• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon--Gemstone (PG 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

Ok! Take your time! I hope your cod goes away. *hands over a tissue*

Master of All

Call me Peter...
Ok! Take your time! I hope your cod goes away. *hands over a tissue*
ha... cod

anyway you take your time and make it good
and i think like TurtwigFan1-only that uxie and fake groudon has gotten much stronger

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
W00t!

Finally, chapter 11. Sorry for the long wait, but trust me, Writer's Block really, really, sucked T_T

Well, I had my first experience as a beta to someone else to train up my eyes, and I checked the grammars like, about three times. I stressed over mistakes and some parts, and this is the final product.

As for the Groudon question everyone's been asking, it's about to be revealed.

PMD2 plot spoiler included in this chapter. You have been warned.

Chapter 11--It's a Perfectly Normal Day...Or is It?

Moonlight Island—An island that is considered a mirage. Few exploration teams have claimed that they had been there, but since the island cannot be located permanently, it still remains as one of the greatest mysteries in the world.​

Poképedia Section 3: Places​

“Oh, my, gosh,” said Gardevoir unhappily as she studied herself, “All this ash is making me dirty, I am SO having a bath after this.”

Spiritomb groaned. It’s bad enough having to travel through all that lava, and right now Gardevoir’s complains made him felt like as if he will go deaf any minute.

“So this is the place?” asked Gardevoir as she looked around, “It’s strangely sunny here! It should be dusk right now…gosh, this heat is killing me too…”

“Yes, we’re here,” replied Spiritomb grumpily, thinking, why do I have to partner up with this beauty queen…?

The two had arrived at this big clearing, with a cliff face in front of them and in the cliff face was a crack big enough to fit a Wailord, except that a gigantic creature blocked the entrance of the crack. He had hard armour as red as blood. On the armour there were patterns made out of black lines. The creature’s claws were sharp and pointy. The cone shaped things sticking out of his body could make you feel as if you will be stabbed to death if you actually try to climb on him. His underbelly was a shade of grey.

And just to put it simply, he looked like a vicious killing machine.

“Uxie, come out! We know you’re there!” ordered Spiritomb, completely ignoring Groudon as if it was nothing. Groudon noticed Spiritomb’s ignorance, and gave a piercing loud roar.

Spiritomb took one look at Groudon and laughed, “Your fake Groudon won’t protect you forever, Uxie!” As soon as Spiritomb finished speaking, this wave of dark purplish energy was released from his mouth and straight towards Groudon. For some weird reason, it did not do as much damage as what Spiritomb was expecting. Groudon stared at the two with a sneering expression on his face.

“Think I am fake, are you?” roared the continent Pokémon, “That tickles, by the way.”

Spiritomb flinched at the surprising answer. “You…you…no! IMPOSSIBLE! You CAN’T be the real thing!”

“SPIRITOMB! Are you sure it was FAKE Groudon that you fought before?” asked Gardevoir, annoyed and frightened at the same time.

“I…I…” Spiritomb stammered on, “I am absolutely, positively…”

“I am the real thing, my dear Spiritomb,” interrupted Groudon casually, he gave another ear splitting roar before continuing, “You hurt Uxie, you die,” with a great big stomp from his foot, Groudon produced a crack on the ground, which started to get longer and bigger. Gardevoir fell to the ground due to the tremor and nearly dropped her gem. She was too shocked to get up as the crack moved towards her. Drops of sweat rolled down her back, caused by of both the heat and the fact that she was scared stiff. Then, all of a sudden, the two pieces of earth split as a helpless Gardevoir fell into the giant crack, screaming at the top of her voice.

The fissure Groudon had created did not affect Spiritomb, but he remained speechless and frozen on the spot. He did not dare take his eyes off the ferocious red monster, and he wasn’t sure whether Groudon’s power was amazing or frightening. Groudon did not waste his time to get rid of the second opponent as he shoots out a star shaped ring of fire, it spun swiftly and hit Spiritomb, which knocked him towards the opening of the fissure.

A great stinging pain shot throughout Spiritomb’s body, he felt as if his body was made from lava. Hurting too much to levitate anymore, Spiritomb absorbed himself into the keystone. The keystone then dropped down the fissure, bouncing on the walls as if it was a little pebble.

“Nice work, Groudon,” said another voice as a figure much smaller than Groudon appeared beside him. Uxie was a small blue-greyish fairy, with a yellow turban on his head; on his yellow turban was a bright red gem. He has two identical tails, both end looked a bit like maple leaves, each have a separate small red gem on it.

“My pleasure, Uxie,” said Groudon as he looked at the fissure, “But one of the intruders held the gem that belonged to you, she fell into the pit. I am sorry, Uxie.”

“It’s fine,” said Uxie gently, “As long as they do not know the secrets held within that gem, it’ll be rendered worthless to them, so everything should be safe.”

Groudon looked down the fissure; it was really deep, the walls had jagged rocks sticking out and the bottom was nowhere to be seen. “Are…are they…dead?” he asked.

Uxie answered in a calmly manner, “I don’t think so, that Gardevoir has the ability to teleport them both out of there, plus Spiritomb can protect himself in that vile keystone of his.”

“If they’re not dead, then they might come and harass you again!” exclaimed Groudon frustratedly, he gave a huge sign before continuing, “I wish I could stay here longer and help you, but I have a desert to guard.”

“No need for that, but thank you for concerning about my welfare, Groudon,” said Uxie gratefully, he chuckled a bit before continuing, “By watching you just then, I am confident the I can now make my fake Groudon a bit more realistic than before.”

“Well, if you say so…” said Groudon as he gave a great sigh.

After teleporting Groudon back to Simmering Desert, Uxie pondered about Spiritomb and Gardevoir as he faced the magnificent lake he was guarding It had beautiful flowing waterfalls that made splashing noises and glittering lights made by groups of Volbeat and Illumise. All of which he could not see, however, as he had to keep his eyes closed unless he felt the need to wipe out anyone’s memories.

Gardevoir did a really good job on keeping her mind closed, and I can’t read Spiritomb’s mind either…so what are they up to? Thought Uxie, the Memory Gem is for reviving someone’s memory, but whose memory do they want to revive?

