• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The demo got data-mined and only portraits for Gen 4+ evolutions of old mons were uncovered (plus Riolu's line). Interestingly, some Gen 4+ moves are included.

Oh, well that's extremely disappointing. Not unexpected, but extremely disappointing nonetheless.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly wasn't expecting newer Pokemon to be in these games anyway. I'm somewhat disappointed we have the exact original player characters available and not a wider amount like explorers of Sky. Probably will go with Machop

Creyk

You say this as a fact?

Why would the demo have different graphics from the final game? It's pretty clear that the graphics, whether you like them or not, are a stylistic choice made on purpose. Even ignoring that, with the game coming out in just over a month, there's not really any time for them to make a massive graphic overhaul.

The list of new pokemon included in the game have been datamined. As I told you all already, it is the bare minimum.
In your face, Bguy7! It never mattered that chunsoft makes these games, that doesn't mean they will not take the chance to be lazy when the opportunity presents itself! And you should have had the common sense to know that, but noooo.

Results of the datamine:
- LickyLicky

- Probopass

- Honchkrow

- Electrivire

- Munchlax

- Gallade

- Ambipom

- Riolu

- Lucario

- Glaiscor

- Glaceon

- Leafeon

- Sylveon

- Mime Jr.

- Mamoswine

- Weavile

- Yanmega

- Tangrowth

- Mismagius

- Happiny

- Chingling

- Budew

- Roserade

- Mantyke

- Togekiss

- Dusknoir

- Bonsly

- Froslass

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I'd just like to say Creyk that I think it was less that we didn't think it'd be possible and more that they wanted a source on why you said it, because right now with how that was typed/worded seemed very "Ha! Take that you naysayers/idiots!", it feels like you didn't get that we just wanted a credible source, or at least a reason other than personal gripes. And, at least in my case since, yes, at that time, it was just a, very possible, possibility that I didn't hope come to pass if only because, as you said, that felt lazy.

But back to the part actually about RT DX, at least now we know for sure. A little disappointed but, well, I'm still glad about the addition of Mega Evolution. Yeah, it was in SPMD, but I love Mega Evolutions. So I'm not complaining.

Though it makes me wonder if they'll do DLC considering what they did with SwSh and that it didn't have any data in the base game for Pokémon in the DLC.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The list of new pokemon included in the game have been datamined. As I told you all already, it is the bare minimum.
In your face, Bguy7! It never mattered that chunsoft makes these games, that doesn't mean they will not take the chance to be lazy when the opportunity presents itself! And you should have had the common sense to know that, but noooo.

Jeez, no need to make it personal and be rude about it. Also, I assume you quoted the wrong post of mine, as the one you quoted has nothing to do with the Pokémon present in the game or the laziness of the makers.

Also, we really should give people the benefit of the doubt. Spike Chunsoft has no negative track record (unless you want to count Gates to Infinity), so we have no reason to assume laziness on their part. You shouldn't judge one company by the mistakes of another. And if we decided that Spike Chunsoft is being lazy with with this game, that is in no way related to how Game Freak handled Sword and Shield. It's completely coincidental.

Actually, speaking of Gates, I think this might be a similar situation to that. One of the biggest complaints about that game was its lack of many Pokémon. I'll bet you the reason for the lack of Pokémon in that game was the fact that they had to make new models. So once they got to Super, they had a large amount made already, so they could just make the rest and have all Pokémon. Now for the Switch they have to make new models again, but rather than arbitrarily cut stuff like in Gates, they decided to do a remake, which would justify the cuts. Honestly, I agree with this mentality. I'm bummed to not have new Pokémon added in, but it's definitely easier to accept missing Pokémon in a remake of a Gen III game than an original Gen VIII game.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'm glad they kept the "Pick whatever starter you want" thing from the newer Mystery Dungeons

I would always get The water types or Cyndaquil in Blue somehow. Then i couldnt get Cubone, Machop or Skitty as my Partner, if i remember right.

