• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rising Shadows - Sign Ups

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
http://i56.*******.com/29olr2b.png
~Sign Ups~

We all know the story of the Creation: In the beginning, there was Chaos. Then, in the midst of everything, and egg appeared, and from this egg, Arceus. The Alpha Pokemon then used his Thousand Arms to create the Universe, with its many planets and galaxies.

Arceus then created 3 eggs, which hatch into the Being of Time, Dialga, the Being of Space, Palkia, and the Being of Matter and Antimatter, Giratina. They were chosen to guard over the greatest forces of all.

The Alpha Pokemon then created 3 more eggs. They hatched into the Legendary Pixies: Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. They were asked to keep the Universe at balance.

Finally, Arceus created one more egg. From this egg, was Mew, the Ancestor of All Pokemon. Mew was told to bring the first few Pokemon to life, which would later become the Pokemon of Today.

Arceus then went into a deep slumber, only to awaken once every year, to discuss what has happened in the world, while he was asleep, and what should be done about the negatives. He sleeps in an invisible temple, high above the planet Solada.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not much longer after the Universe was created, Dialga made a Prophecy, that would change everything:

Many years from now, the 3 Pokemon Worlds will be attacked. Coronia will be first to be in danger, followed by Zendera, and finally Solada, where the Original One rests.

In shadows, they will be, until, the time is right. They will come to destroy us and plunge the World into Darkness. The Shadows will Rise, and only the Chosen Ones from another galaxy, will be able to stop them.

Many Pokemon were frightened by this, but as the years went by, the Prophecy was forgotten, and was just a myth.

Until about 7 years ago.

Coronia was hit by many Natural Disasters, and a falling star was coming their way, and fast. Strangely, a human that was turned into a Charmander was the one who got Rayquaza to Hyper Beam the Star, as no one else could. Most Pokemon thought this was Natural because it wasn't called "Natural Disasters" for nothing. But the Legendary Pokemon knew this wasn't Nature's doing. There were too many Disasters to be called a coincidence. They knew what was happening.

They knew the Prophecy was becoming a reality.

This was further proven right when Zendera was attacked 3 years after the incident in Coronia. And this time, the Universe did plunge into darkness. But, once again, a human came from nowhere to save the day. This human had a special ability that let her see the past or future when she touched something.

When the human first came to the Zendera, she stayed as a human. But when she and Grovyle, her partner, were traveling through time to the past (with the help of Celebi), they got attacked by none other than Darkrai. This caused her to transform into an Eevee and lose her memory.

In the end, however, the Human gathered the time gears and placed them in Temporal Tower, saving the world from its previous fate, then saved it again, by defeating Darkrai at Dark Crater.

But that wasn't Darkrai.

The real Darkrai was found locked up in Dark Crater 2 months later, explaining that a bunch of Pokemon came and locked him up here. He explained that there were 4 of them: "One was a little, but cunning, plasma Pokemon. Another, was a yellow, bipedal Pokemon that was carrying some sort of hypnotic device. The third, was a female, wearing some sort of black dress with white ribbons on it. And the leader, was a fox-like Pokemon that could create Illusions."

It was hard to believe this could get any worse, but it was about to...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was that time again. All the Legendary Pokemon were meeting at the ruins on the Floating Islands. Everyone was going to talk about what has happened last year, and what could they do in the next. Everyone was chatting, making small talk, before the yearly get-together started. Most of them haven't seen each other since last year. All of them were seated at an ancient table, except Cresselia, who was taking attendance.

Rayquaza was talking to Giratina about his Sky Realm, when he noticed something.

"Hey, do you know where Dialga, Mew, and Arceus are?" he asked the Renegade Pokemon.

"They're probably just running late." Giratina stated. "Even Legendaries aren't always on time, you know."

Rayquaza nodded, then laughed when he remembered the time when Ho-oh came in halfway through one of the previous get-togethers.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and a pink, feline-like Pokemon stood in the doorway.

"Mew!" everyone shouted.

"You guys need to follow me," Mew ordered. "It's an emergency!"

"But what about the-" Victini was asking, but Mew cut him off.

"Now!" Mew shouted, and all Legendaries got up, and followed her outside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the edge of the island, they found Dialga, standing there motionlessly, looking up to sky.

"Hey Dialga," Zekrom spoke. "What's the big emergency?"

The Temporal Pokemon sighed, then turned to the other Legendaries. "Arceus has been kidnapped," he finally said.

Everyone gasped. How could this have happened?

"Well, how can we rescue him?" Jirachi asked.

"We can't," Dialga stated. "But the Chosen Ones can."

"What do you mean Dialga?" Raikou wondered.

"Right before Arceus got kidnapped, he took some of the powers from his 16 plates, and used this to teleport 16 different Humans to Solada. And his hunch was right. The mysterious Pokemon chained him to 16 elemental chains. That's all he has told me through telepathy."

"So, this means means we have to find the Humans?" Cresselia stated.

