• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Movie 13 UK DVD Release

charizardmaster125

A developing story on Bulbanews, as Harryheart posted up; Pokémon Zoroark Master of Illusions will get an official DVD release in the UK. After four years of neglect since the release of; The Rise of Darkrai, the UK division of Universal Pictures will release the latest Pokémon Movie that aired on CITV a few weeks back. This is quite surprising, though the US arm of Universal have already released the 11th Movie on DVD for the US.

It's unclear as to whether Universal also has the rights for the un-released movies; 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 but if Movie 13 does well in sales, which I'm sure it will do considering the hype over the newly released Black and White games, Universal could release the missing movies in the future and I'm also hoping for the back catalogue of TV Seasons to be released here as well. As I’m sure you all may know, Universal doesn’t just release movies but they also have the rights for a few television programmes to such as Mr Bean, 1990 – 1995.

So it seems to me that TPCi is listening to us and it is also now clear that Network have also effectively given up on the anime. Pokémon Movie 13 will hit most UK retailers (Amazon & HMV to name a few) on April 25th 2011, which is pretty darn quick. To be honest, I was just weeks away from contacting TPCi as I am very disappointed in the low number of Pokémon DVD’s in the UK.

Someone on another Pokémon Forum (can’t remember which) got in contact with Network and they said that they will not be releasing any more Pokémon DVD’s in the future, so it seems like that Universal must have put in a cheaper bid of money for the rights to the anime. As is so often the way; the main problem is actually trying to find a replicator who has an interest to sell the DVD’s and make money from it in the process.

Although on another discussion, I said I recorded Movie 13 onto DVD when it aired on CITV, I will get the official release of the movie, the main difference being that there won’t be any CITV logo on screen and there may be a couple of bonus features. As a side note, Universal UK also have their own YouTube channel so if you want to leave a message in the comments section, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/universalpicturesuk

The Mega Champion

That's good and all, but, what about those of us in the U.S.?

When will we receive Movie 13 on DVD?

Kaia

-sigh- Even the UK gets the 13th movie on dvd before Australia. x_x But good for the UK I guess that they're getting the movie on dvd.

charizardmaster125

@ The Mega Champion

I'm not sure I'm afraid. I'm certain that TPCi will be planning a release date for the furture. Just keep an eye out.

@ Kaia

It is good for the UK, the amount of Pokemon DVD's in the UK is quite low. We have Movies: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 10 and as far as the tv show is concerned, we only had the first 33 episodes of Season 1 & Mewtwo Returns released on VHS (Video Tape). We also got 4 Volumes of Chronicles on DVD. Hopefully we will catch up with the US and Australia on the TV show front soon.

snowyday1

I am a Pokemon Fan
A developing story on Bulbanews, as Harryheart posted up; Pokémon Zoroark Master of Illusions will get an official DVD release in the UK. After four years of neglect since the release of; The Rise of Darkrai, the UK division of Universal Pictures will release the latest Pokémon Movie that aired on CITV a few weeks back. This is quite surprising, though the US arm of Universal have already released the 11th Movie on DVD for the US.

It's unclear as to whether Universal also has the rights for the un-released movies; 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 but if Movie 13 does well in sales, which I'm sure it will do considering the hype over the newly released Black and White games, Universal could release the missing movies in the future and I'm also hoping for the back catalogue of TV Seasons to be released here as well. As I’m sure you all may know, Universal doesn’t just release movies but they also have the rights for a few television programmes to such as Mr Bean, 1990 – 1995.

So it seems to me that TPCi is listening to us and it is also now clear that Network have also effectively given up on the anime. Pokémon Movie 13 will hit most UK retailers (Amazon & HMV to name a few) on April 25th 2011, which is pretty darn quick. To be honest, I was just weeks away from contacting TPCi as I am very disappointed in the low number of Pokémon DVD’s in the UK.

Someone on another Pokémon Forum (can’t remember which) got in contact with Network and they said that they will not be releasing any more Pokémon DVD’s in the future, so it seems like that Universal must have put in a cheaper bid of money for the rights to the anime. As is so often the way; the main problem is actually trying to find a replicator who has an interest to sell the DVD’s and make money from it in the process.

Although on another discussion, I said I recorded Movie 13 onto DVD when it aired on CITV, I will get the official release of the movie, the main difference being that there won’t be any CITV logo on screen and there may be a couple of bonus features. As a side note, Universal UK also have their own YouTube channel so if you want to leave a message in the comments section, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/universalpicturesuk

I was the one who contacted Network DVD.

charizardmaster125

Ah, thanks for that snowday1. Before I went to bed last night, I checked the forums and I found your post, I was going to edit my post as soon as I came in from work today but I forgot. Well it seems crystal clear that Network have lost the rights to distribute more DVD's other than Movie 10. Hopefully, Universal & TPCi will make up for the past four years of "neglect" that the UK has had.

Eroupe getting the Pokemon Black & White games early was a start. :)

The Mega Champion

@ The Mega Champion

I'm not sure I'm afraid. I'm certain that TPCi will be planning a release date for the furture. Just keep an eye out.

@ Kaia

It is good for the UK, the amount of Pokemon DVD's in the UK is quite low. We have Movies: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 10 and as far as the tv show is concerned, we only had the first 33 episodes of Season 1 & Mewtwo Returns released on VHS (Video Tape). We also got 4 Volumes of Chronicles on DVD. Hopefully we will catch up with the US and Australia on the TV show front soon.

*sighs*

I certainly hope so because it's pretty much the ONLY DP thing left. I thought they would release it before B/W's released, but, yeah, they didn't.

*sighs*