• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Journey Into the Frontier [Discussion Thread]

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
This thread has been approved by Kamotz.

This is a discussion thread for anything about plot elements, ideas, or other OoC stuff. It can also be used to ask any questions you have for me or other players related to this RP.

Bastion

Welcome to the land of Bastion! This is a world where only Pokemon live, as you might've guessed by this being a Mystery Dungeon RP. The world of Bastion isn't the same as the world you know, for a couple reasons. First, Bastion doesn't rotate on an axis like the earth does. There are no seasons; places the polar regions stay in a winter like state year around and get barely any sunlight, while areas around the equator get a ton of sunlight year around, causing them to either be overgrown humid forests or dry deserts where it is so hot that its nearly impossible to get around during the day time. Also, the atmosphere is thicker than earth, but at the same time the pull of gravity isn't as strong. This isn't noticeable at ground level, but at higher elevations you may begin to feel lighter. At over a mile high, you would feel as if you are on the moon, and there are entire floating islands in the sky, the largest having an entire city on it.

BMPMDmap2_zps085f228c.png

Credit to Avenger Angel for the map of Bastion.

Other than several mystery dungeons, there are a couple more civilized towns in the land of Bastion.

Frontier: The town of Frontier is a small village on the northeastern side of the Eastern Continent, at the base of the mountain of the same name. The town of Frontier was started by group of explorers as a base of operations for their explorations on that part of the continent. Eventually, it became a town on its own, but even to this day Frontier is world renowned for its exploration teams, most notablely Team Frontier. The Guildmaster of Team Frontier, Lucca, is a Lucario who is a descendant of one of the original founders of Frontier.

Sky Citadel: The Sky Citadel is the oldest town in Bastion, and the largest as well. A city built on top of a large floating island over a mile in the sky, it is mostly populated by Flying type Pokemon. In fact, it is actually rare to find Flying Pokemon at any other town. Pokemon from Sky Citadel tend to be intelligent but arrogant, and generally think of themselves as higher than Pokemon from other places.

Sacatch: Sacatch is a decently sized town, and is also the only civilized settlement on the Western Continent. It is fairly old, being almost as old as Sky Citadel, but it hasn't grown nearly as much as Sky Citadel has over the years. The most noteworthy thing about the town is that it is where the Kecleon Market chain originates from, a chain so popular that even Sky Citadel has one (which is fairly hard since the Pokemon of Sky Citadel tend to discriminate against anyone or anything not from the city).

Intago: Intago is a small village in the middle of the Sunblaze Desert. It exists mainly as a reststop for anyone passing through. Most Pokemon who live here are Ground types or Rock types who find the dry and hot conditions of the desert tolerable.

The Ancient War and Modern Times

Many centuries ago, a huge war happened between two factions of Pokemon. Not many alive today even know such a war ever even happened, and the only signs of it happening are the abandoned fortresses of the two factions: the Stratos Temple, a giant temple on an island floating over a mountain range, and the Ancient Keep, a dark fortress at the southeastern part of the Eastern Continent, near the polar region.

But things have started to change in the land of Bastion. Pokemon have began to act strange, and attack other Pokemon. Most Pokemon who live outside the more civilized establishments have changed and become wild. Because of this, the exploration teams who used to explore the land of Bastion and discover all of it's secrets are now often working as rescue teams as well, helping innocent Pokemon who are in danger and need of help. One such team is Team Frontier, a world renowned exploration guild who's founding members founded the very town it is established in.

The Mystic Stones

Legend has it that the power of all the Pokemon come from 17 stones that each hold the essence of one of the types. No one knows where they are, but it is told that only Pokemon who are destined who unlock their power can find them. Regardless, exploration teams have been trying to find the stones for a long time, but to no avail. Most Pokemon brush them off as simply a fairy tail, but if one was to find the stones, it is said that that Pokemon could accomplish anything.

An Unexpected Journey

Off the coast of Canalave City, the boat S.S. Christine vanished. The boat only had a couple passengers on it, but nevertheless the people of Sinnoh were concerned. The next day a helicopter found and picked up the captain of S.S. Christine and it's small crew, who were floating on a life raft in the ocean. The captain explained that on their voyage to Castelia City in Unova the boat ran into a storm. For reasons he couldn't explain, the boat began to sink. The crew immediately saw to it that the passengers got onto to a life boat, then evacuated themselves afterwards. As their boat drifted away and the S.S. Christine sank, the crew watched in horror as the life boat carrying the passengers was drawn into a whirlpool that sucked the boat in.

The passengers weren't dead however. Somewhere far away, the passengers woke up in a forest. They could not remember their past, but they could remember that they were human, and that they were on a boat that sank the night before. Their memory conflicted with what they woke up to however, as the weren't near any body of water, and they certainly didn't appear to be human...

