• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Journey Into the Frontier [RP Thread]

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Aaron the Sandshrew
S.S. Christine

After go knows how long, Aaron finally saw a light in the darkness. He fealt warm, and it fealt like his problems and fears were washed away. He opened his eyes. He was stil in the ship, surrounded by Eevee, Joltik, Chikorita and Oshawott. They all looked so worried, except from Chikorita, who was glowing in a pink, sparkly light. Feeling much better, Aaron sat himself up. "Thanks! Really!" He cried out. "Don't know how much more of tha water I could take. Speaking of which..." He continued, looking down on the puddle he sat in. "I should probably move." He then said, and started laughing.

"So that means, we can use moves! That's awesome!" he blabbed about, not really knowing if anyone paid attention. The scratching sounds and eyes then returned a bit in front of them. "You won't get away this time!" Aaron shouted into the darkness, as his claws grew longer and started glowing in a dim purple light. He ran foreward, releasing his Night Slash into the darkness

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Saber the Axew
S.S. Christine
'

It didn't take Saber much time of exploring the deeper part of the boat to realize he was completely lost. He could hear the distant voices of the other Pokemon, but he couldn't tell which way they were coming from, and which way he came from. "Guys, over here!" Saber called out in hopes that they could find him.

Saber entered the engine room, completely oblivious as to what all the machinary in the room did. I wonder what all this weird stuff does... Saber walked deeper in the room and saw a figure in the center of the room.

Saber slowly walked forward and took a closer look where he could see. As he got closer, he realized that the figure was a Skitty.

"Wait a minute, a Skitty?" Saber pulled out a piece of paper from his adventure bag.

Missing Pokemon

*A picture of a Skitty is on the paper*
My daughter went into the Wishcatcher Forest to look for berries, and she hasn't come back since! Please find my daughter!
Mission Rank: E
Reward: 1000 Poke, ???

This is the Pokemon I'm looking for! But wait... Saber looked closer and realized she was sleeping. Why is she sleeping?

Saber jumped when he heard scratching noises from the corners of the room. "Who's there?" Saber called out, looking a little shaken.

Suddenly, the bright orange eyes from earlier appeared and stared at Saber. Then, another pair of eyes appeared. Then another, then another!

"Uh-oh..." Saber began to realize what he was up against. Another pair of eyes appeared, but this one was even brighter and was a few feet above the other eyes.

Saber immediately grabbed the still sleeping Skitty and and ran out the room. "Everyone! Get out of the ship! We have big trouble!" Saber had no idea where he was going, he just ran from one room to another until he saw light and ran out to outside the ship.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Ashton the Eevee
S.S. Christine

As Ashton trotted along quietly in the darkness, Emily broke the silence.

"Ashton, I'm guessing nobody's ever told you this before, but your fur makes a cozy seat for riding on."

Ashton couldn't help but chuckle a little at this statement. "No, you're the first." She smiled while continuing to trot. "Thank you."

"Umm, Ashton, you hear the scratching noises too, right? It's not just me?"

The Eevee pondered on that statement for a moment.

"I definitely hear them," she nodded, "make no mistake of that. I just don't know what in the world it could be."

Suddenly a whole group of pokemon gathered up ahead. It was that Sandshrew! She was about to pick up the pace when a blur flew by her, ruffling her fur slightly. For a second, she thought the creature that was watching had somehow gotten behind and had run by them, but to her surprise, it was a Chikorita.

"Looks like we're missing quite a party." Ashton and Emily gathered around with the others. These others were an Oshawott and the Chikorita that had brushed by her. There was also a faint moving in the distance, perhaps somebody else moved on.

Suddenly, a faint pink glow emanated from the leaf pokemon and began to surround Aaron.

"Wow," Ashton marvled. "I had almost forgotten."

As the aura faded, Aaron got back to his feet, happy now that his energy was replenished.

