• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Movie 9 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlusleMinun

Plain Trainer
Well, I just checked and pokemon2006.jp is not up yet. I (like everyone else here) am highly anticipating the release of trailers for this movie. I hope there will be a bad guy (movies 7 and 8 had no actual bad guys). I also hope it will have some new 4th generation Pokemon, at least as cameos. If this is a PKMN Ranger movie, I hope they give a lot of info on that game. I wonder who the legendary will be?

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Seems like the title of Movie 9 has been released. According to PokeAni, it is titled "Pokemon Ranger & the Prince of the Sea" (pokemon renjyaa to umi no ouji), featuring Kyogre as (one of) the legendary pokemon.

A 30-sec TV trailer has been released, which started out in some sort of research center, possibly inside a submarine. The narration reads 'Far away, somewhere in the sea, a legendary pokemon that no one has seen sleeps'. We then see a school of Remoraids and Luvdiscs swimming by, followed by Kyogre's appearance.

The scene next shifts to a coastline where a golden-haired boy is seen using the Capture Styler (the Pokemon Ranger device) on a wild Mantine. The boy has uttered the line 'Capture, on!'.

Ash and Pikachu then appears, with Ash asking 'Is that a Pokemon Ranger?', and Pikachu answering 'Pikachu!'.

The Pokemon Ranger next clings onto Mantine as if it's a glider, and glides across the sky before diving into the sea, during which he yells 'I'm counting on you, Mantine!'.

The trailer ends with some mysterious orb falling to the sea bed, bringing up the title 'Pocket Monster Advance Generation Movie, Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea'.

What we know now includes:
1) Ash is still the lead protagonist
2) The movie takes place at the sea
3) Kyogre is possibly the main legendary (though like Mew, there could be another Lucario type of hidden legendary to be revealed later)
4) The golden-haired Pokemon Ranger possibly owns a Wailmer (two posters have been released, one of which depicts Pikachu on a Wailmer, and the other the Pokemon Ranger next to a giant Kyogre)

Coronis~

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
MY reactions:

Golden haired boy? Bah, why not just use the male ranger from the games.

Kyorge? Pretty cool, if Groudon shows up the writers can redeem themselves for that 2 parter back in Hoenn.

I guess May will do nothing in this movie yet again. :(

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
The mere line 'Far away, somewhere in the sea, a legendary pokemon that no one has seen sleeps' virtually confirms that another sea dwelling legandary pokemon will star along side Kyogre. Assuming the writer's aren't so ignorant as to refer to a known legandary in such a mysterious, enigmatic way...

Thanks by the way Coronis.

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
Does anyone have scans of the posters??? And where can we view the trailer???

This is a bit odd because I had a dream about the next pokemon movie and it was set in the ocean. o_O

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
I have a question regarding this quote,

"'Far away, somewhere in the sea, a legendary pokemon that no one has seen sleeps'"

Is the pokemon mentioned above a new one? o_O Or were they refering to Kyogre?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
This is great. So a movie with Kyogre in it, not bad. Although I hope Kyogre is evil and wishes to destroy everything. I'll be looking forward to more news.

B

Blaziken master

Don't doublepost

Looks interesting.We'll see more of kyogre and maybe cameos of 4th gen pokemon. I like that we see mantine though, one of my fave water types.

Rex Kamex

Okay, pokemon2006.jp should come on Friday, just like the last two years. I remember hearing the first eigth movie information (aside from the fact that it existed) on the Thursday before pokemon2005.jp came. I can't guarantee it'll come, but it makes sense.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

a movie with Kyogre? this is so friggin' sweet!

and a pokemon ranger? THE GOOD NEWS KEEPS ON COMING!

would be cool if we did have Groudon though but meh...

E

Ethereal

IMPERIAL DRAGON said:
The mere line 'Far away, somewhere in the sea, a legendary pokemon that no one has seen sleeps' virtually confirms that another sea dwelling legandary pokemon will star along side Kyogre. Assuming the writer's aren't so ignorant as to refer to a known legandary in such a mysterious, enigmatic way...

