• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : During the Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

undrhil

Pokémon Game Addict
For anyone interested, the episode is available through BitTorrent. Search around and you'll find it eventually. I'm sure it's against some religion or something to share the knowledge of the actual site I found it at ... :(

Undrhil

trapezechimpanz

OMG OMG! i just watched it... i liked it so much better then the origanal series... it was more entertaining... and i think it is going to be a new TV series... because it just ended ubrubtly and said to be continued... o I SURE HOPE SO!

Wartortle111

I thought it was pretty pathetic. Even though its for lil kids, I still think it couldve been much better. It looked like very little effort was put into it at all.

The fact that the pokemon were referring to their levels was pretty stupid. And why were the shroomish still just saying their name? I guess they couldn't think of something for them to say. "Get them! Get them!" wouldve sounded weird. None of the voices really annoyed me, they seemed alright.
The only part that I thought was pretty cool was when they showed Alkazam, Charzaird, and Tyrannitar saving the pulse and minun brothers in the volcano. I thought that was cool even though it for about 2 seconds and it was just a frame.

Hitokage

Chibi no Jutsu!!!!
It was an okay special to me. Good introduction to the game, but I think they're advertising to much. First, the manga and now this and all of this showed in America first. I think they're trying to hard. Great job, confusing the evolution line of Ekans still exist, even when 4Kids is gone.

undrhil

Pokémon Game Addict
Could have been worse, really, Hitokage. They could have called Pinser, Scyther as they had Team Rocket do in the first Pokemon movie. :)

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
I love Gengar, he's truly me after my own heart.

Now I kind of wish they'd make this an ongoing thing. Talking Pokemon rule!

Also, (evil) Skarmory's voice is too um... motherly.

I love how the music from the game and promo is retained as well.

Wonder what Kine would think of this...

Jo_the_Marten

Inferno Trainer
I thought it was really funny and cute xD Some of the pokemon sounded......different than I expected XD;; like Charmander, Pichu, Medicham. Skamory sounded halarious Before it got amnesia! I'm gonna watch this every time it comes on....I should record it too sense we don't have ANY pokemon animes

undrhil

Pokémon Game Addict
Huh ... well, I thought the voices actually sounded ok. Squirtle actually sounded like the Squirtle voice from the normal anime when he said "Squirtle" at the last part. Charmander should have been a tad higher pitched, but then it would sound like Pichu and people would get confused. :)

The Kangaskhan was exactly right! Let's think about it ... a pouched marsupial which carries it's young in it's pouch? Kangaroo? And I'm pretty sure it's only the *mother* who does the carrying. So, it makes sense to be a motherly voice. Skarmory, on the other hand ... was just comical. I laughed the first time I heard her lines.

Team Meanies was spot on, especially Medicham. It's pink, did you think it would be a "he"? The Jigglypuff and Clefairy lines will likely be female as well. Snubble being the exception, since it's obviously male by design.. and evolution. :) Pikachu sounded like a big brother should, so I see nothing wrong with the voice they chose.

Now, this brings up another question: what are they going to do about the pokemon voices in the normal anime? I know they just leave Pikachu's in from the Japanese, but the other ones are dubbed for each show. I hope they can make the Pokemon sound at least *similar* to the 4Kids dubs .. especially Jigglypuff. :)

Undrhil

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I thought it was really funny and cute xD Some of the pokemon sounded......different than I expected XD;; like Charmander, Pichu, Medicham. Skamory sounded halarious Before it got amnesia! I'm gonna watch this every time it comes on....I should record it too sense we don't have ANY pokemon animes

there's a reason Medicham sounded like that. According to her mannerisms in the Japanese version of the game, she is in fact a female (or it's really a male that likes to use "atashi", like Harley, but I can assume the former). Having played an.... [cough]illegitimate copy[cough].... long before this special aired, the feminine Medicham didn't surprise me.

And there's a reason Skarmory sounded the way she did. Again, in the Japanese game, Airmudo has a tendency to end her sentences with "zamasu". After searching on Google, I found a cache page with the following info:

zamasu is a phrase you add in the end of sentences (where normally “desu” should come) and is very commonly seen in manga/anime or TV shows. It carries the images of “rich” or “finicky” (only for female characters) but I have never in my life heard of anyone actually using it in daily life.

