• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I find it hilarious that Charmander and Bulbasaur's natures got switched...because Bulbasaur was the one I got most often (aka Calm) in Red Rescue, just behind Pikachu (Hardy) and Chikorita (Docile) and Charmander's my favorite. XD So hooray for me!

Same, I got Bulbasaur the most as well. I've gotten so used to getting Bulbasaur that I'm actually kind of disappointed about getting Charmander instead in DX lol.

I certainly hope so. Though the increase in belly capacity idea makes me remember something about eating an apple (or a similar food item maybe?) would make you go over 100 hunger...like 150/100 or something...I think. It's been a while since I played PMD and I could be misremembering things.

I looked up that it's the Golden and Perfect Apples you're referring to. These increase maximum belly by 50. Other ones like the Huge Apple increase the max by 10, and the Big Apple increases the max by 10 only if you eat it when you're full.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Here's a compiled guide for the quiz results. One interesting thing is that two Pokemon are assigned to one nature.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MysteryDun...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Thank you very much for this!

The ones where two pokemon are assigned to one nature generally are ones where they were previously genderlocked. Like Machop being for Brave males in the original is now for Brave for both genders in addition to the Brave female Pokemon, Bulbasaur. This also applies to Cyndaquil who is now Timid for both genders. A Pokemon like Meowth on the other hand instead of being Quirky for both genders now was rather assigned as an additional Lonely nature Pokemon for females, and the previously female only Docile Chikorita has became an option for Quirky males alongside Meowth. Weird that Charmander and Bulbsaur randomly had their male and female natures swapped. I wonder how they picked and chose different natures for different pokemon.

Again, thank you very much! I love seeing the natures assigned to the starters.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

I just thought of a good question related to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. If one of the main characters from the Pokemon anime ended up in the PMD world, which Pokemon do you think they'd be?

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
I just thought of a good question related to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. If one of the main characters from the Pokemon anime ended up in the PMD world, which Pokemon do you think they'd be?
Don't watch the anime that much but I'm pretty sure Ash Ketchum is just a Lucario in human form so, Riolu.

Anyway since the game is out now what's everyone's team names/starter duo? I went with what the quiz gave me (Mudkip) and my partner is a male Skitty named Paris. Team name is PureWater, because I like to combine elements of the leader and partner's typings and the Normal type is associated with purity.

Also lots of quality of life improvements I like in this game. Though it has its graphical and mechanical issues. One nitpick I have is a lot of serpentine pokemon or pokemon with long lizard-like tails seem kinda kinky or lumpy? Like Charizard looks like the tail has a kink in it and Ekans looks like their spine is broken at times.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I went with Torchic because it was the one I got from the personality test. And for my partner I chose Bulbasaur because I think of Bulbasaur as responsible. and that balances well with Torchic's hasty nature. I didn't nickname either of them. And Named the team Solartalons.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Absolutely love playing Mystery Dungeon again, it's been so long. I'm thinking the game is definitely showing its true age a bit, but it's not that bad.

Kaddy2009

I got the game yesterday, and since I played the demo, my game that I played on the demo was transferred onto the actual game, which I thought was kind of nice! I chose Pikachu as my starter (I was originally a Totodile when I took the quiz) and my partner is a Squirtle and we're Team Courage. :)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Was disappointed Riolu wasn't a starter option since they bothered throwing it and gen 4 evolutions(And Sylveon, ew!) into the game. But I got Mudkip as my choice and switched out to Pikachu, choosing Eevee as my partner as I want to recreate the team I had back in the day. Even used the same name, Team Goodies. If Riolu was a starter, I wouldn't be doing this but soon as I can get Riolu, he's being a part of my main squad. Going into every dungeon

dentula

I ended up originally being a Treecko but changed it to Squirtle while my partner being a Torchic. Our team name is Spring
Neat! I'm Cubone and partner is Torchic. We're team Autumn - the brown and orange base colors bring fall to mind.

Don't watch the anime that much but I'm pretty sure Ash Ketchum is just a Lucario in human form so, Riolu.

Anyway since the game is out now what's everyone's team names/starter duo? I went with what the quiz gave me (Mudkip) and my partner is a male Skitty named Paris. Team name is PureWater, because I like to combine elements of the leader and partner's typings and the Normal type is associated with purity.

Also lots of quality of life improvements I like in this game. Though it has its graphical and mechanical issues. One nitpick I have is a lot of serpentine pokemon or pokemon with long lizard-like tails seem kinda kinky or lumpy? Like Charizard looks like the tail has a kink in it and Ekans looks like their spine is broken at times.
The animations and walk cycles of lots of the pokemon is janky as heck. Part of why I went with the starters I did; they move more naturally. Ekans is super janky. Hahah I noticed the odd kink in Charizard's tail, too. My headcanon is maybe he broke his tail so that's why it's janky (as opposed to an animation issue).

