• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Movie And There Order!

S

Shads03

Hi,

I was an avid fan of pokemon, but due to work and then family issues, i started to miss the pokemon eps, now i am re-watching them all from start to its current stage, but what im in trouble with is were abouts the movies tie in with the episode series.

so if anyone can be a GREAT help and inform me of how they go - e.g:-

Pokemon Episode 67 "Name Title" :
Pokemon Episode 68 "Name Title" :
POKEMON MOVIE: "Name Title"
Pokemon Episode 69 "Name Title :
Pokemon Episode 70 "Name Title :

ect, ect.

this would be greatly appreciated and would make one fan a very happy one!

Many thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Shads03!

Chris

Old Coot
Hoi. Not this again. You can't watch them in any order because a majority of the movies don't happen in any specific point after any certain episodes. The only one that can slightly be done is the first movie since we do see events that occur prior to the movie link into it.

Heracross

Custom User Title
The only reason you would have to watch them in some sort of order is because everyone's pokémon change periodically. Other than that it doesn't really matter.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Edward Elric said:
Hoi. Not this again. You can't watch them in any order because a majority of the movies don't happen in any specific point after any certain episodes. The only one that can slightly be done is the first movie since we do see events that occur prior to the movie link into it.
Actually, the sixth movie also has a very slight connection to the series if you think about it. I'm not sure of the exact episode, but I do remember someone bringing up how before the movie aired in Japan, the most recent episode ended with Masato saying something like " If there are any Pokemon out there who want a trainer, look for me! "

S

Shads03

Hi,

Many thanks for your responce.

can no one recommend were to watch the movies roughly? like muse them into the timeline somewere,

coz i dnt wanna watch pokemon 4ever or wot not after indigo/orange island series if you know wot i mean (even though you say there is nore connection to them :s )

thanks in advance

ashley

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It goes like this, one movie is made per season:

1st movie: Late Kanto
2nd Movie: Middle of Orange Islands
3rd movie: Early Johto after Ash got all the starters
4th movie: Middle Johto
5th movie: Late Johto
6th movie: Early Hoenn
7th movie: Middle Hoenn
8th movie: Early Battle Frontier

PDL

disenchanted
the reason why there is no exact order for when the movies take place in the anime's continuity is so that people can enjoy the movie without having to watch the anime to understand it and vice versa.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
My eight cents!

Mewtwo escapes in episode 67- Showdown at the Poke Corral, and the movie is set shortly afterwards, probably before the league happens.

I can't remember if Charizard is obedient in Movie 2, which would give some sort of clue. (He is fully obedient from episode 107-Charizard Chills onwards)

The third movie features Noctowl, which was caught in episode 156- Fowl Play. Zubat also appears, which means the movie is set before its evolution in episode 167- Hassle in the Castle

Pokemon 4Ever features both Bulbasaur and Bayleef, but I don't know about Corsola. This means that it is defenitely between episode 201-Current Events and episode 227- Bulbasaur the Ambassador. It may be either before or after episode 215- The Corsola Caper.

Pokemon Heroes features Phanpy, but as for Politoed and Forretress I really don't know. Phanpy hatched in episode 232- Hatching a Plan, and Politoed and Forretress debuted in episode 249- Outrageous Fortunes and episode 261- Entei at Your Own Risk respectively. But Larvitar is absent, so it cannot be between episode 260- Hatch Me if You Can and episode 266- Mother of All Battles. I haven't seen it, so someone else will have to confirm if Politoed or Forretress were in it in some minor role.

Jirachi-Wishmaker features Mudkip, but not Skitty. Therefore, it is between episodes 301 (A Mudkip Mission) and 323 (I Feel Skitty) That's all I can team-wise. But the stuff in episode 312-The Spheal of Approval seemingly leads into the movie. I haven't seen that episode or the movie, so I don't know for sure.

Destiny Deoxys features Combusken (evolved from Torchic in episode 358- A Shroomish Skirmish), but not Chimecho (caught in episode 360- Who's Flying Now?). Episode 382- Once in a Mawile is the next episode to feature a team change, with Lombre evolving. Lombre appears as a Lombre in the movie, so it is definitely during this 24-episode gap.

[SPOIL]As for Lucario's movie, Phanpy and Squirtle appear, having joined the team in episode 410- Oak Laboratory! All Members Gathering!, and Mudip also appears, meaning the movie is set before its evolution in episode 425- Mudkip and Flaaffy! Wonder Drug of Love?[/SPOIL]

Helpful? It better be! And anyone feel free to correct me, I haven't seen any of the last 5 movies- so I really don't know much about them.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
When I watch the Pokemon episodes during the summer, this is how I usually place the movies:

Mewtwo Strikes Back- between "Showdown at the Po-ke Corral" (the end of the Mewtwo introduction arc) and "The Evolution Solution"

Pokemon 2000- after "Charizard Chills". Charizard is obedient in the movie, but I remember the movie came out before CC aired because my best friend was surprised he was obedient.

Spell of the Unown- after season three ("The Fortune Hunters"). Besides Noctowl, I know Wobbuffet's in it too, so it's the best place.

Mewtwo Returns- after "The Grass Route" (when it originally aired)

Pokemon 4Ever- after season four ("Machoke Machoke Man"), since it features Bayleef

Latios and Latias- before the Larvitar arc begins (before "Lapras of Luxury"), since it doesn't feature Larvitar or Forretress, features Politoed, and the Larvitar arc was immediately followed by the Silver Conference and Misty's departure

Jirachi Wishmaker- after season six ("Watt's With Wattson")

Destiny Deoxys- after season seven ("Judgment Day")

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Mewtwo Strikes Back shows Mewtwo as having created quite the empire- there must have been at least a few weeks before the movie after its escape.

Lord Mewtwo

Advanced Human
Originally posted by ChaosMage
The third movie features Noctowl, which was caught in episode 156- Fowl Play. I can't remember Zubat appearing, but Golbat certainly wasn't in it. This would confirm whether or not it was before episode 167- Hassle in the Castle)
The third movie did appear befor Hassle in the castle, because Brock battles Molly's Flaafy with his Zubat.

Last edited:
G

Geki

Go in order of all the DVD's and watch the movies along the same time as the dub. Here's a chart

Movie 1: Around when Ash recieves his Earth Badge
Movie 2: Around when Ash has about three Shells.
Movie 3: Around when Ash faces Morty.
Movie 4: Around when Ash faces Jasmine.
Movie 5: Around when Ash goes to the Silver Conference
Movie 6: Around when Ash beats Watson.
Movie 7: Around when Ash is heading to Lilycove.

I don't think you need spoilers since you haven't even watched the anime really. You can also go to the main site and read guides and pics if you don't want to get all the DVD's.

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
Here is where each one goes and the episode before and after it:

75. Bad to the Bone
M1. Mewtwo Strikes Back
76. All Fired Up!

104. The Mystery Menace
M2. The Power of One
105. Misty Meets Her Match

156. Fowl Play
M3. Spell of the Unown
157. Forest Grumps

180. The Grass Route
SM1. Mewtwo Returns
181. The Apple Corp

207. The Kecleon Caper
M4. Pokémon 4Ever: Celebi - Voice of the Forest
208. The Joy of Water Pokémon

257. Why? Wynaut!
M5. Pokémon Heroes
258. Just Add Water

312. The Spheal of Approval
M6. Jirachi: Wish Maker
313. Jump For Joy

361. Sky High Gym Battle!
M7. Destiny Deoxys
362. Lights, Camerupt, Action!

411. Mt. Moon! With Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable!
M8. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
412. First Battle! Battle Factory!! (Part 1)