• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

Honestly, I think Chunsoft is just getting their feet wet to see if people will be interested in a console PMD and that if this sells well they'll make another more ambitious title.

That's basically what happened with Gates to Infinity (Which did reasonably well for a spin-off).

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I read that you can add Pokemon you encounter as you get through dungeons, being able to have up to eight teammates. But when you leave for a dungeon, you start off with three or four members (not exactly sure about this part).

If that's true, it'll make recruiting Pokémon even easier (assuming they won't be gone forever if defeated). I remember some dungeons I wanted to do a recruiting spree and had to do a couple of trips to do so.

They should have had "Coming to the Rescue" as the subtitle rather than Rescue Team DX.

That is just perfect. Such a missed opportunity... But I don't mind the title. It just makes me think of Pokken Tournament DX.

Honestly, I think Chunsoft is just getting their feet wet to see if people will be interested in a console PMD and that if this sells well they'll make another more ambitious title.

That's basically what happened with Gates to Infinity (Which did reasonably well for a spin-off).

Well that just makes me worried. But I guess I shouldn't be that worried considering plenty don't like GtI gameplay-wise and, as you said, it still sold relatively well.

-all the talk of the lack of post-Gen 3 Pokémon-

I still think they'll add some. I mean, again, a Lucario was outright shown in the trailer. It'd be weird to only just add one outright new Pokémon for the game and leave out more. Though if they go with only evolutions of old Pokémon (Togekiss, Roserade, Gliscor, etc), that might count as "plenty of new Pokémon". I wouldn't mind too much. But it'd be cool if, under that logic, they'd add the Alolan forms and the Gallarian forms and evolutions. Together with the Gen 4 new evolutions and pre-evolutions, that's...-double checks-...about 55+ new Pokémon, if one counts the regional variants as separate Pokémon.

Okay, counting that, it doesn't seem a lot but considering the number of Kalos Pokémon was 72, I think it's not bad.

But it would indeed be a shame if they didn't add a good selection from each Gen post-Gen 3. Especially Gen 8. I want a Corviknight on my Mystery Dungeon team.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I still think they'll add some. I mean, again, a Lucario was outright shown in the trailer. It'd be weird to only just add one outright new Pokémon for the game and leave out more. Though if they go with only evolutions of old Pokémon (Togekiss, Roserade, Gliscor, etc), that might count as "plenty of new Pokémon". I wouldn't mind too much. But it'd be cool if, under that logic, they'd add the Alolan forms and the Gallarian forms and evolutions. Together with the Gen 4 new evolutions and pre-evolutions, that's...-double checks-...about 55+ new Pokémon, if one counts the regional variants as separate Pokémon.

If they had shown anything but Lucario, I would take its inclusion as proof of there being other new Pokémon as well. But Lucario is in a weird position, seeing as it actually had a cameo in the original game, so this could just be an expansion upon that.

Honestly though, if Lucario is one of the only new things added, I'm kind of surprised they didn't go ahead and add Riolu as a playable Pokémon, seeing as it was in Explorers and Super.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If they had shown anything but Lucario, I would take its inclusion as proof of there being other new Pokémon as well. But Lucario is in a weird position, seeing as it actually had a cameo in the original game, so this could just be an expansion upon that.

Honestly though, if Lucario is one of the only new things added, I'm kind of surprised they didn't go ahead and add Riolu as a playable Pokémon, seeing as it was in Explorers and Super.
Adding a Riolu would probably come into conflict with the "cameo", which was just a statue. That bit is surely getting focus this time around properly, which should be reeeally interesting.

Like Charlie's Angels interesting.

Which was an actual thing in the next entry.

Except without the Charlie.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Okay, so PMD1 remakes are really cool and all, but the best part of this announcement in my opinion is the possibility of a future PMD2 remake. I do agree that it would be nice to have an expanded roster, but even being able to play PMD2 with updated graphics, mechanics, and a modern audio system would be nice.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Oh my gosh. How could that slip my mind? That is a possibility and, though that's quite a bit in the future, it would be awesome if that would happen. Imagine how the top of Temporal Tower would look! And Palkia's dungeon (the name of which escapes me at the moment)! Or the frozen future world. Not to mention the remixes.