**********​

“Rosa, Oliver!” Jenny hissed to her two teammates at breakfast, “I found out something about Liam!”

Rosa quickly put down the apple that was in her hand while Oliver stopped half way through eating a piece of mango, his attention on Jenny.

“What did he said?” asked Rosa eagerly.

Jenny motioned the two to lean forward and said in a tiny voice, “He said that he helped changed the past or something, which result in him ceasing to exist. I am not sure what he’s on about though…”

“Hang on,” interrupted Oliver, “Let me get this straight, he said that he ceased to exist because he helped change the past?”

Jenny nodded as Oliver and Rosa looked at each other meaningfully.

“Well?” asked Jenny.

“This sounded just like what happened in The Story of Time Saviours!” exclaimed Rosa, “Wait…didn’t that story…”

Jenny looked puzzled.

“Sorry, but what is The Story of Time Saviours?”

Oliver replied, “It’s a story about this exploration team who saved the world from the planet’s paralysis, my parents used to tell me this story when I can’t get to sleep…”

“I don’t see how this story’s got anything to do with Liam,” said Jenny, feeling even more confused than before, “And what the hell is the planet’s paralysis?”

Rosa explained, “Look, it’s a rather long and complicated story…”

But before she could finish talking, Sunflora approached them and said, “Team Gemstar, may I ask you a favour?”

Jenny jumped at Sunflora’s voice, before blabbering out, “Oh my goodness Guildmaster! You gave us such a fright!”

“So what would the favour be?” asked Oliver in curiosity.

“Well, I decided to set up a reading area outside my office after I found a pile of unwanted books the other day,” explained Sunflora, putting both her leaves (hands) together, “It’s quite a huge pile and there are some really good book in there! I was wondering if you could help me.”

Rosa replied, “Sure thing!”

“Great! We’ll start after breakfast!” said Sunflora cheerfully as she skipped away.

**********​

“Rosa…are you sure you can carry six books at once?” Jenny asked uncertainly as she watched Rosa reaching for a pile of book.

“I’ll help you carry two,” Oliver offered, but Rosa politely declined him, saying that it’s fine, she’s confident that her flippers can take the weight of six books.

“Let’s see…The Origin, Jynx’s Romance Diary…” muttered Sunflora as she went through the books, sorting them in alphabetical order. Jenny, on the other hand, got the job of checking if Sunflora had put the books put them in the wrong order or not.

“Here you go, Guildmaste—ahhh!” as Rosa was about to hand some books to Sunflora when she tripped over something and kissed the ground, sending the books flying in random directions. Jenny immediately rushed over.

“Are you okay?” Jenny asked as Sunflora helped Rosa up.

“I am fine,” said Rosa nonchalantly, “Oww…my beak, that hurts,” she turned around and picked up the book that had tripped her over; it was a small but thick black paperback with gold writings on the cover, “The Story of Time Saviours…”

Jenny’s ears perked up as she hear the title, “Did you just said ‘The Story of Time Saviours’?”

Rosa nodded as she handed the book to Jenny.

“Ahhh, the Story of Time Saviours…” exclaimed Sunflora as she started to look dreamily at the book, “I knew the story very well.”

“May I borrow this?” asked Jenny politely.

“Sure!” said Sunflora, “But don’t start reading it now though,” she added as she saw Jenny started opening the book, “It’s quite a long story and right now you’re helping me.”

“And after that we have our Dojo training,” said Rosa.

Jenny sighed, she wished she could read the book soon.

**********​

That afternoon, Team Gemstar was facing their last opponent of the day, which turned out to be Team Avatar. Both teams stood on one side of the room as they looked at each other, ready to strike. As soon as the signals were given from both team captains, everyone launched into action.

“Rosa, Distract Sokka while I go for Aang!” Jenny instructed, “Oliver, you go for Katara!”

It was easier said than done. Jenny tried to attack Aang by scratching him, but he created illusions of himself surrounding her, which confused Jenny as she stood there, not sure which Starly was the real one. Sokka tossed his bone skilfully as it spun towards Rosa like a boomerang. Rosa was about to blast it away with her Bubble attack but Sokka’s Bonemerang proved to be faster, sending her to the ground.

Oliver seemed to be slower than usual, which made him an easy target as Katara squirt this column of water at him. She then took this chance and breathed out a mixture icy wind and ice shards, freezing his feet in place.

“Damn it,” Jenny cursed under her breath as she watched the fiasco unfold. Whilst she was busy cursing, Aang took the opportunity to attack; his illusions started to follow him and disappear as Aang flew up, dived down and charged horizontally towards Jenny. Jenny turned just in time to see Aang but she wasn’t fast enough to dodge as she got knocked into the air.

Rosa wasn’t about to give in so easily; she quickly formed a water sphere in between her flippers and flicked it at Sokka. Sokka stood firmly on the ground, holding his bone like holding a baseball bat. As the attack came closer, he swung the bone powerfully, sending Rosa’s Water Pulse attack flying in another direction. Sokka waved his bone in the air and cheered, “Oh yes! I did it! Go me!”

Unfortunately for Sokka, he celebrated a bit too early as the water sphere hit Aang on his right wing, resulting in him having to make a crash landing onto the ground. Rosa seemed quite pleased with her result, while Sokka complained exasperatedly, “Aw man! What the heck just happened?”

“It’s alright Sokka! Just don’t do that next time!” said Aang as he slowly got up.

Luckily, Katara did not notice Sokka’s pathetic attempt of diverting Rosa’s Water Pulse, as she was busy attacking Oliver. A struggling Oliver tried to move, but to no avail. As Katara was about to squirt water from her mouth again, Rosa did a full body charge at her and rammed Katara to the wall, stopping her from attacking.

Jenny, on the other hand, got up and studied Aang carefully as the injured Starly got up, his wings half soaked with water. Then, secretly hoping that her timing was correct, Jenny stroke with her claw, meaning to do a scratch attack. Except that her talon was glowing with a black energy as she slashed down on Aang. Caught off guard by Jenny’s sudden attack, Aang jumped up into the air in pain, before steadily himself, flapping his wings slowly but rhythmically. Jenny was surprised too—she had just learnt Night Slash.