"Looks like being human turned pokemon doesn't prevent us from using some pretty unique moves eh, Emily?"

They seemed to be enjoying themselves when Ash heard a different voice over their laughter.

"Everyone! Get out of the ship! We have big trouble!"

"Saber?"

The Eevee heard screaming before the thought registered. "Uh, oh," Eevee could see the trouble that Saber had run into. Series of bright eyes lit up the dark in a menacing way. They seemed to make up the distance between them quick and Ashton didn't want to stick around. That's when she did a u-turn away from the eyes while screaming, "RUUUUUNNNNN!" She tried to give the others plenty of warning before figuring it could be too late to stay behind.

"Emily, I sure hope you're hanging on tight!"

Ashton ran as fast as her four legs could carry her. The stale air now flowed freely over her fur, standing puddles splashed over her legs and belly fur. She mentally shivered while leaping over ends of debris.

Where's the exit!?

Just as the thought burned in her mind; a light appeared, much like a young Charmander's tail glow...

Ashton flung herself through the hole that bared the light and rolled onto the wet grass. She gasped before standing up, hoping she hadn't smashed poor Emily.

"Emily, you there?" She couldn't feel the legs if they were there.

Oh, please tell me she made it!

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Emily the Joltik
Wishcatcher Forest
Moves: Leech Life, Thunder Wave, Cross Poison

"Everyone! Get out of the ship! We have big trouble!" Saber suddenly yelled. She turned along with Ashton and noticed the may glowing eyes. Then, the whole dark world went by in a blur as Ashton made a run for it. Emily had to grip Ashton's fur pretty tightly, an she hoped Ashton wouldn't feel it. Then, Emily saw a light. Then, as Ashton dashed towards it, Emily felt her tiny feet lose their grip. She flew through the air, watching Ashton tumble through the grass. Emily landed with a thud on a rock.

"Oww." she said, holding her head. She had landed on her back, and couldn't flip over to her stomach. She began seeing multiple images, and felt lightheaded. She stuttered when she spoke.

"A-Ashton, a-a-are you th-there?" she mumbled.

Why does my head hurt so much? I must have hit it pretty hard on this rock. She began to feel very heavy and tired.

"Emily, you there?" she thought she heard Ashton say. She wasn't sure if she actually heard it or not; she couldn't tell the difference between reality and what was going on in her head.

"Ashton?" she said as loud as she could, which was hardly a whisper.

"Help?" The word came out even softer.

"Anybody?" she cried out silently, only hearing the word in her head.

Feeling... very....sleepy....body...getting...heavy......

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Cindy the Chikorita
Wishcatcher Forest - Ship
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Heal Pulse

Sandshrew perked up, thanking her and babbling about the fact that they could use moves. That’s what it was, she’d used a move! What move? Aromatherapy? No, that wasn’t right, Aromatherapy healed status effects. Oh! Heal Pulse! But, that wasn’t a normal Chikorita move.

Sandshrew threw an attack into the darkness, attempting to hit whatever they’d seen up ahead of them.

The Axew seemed to notice something up ahead, and entered a room. Cindy heard him call out, "Who's there?"

"Everyone! Get out of the ship! We have big trouble!" he screamed running out of the room with something pink and fluffy in his arms.

Panic. Ashton and Emily hustled after him. Cindy figured they had the right idea. He had been a pokemon longer than any of them, he probably had clearer instincts concerning the dangers they faced here… where was here?

Cindy turned trying to keep up with the other exiting pokemon. But, boy, was that Eevee fast. Cindy on the other hand skidded down the wet halls as she tried to keep from being separated from them. Single claws were not designed for running on smooth surfaces.

Finally she could see light up ahead, an exit!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Aaron the Sandshrew
Wishcaster Forest - S.s Christine

Whatever lurked around the darkness evaded Aaron's Night Slash, and he hit bare steel. "Gotta practice with this move.." he said for himself. He suddenly heard something in front of him, and braced himself for an attack. Suddenly. Axew, Joltik and Eevee rushed past him, Axew screaming "Get out".

