• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Is The Best!

Libra

Signature Maker
Mystery Dungeon was good at first but it gets old pretty fast... really fast.

Swirling Squirtle

Water Master
Well, that certainly solves the question as to why I do not enjoy this game...

I've been playing videogames since I was about four or five, which would be about 12-13 years that I've been playing games.

I own an NES (which is actually my older bro's), SNES, N64, PS1, GB Pocket, GB Color, Sega Genesis, Neo-Geo Pocket Color, GBA, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, DS, PSP, and I'll soon be buying a Wii, 360, and maybe a PS3.

Over the course of those years I've owned over 150 games, although I tend to borrow most from a friend.

Now you should understand why I rate games critically and why I did not like this game.

WOOP DEE DOO I SAY TO YOU

i have a ps2 xbox gameboy gameboy color,advance,ds and a psp i should pretty know alot of games oo and a gamecube yeah i should be a hard rater too

but i rate vy what is fun and alot of games dont look fun nor have a good stopry line but this grabs you in soo fast and i dont know this game just connects you into it

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
WOOP DEE DOO I SAY TO YOU

i have a ps2 xbox gameboy gameboy color,advance,ds and a psp i should pretty know alot of games oo and a gamecube yeah i should be a hard rater too

but i rate vy what is fun and alot of games dont look fun nor have a good stopry line but this grabs you in soo fast and i dont know this game just connects you into it

Maybe I should have also said I'm not an incredibly hardcore Pokemon fan, so I'm not very biased.

the legend master

IT IS NOT OVERATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is my favorite pokemon game by many, many times.

Mechtaur

The Sexy Kitty Cat
I love this game for a few reasons

1. No meta game (yes!!! Suck on that Smogon)
2. It new every time (random generated dungeons 8D)
3. Play as any pokemon (does this need more explaining)
4. I have run out of reasons (darn it)

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
IT IS NOT OVERATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is my favorite pokemon game by many, many times.

I'd like you to compare the reviews of professional videogame reviewers and then look at the reviews of the obsessive Pokemon fans and tell me you still think that.

KyonKyon

Gust of Wind
i thought it was a pretty good game -- it actually had challenges like 99F's and good for the people who never played chocobo. I mean...come on, you play as someone based off your personality and choose your choices (although they end up making the same path) and name your team,people etc.

The only thing that is missing is that there needs to be stronger bosses but still, this was a good game.

Kadjaft

Free Runner
The only thing that is missing is that there needs to be stronger bosses but still, this was a good game.

I Totally Agree with that statement, Hell I took Down Mewtwo with 2 Dragon Claws! (even though Salamence was on lvl 100...) They Should've made the Bosses Stronger, Variant on your pokemon's Level, Thus, Providing more of a challenge, I mean C'mon!! They're Attacks were Strong... If they hit, But they have stuff all Health... Making an Easy kill in My aspects,

The Game itself was fun, But After the main Story... it REALLY Deteriorated, Making it Fun, Until you get to Lucario Rank, and have Most of the Legendaries, True the Dungeons are all Random, But they're the Same Difficulty, Once you get used to one Difficulty, your used to the Rest, And the Stairs locations didn't help much for Difficulty... Half the Time the Appear right next to you... heck, Even Below you! They should've Put that extra bit of code to make it so the stairs cannot appear in the same room as you,

Also, Half the Pokemon you can't Recruit until you beat the main story, I would prefer to train a Bagon During the Story, Instead of After, (despite all that, I got a salamence on lvl 100 ^^,)

So the game gets you hooked, until you reach a Certain Part, then you say "meh" and store the game away, so not too good with replay Value in my respects...

If I was to rate it, I would give it a 7/10,

Kadjaft out

Kyaku

. . .
Nyeh. It's alright. Too hard, overrated and gets boring after about an hour of gameplay.

I've played better games.

Sammi

Banned
4. I have run out of reasons (darn it)

Lol.

Mystery Dungeon isn't overrated. It's just fun. It's the best I have played. Cute storyline I must say. BUT! There is one thing sad about it.

It gets tiring quickly.

Then again, most RPGs do. Once you beat it, there's nothing to do. Rescue missions are fun... But seeing the beautiful cutscenes of the storyline...

Priceless.

Last edited:

the legend master

i still love it no matter what you say.

Charmanderz

I still like the old ones better, but this was my 2ed favorite.
I have ALWAYS wanted to be a Pokemon, and I freaked out when I saw the posters for the game in GameStop. (Or whatever its called.)

I love the game, and I agree that it's the best in the series so far. I guess that's because I always wanted a game where I can play as a Pokemon instead of a trainer. The whole trainer thing just gets boring after a while.

Oh, and I'm critical at EVERYTHIN I rate, not just videogames. Mystery Dungeon just gets high ratings from me, because I loved the plot and the music, which, IMO are the most important things of a game. Graphics mean absolutely nothing to me, which is why I really don't care for the newer Final Fantasy games. They may have great graphics and eye candy, but the plots suck.

Sure, PMD, like every game, has its flaws. For one, it could have been longer. That was the main disappointment for me. I thought that you would have to defeat all of the legendaries to beat the game, but you only had to beat a handful of them. I also didn't like how you didn't get the emocons after you evolved. I think they should have made them for the evolutions of all the possible starters and partners.

So, overall, I give PMD a 7/10

Konosuke

I am Erureido
Yea, i give PMD a 7 outta ten as well. Not the greatest game ever, but not a time waste as well. It kept me entertained with a good story and decent music with a concept you dont see unless it was in fanfiction.

Charmanderz

I dont usually rate games, but for this one I would give it 8/10.