As Rosa kept Katara busy, Oliver began to contribute to the battle as much as he could by spitting green seeds from his mouth, which flew towards Sokka. Sokka could not do anything except for raising his arms to cover his face. Oliver did not stop here, however: he then put his two hands together as green energy began flowing from Sokka’s body and being absorbed by Oliver. Katara suddenly broke free from Rosa and attempted in using Icy Wind on Oliver yet again, but Rosa ran in between and took the attack, leaving her sneezing like crazy.

“Ah…choo! Urk…sorry,” Rosa apologised, but thanks to her, Oliver was able to finish off his Absorb attack as Sokka fell to the floor, too weak to get up again.

Whilst Rosa and Oliver were occupied, Jenny and Aang had started a little staring contest, both watching out for any sudden movements. Jenny got a little bit impatient and tried to attack Aang with Night Slash again, it proved to be fatal however, as Aang gracefully did a loop-a-loop in the air and flew behind Jenny, then he charged at her with his wings spread out wide. Jenny ended up hitting the wall hard; a stinging pain shot through her body before she landed on the ground in unconsciousness.

As soon as Aang defeated Jenny, his body started glowing pearly white, and somehow—he started growing! Everyone stopped and watched Aang in amazement.

“That doesn’t look like Bide to me!” Rosa exclaimed, “Is he…”

The light abruptly faded and flapping in midair was Aang, except he looked very different from before. His wingspan was longer, there was an “M” shaped pattern on his neck and he had grown a little curly crest on his head.

“Hoooooley…” Aang spoke, feeling dazed, “I felt so different and…” he started admiring his body, “I LOOKED so different from before!”

“You evolved,” Katara answered, looking at him in an astounded way.

“Evolved?” asked Jenny as she woke up, her backs hurting, “What is that supposed to…”

“You grow stronger and look different,” answered Oliver.

“Speaking of which…” Katara paused for a few seconds before blasting Oliver away with Water Gun, “We still have to finish this battle.”

“Hey!” Oliver whined as he sat up, “You weren’t playing fa…” but before he could finish, Katara breathed out yet another Icy Wind attack, which hit Oliver severely as he too was beaten.

Uh-oh, thought Rosa as she looked at her opponents, it’s two against one now. She decided to finish off Aang first as she charged her Water Pulse attack between her flippers, before flicking it at Aang. Unfortunately for Aang, it hit him on the wing again as he was forced to make another crash landing. As Aang tried to fly again, he found his right wing heavy and somehow a bit out of shape. Rosa did not waste time as stream of bubbles came out from her beak, but before it could hit Aang, Katara ran in between the two of them and blew out ice and wind, freezing Rosa’s Bubble attack.

“Crap,” Rosa cursed, she attempted in doing a Bide attack, but Katara and Aang both managed to dodge before the attack hits one of them. Katara tackled Rosa to the wall, hoping to finally defeat her, but Rosa was still conscious as she used Bubble again. The attack was originally was intended for Katara, who was closest to Rosa, but somehow Katara managed to roll her body to the side as the attack hit Aang instead and knocked him out.

It was now down to Katara and Rosa. Rosa tried attacking her, but Katara was stronger and quicker than Rosa as she pinned her to the ground using her limbs. Rosa tried to get Katara off her by pounding with her flipper but to no avail. Surprisingly, Katara retreated after Rosa’s Pound attack. Rosa thought she must’ve surprised Katara with her attack.

She was wrong. As soon as she stood up, a pile of mud was hurled at her, and that was the last thing she saw before she passed out.

**********​

“Wow, an evolution,” said Rosa, “I wonder when I will evolve, if we all do evolve one day, I’ll be a Prinplup, Jenny will be a Combusken and Oliver will be a Grovyle…”

“Yeah, I’ll finally have arms,” Jenny laughed, remembering the picture from her Poképedia.

“And I’ll be taller!” Oliver added, “Boy, I thought Team Avatar were easy to defeat, but it turned out that THEY defeated us.”

“That’s because you were flirting with Katara most of the time,” said Rosa as she looked at Oliver meaningfully, “Isn’t that right Jenny?”

Jenny laughed, “Yep, Oliver’s eyes were as round as apples when he saw her, and not to mention the way he blushed in front of her…”

“Just shut it already!” Oliver protested as he crossed his arms and turned his head away so the girls couldn’t see him blushing.

Jenny ignored him and continued talking to Rosa, “And remember when Katara was about to walk out of the Dojo? Oliver was about to follow her if you weren’t there to hold him off…”

“Jenny…” Oliver raised his voice warningly, blushing even redder.

“Alright, alright…” a smiling Rosa stepped in between them and said, “Okay, we’ll shut up,” but as soon as Oliver turned his head away, Jenny and Rosa quietly giggled behind him.

Girls…Oliver thought, shaking his head.

“Hi Jenny!” greeted a familiar voice, Jenny turned to look and saw Nancy walking towards them.

“Hi Nancy! So did Mister Gabite said anything about yesterday?”

“Well…” Nancy was about to say something, but Oliver interrupted.

“Did he beat you up?” Oliver asked quickly, “If he did then you tell me, and I’ll…”

“Oliver,” Rosa interrupted exasperatedly, “Nancy hasn’t got any injuries on her, and I highly doubt Mister Gabite would want to hold a grudge against her over a little wooden sculpture being knocked on the ground.”

“Well, he just told me not to touched that little wooden sculpture again, that’s all,” answered Nancy, “Then he carried on as if nothing had happened.”

“Right…” said Oliver.

After saying goodbye to Nancy, Team Gemstar was on their way back to the guild when they saw a figure lying on the side of road, the figure looked too still to be sleeping.

“Hey Jenny, look!” said Rosa as she pointed her flipper at the motionless figure. Jenny ran over too get a closer look, and was surprised to see a Pokémon she had never seen before.

“It’s a Gardevoir,” explained Oliver as he stood beside Jenny.

