• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
For whatever it's worth, Pikachu does learn Discharge, which effects the entire room. Problem is you don't learn it until the mid-30's, and, at least in my experience, you don't hit that level until post-game.

Okay I don't know if I'm misremembering things or things in DX are different (as I don't have a copy), but I'm honestly surprised to hear that...as I'm usually that level, if not above, by Sky Tower in my games.

Though, again, I could be mixing it up with Explorers of Sky as I was usually level 40-45+ by the time I reach Temporal Tower. Is that the average level at that point for that game?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, I figured that much out pretty quickly.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious. Only reason I bring it up is because I didn't have any issues with Monster Houses during the story because of that.

Okay I don't know if I'm misremembering things or things in DX are different (as I don't have a copy), but I'm honestly surprised to hear that...as I'm usually that level, if not above, by Sky Tower in my games.

I was level 31 upon beating the game, myself. And if I remember correctly from my original play-through of Blue Rescue Team, I believe I was only level 28 or 29. I know for a fact I was lower than 36, as I was annoyed at the fact that I beat the game, and yet I still wasn't a high enough level to evolve into Charizard.

It's possible that you would just train more than me. I never really go out of my way to train, unless I absolutely need to in order to continue.

Though, again, I could be mixing it up with Explorers of Sky as I was usually level 40-45+ by the time I reach Temporal Tower. Is that the average level at that point for that game?

Don't remember the average, but it's definitely higher in Explorers. 40 sounds right to me.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

My Pikachu is at Lv. 23. I might be able to grind some levels with some Dojo Tickets, but 10 levels might be a bit much.

Explorers' story seems to be about twice as long as this game, so it would make sense that you'd be at a much higher level by the end of that game.

PsychoIncarnate

Rayquaza was surprisingly easy.

He knocked my team mates around, but Magnemite had Discharge, which hit him no matter where Magnemite was. And my Squirtle had Ice Beam, which he's 4x weak to. Cyndaquil was kind of useless tho. If I was smart, I would have picked Pikachu as my partner. Then I could have combined Rain Dance and Thunder to never miss. Oh well, I like Cyndaquil better.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My Pikachu is at Lv. 23. I might be able to grind some levels with some Dojo Tickets, but 10 levels might be a bit much.

Huh, that might be where the major difference in difficulty between us came in. My partner Pikachu was level 28 when I first went into Sky Tower. I wonder how that discrepancy between us arised. I never went out of my way to train or grind, I beat most dungeons on my first or second try, and I never used the dojo, so I should have been pretty close to the minimum possible level. The only thing that possibly could have made me a higher level was my five or six attempts at Magma Cavern, but you said you had trouble there too, not to mention I doubt I leveled five times during that dungeon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Huh, that might be where the major difference in difficulty between us came in. My partner Pikachu was level 28 when I first went into Sky Tower. I wonder how that discrepancy between us arised. I never went out of my way to train or grind, I beat most dungeons on my first or second try, and I never used the dojo, so I should have been pretty close to the minimum possible level. The only thing that possibly could have made me a higher level was my five or six attempts at Magma Cavern, but you said you had trouble there too, not to mention I doubt I leveled five times during that dungeon.

I didn't fail at Magma Cavern, I beat it on my first attempt. I just lost a lot of Reviver Seeds. This is actually the first time I failed a dungeon in the entire game, that's probably where the level discrepancy came from.

I don't think the level difference has much to do with it though, it's probably more the type matchups and movesets. Your starter having a SE long range move is probably the biggest factor, if you can take them out at a distance before they take you out that makes them much less of a threat.

EDIT:

Did a comparison of Rescue Team's storyline vs. Explorers' storyline.