In the Demo i was a Skitty and Machop team, just to try them out :D

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm glad they kept the "Pick whatever starter you want" thing from the newer Mystery Dungeons

I've always been so torn on that topic. I think the spirit of Mystery Dungeon is taking the quiz and having it decide the Pokémon for you, but at the same time, I don't want to play as a Mudkip.

On a related note, I got Charmander back in both Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Darkness, but got Mudkip this time. Makes me wonder if it's the quiz that has changed, or me.

ShadowForce720

I've always been so torn on that topic. I think the spirit of Mystery Dungeon is taking the quiz and having it decide the Pokémon for you, but at the same time, I don't want to play as a Mudkip.

On a related note, I got Charmander back in both Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Darkness, but got Mudkip this time. Makes me wonder if it's the quiz that has changed, or me.

Am I'm thinking right in that Explorers of Time & Darkness along with Explorers of Sky were receive well and it was just Gates to Infinity & especially Super Mystery Dungeon that's where things really fell apart?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Am I'm thinking right in that Explorers of Time & Darkness along with Explorers of Sky were receive well and it was just Gates to Infinity & especially Super Mystery Dungeon that's where things really fell apart?
I can't vouch for Time or Darkness, but Sky was hands down the best PMD game.

Gates to Infinity was just ridiculous with the changes it brought and the fact Gen 5 and...a few Pokemon from other gens were all it had.

SMD at least fixed what GtI screwed up, but not without introducing more issues (the constant annoyance that was everyone thinking so lowly of the MC and the partner just being kids, the abysmal feeling of recruiting anyone (you just talk to them at the bar!), the fact there is only one copy of each Pokemon and evolving one outside the main two characters means you'll lose the chance of ever owning any other pre-evolution forever, the fact you were almost always being held by the hand by either absurd amounts of party members or Legendary Pokemon, and how all post-game dungeons are just kind of there).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Explorers is near-universally considered the height of Mystery Dungeon. Gates, on the other hand, is considered the low. Super managed to salvage things, but still had issues that held it back from being as good as Explorers. I definitely would not say "especially" Super Mystery Dungeon.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer

I remember something about looking up what answers to give to get the pokemon you wanted.

but then, it'd have me answer the wrong questions. Then i'd still end up as one of the same 3 pokemon regardless.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

To answer this question, others did notice the same thing when doing the personality test. They suggested that because there is no gender lock in DX, some of the results changed. I’m kind of peeved at this since I used to get Bulbasaur in the originals and wanted to get it from the test in this one too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MysteryDun...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Really wish someone would compile all the quiz results for this game. I'm very curious as to how the results have changed, I wonder how they chose to prioritize assigning specific pokemon to certain natures.

Like, I saw one article where a guy consistently got Mudkip for the Calm nature, which was the original assignment for Calm males. I took the quiz and got assigned Cyndaquil for Timid even though I know for a fact Mudkip was originally the Timid female pokemon. I thought this indicated perhaps they prioritized the male pokemon assignments when making the new quiz with gender neutral results, but in the reddit thread Sceptrigon linked, user Willoworwhatnot says that Eevee was resigned to Hasty even though Eevee was originally for Naive Females only and the Hasty nature gave Torchic for males and Skitty for females.

Willoworwhatnot also claims completely new natures were added in order to standardize the quiz, which is interesting.

Like, man I know you can just choose the Pokemon you want but I like seeing exactly how the quiz works and which natures are assigned to each Pokemon.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
You're half right. Most people (myself included) consider Explorers to be the peak of the series at least in terms of storyline, while Gates took everything good about the first two games and flushed it down the toilet. PSMD was actually a massive step forward from Gates, and this might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually think that PSMD's gameplay and mechanics are better than Explorers. They fixed a ton of problems with the battle system (making stat changes actually matter, rebalancing moves like Imprison, Endeavor, and many others, made type matchups more significant, etc.). I agree with AuraChannelerChris in that there are also a few problems that PSMD introduced (the new "recruiting" system and the fact that Pokemon are locked out for several days after being used once or twice are both extremely obnoxious, and I have no idea how anyone thought that the Ally Reviver or Type Bulldozer emeras were at all balanced), and the story is generally not as good as Explorers, but it also wasn't bad, which is more than Gates can say.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, two key points that I noticed from the new trailer. First, it would seem that Friend Areas are both returning and not returning. They functionally exist, but now consist of an artwork of the area in the background, with classic Mystery Dungeon sprites of the Pokémon occupying the area in the foreground. I like the fact that they slipped in a reference to the classic sprites, pretty fun.

