• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Movies on Nintendo DS (in Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Kamex

This is actually rather old, but... here, and here.

Many of the Pokemon movies are available in Japan on the Nintendo DS(the Japanese version, of course). Even though this involves a game console, it has to do with the Pokemon movie series, so I put this in the anime section.

... Does anyone have more information on this? Since I have a DS, I was hoping I could have some way to get some of these movies on DS. On the first link I gave, there's a picture of two small black card thingies, and I don't know if they come with the DS movies.

But yeah, does anyone have any information on how to buy these from without paying Japanese money? ('Cause I don't... have any...)

In any case, it's an interesting find for you guys to see. (If you care...)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Man, those are really cool. Also for the covers on the boxes. :) I hope we could get them here in the US. But they'd be like those video episodes on the GBA.

Honestly, I don't know a lot about this, since you just told me. Thanks, and they're amazing. I Think it'd be useful to use on the go. If you dont have a DVD Player. :)

But Im not sure how you can buy them, but if they were located in the US, they'd probably not be sold legally. At best, I would be lucky if they ever come here.

Man, those are really cool. Also for the covers on the boxes. :) I hope we could get them here in the US. But they'd be like those video episodes on the GBA.

Honestly, I don't know a lot about this, since you just told me. Thanks, and they're amazing. I Think it'd be useful to use on the go. If you dont have a DVD Player. :)

But Im not sure how you can buy them, but if they were located in the US, they'd probably not be sold legally. At best, I would be lucky if they ever come here.

Erm....I don't know about that. There would be certain complications if it were to come to the US. If by means you meant dub.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
There would likely be complications bringing them here. In Japan, PCL probably has more autonomy to release the movies as and in what forms they see fit, but outside of Japan the distribution rights are held by several different companies. On the other hand, you can get Pokemon 3 on your computer/iPod/Apple TV via the iTunes store, so it's possible.

Rex Kamex

Most of the covers are the Japanese posters for the movies.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
It's been around since August of last year; Japanese comics, books and movies have been released since then (including what I think is the entirety of Pokemon movies, at least, the Johto movies, Mewtwo Strikes back and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew).

I've heard that this is exclusively Japanese though.

Rex Kamex

That's what I was afraid of...

If the DS vision thing ever comes here, it'd be cool to have the Pokemon movies be released on DS. But I'd hope it'd have at least the original Japanese version on there (not that there's anything suggesting it'd be there).

Remember that old Game Boy Advance Video? I recall wondering why I'd pay money for a limited set of episodes that I could get on TV for free (before electricity bill calculations, of course) or a DVD for a better deal.

I sure hope that they made the value per yen comparable to or even greater than a DVD or else I'm passing this one off as another one of Nintendo's useless gimmicks. Are there bonus features and such?

Rex Kamex

Remember that old Game Boy Advance Video? I recall wondering why I'd pay money for a limited set of episodes that I could get on TV for free (before electricity bill calculations, of course) or a DVD for a better deal.

I sure hope that they made the value per yen comparable to or even greater than a DVD or else I'm passing this one off as another one of Nintendo's useless gimmicks. Are there bonus features and such?

No clue. I wouldn't mind buying this if there was an easy way to do so, but that's because the Japanese version of these movies isn't on American DVDs. Japanese DVDs have a different region than mine, and I don't have a single DVD player that plays DVDs in more than one region. The DS isn't region locked, so if I actually had these DS vision movies (and I used the adapter correctly), I could watch the movies on my own American DS. But that's not the case.

But this is a gimmick of Nintendo's, considering a few years ago they released two boxsets that had the first nine movies (and the six mini-movies). And Japanese kids don't have to watch the movie on their DS anyway.

I hope they release these to America. I was surfing eBay the other day and I did see something like this for the 3rd Pokemon movie for $53 american dollars, but I thought it was a fake :/

Rex Kamex

I hope they release these to America. I was surfing eBay the other day and I did see something like this for the 3rd Pokemon movie for $53 american dollars, but I thought it was a fake :/

If they were, they'd be the American dub version (or some other dub version). I really don't care much for that version on the DS (I have all three dub movies either on DVD or tape) but at least the DS vision adapter thingy would come with these movies, so I could get that and find some way to get the Japanese DS version (assuming I couldn't get an adapter thing from Japan).

Drew.

→ kill the n o i s e
I doubt they'll release them here.. I can't see it happening. D:

Regardless, I love the get the Japanese versions, and watch them randomly on my DS. xD That would be good times, and handy when I was out of the house, stuck in a boring situation.

latios reborn

They did release some episodes on GBA in Aus and that so they might release the movies..

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Spend £36.12($50) to watch a movie on your DS, or pay about £10 ($13.85) to watch it on a DVD player.

Hmmm....I'd go for the DVDs....A nice idea, but at that price....no

Xx Flare xX

Spend £36.12($50) to watch a movie on your DS, or pay about £10 ($13.85) to watch it on a DVD player.

Hmmm....I'd go for the DVDs....A nice idea, but at that price....no

Or watch them for free on YouTube?
someones bound to upload the movies there ;)
(waste of $50, waste of time, just get a DVD player and a DVD and play it on that!)

Rex Kamex

^ I know the movies are online, but that's what I'm trying to avoid...

My hope is if they were giving this away at an Anime convention, but what are the chances of that happening?...

If you have a DVD player that can play Region II DVDs... which I don't have. (As for the American version... I don't have to buy that since I already have nearly every movie either on tape or DVD.) I'd assume for me it'd be easier and more convenient for me to get the DS Vision adapter and DS Vision movies because the DS isn't region locked... but if it's only available in Japan, then I can't do that after all...

EDIT: It turns out that Play Asia is a site where you can pay in US dollars with a credit card or things like that. I don't know if anyone will know the answer to this, but If I were to just get this alone, would it have everything I need to automatically play the movies on the DS (without using the computer)? If not, would I have everything I need if I also got this (without downloading anything from the computer? I'm still not sure I will even do this, but I'm just wondering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.