This took Sandshew by suprise, and he flinched. After they ran past him, he saw eyes in the darkness behind them.. a lot of eyes! He turned around and curled up, rolling after the others towards what he hoped was an exit.
But before he reached the others, he heard soft calls for help. He stopped and looked at his surroundings. On the floor, a very disorientaded Joltik was wobbling around. It appeared she had hit her head, and she was about to collapse.
Aaron picked her up carefully. "There there. I got you" before holdig the tiny puff in his arms, trying to curl up to roll out.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Lucas the Oshawott
S.S. Christine

Lucas watched in awe as Chikorita was healing Sandshrew with a Heal Pulse. When she finished and Sandshrew had woken up, Lucas breathed a sigh of relief.

As Sandshrew started on about them being able to use moves, Lucas went to pick the damaged picture he found back up. He then noticed that Axew wasn't around anymore and wondered where he went.

It was at that moment that Lucas heard Axew yelling for everyone to get out of the ship, this prompted Lucas to look in the direction he thought he heard the voice coming from.

When he saw what looked like multiple sets of eyes, Lucas cried out in fear again before turning around and running from them as fast as he could.

As soon as he made it out of the ship, Lucas stopped to catch his breath while holding onto the winter scarf he was wearing with one hand. He check his other hand to see he still had the picture he found "Oh good, I still have it."

Lucas looked around to see others had made it out as well, though when he looked at Eevee he noticed he couldn't see the Joltik she had with her on the boat. Wondering what happened, Lucas approached Eevee as he asked her "H-Hey, wasn't there someone with you a moment ago?"

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
(Hey guys, did you miss me? I just felt that abandoning the Zubat would be OOC so I just waited for the inevitable **** to hit the fan)

Alex Morgan, Magnemite
S.S. Christine Clearing

During all of the goings on in the ship, Alex was trying to get the remaining passengers that stayed outside the ship together. A few of them were non-responsive, probably having difficulty coming to terms to what had happened to them. He could understand that. He must have had some sort of connection with Magnemite for him to be comfortable in his current body. It still didn't make sense about how he got in this state, but answers must have been somewhere. There must have been something that would explain what happened.

As he was aiding the other passengers, he heard a shout coming from the ship. He managed to rotate himself around just in time to see an Axew dash out of the ship, followed by a bunch of the other pokemon that had entered the ship. "What's going BzzzzzT on?" he cried out. Something must have chased them out, something strong. There must have been something he could do, but what? He didn't even know what attacks he could do. He could at least ram into whatever was chasing them if needed to. His electric and steel typing carried a lot of resistances so he could probably take a few hits. Just then he remembered a technique that even low leveled Magnemite could pull off. Though he had to act fast, the attack's effects would be more potent in the confines of the ship.

He quickly hovered over to where everyone was coming out of the ship. "Cover BzzzzzT your ears guys!" he warned the others as he lined himself up with the hole in the hull. He focused for a moment and then shot a loud electronic screech into the ship. He hoped the Supersonic would do the trick. The enclosed space would cause the attack to echo disorienting whoever was in there even more, as well as having more obstacles for the confused pokemon to run into. At the very least it would buy everyone some time to get prepared. He turned to the Axew who seemed to be the one who lead everyone out of the Christine. "What happened BzzzzzT in there? Is everyone BzzzzzT okay?" While most of the passengers were still getting used to their new bodies, there were plenty of them and of many different types. They should be able to withstand whatever was chasing them. Though he hoped Jacques managed to hold onto his potions, they may need them.

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
Mason Inca, Duskull
Night Shade, Leer, Memento
Wishcaster Forest - S.S. Christine Outskirts

"Everyone! Get out of the ship! We have big trouble!"

Mason did not hesitate to listen.

