• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Movie 9 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
Hey everyone. The 9th movie site was updated again today. It's a very small update though. It's a glimpse of Manaphy. Nothing new but still cool.

Go to the site and let the flash movie load. Once it's finished click on the link with "new" beside it. Wait for the short clip to load once again and you get to see Manaphy. :D

greta_lover

I don't know........
Manaphi is sooooooooooooooooo cute! i can't wait to see the movie!

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Apparently new trailers came about. Here's links to the trailers including another trailer that I'm not sure is related to the movie but it was on the movies website. Maybe theres gonna be a pokemon special.
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/swf/trailer/trailer1_l.swf
This one seems interesting. Either there are two Manaphy eggs or its the same one but the pirates at one point had the egg. Also it looks like May will play the same role max did in the 6th movie. Since she is seen holding the egg a couple of times and it hatches in her arms. I thought the cool effect with the moon was neat this could be unimportant or it could be really interesting. Since Manaphy is the prince of the sea and the moon causes waves. Maybe Manaphy somehow is related to the moon.
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/swf/trailer/special1_l.swf
This one looks like a little special about Hinata and her ranger duty. Could this be a little movie special or something.

The movie site also has been updated with a new character seems to be the villian and (although not confirmed) it appears he owns Perappu in the background there is the new pokemon being shown.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
ghost master said:
Apparently new trailers came about. Here's links to the trailers including another trailer that I'm not sure is related to the movie but it was on the movies website. Maybe theres gonna be a pokemon special.
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/swf/trailer/trailer1_l.swf
*snip*
Here's another one but I havent even seen this one since it takes forever for it to load up.
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/swf/trailer/movie2_l.swf
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/swf/trailer/special1_l.swf
This one looks like a little special about Hinata and her ranger duty. Could this be a little movie special or something.
The first one looks interesting. What I saw of Kyogre looked a lot more fluid than what I saw in the Groudon/Kyogre two parter(then again this IS a movie :p). And now the "May is to Manaphy as Max is to Jirachi" idea has more evidence to back it up. Other than that...I need to learn Japanese so that I can understand what these trailers are saying XD

The second one is basically just a shorter version of the first one. :< Nothing special.

The third one is...odd. Very short, and it's just Hinata having "her" Pokemon put out a fire and Hinata saving a Sentret. Doesn't seem like much to me.

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
Woah!! The movie looks really good..I'm a little sad we will not see Misty but none the less it looks really good.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
skarmachild said:
Did you really expect to see Misty?

Apparently some people think that anything related to the ocean or water Pokemon relates to Misty.

Just like some people thought that Misty would show up at the Sootopolis Gym just because it was a Water type Gym. (LOL)

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
NO.. I am not saying i expected her....actually I totally did not expect to see her, and I did not expect her in sootopolis and i don't expect her in anything water related,i am only saying that because i think it would have been nice to see her there...thats my opinion..obviously not other peoples...if she's in the movie...great..if she is not..great...

Last edited:
L

lonelywerewolf14

I really hope May has.....a bigger role....on this movie....

skarmachild

Cheer up.
This movie better have May in a swimsuit, but I doubt it (because its the ocean, not a swimming pool), because there is too much water. And we can't have fanservice all the time, Pokémon is a kid's show remember.

So basically, these Pirates want Manifi. Ranger captures Kyogre with the capture styler and frees Manifi and thwarts the Pirates evil plans. Woops - I spoiled it.

Like some other guy said though, the animation on Kyogre is extremely smoothed. And on the 1st trailer shown a while back (before Manifi was shown), Jacky (?) was well animated.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I'm personally a little disgusted at the fact it seems May will be the one who 'hatches' Manafi. Recall Jirachi Wish Maker, how she made fun of Max for trying to be friends with a rock and then tried to grab it from him as soon as Butler handed it to him.

On the rest.....

This should be pretty good overall, what with all the new Pokémon and the fact Kyogre finally gets its due. Sure seems like a lot of Ranger lately though.