But as for RTDX, I do wonder how much info and what kind they're going to release before it's, well, released since it's only about two months away.

dar

Event Hunter
I love how they added more to the friend bow item with the chance of finding shiny pokemon on top of just recruiting pokemon easier.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, so PMD1 remakes are really cool and all, but the best part of this announcement in my opinion is the possibility of a future PMD2 remake. I do agree that it would be nice to have an expanded roster, but even being able to play PMD2 with updated graphics, mechanics, and a modern audio system would be nice.

Honestly, that was one of the first things to cross my mind when I was watching the trailer.

Not to mention the remixes.

Not going to lie, a remix of Dialga's Fight to the Finish might just be the single thing I am most excited about when it comes to a potential Explorers remake (not that everything about that game isn't great). That is my single favorite track in all of video games, and I've always wanted an official remix of it. Was sad when Super Mystery Dungeon didn't do that, as I assumed it would be my only hope.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wish this game sucess so it can open the path for a new one with more options in the roster (aka gen V-VIII starters)

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I adore the Mystery Dungeon games. I'll admit I'm disappointed it's a remake rather than an actual new game, but this also means Mystery Dungeon isn't dead and if this game does well, then we might be able to get a brand new game. I'd love to see one with the Gen 7 and 8 starters.

One thing I'm super glad about is that this remake is one game. The originals were 2 versions, which means it will be very nice not having to deal with version exclusives. I also noticed the Lucario in the trailer, meaning we might have slightly more than 386 Pokemon, which is nice, even if it is just the evolutions and pre-evolutions.

I'll keep an eye on this. It will be interesting to see the little changes they've done.

Creyk

I'm a big enough Mystery Dungeon fan that I'll buy and love the game regardless, but I'm definitely afraid of how 1-to-1 this game will end up. Rescue Team needs a lot of work done on it to even be brought up to date with Explorers, let alone Super. The more 1-to-1 the remake is, the worse the game will be. I'm honestly questioning why not add more Pokémon. Even if it's not all of them, a wide selection of Gen IV-VIII Pokémon would be nice, especially for the Gen VII and VIII Pokémon that have never been in a Mystery Dungeon game.
By now we know that when it comes to the people who make the pokémon games, If they have any excuse to be lazy, they will take it. Just look at ORAS not implementing the improvements of Emerald. Same case here.

Creyk

One thing I'm super glad about is that this remake is one game. The originals were 2 versions, which means it will be very nice not having to deal with version exclusives. I also noticed the Lucario in the trailer, meaning we might have slightly more than 386 Pokemon, which is nice, even if it is just the evolutions and pre-evolutions.
I'm certain Lucario will be the only post gen-4 new line added. It was sort of in the original game, and it can mega evolve. If we look at just gen 1-3, that already decreases the amount of pokémon capable of mega evolution being available compared to the full roster, so that is all the more reason to put Lucario in. It's 1 more pokemon who can mega evolve.

VaporeonGold

This series stinks but these games have a remake now so why not have a thread for it. Be on topic or something I guess.
I wanted to discuss my excitement for the remake, and the only thread I can find is created by someone toxically hating on the games. How is this a good way to open our thread?

I happen to LOVE Mystery Dungeon games. I have the Pokemon ones, Chocobo Ones, and I've even played a few of the original Dragon Quest ones. Way to be rude about it's fans. If you look around on social media you'll find that lots of people love Mystery Dungeon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Damn it, just downloaded the demo and saw Riolu wasn't a starter. :/

It'd be nice if he was, I always chose(or manipulated the odds) to get him in the previous games
I don't see the point of adding new Pokemon if the starters are exactly the same as back in the day...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
By now we know that when it comes to the people who make the pokémon games, If they have any excuse to be lazy, they will take it. Just look at ORAS not implementing the improvements of Emerald. Same case here.