Rules

1. Serebii rules apply here, obviously.
2. No Godmodding, please. Your character isn't Arceus, after all.
3. No bunnying other player characters. NPCs can be controled sometimes, but be sure to notify me before hand since I'll be controlling them.
4. You WILL be a basic evolution Pokemon, so don't expect to get Haxorus or something. You will be able to evolve later on. And yes, it is possible that you can be a Pokemon who only has one stage, such as Absol or Druddigon
5. our character will start with 4 moves but learn more later on. You are not restricted to 4 moves, so once you get more you can use any of them.
6. Posts should state where your character's name and where they are. It should look something like this:
Billy Mays
Nowheresville

7. Enjoy the RP!

Accepted Characters

Toby Kasey-Dawson (SpyroxPikachu) - Ralts
Cindy K. Black (VampirateMace) - Chickorita
Aaron Miles (Elysian) - Sandshrew
Mawill Stonemason (biggggg5) - Scyther
Alex Morgan (gmoyes) - Magnemite
Mason Inka (AperatureScience) - Duskull
Ashton Stone (Cometstarlight) - Eevee
Jacques de Caix d'Hervelois (goldensteambun) - Cranidos
Lucas Serenes (Andydemon) - Oshawott
Irelan Bracken (Cipher) - Zubat
Harry Jones (deltakurumiru4) - Mienfoo
Emily Green (Keldminrachi91) - Joltik

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
I'm a bit curious about one thing. If there are going to be missons, will the group be spilt up into different teams, or go as one team? And if it's a messing of different teams, will we be able to choose or will you randomize us?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
And I wonder how evolution will play a part in this? will it be aveilable some time when the main story ends after an eventual final boss?

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
What types of thing will we be able to find on the ship? Anything important or just some random items? There's bound to be some stuff in there we can use, but will there be anything of our own belonging that might spark some memories? I don't really want to go on without knowing what we might find.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
@deltakurumiru4 - You'll probably split up for normal missions, but for important plot related missions you'll go as one group.

@Elysian - Evolution will be a factor in the story. You will almost definately get a chance to evolve. How exactly, will be revealed in time.

@gmoyes - Well you'd probably find the soaked remmnants of whatever was left on the ship, such as any of the character's or crew's personnal belongings that were left behind. Something else will be in there too (Yes, I am being vague on purpose).

Sorry for not posting yesterday by the way, I was doing other things and by the time I got to working on a post I realized it had gotten way too late.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
When the time comes that we do start evolving do we eventually have to become our third stage if we have one or can we stay in our second form?

Well obviously you choose whether you'd want to evolve or not. It's not like I'm going to force it on you.

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Hey guys, if you want my character to find something that belonged to your character in the passenger cabins, could to tell me what, provided that it clears with Billy Mays of course.

Edit: In fact, it might be easier for Billy Mays to say what is allowed to be found and what's not.

Last edited:

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
Hey guys, if you want my character to find something that belonged to your character in the passenger cabins, could to tell me what, provided that it clears with Billy Mays of course.

If it is possible, can you look for Jacques's handkerchief ? it looks something like in this drawing u v u

Also if you guys want your character to be drawn like that just PM/VM me okay ^^

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser

If it is possible, can you look for Jacques's handkerchief ? it looks something like in this drawing u v u

You drew that? If so, that's actually really cool.

But yeah, stuff like clothing or other personal belongings. Just think of what your character would bring with you on a trip. But remember that everything would've gotten wet when the ship sank, so everything would've experience water damage, so stuff like photographs would probably be damaged or ruined. If you find anything I have a problem with, I'll inform you, don't worry.

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
You drew that? If so, that's actually really cool.

But yeah, stuff like clothing or other personal belongings. Just think of what your character would bring with you on a trip. But remember that everything would've gotten wet when the ship sank, so everything would've experience water damage, so stuff like photographs would probably be damaged or ruined. If you find anything I have a problem with, I'll inform you, don't worry.

Oh yes, I can draw simple pokemon stuff like that, so if you guys want just gimme a shout u v u

And I assumed Jacques's handkerchief is okay to bring ~?

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
I would think it would be okay to find Harry's black gi. Something to remind him of his dojo.

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Announcer: And watch as the nerd hastily goes off on his own and is about to be jumped on by a bunch of zombies.

LOL. I guessing that a busted and waterlogged laptop, some old training supplies (a couple of potions, antidotes and the like) and a gym badge would be ok for my character to find that belong to him?

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
I guess so. And minor healing items are ok to find to find as early game items, but nothing major like Revives or Full Restores or something.

Schade

Metallic Wonder

Edit: In fact, it might be easier for Billy Mays to say what is allowed to be found and what's not.

If you could be so kind and find Aarons bracelet? just imagine an old bracelet that looks very important. (lol, sorry for bad description)

biggggg5

Bigglesworth

Could he find Mawill's extra pair of glasses and blue ribbon?

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
If I were to have Lucas find something, to what extent can I have it allude to Riolu without outright saying it was his best friend? I was thinking just having Riolu's name written or engraved on something with no context added to it at best.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
If I were to have Lucas find something, to what extent can I have it allude to Riolu without outright saying it was his best friend? I was thinking just having Riolu's name written or engraved on something with no context added to it at best.

That's fine.

I am unable to update today, even though I wish I could. Very sorry about this; I'll try to do it tomorrow, but if I can't I will on Friday.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Tomorrow is Friday. lol
Anyway, don't worry about it. Ss. Christine seems to be a popular exploring site