The dark had always scared him. Strange scratching noises scared him. Glowing eyes scared him. A voice telling him to leave was somewhat scary, but “reluctant to obey” was not the word to describe that moment. Mason floated as quickly as he could, becoming ethereal whenever he could focus enough. The path he took was not important- only getting out. Eventually, however, he gave up on this, and bolted upwards and phased through the floor, up and up until he saw the sun again. A terrible sound echoed through the ship: A loud, electronic screech. Only more reason to have escaped.

Mason eventually left his “flee” mode and took a look around, noticing an Axew and a Magnemite mainly. He recongnized the Axew as the one who had woken them up, but the Magnemite was new. Mason floated over into the bushes nearby- which seemed to be his favorite thing- and eventually came up between the two, silent in movement. He didn’t dare speak, only hoping that not only people in this world were cruel like the eyes in the ship.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Ashton the Eevee
S.S. Christine

Ashton turned on herself and tried combing through her fur to find the small pokemon, but couldn't. Panic began to ensue. Had she left her inside?!

"Shoot!" Ashton cried as an Oshawott asked about Emily. "Oh, she was here a moment ago." she began searching through the grass when she heard another voice. It sounded like that Sandshrew from earlier, what was his name? Oh, yeah, Aaron.

"Aaron," she trotted over to him quickly, only to see that he was cradling a small tuft of yellow in his clawed hands. "Oh, good." Ashton's ears fell in relief. The only problem now was that Emily wasn't moving, probably had fainted when she had performed her 'bonzai' roll from the ship.

"I wish I could do something." Her eyes shone with sympathy as a tingling feeling rippled through her whole body. It was filled with powerful and relaxing energy and it made Ashton feel nice up until it faded. Suddenly, a small star manifested itself and flew over from Ashton to Aaron and Emily. The shooting star rained stardust down upon Emily; Ashton could scarcely believe her eyes.

She didn't know it quite yet, but Ashton had just used wish on Emily.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Lucas the Oshawott
S.S. Christine Clearing

Lucas became worried once he saw Emily fainted in Sandshrew's hands. This worry soon turned to awe when he saw a small star fly over the group and rain some kind of stardust on Emily.

Believing it might have healed her, Lucas came closer to the three asking "Is she gonna be all right?"

After a moment Lucas realized something and told them "Oh ya, I haven't properly introduced myself at all have I? My name is Lucas. Lucas Serenes."

Lucas had heard the Magnemite's warning and promptly covered his ears as he used a Supersonic attack into the ship, attempting to disorient whatever they saw in there.

Once the attack was done, Lucas saw Magnemite asking Axew about what happened. He himself held the damaged picture in his hand closely while asking out loud "Just what were those things, and what are they doing in the ship?"

Last edited:

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Emily the Joltik
Wishcatcher Forest- Outside the S.S. Christine

"Wh-Where am I?" Emily asked, feeling groggy. She found herself cradled by the Sandshrew, Aaron, she believed he was called, and was looking right up into his yellow face. She turned her head and saw Ashton and an Oshawott gathered around her.

'What happened? Did I faint?" she still felt drowsy, but she jumped down from Aaron's arms and stretched her legs out. When she began to walk around, she wobbled slightly, but tried not to show it.

Then, she became alarmed when she looked at the ship and remembered a Chikorita and an Axew that she didn't see with the others.

"Wait, what about that monster with the glowing eyes? And Cindy and Saber? Did they make it out?" she asked, hopping, trying to see over Aaron's head to get a look at the ship.

"Wait, I think I see something!" She saw a vague greenish colored shape, but she couldn't tell if it was Cindy or Saber running out of the darkness towards the light.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Cindy the Chikorita
Wishcatcher Forest
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Heal Pulse

Cindy tumbled out of the boat. She bounded across the grass to the circle of pokemon that was forming a short distance away. Emily seemed to be the focal point, but Cindy wasn’t sure what was wrong with her.