I really wish the designers just used higher quality models from Gen 7/8. These new models with less bone structure is SO. JANKY. Guuuhhh. After the disappointment following the promise of higher quality animations in SW/SH I was really hoping Chunsoft would do a superb job with the animations.

Anyway despite my gripes, I'm having fun. It's refreshing to get back into PMD and I'm diggin' the quality of life improvements.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
The backgrounds are very pretty, but the models being lower quality than what the 3DS titles used is weird (for Gates, at least - SMD dropped a fair few polygons along the way due to the number of recruitable pokémon) is disappointing

Music isn't all that better either - it's basically higher-quality MP3 of the original MIDI tracks with a handful having a few extra instruments such as Friend Area: Cave, while the boss music is unchanged

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Assuming most of the dungeons that were in the original are the same...

Depends on the dungeon you're going through really.

But generally pack a lot of healing items, Revival Seeds (three is usually safe) for the mistakes you'll likely make that'll get you killed by accident and have long range attacks (like Ice Beam, Razor Leaf or Flamethrower) and room wide attacks (like Heat Wave, Blizzard or Surf) to deal with Monster Houses and get rid of Pokémon before they reach you.

Another thing to remember is that if it's like a 99F dungeon, prioritize finding the stairs over fighting. If you can avoid a fight, avoid it, as you need to conserve PP. This is of course under the assumption you're at least a high enough level to go through the dungeon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Having progressed up past Mt. Blaze, I'm shocked by the night and day difference in difficulty between dungeons where you can recruit Pokémon, and those where you can't. In dungeons where you can recruit, you just end up with an army of 5-8 Pokémon in no time, making the dungeon so much easier than it would be otherwise, but these dungeons where it's just you and you're partner are the first part of the game that actually feels somewhat difficult. Yeah, I appreciate being able to recruit new members without having to leave room on my team, but they probably should have went the Explorers/Gates way of doing things and had the extra ones transported away. Or, at the very least, cap the team out at a more reasonable number like 4 or 5. It's little disappointing the difficulty is ruined by this.

Speaking of difficulty, I'm also a tad annoyed by always having enemy and item placement on the map. It changes the entire way I go about exploring dungeons, and I don't like it. During the demo, I assumed that it was either a demo or an early game thing, seeing as it was listed on the dungeon status log, making it seem like a temporary effect. But if it's not gone by the fugitive portion of the game, then it's never going away, it would seem. Annoying and disappointing.

Okay, and I guess while I'm at it, the other choice I find odd when it comes to the difficulty of this game is the Starters knowing egg moves. The initial reaction is that it's nice to know more than Tackle and Growl, but it makes the early game so much easier than it has to be.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This game definitely feels on the easy side. I didn't play the original, but I did play Explorers and Super and both of those had a somewhat brutal difficulty to the point where I could pack multiple healing items and Reviver Seeds and still end up massacred before reaching the end of the dungeon. This game, just doesn't for some reason. IDK if I'm just grinding more than I used to, I have been doing more jobs in between than usual, but that shouldn't really be enough for me to sweep these dungeons.

Also, I mopped the floor with the Bird Trio, but that's only because I'm playing as Pikachu and got a Thunderbolt TM, so I had a massive advantage against them.

I am interested to know is anyone else having a problem with crashing or am I doing something wrong? My team went down in a dungeon and when I go to the main menu option “Give up on rescue” my game crashes and I get an error message “the software was closed because an error occurred”. I haven’t played this series in over 10 years so I cant remember how other games worked.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am interested to know is anyone else having a problem with crashing or am I doing something wrong? My team went down in a dungeon and when I go to the main menu option “Give up on rescue” my game crashes and I get an error message “the software was closed because an error occurred”. I haven’t played this series in over 10 years so I cant remember how other games worked.

I have no idea what's going on, but I assure that a game crashing due to an error is never an intended way of working. So something is wrong.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This is a new one... is the "Rare Quality Orb" meant for shiny Pokemon?
I saw it being sold by Kecleon for 100 coins and bought it

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is a new one... is the "Rare Quality Orb" meant for shiny Pokemon?
I saw it being sold by Kecleon for 100 coins and bought it

No, Rare Qualities are this game's replacement for IQ Skills. When you feed a Pokémon a Gummy, there's a random chance that it will obtain a Rare Quality. Unlike IQ Skills, they're universal, and each Pokémon can only have one at a time. Also, when you recruit Pokémon, they might have a Rare Quality, hence the Rare Quality Orb.

Status
Not open for further replies.