Rosa placed one of her flippers underneath Gardevoir’s nose and said urgently, “She’s still breathing, but she’s in a really bad state! Maybe we should carry her back to the guild!” Rosa was right. Gardevoir’s face was all dirty from mud and dirt; her body was covered in scratches, bits of blood and big bruises. Jenny reckoned that she looked like some beautiful princess who had tried to escape from a dragon that has been guarding her in a high tower—and obviously hurt herself badly during the escape.

“But how are we going to carry her?” asked Jenny as she watched Oliver trying to lift Gardevoir up: he mustered up all his strength and attempted in lifting her up, sadly, it did not work. “Plus, I don’t have arms and I don’t think I can carry anyone using talons,” she added, looking down.

“I know!” suggested Oliver, “You go get some guild members while Rosa and I stay here.”

As soon as Oliver finished talking, Jenny ran as fast as she could back to the guild, treating every minute as a countdown to Gardevoir’s death.

As Jenny approached the Guild, a familiar mechanical voice rang out, “Bzz…You are now…”

“Cory!” Jenny interrupted loudly as she stood in front of the guild entrance panting, “Urgent! Pokémon…in trouble!”

Immediately, Paul jumped out from nowhere and asked quickly, “Who’s in trouble?”

“A…a Gardevoir…” Jenny stuttered, she nudged her head and said, “Rosa and Oliver are looking after her now…they’re down the hill.”

“Right, I am on to it,” Paul answered; his eye glowed as he let this bright red energy surround him. In the blink of an eye, he was gone.

“Paul is not supposed to do that, bzz,” said Cory nonchalantly as he levitated beside Jenny, “He still has about ten minutes before we finish our job, bzz.”

Great…another workaholic, thought Jenny, before remembering that Cory was a robotic Pokémon. In about a few seconds Paul reappeared, this time with Rosa and Oliver by his side; in his arms was Gardevoir.

Bibi suddenly appeared on the top stairs asking, “Who’s in trouble? Sorry I was a bit lat…oh golly gosh!” he gasped as he saw Gardevoir’s motionless body, “She need some medical attention immediately!”

“Jenny, go get Nurse Ch…” before Paul could finish his sentence, Jenny had already rushed off. Paul sighed as he watched Jenny running down the hill, “Rosa, Oliver, try and set up a temporary bed for her.”

Oliver set off down to the guild sub-level. Rosa was about to follow suit when she saw something on the ground: it was a curious looking green and yellow diamond shaped gem. Gently, Rosa picked it up and examined it with great curiosity. She then compared it with her own and was amazed at how the design looked so similar. It must be Gardevoir's, she thought, I better keep it safe, so when she wakes up I can give it back to her.

“Rosa, are you coming?” asked Oliver.

“Right,” Rosa picked the gem up and followed him.

**********​

A few hours later, Nurse Chansey came out from Team Eclipse’s room, where the temporary bed was set.

“Well?” asked Sunflora worriedly.

Nurse Chansey said, “She’s still unconscious, she broke one of her arms and judging by close examination, I think she travelled a long way and that the exhaustion must’ve worsen her injuries. She’s lucky that she hasn’t got any infections on her wounds, though. My suggestion is that no one bothers her, and if she wakes up, give me a call.”

Everybody sighed in relief.

“I wonder how she ended up here,” said Jenny.

“I hope we got our room back as soon as possible though,” commented Ponyta, ignoring the disapproving look from Ralts and Turtwig, “I mean it, where are we going to sleep tonight now?”

“Good question,” said Pikachu, sounding bored.

“We always have a spare space in our room,” said Skitty in a friendly voice, “Don’t we everyone?”

“Yeah,” added Aang as the others started discussing what a great idea it was, “I think all the rooms can fit four team members!”

“Then that’s settled then!” said Sunflora cheerfully, “Thank you Skitty, for suggesting this lovely idea to all of us!”

And as much as Jenny hate admitting it, Skitty was right. In the end, Ralts got Team Avatar’s room, Turtwig had chosen Team CBE’s, which leaves Ponyta with Team Gemstar.

**********​

“I am staying outside for a bit,” Ponyta told Team Gemstar as they were about to head back into their room.

“Okay then,” answered Rosa.

Jenny closed the door before hopping onto her bed. Rosa took out the book from the drawer and threw it onto her bed as Oliver went over and sat down.

“This is a long story,” said Oliver as he flipped through the pages. The texts were pretty small and the paper looked a bit aged.

“Looks like I won’t be finishing reading this tonight,” said Jenny with a sigh.
“Well,” suggested Oliver, “You could always listen to the shorter version.”

“So what are your guesses on Liam?” asked Jenny.

“Well, in the story, it said that in some places in the world, there were these things called Time Gears,” explained Oliver.

“Then, suddenly, out of nowhere,” Rosa continued in a dramatically-mysterious voice, “This Grovyle…”

“Rosa!” Jenny interrupted, desperately holding back her giggles, “You couldn’t scare a baby with that kind of voice.”

“It was worth an attempt anyway,” chortled Oliver.

Rosa scratched her head and gave them an embarrassed smile, “I was trying to add some excitement in the story…”

“Well, you’re not doing a good job of it,” teased Oliver, he stuck out his tongue before adding, “Continue on please, ‘master’ storyteller.”

Rosa cleared her throat and continued on, “Well, this Grovyle suddenly came out of nowhere and started stealing them.”

“So what happens when the Time Gears are stolen?” asked Jenny.

“Well, for starters,” Oliver clarified, “Time Gears keeps the time flowing in places where there is one so when the Time Gear goes missing…time stopped in those places. Which will cause what they called planet’s paralysis, where the time will eventually stops everywhere because of the absence of the Time Gears. And when that happens, no wind will blow, waterfalls will stop flowing, the sun will never rise, Pokémon stops evolving…the world will be plunged into an eternal darkness.”

Jenny gave out a long whistle, “That was a long explanation, but at least I get what you meant,” she said.

“A huge bounty was placed on him, but most importantly, everyone feared him,” Rosa continued, “At that time, there was a new team called Team Destiny from Wigglytuff’s guild, they were determined to stop him. Elisa the Chikorita and Sapphire the Piplup were the leaders.”

“Sapphire…Mister Gabite’s little statuette is also called Sapphire, but she was an Empoleon,” said Jenny.

“Well, she evolved later on, that’s why,” answered Oliver.