She set down the apple in the grass and looked over the other humans turned pokemon. She smiled slightly, “We haven’t been properly introduced. I’m Cindy… and that’s really about all I know. So you guys were all human before, as well? Boy is this weird. At least I think it’s weird, I don’t remember much, but I don’t think people normally turn into pokemon.”

She glanced down. That was awful babbly. Oh well, no fixing it now, “Anyways, I found some rope and apples in the ship. There’s probably other useful stuff in there too, but there’s also… those things.”

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Alex Morgan, Magnemite
S. S. Christine Clearing

Alex looked around at all the pokemon that just came out of the ship. An Axew carrying a Skitty, a Sandshrew with a bracelet, Aaron he remembered, the Chikorita that went to check out the hold, a Duskull he hadn't seen before, an Oshawott, an Eevee and a Joltik. Along with himself, that was a wide range of pokemon. He wondered where everyone else went off to, but they had more pressing things to worry about. It was time to take charge. "Ok everyone! BzzzzzT Listen up."

Everyone looked at him and he immediately felt nervous. Ok, note to self, he thought. I don't like being the center of attention. He blinked and focused. "The hole in BzzzzzT hull is a choke point. Those of you who have ranged attacks focus BzzzzzT your aim on whatever comes out. Everyone else, be BzzzzzT prepared to hit whatever comes close." He blinked. Yup, I was definitely a trainer at some point. I just hope this will work.

Just then a screech came out of the ship. Alex swiveled so he was facing the hole. If anything comes flying out, I'll intercept it. I have the most resistances out of everyone. Well, I hope I do. "Here it comes BzzzzzT!"

The first thing anyone saw was a pair of glowing eyes. As the eyes came closer, more details were revealed. It was a small brown rodent-like pokemon with big eyes. It stepped fully into the light and everyone could clearly see who their pursuer was.

"A Patrat!? You guys BzzzzzT were chased out by a Patrat? BzzzzzzT Ha ha ha BzzzzzT ha ha!" He couldn't help but laugh. These guys were running as if Darkrai himself was hunting for their souls and it was just a little rodent pokemon. The little pest would be sorted soon enough.

But then it was made clear that there was more to the threat. Two more Patrat came out of the shadows to join the first. The trio glared at the group of pokemon. Then came another screech from inside the Christine. Another pair of eyes as well as a couple bands of light showed in the darkness, bigger and higher up than those of the Patrat. The three Patrat already outside moved to the side to allow the creature to show itself. It was the leader of the pack. A Watchog. The evolved pokemon looked at the gathered pokemon and hissed. Three more Patrat staggered out of the ship behind it, still disoriented by the effects of the Supersonic. There were six Patrat in total, along with the Watchog. And they were all looking pretty mad.

Alex glanced at the Skitty. Watchog were known to put people to sleep. They would have to be aware of that. "Don't look BzzzzzT them in the eye, they could put you BzzzzzT to sleep! Come on, let's go!" With that battle cry, he launched himself at one of the Patrat and pinned it to the metal hull of the ship. The normal type struggled, but its efforts were in vain against Alex’s metal body. Just need to keep it here until it runs out of energy, he thought.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Emily the Joltik
Wishcatcher Forest- Outside the S.S. Christine

Emily continued looking towards the ship when she saw a Pokémon come out. It was Saber, who was carrying a small pink Pokémon. Shortly after, a Magnemite she hadn't met before came floating out of the ship, saying

"The hole in BzzzzzT hull is a choke point. Those of you who have ranged attacks focus BzzzzzT your aim on whatever comes out. Everyone else, be BzzzzzT prepared to hit whatever comes close. Here it comes BzzzzzT!"

