• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Movie 7 UK DVD Release FINALLY!

charizardmaster125

Pokemon Movie 7 UK DVD Release - NOW DELAYED

As reported by Snowday on Pokemon World & PKMN.net Forums, it has been revealed by Amazon.co.uk that Pokemon Movie 7 Destiny Deoxys will FINALLY get its long awaited UK DVD release since it was released on DVD in the US since 2005! It has also been confirmed that 4Ever and Heroes will be getting a re-release to DVD here as well.

Movies 4 & 5 were originally released on DVD in the UK by Miramax Home Entertainment through the alliance of Buena Vista Home Entertainment which is owned by Disney. Optimum Home Entertainment (OHE) is the culprit for the releases this time, not Universal; who are releasing Movie 13 here on DVD in September.

Apparently, all three movies will be released on the same day, 9th May 2011 so it’s only two weeks left. OHE are part of the Studio Canal Group who have an extensive library of movies and archive television programs. OHE are not new to the anime world as they already have DVD rights to many Studio Ghibli titles like “My Neighbour Totoro”, “Kiki’s Delivery Service” and much more.

Hopefully, if sales go well (particularly with Movie 7); Movies 8 and 9 should be released here soon. Movies 11 & 12 could be released by Universal as I have said that they already have the rights to these movies for America but that could all change. The questions are though;

1. Who and when will the TV Series be released; will it be Universal or OHE?

AND​

2. What took TPCi so flipping long to realise that the UK is missing out?!

All we can say is, “Well it’s about flipping time!”
(Thanks TPCi) :)

UPDATE: Movie 7 has now been delayed - please see bottom post from me.

Last edited:

charizardmaster125

No worries, I'm still going to buy Movie 7 anyway to add it to the collection. If the movie really was that bad, no wonder why it has not have a UK release up until now. Someone at OHE must have thought it was good enough to sell it. As far as I know, Movie 7 didn't even get a TV airing in the UK, let alone a cinema release.

No worries, I'm still going to buy Movie 7 anyway to add it to the collection. If the movie really was that bad, no wonder why it has not have a UK release up until now. Someone at OHE must have thought it was good enough to sell it. As far as I know, Movie 7 didn't even get a TV airing in the UK, let alone a cinema release.

I personally thought Pokemon Heroes and the Manaphy movie were MUCH worse. And I thought movie 7 was okay, a bit better than movie 6.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Damn it, And I bought all the movies that aren't out in UK from the USA, I now how all 12 movies, I wish they came out sooner! Wouldn't wasted so much on shipping then :(

charizardmaster125

I've done a bit of browsing round the internet and this DVD was supposedly due out in 2007 but it never came to be; this was because there was a legal fall out with Miramax. :eek:

That is apparently why this movie has taken so flipping long to get a UK release.

Last edited:

Satoshi's girl

Cafemocha <3
Wow..... this is amazing news <333 :) i own 7 8 9 10 11 anyways D: from the USA So a uk copy would be great

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Best movie ever!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Why so late? This reminds me of the Arceus and the Jewel of Life DVD and how it took more than a year for it to be released in the United States. Only, in this case, it's taken 6 years. I'm just glad that people in the UK will be able to purchase the Destiny Deoxys DVD now. I'm sure that most Pokemon fans there just imported the DVD from the United States, but at least now it can be purchased closer to home.

charizardmaster125

The news that Movie 7 would finally get a UK Release came as a big surprise considering how low the number of Pokemon DVD's are in the UK and for that matter the rest of Europe. As far as the TV Episodes are concerned, Warner Bros only released the first thirty episodes on VHS, thirty three if you count Volume 11 that came with Mewtwo Returns in 2001/02.

Considering that Optimum have a back catalogue of Studio Ghibli titles, If Movie 7 does well in sales, and they get enough demand, I think that it should be fitting for them to release the TV Episodes and movies both past and present, then again; Universal might release the TV Episodes considering how big the company is and how many movie and TV Show rights they have. That said, it will probably go down to Movie 13 Sales.

I myself have already imported the second half of Master Quest and the whole of the Orange Island Saga on USA Region 1 DVD. Now I'll have to wait and see what's happening with the TV Series, I'll probably get the Australian Region 4 re-releases if nothing happens with in the next year or so.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Well, it's about time that this happened. But I'm still not going to suppose it unless it has the Japanese version with subs. Maybe they should look at what Manga UK are doing with the new Yu-Gi-Oh Movie, I'm buying that...

Beeblebrox

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a surprise. I did think that after we didn't get the Giratina movie after the release of the Rise of Darkrai that the UK wouldn't see the movies released. Now, not only are we getting the Zoroark movie, we're getting Destiny Deoxys as well! Nice; I'll buy the pair of them.

Actually, I never picked up a copy of Heroes either, so I may well pick that up.

Satoshi's girl

Cafemocha <3
It seems werid how The 10th movie is released? and not 7 8 9 XD

charizardmaster125

Bad news guys; according to the Asda website, Destiny Deoxys has now been delayed until December 5th 2011! What the heck? :confused: :mad:

As you can probably tell by the "Smiles" I've used, I am very annoyed by this considering that Movie 13 has been put back to September 13th 2011. I think that the problem here is because BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) has not given this film an age rating yet though it might be something completely "Farfetch'd" that TPCi has not told us about.

For Pete’s sake, I hope it’s not cancelled. At least Movies 4 and 5 are still being re-released on the 9th May. :redface:

I hope that TPCi can come out of the shadows and give us an explanation as to why these DVD releases have been put back.