“Oh…so what’s with Elisa and Sapphire?”

“The Wigglytuff’s guild went onto an expedition to explore what’s beyond Foggy Forest,” Rosa recounted, “Elisa and Sapphire found this dungeon called Steam Cave and, would you believe it, there was actually a lake at the top of the cave! Floating in the middle of the lake was a Time Gear and everyone in the Wigglytuff’s Guild saw it. The lake guardian, Uxie, told them to keep quiet about what they’ve saw, or else he will wipe their memories…”

“Wait, hold on!” interrupted Jenny, “If this Uxie Pokémon can wipe out memories…does this mean that I may have been a victim? I mean, losing my memories and all that…it kinda matches.”

“Good question,” said Rosa, “But then…”

“What?” Jenny pressed on.

“Gah, I should’ve realised it earlier!” cursed Rosa irritatedly as she slapped her forehead.

“Rosa, you’re not making any sense,” said a puzzled Jenny, “What’s wrong?”

“Elisa…she…she…”

“She what?” Jenny asked, looking at Rosa desperately. What is it with Rosa? Jenny thought.

“She used to be a human, just like you,” answered Oliver quickly, “In the story, Uxie said that he had never wiped out any memories from a human.”

Jenny felt like she had just been hit with Pikachu’s Thunder Wave attack again. The room went deathly silent as Oliver looked at his two teammates uncomfortably.

“I…” Rosa was about to say something, but Oliver silenced her.

“How come you never told me that before?” demanded Jenny, giving her teammates an annoyed look.

“I forgot!” Rosa protested, waving her flippers in the air, “I am not lying! It has been a long time since I was last told of that story, and…and it only came to my mind this morning at breakfast!”

“What about you Oliver?” said Jenny angrily, “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten the story too!”

Oliver was speechless.

“Well?” Jenny demanded, “Tell me!”

“I did not forget it, but…” Oliver stammered, “I thought…I thought the story wasn’t real! I thought it was a myth!”

“The story IS real,” explained Rosa, a mixture of disbelief and exasperation flow through her, “Everyone knows that!”

“I didn’t,” said Oliver guiltily.

“Alright…” said Jenny exasperatedly, she took a deep breath before continuing, “What happens next?”

“Few days after Wigglytuff’s guild came back from their expedition,” Rosa carried on, “The Time Gear was stolen. None of the guild members gave any information away—somehow the thief knew it himself.”

“At that time,” said Oliver, “There was this famous explorer called Dusknoir who payed a visit to the guild. He decided to help the guild to hunt down the thief once and for all. So they worked together and sent out search parties to hunt down Grovyle.”

“Team Destiny found him first,” Rosa continued, “At this place called Quicksand Cave. The amazing thing was that at the bottom of the cave, there was ANOTHER lake! This time guarded by Mesprit.”

“Mesprit started attacking Team Destiny before they could state their purpose of being here. Somehow, Team Destiny managed to weaken Mesprit. They tried to explain why they were there, but Mesprit refused to listen. Then Grovyle turned up…”

“And let me guess, he stole the Time Gear easily,” interrupted Jenny.

Rosa nodded.

“Guys…” Jenny inquired, “I know where you’re getting at, you’re saying that Liam could’ve been the Time Gear Thief…but I still don’t get how he ‘helped change the future and ceasing to exist’. So far all I knew was Team Destiny and how Liam could be this bad guy trying to stop time flowing.”

“Well, you had to know about the whole story first,” said Rosa, “Or else you won’t understand what is going on.”

“So he stole the Time Gear…but won’t this freeze Team Destiny and Mesprit there?”

“Nah,” Oliver answered, “They escaped just before they were frozen in time.”

“By then, there was only one Time Gear left,” Rosa went on, “No one knew where the fifth Time Gear was and things were getting a bit desperate to protect the last Time Gear. Luckily, one of the guild members at that time, Bidoof—he treasured a crystal that he had collected whilst he was searching in Crystal Cave. Turned out that Elisa had this special ability: when she touches something, she gets a vision of either the future or the past.”

“The name for it was Dimensional Scream,” said Oliver.

“So what happens when Elisa touched the crystal?” asked Jenny.

Rosa responded, “According to her, she had this vision where Grovyle was threatening this other Pokémon…and he looked somewhat similar to Uxie and Mesprit.”

“Nobody was sure whether this happened in the future or past,” explained Oliver, “So everyone decided to investigate Crystal Cave once more.”

“Team Destiny arrived at this crossing, where there was three tall column of crystals,” Rosa waved her flippers in the air to indicate how big the crystals were, “The crystals, they found out, were puzzle pieces. They eventually figured out how to solve it and this cave entrance risen from the ground!”

“It’s just as Elisa predicted—Grovyle was there indeed, threatening the third lake guardian, Azelf. Azelf was smart however,” said Oliver, sounding a bit bemused, “He knew that Grovyle was coming so he set up a fail-safe trap, preventing him to get the Time Gear.”

“Team Destiny tried to defeat Grovyle, but he was too strong for them, they got knocked unconscious,” said Rosa, “Dusknoir turned up seconds later but he failed to catch Grovyle…however, the fifth Time Gear remained safe.”

“Did they actually caught him in the end, though?” asked Jenny.

Just as Rosa was about to answer, Crawdaunt knocked on the door and said, “Bedtime Team Gemstar!” The door then opened as Ponyta walked in, looking sleepy.

“Ponyta…oh damn it!” Oliver slapped his forehead before continuing, “We forgot to move her bed in here!”

“I don’t have a bed actually,” said Ponyta, “I sleep whilst standing up.” She trotted into the corner opposite to Oliver’s bed, shuffled at the ground a few times, and closed her eyes.

“Well then…” said Rosa, “Looks like we had to continue the story in another time.”

“After all, it did took three nights before my parents finish telling the story to me,” explained Oliver.

Jenny sighed, showing hints of impatience in her voice.

**********​

“Useless,” an angry voice boomed.

