• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon movie

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
Why Did Movies Lose Such Popularity From Movie Theater To Right Away To Kids Wb?

Last edited:

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Uh Heracross, he's not asking about that movie.

He's asking why have the movies lost as much popularity as they have that instead of them all being in the movie theater they go directly to video and TV.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Because each movie made less at the box office than the previous one. The 1st movie made the most money, the 2nd movie less than that, the 3rd less than THAT, and the 4th and 5th movie were only released in selected theaters.

It makes much more sense to release them straight to DVD anyway, that way you don't have to deal with the annoying 5 year old kids in the theater. :D

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
Its because the movie isn't earning much to any money, honestly. So I just guess Miramax think its better just to release them out on DVD/VHS to the public instead

EDIT- Crap.. CyberCubed got to it before I did

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
mannyguy said:
Why Did Movies Lose Such Popularity From Movie Theater To Right Away To Kids Wb?

Because most of them were boring excup Pokemon2000. plus Mum and dad didn't want to go see the movie for the same reason.

Heracross

Custom User Title
MasterJedi said:
Uh Heracross, he's not asking about that movie.

He's asking why have the movies lost as much popularity as they have that instead of them all being in the movie theater they go directly to video and TV.
Bleh. The little twit changed the question he was asking after I posted that. -_-

Torchic23

gee that's swell
The movies are awsome!!!!I miss them being in the theaters.It makes me sad to see pokemon popularity going down so much

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
buttersgirl said:
errm perhaps cause in comparison to their potential the movies tend to suck?

The movies' overall quality has nothing to do with how much they make at the box office. "Pokémon: The First Movie" broke the bank because it was released at a time when the entire "Pokémon" franchise was at a massive level of profitability. The fad was in full swing when the movie saw its American release, and tons of hyperactive children dragged their reluctant parents to see it, resulting in a huge box office gross. But as the years wore on, the fad started to dwindle, fewer fans went to the movies, and they became less profitable. Thus, Warner Bros. sold the distribution rights to Miramax, who gave the fourth and fifth movies very limited theatrical releases and sent the sixth and seventh movies directly to DVD. It was a wise choice because a widespread theatrical release wouldn't bring in a decent amount of money - all the cash spent on a nationwide promotion wouldn't be able to justify a poor turnout in the theaters.

Long story short, they're not gonna release the movies theatrically if people aren't gonna go see them.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Jesse is right, the 1st pokemon movie broke records for earning the most money on the day it came out, which was beaten by Shrek 2. But the others aren't as popular anymore. But some channels get a lot of people watching for Pokemon.

S

salamence373

-Absol- said:
Jesse is right, the 1st pokemon movie broke records for earning the most money on the day it came out, which was beaten by Shrek 2. But the others aren't as popular anymore. But some channels get a lot of people watching for Pokemon.

there was no pokemon movie in theaters when shrek 2 was out. did you mean Shrek, not Shrek 2?

F

FabuVinny

He means that the record that the first movie broke was broken later by Shrek2.

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
HERACROSS.yeah you're right the question was changed but not after u posted, atleast not intentionally, i meant to change it right away and then you posted..so i'm sorry

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
But the movies are still popular theatrically in Japan, right? Guess they've got more respect and loyalty to the series. XD