• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Origin of Life

irock245

She wants it
Hello, and thank you for reading Pokémon mystery dungeon: Origin of life! This is my first fan-fic ever, so I have no idea how I am going to do this. I wrote this prologue to keep you interested until I can get chapter one up. If you have any suggestions for the fanfic or and ideas you want me to incorporate into here, just pm me. All I can say is that I hope you enjoy!

Props if you can guess the three pokemon in this prologue.

PROLOGUE​

A light breeze settled over Treasure Town as another day settled into night. The Pokémon were setting up shop for the day and were turning in. Many local Pokémon were leaving the town, hurrying to their houses for a good night’s rest. However, one lone Pokémon sat alone at the top of a cliff, not moving and staring out into the open. The cliff, shaped like a Sharpedo, overlooked a vast, blue ocean, as far as the eye could see. Many wonders were just off the coast of the ocean, even a portal to an island of a different dimension! This lone Pokémon was thinking about these things as she sat on the cliff, flipping a shell into the air.

The Pokémon was a short little thing, only about 1’08 in height and only weighed about 13 pounds. It loved the ocean, and could swim so well in the ocean that the locals in Treasure town gave her the nickname,”the sea otter Pokémon”. A hazel colored oval nose sat on the middle of this Pokémon’s face, perfecting the two big black eyes with white pupils in the center. Underneath its eyes sat two sets of 3 black freckles, 3 on each side set up like a triangle. The Pokémon sighed and put the shell it was holding onto the middle of its body. It began to think of past events.

The Pokémon knew of the myths and legends of the Pokémon world, how every so often, a whole new batch of Pokémon would suddenly appear out of nowhere, and would integrate themselves into the world. Along with every new batch of Pokémon, a calamity would soon befall the world. And with each calamity came two Pokémon heroes, both at their base evolution form. With the new addition of Pokémon, the calamity had not happened yet. Was there finally going to be eternal peace? That was this one Pokémon’s wish.

The Pokémon’s thoughts drifted to a tent. The tent was shaped like a wigglytuff, with two totem poles of various Pokémon stacked on top of each other on each side. A small hole covered by a grate was in the center, blocking the path. Oh, Wigglytuff’s Guild, the Pokémon thought, how I long to join your ranks.

The Pokémon thought back to when it stepped on the grate, as instructed by a strange, but ear shattering at close range voice. The Pokémon had been accepted into the guild, but found the place empty. A small, bird like colorful Pokémon had walked up from the stairs and asked, “What is your business here?”

“Um, I would like to train as an apprentice here, please! I’d like to become part of an exploration team!”

“Alright then……..” The colorful Pokémon said to himself. A lone Pokémon wishes to train here? Obviously she doesn’t know of how hard this training is! I’ll accept her if she can get a second member, considering exploration and rescue teams have to consist to two members nowadays, the Pokémon thought to himself.

Turning to the Pokémon, the colorful Pokémon said, “Very well. As guild rules require, new apprentices must have a partner in order to become an exploration team. Where is your partner?”

“Oh………..I don’t have one……” the Pokémon said with a sad look in its eye.

“I am sorry, but I cannot accept you unless you have another partner. If you can find a partner to help you out, I can gleefully accept you then. Until then, please leave the premises. We are going to close soon.”

The setting sun on the horizon’s light flashed into this Pokémon eyes, snapping it back into reality. Oh, I must have been daydreaming for a while, she thought. The Pokémon looked down at the waves. They were beautiful and inviting, as if saying, jump in! Without a moment’s doubt, the mysterious Pokémon jumped into the ocean, plummeting 50 feet into the water below.
……….
A lone Pokémon stirred on the beach. He did not know where he was; only that the sun was setting, and it was getting dark quickly. The Pokémon attempted to sit up, but found he did not have the energy. Why did his body feel so tired? He did not feel any pain on his joints or limbs, just a great sense of fatigue. He fell back down with a soft thud! Into the sand. The sand, it feels so nice, like it’s healing me, the Pokémon thought to itself.

This Pokémon had caught a good glimpse of himself. He still had two arms and two legs. Nothing appeared to have been hurt, but if that was so, why couldn’t he move? It had felt so hard to lift even an arm, much less sit up. He had felt two ears dangling on the side of his head. Something was wrong. Why did this Pokémon suddenly have 2 paws with 3 fingers on each paw? Why did he have two black legs with only 3 toes? And why was he gold and black?

The last thing the Pokémon saw was a small figure plummet into the ocean by a cliff that looked like a Sharpedo……….

Hope you enjoyed, tell me what you think!

God I thought this would be longer......

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
This looks like the start of a great PMD fan fic. I like how you don't use any names in this chapter, but I would find it annoying if it went on throughout the whole story. Definatly looking forward to the next chapter!

As for the pokemon...Oshawott, Chatot, and... shiny Riolu?