet. It's so ironic, too, because it aired on American TV much earlier than expected.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I'd be willing to bet that they're releasing it in the U.S around January/February of 2011. Mostly because the manga adaptation of the movie is being released in the U.S in February, so perhaps the DVD will precede it or follow?

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
It goes hand and hand with the the anime season 12. I am wondering if Viz and Pokemon are not with each other again.

The Mega Champion

For God's sake. If people knew, it would be on all of the official and fan sites already.

Sorry...

Wikipedia used to say November, but, that was taken off.

I'm just starting to wonder if it'll be released AT ALL.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I completely forgot about the DVD release. To be honest, I wouldve thought it was going to be released this month. And this movie was shown a lot earlier than I thought last year. 2 movies in 1 year, that's the least I expected to happen. Since I use to believe the tradition (To air a new movie every year).

Makes me wonder if the next is coming out this year, or just skip to airing it in 2011 after DP ends. They did the same with the Advanced Generation; aired the last movie of the series after Season 9 ended.

I just hope the DVD is released some time. ><

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
There was actually a thread about this not too long ago:

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=469569

As I said there, there's basically no info to go off of. The only assumption I can make is that negotiations have taken longer than expected.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
Care to expand on this?

Why?

As I stated in the thread:

My guess is that contract negotiations have taken longer than expected, likely in part due to the passing of the 10-year anniversary of the first and now second movies being released in the US. You may recall that earlier this year (May), Pokemon the Movie 2000 was released as a digital download on the US iTunes store only to be taken down last July (again, right around the 10th anniversary of the movie's US release). On a positive note I have seen the first and second movies shown on TV (which may or may not be related to the other distribution rights) since then, so it's possible there's been some progress in that area.

I have no insider knowledge, so that's mostly a guess on my part.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
Uh... the movie is being delayed because of the 10th anniversary?

That... makes no sense at all...

o_O

What I meant is that it's possible that Warner Bros. (Warner Bros. is partly responsible for the distribution of Viz's titles) rights to the distribution of the movies may have expired which means that they'd probably be looking to renew them. This has probably complicated the process.

Vernikova

Champion
I wonder why it took them so long to release it anyway. Oh well. As long as it's released then it really shouldn't matter.

blob

Hmm... I should think more Pokémon DVD's are going to be released around the 4 Month gap, before next gen starts.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Next year? It's sort of odd that they're releasing Movie 12 next year, since Pokemon DP ends next year. Movie 13 is the last movie before DP ends and it's probably going to be released early next year as well. So maybe they're going to release both movies simultaneously. Whatever, it's cool. I'm getting this movie eitherway since I have all of the others I like to have a full collection.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

If both movies were being sold together it would say so on the page.

Finally glad to see this happening. I'm tired of watching my VHS recorded copy.

blob

Next year? It's sort of odd that they're releasing Movie 12 next year, since Pokemon DP ends next year. Movie 13 is the last movie before DP ends and it's probably going to be released early next year as well. So maybe they're going to release both movies simultaneously. Whatever, it's cool. I'm getting this movie eitherway since I have all of the others I like to have a full collection.

DP will end late-mid January, if there are no breaks.