1. Tiny Woods
2. Thunderwave Cave
3. Mt. Steel
4. Sinister Woods
5. Silent Chasm
6. Mt. Thunder
7. Great Canyon
8. Lapis Cave
9. Mt. Blaze
10. Frosty Forest
11. Mt. Freeze
12. Uproar Forest
13. Magma Cavern
14. Sky Tower

1. Beach Cave
2. Drenched Bluff
3. Mt. Bristle
4. Waterfall Cave
5. Apple Woods
6. Craggy Coast
7. Mt. Horn
8. Foggy Forest
9. Steam Cave
10. Amp Plains
11. Northern Desert
12. Quicksand Cave
13. Crystal Cave
14. Chasm Cave
15. Dark Hill
16. Sealed Ruins
17. Dusk Forest
18. Treeshroud Forest
19. Brine Cave
20. Hidden Land
21. Temporal Tower

Okay, only 50% longer, not twice as long. But still, it's a significantly longer campaign so of course you're going to be higher level by the end.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, I finally did it. I got my Pikachu up to Lv. 34 and taught it Discharge, and I also recruited a Numel that knew Flame Burst and Magnitude. I've got long range attacks for days now and that was enough to get me through Sky Tower. Next order of business: finding an Evolution Crystal to evolve my Pikachu.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Alright, three days of organizing, powering up, grinding, and forcing my way through the weaker post-game dungeons, I think I finally ready to really start with the true post-game. Tonight I managed to complete Solar Cave to score the Friendship Bow, which means I can also start shiny hunting now. I think I'll go for Dragonite first. I actually found two Shiny Gyrados in one run of the Waterfall Pond, but that was before I had the bow, and I wasn't carrying an Invite Orb. Anyways, also managed to recruit all three Legendary Birds tonight, so they should be able to help in beating the stronger bosses.

Actually, funny story, I battled Zapdos first, coming off of a Shiny Dragonite hunting session, not expecting to be able to beat it, but thanks to a little bit of a luck, plus a random level 18 Elektrike I recruited that had Lightning Rod, I actually managed to beat it without using any Oran Berries or Reviver Seeds. Then, the combination of Raichu and Zapdos with Discharge and Charizard with Overheat allowed me to defeat both Articuno and Moltres, even though Articuno destroyed me last time I tried to fight it the previous night. Zapdos made all the difference. So, in reality, recruiting the one Elektrike allowed to me recruit all three Legendary Birds. How about that?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Man it was easy until I reached Moltres, now I'm stuck grinding like hell to beat it. Eevee was a mistake, Pikachu's doing all the work. Tempted to just scrap it all and start over with a Charmander/Pikachu team. Nostalgia be damned

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
So my team is 38/37/37 Cyndaquil/Mudkip/Absol
But having a hard time with Rayquaza. I do have stone edge and rock slide on my partners but I have to be next to him to hit which is hard when he can hyper beam you from anywhere and the wind throws you around. Advice?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So my team is 38/37/37 Cyndaquil/Mudkip/Absol
But having a hard time with Rayquaza. I do have stone edge and rock slide on my partners but I have to be next to him to hit which is hard when he can hyper beam you from anywhere and the wind throws you around. Advice?

Sounds kind of obvious, but the most helpful moves are ranged moves. The wider range you can hit Rayquaza from, the easier time you'll have. For me, just spamming Flame Burst from afar, while my other Pokémon got in close to attack directly, was enough to beat it. Also, try to keep your Pokémon spread out, so you don't all get hit by once Hyper Beam. If you have to, use the plus button to take control of your teammates and move them yourself.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
So I've beaten Western Cave and recruited Mewtwo yet I still haven't unlocked Fantasy Straight or Marvelous Sea?? Despite beating that dungeon being the only requirements to unlock these dungeons. Help???

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
So I've beaten Western Cave and recruited Mewtwo yet I still haven't unlocked Fantasy Straight or Marvelous Sea?? Despite beating that dungeon being the only requirements to unlock these dungeons. Help???

Have you beaten Meteor Cave yet? From what little I remember, I had to clear Meteor Cave in order to unlock those two dungeons.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Have you beaten Meteor Cave yet? From what little I remember, I had to clear Meteor Cave in order to unlock those two dungeons.
Yes. Still not unlocked

WalesNote

Got my copy, and started with Meowth and Totodile. Added Magnamite to my team and recruited a rattata and a geodude.
Meowth aka Mars.
Totodile aka Neptune.
Magnamite aka Saturn.

WaterTypeStarter

"Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee were"paired games that were remakes of the stand alone "Pokemon Yellow".
"Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX" is a standalone game that is a remake of "Red & Blue Rescue Teams" which were paired games. Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.