Ignoring your issues with them main series, Mystery Dungeon is made by a completely different company from the main series. Spike Chunsoft makes the series, and Game Freak has absolutely nothing to do with them. What Game Freak did with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire has no bearing on Mystery Dungeon.

GiddyupGal

smarter than i usually act
Damn it, just downloaded the demo and saw Riolu wasn't a starter. :/

It'd be nice if he was, I always chose(or manipulated the odds) to get him in the previous games
I don't see the point of adding new Pokemon if the starters are exactly the same as back in the day...
but all the normal remakes of regualr games also have the same starters so it actually makes sense for riolu not to be a starter

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
but all the normal remakes of regualr games also have the same starters so it actually makes sense for riolu not to be a starter

You might want to refer to the post I just made above yours. What Game Freak does with the main series games has no bearing on Mystery Dungeon games. A main series remake keeping the same starters doesn't really mean in any way that a spin-off remake should do the same.

And makes more sense just to not conflict with a certain someone's backstory.

You've mentioned that a couple times, but does that really matter much? How does you playing a Riolu conflict any more with that Lucario's story than you playing as a Charmander would conflict with Team A.C.T.'s Charizard?

Given, I am very interested in them turning the Lucario statue into a character, but I just can't figure out why that preclude Riolu from being playable.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload

Ignoring your issues with them main series, Mystery Dungeon is made by a completely different company from the main series. Spike Chunsoft makes the series, and Game Freak has absolutely nothing to do with them. What Game Freak did with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire has no bearing on Mystery Dungeon.

Agreeing with Bguy on this. In all honestly, the fact that it's Spike Chunsoft makes me more hopeful it'll be good, besides it being a PMD game, considering the other stuff they've made. But then again, I don't really know how many of those whi work on PMD also worked on let's say the Zero Escape series, so that's all I have to go on.

I wanted to discuss my excitement for the remake, and the only thread I can find is created by someone toxically hating on the games. How is this a good way to open our thread?

It's not. Unless it was meant to be a joke but I doubt it.

VaporeonGold said:
I happen to LOVE Mystery Dungeon games. I have the Pokemon ones, Chocobo Ones, and I've even played a few of the original Dragon Quest ones. Way to be rude about it's fans. If you look around on social media you'll find that lots of people love Mystery Dungeon.

I should try the Chocobo ones at some point. And the Etrian Odyssey one since I love Persona Q. Afted going through the other games I want to play.

Don't forget the many PMD fanfics also.

I'm certain Lucario will be the only post gen-4 new line added. It was sort of in the original game, and it can mega evolve. If we look at just gen 1-3, that already decreases the amount of pokémon capable of mega evolution being available compared to the full roster, so that is all the more reason to put Lucario in. It's 1 more pokemon who can mega evolve.

As if they're just going to add just one Pokemon.

Which is also my main reasoning in my head on why they would add more Pokémon, at least up to Gen 4 from the Lucario reveal. Although...

You might want to refer to the post I just made above yours. What Game Freak does with the main series games has no bearing on Mystery Dungeon games. A main series remake keeping the same starters doesn't really mean in any way that a spin-off remake should do the same.

You've mentioned that a couple times, but does that really matter much? How does you playing a Riolu conflict any more with that Lucario's story than you playing as a Charmander would conflict with Team A.C.T.'s Charizard?

Given, I am very interested in them turning the Lucario statue into a character, but I just can't figure out why that preclude Riolu from being playable.

I think it's less the actual people behind it and more the "logic" behind the main games might apply to DX.

But personally I agree that there's not really much of a good reason to exclude other "starters" though I also don't mind. My personal theory/suspicion is that if they are gonna add new Pokémon, it'll all be post-game, whether through dungeons or other means. Though I'd have to rewatch the trailer for the Lucario scene to see if I can find the name of the dungeon they're in during that scene.

I keep forgetting about that specific Lucario. Though considering I never reached that rank, I'm not surprised I forgot. But maybe Lucario shown is the Lucario that Alakazam talks about.

It does make me slightly worried now there really won't be new Pokémon but I'm still hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.