Emily jumped and swiveled in the air so that she was facing the hole, and noticed that her body began to sizzle with electricity. What is this? What's wrong with my body? Why am I... Oh yeah! I'm a Joltik now! So what exactly is this move? Thunderbolt? Electro Ball? Well, I'll just have to find out. As her body built up more electricity, she became excited to see what it was. Then, when she felt she couldn't hold it in any longer, a brown rodent Pokémon came out of the ship, then another and another that looked smaller, but very similar, until there were six little ones and one big one who seemed to be the leader. Regardless of size, they all looked pretty mad, and Emily tried to aim of one of the little rodents. She didn't feel that she could take on the big one, not with her inexperience with moves, at any rate. She fired the jolt, and missed the Pokémon by a few inches. The Pokémon turned towards her and charged.

"Uh-oh." Emily readied her jump as the Pokémon came hurtling towards her, thinking that if she could time it just right, she could really hit him with some power. She jumped, landing on the Pokémon's head, and focused on the electricity. She released it as the Pokémon was trying to swat her, but Emily was able to shock it before she flew through the air, landing solidly on the ground, jumping out of harm's way. It charged, a little more slowly this time, enraged more then ever. This time Emily jumped a little late and was hit with a strong Tackle, and she flew through the air, landing on the ground a few feet away. She popped to her feet and hopped towards the Pokémon. As she approached it, her fangs started to glow in a deep purple color. She landed on the Pokémon's head, biting it with her illuminated fangs.

"Paaa-trat!" the Pokémon said as it stumbled backwards. Emily hopped off the Patrat's head and watched attentively for its next move.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
Lucas the Oshawott
S.S. Christine Clearing

Knowing that they were likely gonna have a fight on their hands, Lucas set the scarf and picture aside where he hoped they wouldn't be damaged.

The Magnemite told anyone who knew ranged attacks to prepare for when whatever was chasing them made it out of the ship. When the pursuer was revealed to be a Patrat the Magnemite started laughing which made Lucas feel a little embarrassed.

When the rest of the Patrat and a Watchog appeared, Lucas backed up for a moment in fear of them. Knowing that he was gonna have to fight now he wondered what kind of attacks he could use.

That's when Lucas remembered his scalchop could be used for certain moves, so he took the scalchop off his stomach and focused, hoping something might happen.

Soon Lucas noticed the scalchop glowing a sort of white colored aura. Right as this happened, Lucas noticed one of the Patrat move in the attack him.

As the Patrat charged at Lucas he quickly swung his scalchop at the Patrat in a panic. As he did this however a series a white blades fired out of the scalchop and struck the Patrat, sending it stumbling away from him.

Hoping to take advantage of the opening Lucas charged at the Patrat for a Tackle attack, but closed his eyes while doing so. The Patrat took advantage of this and sidestepped Lucas' attack.

When the Patrat dodged his attack Lucas stumbled over and fell on his front. While on the ground, Lucas rolled onto his back and was about to get up when the Patrat jumped on top of him.

"G-Get off of me!" Lucas cried out as he tried to get the Patrat off of him, but the Patrat had pinned his arms to the ground and was standing over him in a way that it couldn't be kicked off, rendering Lucas completely helpless.

During his futile struggles Lucas noticed the Patrat baring its fangs at him prompting Lucas to cry out for help as his captor reached down to bite him.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Aaron the Sandshrew
S.S. Christine Clearing

After a while of running away from the evil that chased them, Aaron and the others, plus some Pokemon he hadn't met before, found themselves at the clearing. They braced themselves for an attack, as the eyes came closer. the scratching sound were everywhere! Tension rose, as a figure merged from the darkness. it was... Patrat? a small flock of Patrat? seriously? and they were backed up by.... Watchog? Really? "That's what we've been running from?"

Everyone started attacking the Patrats, as they attacked them first. Aaron was a little ashamed of himself, being scared nearly to death by mere Patrats. He did recall something about them being able to use the move Hypnosis. That would explain everything, he thought to himself. a Patrat came running over to him with its tiny feet. Aaron couldn't keep a straight face, and giggled as it approached. He thyen readied his Night Slash, slashing the Patrat with his purple glowing claws