;manafi;

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
skarmachild said:
This movie better have May in a swimsuit, but I doubt it (because its the ocean, not a swimming pool), because there is too much water. And we can't have fanservice all the time, Pokémon is a kid's show remember.

The 9th movie basically comes out in Japan a whole year after the 8th movie, so a little more fanservice won't hurt.

Even if it is an ocean, there IS a beach. If May stripped into a bikini for some hot springs in Movie 8, there's no reason May and the rest of the gang can't swim on the beach for a little bit before the plot begins either.

Raevell

CyberCubed said:
The 9th movie basically comes out in Japan a whole year after the 8th movie, so a little more fanservice won't hurt.

Even if it is an ocean, there IS a beach. If May stripped into a bikini for some hot springs in Movie 8, there's no reason May and the rest of the gang can't swim on the beach for a little bit before the plot begins either.

Heck, isn't this expected? ;) You can get away with so much more in the movies.

I'm looking forward to a movie where May is in the center focus. She really hasn't done much in any of the movies as of yet. Her brother even got a lead role! I think it's her turn.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yep, and May is pretty much confirmed to have a big part now:

[img139]http://www.filb.de/content/news/upload/20060323_Wonderland7_scan02.jpg[/img139]

May looks more "mature" in this art, almost as if they aged her a few years.

I'm liking this movie already. :D

I was hoping for that Perapuu thing to be the pirate's pokemon. Glad my assumption was correct.

Because we all know how well pirate's and parrot's fit together. But that Perapuu look's friendly...
Here's hoping for some fanservice.

That blue haired girl is cute.:0

Last edited:

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Doagsu got a litte translation from this. Blue haired girl = Hiromi.

Satoshi and his friends get lost in an unknown wasteland. They eventually come across a "Water Pokemon Show" performed by the star of the Mariner Troupe, Hiromi. Hiromi is a descendant of the troupe of Water People able to communicate with water pokemon, and she tells our heroes the legend that's been passed down by her people for generations. According to legend, a temple the Water People built called "The Water Temple Akuusha" rests somewhere in the ocean, and a treasure called "The Water Crown" is hidden there. It's said that no one has ever seen this treasure, but that changes when a Pokemon Ranger named Jack Walker (aka Jackie) appears to chase aftert it.

Jackie is on a top secret mission that has him protecting the egg of the leader of the water pokemon, Manaphy. This pokemon, called the "Prince of the Sea," needs to be taken to the Water Temple Akuusha, so Satoshi-tachi and Hiromi decide to help him. Along the way, a pirate named Phantom attacks our heroes from his great submarine. Phantom plans to use the Water Crown's power to help him conquer the world, but he'll have to solve the mystery of Manaphy's egg first. When the Rocket-Dan get into the mix, Jackie uses his Capture Styler to borrow the power of a nearby pokemon to stand up to them. Satoshi and Pikachu enter the fray, but they still have to contend with the attacks of Phantom's powerful high tech mecha! Suddenly, the egg starts to shine with a vivid light, and Manpahy is born!

What is the mystery of the legendary treasure? What mysterious powers does Manaphy have? Can Satoshi-tachi and Jackie complete their top secret mission? The journey to reach the Water Temple Akuusha has begun!

skarmachild

Cheer up.
ghost master said:
Can Satoshi-tachi and Jackie complete their top secret mission?

Oh my God, top suspense here from the writers. I like the theme (water), and I wish Team Rocket would stop getting blasted off, I mean, they were great in the second movie - but hey. Jack Walker - Dunno why I laughed, maybe because it is a normal name.

A new trailers up at:
www.pokemon-movie.jp/

3rd link down, some extra scenes that the last trailer didn't have but mostly the same.

Kanto Trio

Must Defeat Dent!
I think the new Pokemon movie will be interesting. I like the fact that we get a pirate as a bad guy instead. Plus, it'll be interesting to see how Manaphy will be like. This will be one I can hardly wait for.

Status
Not open for further replies.