Second, there was one shot that showed an in-game artwork for a Blast Seed that wasn't just a generic yellow seed. Nothing too important, but that's pretty cool.

Anyone notice anything else of note?

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Okay, two key points that I noticed from the new trailer. First, it would seem that Friend Areas are both returning and not returning. They functionally exist, but now consist of an artwork of the area in the background, with classic Mystery Dungeon sprites of the Pokémon occupying the area in the foreground. I like the fact that they slipped in a reference to the classic sprites, pretty fun.

Second, there was one shot that showed an in-game artwork for a Blast Seed that wasn't just a generic yellow seed. Nothing too important, but that's pretty cool.

Anyone notice anything else of note?

A bit disappointed that you can't move around in Friend Areas anymore. But at least the music still seems to exist based on the Makuhita Dojo trailer (music for cave friend areas is played in the background at one point).

When Pikachu ate the Pecha Berry, it gained 100 for its belly. But if I remember correctly, previous games only gave you 5 whenever you ate berries?

Also, Ekans' model is too upright.

Really wish someone would compile all the quiz results for this game. I'm very curious as to how the results have changed, I wonder how they chose to prioritize assigning specific pokemon to certain natures.

Like, I saw one article where a guy consistently got Mudkip for the Calm nature, which was the original assignment for Calm males. I took the quiz and got assigned Cyndaquil for Timid even though I know for a fact Mudkip was originally the Timid female pokemon. I thought this indicated perhaps they prioritized the male pokemon assignments when making the new quiz with gender neutral results, but in the reddit thread Sceptrigon linked, user Willoworwhatnot says that Eevee was resigned to Hasty even though Eevee was originally for Naive Females only and the Hasty nature gave Torchic for males and Skitty for females.

Willoworwhatnot also claims completely new natures were added in order to standardize the quiz, which is interesting.

Like, man I know you can just choose the Pokemon you want but I like seeing exactly how the quiz works and which natures are assigned to each Pokemon.

Here's a compiled guide for the quiz results. One interesting thing is that two Pokemon are assigned to one nature.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MysteryDun...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
But if I remember correctly, previous games only gave you 5 whenever you ate berries?

Good catch. That is correct. Not actually a fan of that change, it serves to make apples obsolete. Why would you waste bag space on an apple when you can carry berries that restore the same amount, while also having bonus effects. Apples seem rather pointless now if that's always the case.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Good catch. That is correct. Not actually a fan of that change, it serves to make apples obsolete. Why would you waste bag space on an apple when you can carry berries that restore the same amount, while also having bonus effects. Apples seem rather pointless now if that's always the case.

That makes me wonder if there are any changes to the effects of apples and other foods. Like when you ate apples with a full belly, they increase your belly's capacity (certain ones increase regardless). Maybe there will be greater or different effects when eating apples in this game.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Here's a compiled guide for the quiz results. One interesting thing is that two Pokemon are assigned to one nature.

I find it hilarious that Charmander and Bulbasaur's natures got switched...because Bulbasaur was the one I got most often (aka Calm) in Red Rescue, just behind Pikachu (Hardy) and Chikorita (Docile) and Charmander's my favorite. XD So hooray for me!

That makes me wonder if there are any changes to the effects of apples and other foods. Like when you ate apples with a full belly, they increase your belly's capacity (certain ones increase regardless). Maybe there will be greater or different effects when eating apples in this game.

I certainly hope so. Though the increase in belly capacity idea makes me remember something about eating an apple (or a similar food item maybe?) would make you go over 100 hunger...like 150/100 or something...I think. It's been a while since I played PMD and I could be misremembering things.

Status
Not open for further replies.