Thanks by the way Coronis.
Yanno, I was just about to post that. I'm praying that the writers aren't referring to Kyogre as this mysterious legendary Pokemon. ¬¬

But, if it is a new Pokemon, which it more than likely is, may I ask this: Why another fawking Water-type legendary? We have more than enough Water Pokemon in the world, and a great enough Water legendary in Kyogre, so why another one? It better be cool looking, or I'll be p*ssed. It also better be a new dual type, like Water/Steel. If it is Water/Steel, then you guys can credit me for stating it first :)P).

Other than that, can't really say this sounds interesting. :/

Eon Chao

Phoenix Clan Samurai
Because assuming the Pokemon world is like ours with an extra kingdom of organisms then it stands to reason that there'd be alot more water species.

As for if they're refering to a new legendary with that description...then I'm gonna guess a Kraken like pokemon. That'd rock so much.

E

Ethereal

And? They don't need to make yet another Water legendary. :/

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
And? They don't need to make yet another Water legendary. :/
we could end up with another lugia situation but, I doubt it. The movie doesnt sound bad. Maybe it would give back some of Kyogre's dignity.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Ordinarily, I don't give a hoot about the Legendarys. I'd rather they the fit Pokemon to the Legend rather than the Legend to the Pokemon.

But damn.... Water? Like Jynxternal said, it had better be a dual type.

B

broadwayboy@adelphia.net

I think the movie will be about Atlantis, which would explain why they used the RUINS of Rome and why it's called the PRINCE OF THE SEA. What do you guys think?

Eon Chao

Phoenix Clan Samurai
A Pokemon equivelent of Atlantis is actually a really good idea. I can see it looking really cool on the big screen.

As for water duel types we already have:

Water/Grass
Water/Poison
Water/Flying
Water/Dragon
Water/Bug
Water/Electric
Water/Ground
Water/Rock
Water/Psychic
Water/Dark
Water/Ice

Which leaves
Water/Fire
Water/Ghost
Water/Steel

Now due to the vast area the ocean covers as well as taking into account its depth...it stands to reason that there would be alot more Pokemon species who live underwater. Now while some of these (ie. Dratini) may not be Water Types it stands to reason that most of these would be. Also all the Pokemon games thus far, seem to have some resemblance to parts of Japan's geographical layout associating them heavily with the sea due to the nations location. If a game were developed to introduce a new generation themed around say...Mongolia...then it would change the distribution of the types of new Pokemon greatly.

As for the new Legendary being a water type I fail to see the overall problem due to our current legendary line up (including Rukairo)(note Articuno was counted in twice...once for Ice types and once for Flying types. this method was done for all dual types):

Flying types: 6
Ice types: 2
Electric types: 2
Fire types: 3
Psychic types: 8
Water types: 2
Grass types: 1
Rock types: 1
Steel types: 3
Dragon types: 3
Ground types: 1
Fighting types: 1

Now whilst for the most part this is a fair spread among the existing types (with the exceptions being Psychic and Flying both of which makes sense to have large occurance as flying is often used to indicate purely the fact that a certain pokemon can fly and Psychic powers (or magic) are commonly associated with myths). What would be be preferable to a new water legendary sharing one of the above types would surely be one that introduces a new type to legendary status.

Water/Normal
Water/Bug
Water/Poison
Water/Dark
Water/Ghost

Water/Normal doesn't make sense to myself personnally...especially for a legendary so you'll forgive me if I don't try to fill that gap.

Water/Bug: Many of the deep sea organisms are invertabrates. Possibly if they were to include a legendary water/bug it could be some form of giant squid or octopus. This would also stand as a pokemon equivelent of the Kraken myth. Also with Surskit being the only water/bug type around this would allow a new combination.

Water/Poison: Many species that swim in tropical waters are poisonous and thus a water/poison type could be invented. Alas this type combo has been covered with jellyfish and pufferfish.

Water/Dark: This has been covered but perhaps this could relate to the darkness of the depths of the sea. No idea as to what it could be however.

Water/Ghost: a ruined city that has sunk beneath the waves? this screams ghost type.

Status
Not open for further replies.