“Ma…master…” Spiritomb stammered not daring to look up at the red, glowing eyes, “I…”

“Silence!” the voice commanded, “Your failure is unacceptable. Whilst I had to go and rescue you from that fissure, my prisoner nearly escaped.” The red eyes then turned its attention to a motionless figure on the ground, “You may be able to hunt down Darkrai,” the voice taunted, “But you can’t run away from me.”

Another mirthless female voice started laughing, but ‘master’ immediately interrupted.

“What are you laughing at? It’s your responsibility to look after our guest and the prisoner, and you failed to do so.”

The female voice stopped laughing and stayed deathly quiet after that.
“So…what about Gardevoir?” asked Spiritomb, “She teleported herself out first without taking me with her! What a traitor.”

“Gardevoir…” the ‘master’ pondered for a few seconds before continuing, “I’ll deal with her later, but for now, because of your failure, you’re to stay here and look after my guest and the prisoner.”

Spiritomb formed a sad face as he gave a long groan. As the pair red eyes started to fade, ‘master’ said, “Useless, I expect better next time.”

TBC...

(...now do whatever the crap you want.)

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
First review, YAY!

Okay SP123, this chapter was really interesting. So I take it Elisa's the Meganium right? And I think that maybe Emily's nickname was Sapphire. Possibly Mister Gabite joined afterwards?

But now for the review. Your grammar is still not perfect but it's pretty great, however I'll let the grammar freaks do that for you. I really like the storyline you've got going but one question. If Aang's a Staravia now, Sokka's a Cubone, what's Katara? 'Cause I've had a memory lapse!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
A good chapter after the long wait. Unfortunately, it makes it hard to wait for the next one with the ending.

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
LOL more Oilver and Katara fun and the master is not Darkrai but I think I know who... can't wait for chapter 12

EDIT:Katara is a Mudkip Turtwigfan1

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I think this was a good chapter as always! Cool PMD2 spoilers! Also, I think Team Destiny is Elisa the Meganium, Emily (nicknamed Sapphire) the Empoleon with Mister Gabite. I also think that Elisa was from the future just like Liam.

mew_nani

Uh... You lost me.
sorry I'm late, I was banned from the computer. Yahooey, geat story, but I caught a slip:

“Specking of which…”
hahaha... what in the world does that mean?

There's some other minor errors in there, but I posted that one, since it's my all time favorite quote.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I would like to make the suggestion you occasionally replace pronouns with the species of Pokemon the characters are. It would make it easier to know who is what.

Brumrha

Banned
You got hit by the huge concrete block of idealessness?

AHHHH! NOOO!!

Now this is going to go slowly for me, as I've got way too much time on my hands...

Anyway, it's Nazi-ing time!
*Busts out his microscopic sights*

Moonlight Island—An island that is considered a mirage. Few exploration teams have claimed that they had been there, but since the island cannot be located permanently, it still remains as one of the greatest mysteries in the world.​

Did you come up with this place yourself?

“Oh, my, gosh,” said Gardevoir unhappily as she studied herself, “All this ash is making me dirty, I am SO having a bath after this.”

Spiritomb groaned. It’s bad enough having to travel through all that lava, and right now Gardevoir’s complains made him felt like as if he will go deaf any minute.

“So this is the place?” asked Gardevoir as she looked around, “It’s strangely sunny here! It should be dusk right now…gosh, this heat is killing me too…”

“Yes, we’re here,” replied Spiritomb grumpily, thinking, why do I have to partner up with this beauty queen…?

*snickers* Funny, funny, funny!

The two had arrived at this big clearing, with a cliff face in front of them, and in the cliff face was a crack big enough to fit a Wailord, except that a gigantic creature blocked the entrance of the crack. He had hard armour that's as red as blood. On the armour, there were patterns made out of black lines. The creature’s claws were sharp and pointy. The cone shaped things sticking out of his body could make you feel as if you will be stabbed to death if you actually try to climb on him. His underbelly was a shade of grey.

Lot's of things wrong with this:
1. missing commas
2. missing something...
3. three improper tenses; the two "were"s & the "was" should be present tense.
4. these "cone shaped things" are spikes

“I am the real thing, my dear Spiritomb,” interrupted Groudon casually, he gave another ear splitting roar before continuing, “You hurt Uxie, you die,” with a great big stomp from his foot, Groudon produced a crack on the ground, which started to get longer and bigger. Gardevoir fell to the ground due to the tremor and nearly dropped her gem. She was too shocked to get up as the crack moved towards her. Drops of sweat rolled down her back, caused by of both the heat and the fact that she was scared stiff. Then, all of a sudden, the two pieces of earth split as a helpless Gardevoir fell into the giant crack, screaming at the top of her voice.

Should be lungs, but I'll leave that up to you...

Gardevoir did a really good job on keeping her mind closed, and I can’t read Spiritomb’s mind either…so what are they up to? Thought Uxie, the Memory Gem is for reviving someone’s memory, but whose memory do they want to revive?

Capitalize.

Rosa quickly put down the apple that was in her hand while Oliver stopped half way through eating a piece of mango, his attention on Jenny.

Umm... since when did Rosa have hands?

“What did he said?” asked Rosa eagerly.

Say...

Jenny jumped at Sunflora’s voice, before blabbering out, “Oh my goodness, Guildmaster! You gave us such a fright!”

Another missing comma...

“Well, I decided to set up a reading area outside my office after I found a pile of unwanted books the other day,” explained Sunflora, putting both her leaves (hands) together, “It’s quite a huge pile and there are some really good book in there! I was wondering if you could help me.”

That should be plural, books. That sentence sounds just wrong with its singular type.

“I’ll help you carry two,” Oliver offered, but Rosa politely declined him, saying that it’s fine, she’s confident that her flippers can take the weight of six books.

Found a run-on here. Replace comma with period, & capitalize the "s" in saying.

“Let’s see…The Origin, Jynx’s Romance Diary…” muttered Sunflora as she went through the books, sorting them in alphabetical order. Jenny, on the other hand, got the job of checking if Sunflora had put the books put them in the wrong order or not.

Lose that segment.

“Here you go, Guildmaste—ahhh!” as Rosa was about to hand some books to Sunflora, when she tripped over something and kissed the ground, sending the books flying in random directions. Jenny immediately rushed over.