So, since she's apparently a "rich/finicky" woman in the Japanese game, that explains why she sounds like an English nanny here.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this as it was a pretty good adaption of the game. Considering that it was only a half-hour special, I wasn't expecting much in terms of plot, in fact, the whole thing being a blatant advertisement/introduction to the game hardly phased me. I found the execution to be really nice, managing to show off several of the game's features including the town establishments, equipment, and even levelling. The cameo appearances by the town characters and the game music was an added bonus. They even managed to hint a bit at the game's storyline with the earthquakes (though, it's a damn shame this couldn't have been a longer special, or even an OVA series, because the game has a really nice storyline, possibly the best Pokemon game story yet in my opinion, and to hint at earthquakes popping up a lot recently barely begins to get into it).

For such a blatant introduction to the game, they did kinda take a couple liberties near the end (aside from the Ijiwarus not being involved at this point, let alone being helped by the Pokemons, Airmudo originally kidnaps Dugtrio's son, Digda, because she thinks they're the ones causing the earthquakes that keep her awake every night), but I guess no advertisement's complete without the addition of Pikachu.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Anyone bother to watch the credits, presuming there were any?
You should ALL know why I'm asking this by now, but in case you don't; I'm interested in who the animation director for the special was, because from what I've seen in the preview clips that have wriggled their way online, it looks like something Iwane or Tamagawa (the best in the business) would produce. Even if this special does turn out to be as 'pre-shcool' and 'stupid' as many of you seem to be claiming, I have no doubt that the animation would save it from being a total waste~

Naetoru & Stitch

Sending out an S.O.S
I thought it was O.K. I actually liked that better then that first episode we saw. I wish we saw the guy get turned into a Pokemon, but that wasn't needed anyway, I liked that there were VERY FEW hoenn pokemon. I expected a little more, but at least they focued on 1st and 2nd generation pokemon. If this was a series, I would watch it more then the anime. After dungeon was over, I was excited for the first episode of BF, and I like Myster Dungeon better. I also wished that it would be an HOUR LONG special. So much for Cartoon Network calling it a movie. If it was an hour long, I hoped more more missions except just one mission.

I give Mystery Dungeon a...9/10.
IMO, Its making me get the game.

BTW, I saw the credits. When I saw it at about 10:00 pm EST, I was able to watch them unsqused. I didn't read much of it though.

purple umbreon

Team Spirit Leader
ive been wanting to get the game for a long time though. and right when i read everything about the game, i wondered if they were making an anime for it and thought that wouldnt happen but it did! yay! i loved it and i give a 9.9999999/10... yes i am strange.

That movie was awsome,I only thought a couple things were wrong.
1)If they wanted Skarmory to be feamle,why a female london school teacher-.-
2)Team meanies?What was team baddies already taken?
3)WTF is a corsola twig?
4)Charmander reminded me of Goofy(from Disney)When he said "Hyup"...
5)Charmander/Pichu/Medicham/ I think were played by the same person,just at different pitches.
6)Kecleons bros.,they sounds somewhat of gay....
7)Why did they call everyone like, "Auntie Kangaskan" or "Big brother Pikachu"...
8) thought they could off atleast had names...

cecil 090

chaos of the night
wow that show taught me that if a mad man with a gun tries to kill me i should give him a pie! why dont they just kill them! also the kecleon brothers did sound rather homosexualityismitudeum aka their gay also why are they called by their pokemon names instead of real ones? like if english professor skarmory does roll call ok charmander? here, charmander, here, charmander, here charmander, *the entirely class is made of charmander* this show was pretty stupid in my opinion they killed the shows completely and because of all the products, toys, cards, tv shows the games are being mocked and laughed at

P.S. the game will be better than the show since we cant here them talk =)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
WTF?

When was a gun in this episode?
Calling them by Pokemon name makes sense to me.
And this did not ruin the entire series, I thought it was great.

purple umbreon

Team Spirit Leader
how would it ruin the whole sieries? it probably got more people to like pokemon! i know alot of little kids who hated pokemon and thought it was the stupidest thing on the planet until they saw the MD show! and yes, i know im 13 but i love to act like a kid so this show is great! im watching it again today!

purple umbreon

Team Spirit Leader
i mean like a preschool kid is what i like to act like. and everyone is saying the voices were annoying, but im annoying so i barely noticed that they were annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.