• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Movie 9 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
Former Absolkid said:
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but a longer trailer:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6772966794246655441&q=Pokemon+is:free

It shows some sort of robot thing being controlled, and possibly a jewel like the one from Pokemon Heroes or maybe a pokeball...

The trailer is not longer. It's the same length as the one on the official 9th movie site.

I think the robot you were referring to is actually a submarine underwater and the jewel is an egg...

JazzJazz

CoroCoro was supposed to reveal a new pokemon from the movie this month. I've seen the scans and it seems as though we've been gypped... is this correct? Was there no new information revealed?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
CoroCoro was supposed to reveal a new pokemon from the movie this month. I've seen the scans and it seems as though we've been gypped... is this correct? Was there no new information revealed?
theres a thread on the main pokemon thread discussing about the new pokemon going to be revealled but, we dont see anything about Corocoro until the 14-16 of each month.

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
JazzJazz: I'm guessing you saw the scans on filb.de? If so, they're scans of last month's issue. CoroCoro always release the new issue with the next month written on it.

Example: This month's issue will be March 2006, not February 2006.

You scared me for a second there. ^^;

JazzJazz

Laprashunter said:
JazzJazz: I'm guessing you saw the scans on filb.de? If so, they're scans of last month's issue. CoroCoro always release the new issue with the next month written on it.

Example: This month's issue will be March 2006, not February 2006.

You scared me for a second there. ^^;

I was scared myself, thank God I made a mistake... was a touch annoyed there for a second. Thanks for clearing it up.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
After We've seen the scans I believe May may have a larger role in this movie. She was seen holding the egg and the egg is supposed to hatch to Manaphy. So hopefully she does get a bigger role. Also according to dogasu the ranger's name is Jackie. Although time will tell and we may get a chance to see because according to bulbagarden(i think Zhen Lin) stated that the new pokemon would be showcased on TV in Japan feb. 15. Also I dont know if these scans are from corocoro so we may have more info from coronis from the new corocoro since coronis has yet to say anything about the new scans.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Hopefully May has a large role in this movie. I can't believe it took them 4 AG movies to finally do this.

I did like her wish subplot from the 6th movie (and Max having a major role was nice), and she had a pretty nice role in Movie 8. (And lots of fanservice in her princess dress and red bikini)

May was a useless background character in Movie 7 though, just so crappy Tori could have a lead role. Blech.

If May is holding the egg for the new legendary, it might be another Max/Jirachi thing. Hopefully anyway, May needs a large role in a movie for once.

Rex Kamex

You've probably figured this out already, but with the new Pokemon revealed, the title of the movie has changed to, "The Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manafui".

(Picture gotten from filb.de.)

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
The official 9th movie site was recently updated. No new trailer nor pictures but there's a date. "Feb 17th". Can someone who is able to read Japanese please translate it for us?

Chris

Old Coot
7月 15日(土) 全国東宝系ロードショー

Looks like we have a movie premiere date, according to the movie site. :O That'd be July 15, 2006.

JazzJazz

MJC CartoGuy said:
You've probably figured this out already, but with the new Pokemon revealed, the title of the movie has changed to, "The Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manafui".

Am I correct in saying that manaphy is inside that mysterious egg we've seen in some of the pictures for the new movie?

Fatal

Banned
Hm... I'd be willing to bet that shadow on the far right of that magazine cover is an evolution of Murkrow. It looks like it has a beak, feathers and some sort of death scythe. :/

-Fatal

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
Edward Elric said:
7月 15日(土) 全国東宝系ロードショー

Looks like we have a movie premiere date, according to the movie site. :O That'd be July 15, 2006.

No, no, I'm wasn't talking about that. That date has always been there. >_>

Click on the "new" link and a short flash movie will play and at the end of the movie is a message...

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
According to Dogasu, Manaphy will make its "official" debut friday feb. 17 2006. Maybe that's what your refering to lapras hunter.

....You know, the movies always seem to premiere mid-July. I doubt I'd even notice that if my birthday wasn't on the same day Lucario and the Mystery of Mew appeared in Japan. Now, I'm surprised it's so close to my birthday. Any bets that Movie 10 is going to premiere July 14-18th of '07? ;D

Anyway, I'd be OK with May not starring in this. She gets a lot of attention in normal AG, and that's good enough for me. I wouldn't mind, of course, it's not like I don't like May. Personally, I'd like a Brock movie. The next Contest is a start, let's see the writers actually do something major with Brock now =)

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
So this new pokemon is the equivalent of mew/celebi/jirachi?
What about May what is her role?
Does Misty appear in this movie? I hear something about her pokemon?
When is the official trailer out?

Chris

Old Coot
You answer for all of your questions is: No one knows.

Obviously it would have been said if anyone had any info.

No, no, I'm wasn't talking about that. That date has always been there. >_>
And I wasn't mentioning anything related to your post. Yes, the date has been there for a while, yet NO ONE (not even Joe) seems to have noted it.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Latios said:
Good news everyone! (Hopefully)

I'll be going to Okinawa for summer break to stay with my family and visit old friends. I plan on staying for two months, and that should be in the time frame of when the movie releases. So if all goes well, I'll be writing another synopsis.

I'm not dead yet! :O

And don't ask for requests yet.

Well that is good news.

I remember during the last one, I spent nearly all day online waiting for your updates of the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.