Fumblllle!!
*snickers*

Anyhow, lose the red word, & added yet another comma.

Jenny’s ears perked up as she hear the title, “Did you just said ‘The Story of Time Saviours’?”

Another improper tense. That should be heard.

Jenny, on the other hand, got up and studied Aang carefully as the injured Starly got up, his wings half soaked with water. Then, secretly hoping that her timing was correct, Jenny stroke with her claw, meaning to do a scratch attack. Except that her talon was glowing with a black energy as she slashed down on Aang. Caught off guard by Jenny’s sudden attack, Aang jumped up into the air in pain, before steadily himself, flapping his wings slowly but rhythmically. Jenny was surprised too—she had just learnt Night Slash.

Jenny learned Night Slash! Huzzah!!

The light abruptly faded and flapping in midair was Aang, except he looked very different from before. His wingspan was longer, there was an “M” shaped pattern on his neck and he had grown a little curly crest on his head.

“Hoooooley…” Aang spoke, feeling dazed, “I felt so different and…” he started admiring his body, “I LOOKED so different from before!”

Ooh, boy... Mid-war upgrade.

Oliver set off down to the guild sub-level. Rosa was about to follow suit when she saw something on the ground: it was a curious looking green and yellow diamond shaped gem. Gently, Rosa picked it up and examined it with great curiosity. She then compared it with her own and was amazed at how the design looked so similar. It must be Gardevoir's, she thought, I better keep it safe, so when she wakes up I can give it back to her.

I wonder how that Gardevoir is going to react to this...

“Looks like I won’t be finishing reading this tonight,” said Jenny with a sigh.
^
v
“Well,” suggested Oliver, “You could always listen to the shorter version.”

Space these two out.

“Well, for starters,” Oliver clarified, “The Time Gears keeps the time flowing in places where there is one. so when the Time Gear goes missing…time stopped in those places. Which will cause what they called the planet’s paralysis, where the time will eventually stops everywhere because of the absence of the Time Gears. And when that happens, no wind will blow, waterfalls will stop flowing, the sun will never rise, Pokémon stops evolving…<>the world will be plunged into an eternal darkness.”

Another bundle...
1. Added something
2. keep
3. Run-on; added period, & capitalize the "s" in so.
4. Replace with comma, & lowercase the "w" in which.
5. Added something again
6. Lose that
7. Stop
8. Times two
9. Space these two out.

“A huge bounty was placed on him, but most importantly, everyone feared him,” Rosa continued, “At that time, there was a new team called Team Destiny from Wigglytuff’s guild, & they were determined to stop him. Elisa the Chikorita and Sapphire the Piplup were the leaders.”

Missing something...

“Ma…master…” Spiritomb stammered not daring to look up at the red, glowing eyes, “I…”

“Silence!” the voice commanded, “Your failure is unacceptable. Whilst I had to go and rescue you from that fissure, my prisoner nearly escaped.” The red eyes then turned its attention to a motionless figure on the ground, “You may be able to hunt down Darkrai,” the voice taunted, “But you can’t run away from me.”

Uh oh... evil rears its ugly face at us...

That does it for me.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Amazing as always!
Smart, how Uxie and Groudon are friends (Why else would Uxie make groudon illusions?)

How come girls are so mean? Teasing Oliver like that.... Opps! No offence meant, of course!

I suspect Mr. Gabite was part of team destiny...

Gigging guest of evil... wonder what pokemon that could be...

And I wonder what's gonna happen when Garvevoir wakes up...

See Ya LAter!

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Hurrah, reviews.

To TurtwigFan1: Just think about "So I heard you liek Mudkips?" and you'll remember what Pokemon Katara is. *got shot for lame advice*

To The Big Al: I am glad that you've enjoyed it. However, a good chapter takes time...so please bear with me. Also, thanks for the advice! I've never thought of that before actually.

To mew_nani: Err...about that ^^;

To Brumrha: *facepalm* I made this much mistakes? 0_o Oh sh--*Jenny presses the 'beep' button*
And to answer your question, yes...Moonlight Island is a place which I had made up. Inspired by Mirage Island actually 0_o

To Kindrindra: Yes, the girls are mean when it comes to teasing.*evil smile*

Illusione-Tempus

PMD2 plot spoiler included in this chapter. You have been warned.
Nah, I'll be fine because I finished it already... my bro however, is in trouble in the Hidden Land (I saved him 4 times, lol)

Wow, I wish Cresselia lives there...

“That tickles, by the way.”
I never thought Groudon has a sense of humor...

]After teleporting Groudon back to Simmering Desert, Uxie pondered about Spiritomb and Gardevoir as he faced the magnificent lake he was guarding It had beautiful flowing waterfalls that made splashing noises and glittering lights made by groups of Volbeat and Illumise. All of which he could not see, however, as he had to keep his eyes closed unless he felt the need to wipe out anyone’s memories.
For once I thought Uxie really have to close his eyes...

learned, you'll never hear the word learnt...
Wow! Jenny learned Night Slash! *takes out banner*

As Rosa kept Katara busy, Oliver began to contribute to the battle as much as he could by spitting green seeds from his mouth, which flew towards Sokka. Sokka could not do anything except for raising his arms to cover his face. Oliver did not stop here, however: he then put his two hands together as green energy began flowing from Sokka’s body and being absorbed by Oliver. Katara suddenly broke free from Rosa and attempted in using Icy Wind on Oliver yet again, but Rosa ran in between and took the attack, leaving her sneezing like crazy.

“Ah…choo! Urk…sorry,” Rosa apologised, but thanks to her, Oliver was able to finish off his Absorb attack as Sokka fell to the floor, too weak to get up again.
lol First Piplup/Penguin ever to sneeze *shot*

“Wow, an evolution,” said Rosa, “I wonder when I will evolve, if we all do evolve one day, I’ll be a Prinplup, Jenny will be a Combusken and Oliver will be a Grovyle…”

“Yeah, I’ll finally have arms,” Jenny laughed, remembering the picture from her Poképedia.

