• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Is The Best!

pokemistress

Real-life Gothorita
Hello everyone,
To date I've played Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Pinball, Tcg and tcg2 (in japanese) leafgreen, gale of darkness and mystery dungeon blue. (wow... that's a pretty long list now i think of it!)

Anyone else think that Mystery Dungeon is the best?
I'm not entirely sure... All the others are great (well maybe pinball wasn't quite great, but still pretty good) but Mystery Dungeon is so cool! Good use of the touchscreen, great game dynamics (the fighting's really cool, i like the move linking feature) and most of all it has a real story line... With the exception of gale of darkness none of the other games i've played really have a story line but mystery dungeon's one kicks bum! i love it! so many twists and turns! anyone with me?
xx

JONNO.FRESH

It was an alright game. It was nothing special. Imo its to overated

JONNO.FRESH

YES SOMEONE WHO AGREE'S WITH ME!
About time to. People think Dungeon is the best thing since sliced bread but it isnt even a new idea. It's a rip of Chobo's MD.

PumpedAaron

Bodybuilder Trainer
!!!

I agree with the first poster.

Of course it isn't as good as the RPG games, but this is the best Pokemon Spin-off EVER!! *most muscular pose*

And I love how Machop can be a main character >;)

Munchlax3000

ooo, what's cooking?
my god people ur not getting the big picture of this game. Sure the story and all but tat ain't it about it. It's what almost every pokemon fan has wished for. It's an ez way to catch um all! U don need to trade, which helps, just use wm. U don need dumb wonder sots, u can recruit legenderies with eaz if u try. This game is uber cause i finally can get Mew! *Mew Mew* *Giggles like the little pink guy and uses teleport*

PumpedAaron

Bodybuilder Trainer
Yep, none of those events that you have to go to.

But I actually love those events!

frontier champion

I personally like PMD because you had to be a trainer in all the previous pokemon games but, in this game you can a pokemon. PMD becomes less exciting because after you beat the first half of the game the story line becomes messed up.

articuno24

Cascade Trainer
I think that mystery dungeon is the best game. I started off with a cubone and now i am doing reallly good.

Scepgatr

Mystery Dungeon really keeps the player hooked up until the part after beating Rayquaza. After that, your partner never comes, if you evolve, you don't get to see your face again. The rest of the story is not so entertraining. Also, even though you can catch all Pokèmons, its not so fun, since I personllay feel no reward of recruiting them all. Also, if you evolve a Pokémon, that means you have to recruit another to repleace the pre-evo. Unlike other games, when completing the dex, you can unlock new things. In PMD there is nothing of that sort. So for me, after recruiting all legendarys and watching Gengar's episode, there really is nothing much to do. Getting to Lucario Rank is the last thing left. So mystery dungeon is just an average game. Nothing more nor less.

Charmanderz

I actually love the game.
Its a break from the classic ones.
Its not the best, but its up there for me.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
PMD is quite overrated, and is based of a game that came out in 1998, in which the original coding of mystery dungeon games going as far back as 1992/1993.

In other words, this game uses a very old engine, which means the graphics will look dated, and the gameplay is definitely dated.

I've played the game from start to finish almost a year ago in the Japanese version, and I personally found it boring.

Pinball and Ranger are much better spinoffs.

Charmanderz

I actually don't like Ranger...
The graphics of MD are good, I like them.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
I actually don't like Ranger...
The graphics of MD are good, I like them.

The graphics are decent for what type of game it is (dungeon crawler RPG), but by today's standards, they look very old, which is the point I was trying to make there.

I hate when people use the excuse "its a rip-off of Chocobo" to make PMD look bad. Its for the DS, it uses new sprites and graphics, its NEW. The only thing old about it is the story line, which is similar to Chocobo

And people say its basicly the same thing as Chocobo, but look at the regular Pokémon games. D/P is damn FOURTH installment, yet people still play it. Just because its reused dsen't mean its bad

The story game-wise is fantastic aswell. Its very emotional, and the gameplay is great. The music is good, and together with the new features such as linking moves, this game recives an A+ in my book

You don't like my point-of-view? Then get over it

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
I hate when people use the excuse "its a rip-off of Chocobo" to make PMD look bad. Its for the DS, it uses new sprites and graphics, its NEW. The only thing old about it is the story line, which is similar to Chocobo

And people say its basicly the same thing as Chocobo, but look at the regular Pokémon games. D/P is damn FOURTH installment, yet people still play it. Just because its reused dsen't mean its bad

The story game-wise is fantastic aswell. Its very emotional, and the gameplay is great. The music is good, and together with the new features such as linking moves, this game recives an A+ in my book

You don't like my point-of-view? Then get over it

I see you haven't played Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon... (and if you have, you may not have remembered much from it)

I actually own the version that was released in the US (there were previous installments before that, but were only released in Japan), and I did not enjoy the game too much ('kay, so maybe Chocobo Racing was worse..).

Also, I didn't read a single thing where someone has said that PMD is a 'rip-off' of CMD.

In fact, it isn't, because it's made by Chunsoft, which is the same company. It only uses the same engine.

If it had similar graphics to Chocobo's Dungeon (where part of it was in 3D), I may have liked it more (plus, then it would only be released on the DS).

Storyline is the only thing I liked about the game, since I never really cared about trading Pokemon much in the first place.

Raccario

2nd

Ill admit it is awesome, i like it more than the other gameboy games, i having played diamond and pearl yet because there not in us yet,but with all the information serebii is giving out, i think it 2nd to diamond and pearl.;rukario;

Swirling Squirtle

Water Master
yes i think PMD IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED i mean come on, have you ever walked around in a game as Mew? or a BIG
onyx? os a cute little phanphy?? yeah didnt think so this game is heartwarming and ENJOYABLE!!!

you people who rate games soo critically are not needed her because in the end we all know this is a FANTASTIC game

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
you people who rate games soo critically are not needed her because in the end we all know this is a FANTASTIC game

Well, that certainly solves the question as to why I do not enjoy this game...

I've been playing videogames since I was about four or five, which would be about 12-13 years that I've been playing games.

I own an NES (which is actually my older bro's), SNES, N64, PS1, GB Pocket, GB Color, Sega Genesis, Neo-Geo Pocket Color, GBA, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, DS, PSP, and I'll soon be buying a Wii, 360, and maybe a PS3.

Over the course of those years I've owned over 150 games, although I tend to borrow most from a friend.

Now you should understand why I rate games critically and why I did not like this game.