“And I’ll be taller!” Oliver added, “Boy, I thought Team Avatar were easy to defeat, but it turned out that THEY defeated us.”
Maybe Rosa will look stranger for a girl... *shot*

Jenny laughed, “Yep, Oliver’s eyes were as round as apples when he saw her, and not to mention the way he blushed in front of her…”

“Just shut it already!” Oliver protested as he crossed his arms and turned his head away so the girls couldn’t see him blushing.

Jenny ignored him and continued talking to Rosa, “And remember when Katara was about to walk out of the Dojo? Oliver was about to follow her if you weren’t there to hold him off…”

“Jenny…” Oliver raised his voice warningly, blushing even redder.

“Alright, alright…” a smiling Rosa stepped in between them and said, “Okay, we’ll shut up,” but as soon as Oliver turned his head away, Jenny and Rosa quietly giggled behind him.

Girls…Oliver thought, shaking his head.
Oh look, Oliver's in love <3

Well, one strange grammar when I see... *shot*

I like your microscopic sight Brumrha! *claps*

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
To Mi10ticFan:
learned, you'll never hear the word learnt...
Wow! Jenny learned Night Slash! *takes out banner*
Actually, "learnt" is a word...woot! Banners!

lol First Piplup/Penguin ever to sneeze *shot*
;393;:Welll I copped a full blast of icy and wind, for goodness sake.
Me: 0.o where did she came from?
Oh look, Oliver's in love <3
;252;:.............

I'll fix the mistakes...once I get some free time from all this studying.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Have you considered getting a beta reader for your story? They can read over your story and fix the errors for you. Granted, that would further increase the time between chapters, but would save you a lot of grief from the Grammar Nazis.

Last edited:

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Hey, me again!

Sorry I haven't reviewed lately. School kept dogpiling me. X(

Anyway, great chapter! Team Gemstar gets pwned by Team Avatar!

And, Oliver's in love! *gets smacked by Oliver's tail* OUCH!!!

Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter!

Keep it up!!!;026;

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Wait...

Hey, Oliver, I heard you liek mudkips!

Sorry... It had to be done.

Yami Ryu

You know I'm pretty sure I told you to stop rushing and focus on description.

“I am the real thing, my dear Spiritomb,” interrupted Groudon casually, he gave another ear splitting roar before continuing,

So he interupted Spiritomb, then himself- for a roar? And it feels stiff to boot. Groudon interupted with a casual air in his words. The two had no time to react though as Groudon did a one-eighty, letting out a thunderous roar. "And you two hurt Uxie! You shall Die!" The titanic red beast boomed out on the heels of the fading explosion of noise.

It adds to the air of drama you were trying to have.

with a great big stomp from his foot, Groudon produced a crack on the ground, which started to get longer and bigger.

I'm disappointed, to be honest. Groudon simply gave a simple stomp and produced a crack, that got larger and larger? How would this be so traumatic and frightening, that Gardevoir would simply fall over? You hint at no terrible shaking of the ground, you only say Groudon stomped his foot. The earth split. The split grew larger.

That's not terribly dramatic or frightening.

Gardevoir fell to the ground due to the tremor and nearly dropped her gem. She was too shocked to get up as the crack moved towards her.

How is Groudon even controlling this crack. And surely it's slow enough for her to scramble away- I mean how frightened can they be? She's a psychic type, surely she could teleport, hover, levitate, protect herself in a bubble? I mean when you're frightened, usually you try to defend yourself. Just from skimming this over, you've done nothing to cause Groudon to have installed such terrified actions from the duo.

Drops of sweat rolled down her back, caused by of both the heat and the fact that she was scared stiff. Then, all of a sudden, the two pieces of earth split as a helpless Gardevoir fell into the giant crack, screaming at the top of her voice.

This .. is anti climatic. Not that it was going to be anything else with the build up you had before it; do we really need to know that Gardevoir was sweating only on her back from this supposed searing heat, and cold terror chills? Which is ironic if you think about it. But being scared stiff does not = the chills/cold sweats. It's different.

The other thing is, the earth splitting into two, all of a sudden, and Gardevoir falling into the crack. Once more, you've failed to use the right words. Cracks, are usually small things. You're most likely thinking of an Abyss, or something of the sort. Once again, failing to find some better wording leaves this rushed paragraph falling on its face.

The fissure Groudon had created did not affect Spiritomb, but he remained speechless and frozen on the spot.

Oh there you go, you finally used a proper term for the sundering of the earth, giving a better visualisation as to the devistation that Groudon caused. But why was Spiritomb frozen; at the fact Gardevoir plumted to her death? Or at Groudons fearsom power?

He did not dare take his eyes off the ferocious red monster, and he wasn’t sure whether Groudon’s power was amazing or frightening.

So wait- Gardevoir just possibly died, and all Spiritomb does is be in frightened awe, of Groudons power?

Groudon did not waste his time to get rid of the second opponent as he shoots out a star shaped ring of fire, it spun swiftly and hit Spiritomb, which knocked him towards the opening of the fissure.

This is conflicting- you're switching tenses. Past and Present. Groudon wasted little time as he turned his focus onto the stunned Spiritomb. The ghost was given very little time to react as with very little effort, the gigantic god of molten earth let out a tremendous bout of flame. For a few seconds the searing attack took the shape of a star- but it was lost on Spiritomb as the ghost only focused on the fact it was being attacked by Groudon. Even if it was only for a few seconds before the flames struck it, forcing the pokemon closer to the fissure with a pained cry.

This would come off alot better imo if you stopped, took your time, and glanced over it. Flushing it out here and there. You don't need a Beta for that :/

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
To The Big Al: Yes...in fact I am looking for one right now.
To JirachiTheAnimeAddict: Thank you :)
To Kindrindra:*facepaln* worst...joke...ever...
To Yami Ryu:...I knew something was wrong when I saw your name.

Description...okay...I've been fretting over questions like the ones you wrote when I typed this, but now you're asking more questions that I never considered before. Yeah--I learnt it off you if you must know >.<

...thanks for your advice, anyway. I'll try and be better at this.

CrystalGuard2

World Wanderer
Oliver's in love? *smiles evilly* Better use my chair as a shield...heh heh.
Quite a few grammar errors...although I never mention them....don't like making quotes.
The PMD2 parts are quite interesting, but I don't have the game sadly...(sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.