"Yes," Dialga replied, taking a deep breath before saying, "If we don't, all is lost. With their help, we can stop the Rising Shadows."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are one of the humans that have been sent to Solada to stop the Rising Shadows. Like the other PMD games, you have become a Pokemon, but the Pokemon you become is correspondent to the plate Arceus used to teleport you with. You have also lost some of your memory, but besides Name and that fact that you were a human, you also remember your age and some significant points in your life.

You can also be a Non-Human Exploration/Rescue Team, or an "Outsider": Someone who isn't on an Team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are 3 starting points you can be in when you start, and they are the 3 Pokemon Villages. They are named after the 3 Founding Fathers of Solada. They are:

Kamex City: The biggest Village in all 3 Pokemon Planets. It is a bustling City filled with many attractions, found in the Rock Slide Mountain Range in Southern Solada.

You can find here:

Gastrodon Shop
Kanghaskan Storage
Pidgeot Theme Park
Electivire Link Shop
Vanillite Cafe
Chansey Day Care
Delibird's Delivery Service
Sawsbuck's Recycle and Trade Center
Espeon's Appraisal Service
Audino Hospital

Kojondo Town: A beautiful Island Village in Eastern Solada, connected to the Mainland by the Water Pledge Bridge. Although it's not as big as Kamex City, It has some things the City doesn't.

You can find here:

Kecleon Shop
Kanghaskan Storage
Gulpin Link Shop
Accelgor Guild
Blaziken Dojo
Spinda's Cafe
Audino Hospital

Manyula Village: A small Village in the Powder Snow Plains of North-Western Solada. It is a small Village with only a few Attractions, but everyone here is very friendly.

You can find here:

Snover Shop
Kanghaskan Storage
Sealeo Link Shop
Audino Hospital

There are Multiple Areas in Solada, where the Villages and Mystery Dungeons are located. Here they are:

Rock Slide Mountain Range: A very big mountain range covering almost the entire Southern Coast of the Mainland. There is a Hidden Lake in Eastern end. Kamex City is located here.

Powder Snow Plains: A snowy area in the North-East. It is almost completely flat, except for a hill in the North-Western Corner of the plains, and it almost always snows here. Manyula Village is located here.

Bubblebeam Archipelago: A large group of Islands off the Eastern Coast of the Mainland. Most of the Islands are very tropical, and very warm. Kojondo Town and the Floating Islands are located here.

Magical Leaf Forest Area: A big, forested area filled with many different Pokemon. The forests here range from tropical rainforests to Icy Coniferous Forests. There is a Shrine dedicated to Celebi in this Forest.

Sandstorm Desert: A desert just off to the east of the Rock Slide Mountain Range. It is very treacherous, and only the hardiest of Teams can pull through. There is a small Oasis located in the center of the desert.

Featherdance Valley: A beautiful valley located in the center of the Mainland. Many Flying-Types often come here to nest. There is a river that runs through the valley, and a small temple dedicated to the Creation Trio.
There are 2 ways to become an official Exploration or Rescue Team.

A) Visit the Accelgor Guild, and have Guildmaster Accelgor sign your Team up
OR
B) Sending a letter to the Accelgor Guild or the Pokemon Rescue and Exploration Team Association (PRETA for short), with your sign up form inside, via Delibird's Delivery Service.

Your Team stuff will come in the mail in about a day or so after sending in your sign-up form to either group.
Also, there are the 6 Light Crystals. Like the 5 Time Gears of Zendera, something bad will happen in that area if they are taken. Instead of Time stopping, all the colours will be drained from that area. But, if all of them are taken to the Creation Trio's Temple, a path to Alpha Tower, Arceus' resting place in the Sky, will open. Arceus is usually there, but whenever he isn't, like now, a portal will appear, that goes to wherever Arceus is at the time. This is the only way to get to him. The Rising Shadows didn't have to do this, as the caught Arceus while he was going to the Ceremony/Get-Together.
Rules

1) All SPPF rules apply
2) No Godmodding AT ALL
3) No Bunnying unless you have the person's permission
4) Remember to make your character realistic
5) There is a Max Total of 16 Human Teams (one for each Plate), 8 Non-Human Teams, and 6 Outsiders, and each player can have up to 2 characters
6) Stay Active
7) The characters are only allowed to be non-evolved Pokemon, and Pokemon that don't evolve. This excludes Pokemon whose pre-evo is a "Baby" Pokemon.
8) You cannot be a Pokemon that is a Shopkeeper, a Legendary, or is Rotom, Gothita, Drowzee, or Zorua.
9) If you reserved a spot, you have a week to send a Character Form in. If you don't, the reserve will be automatically deleted.
10) One team = One Human. But, other teams are allowed to band together to do Missions together.
11) Your Character can only vaguely remember things from being a Human, and they no nothing about Arceus or the Rising Shadows at the beginning
12) You cannot reserve a Type if someone has already reserved it, or is already accepted.
13) If your on a Non-Human Team or an Outsider, you have to contribute to the main storyline.
14) HAVE FUN!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Human Team Character Form

Name: (First and Last, please)
Species: (What was your character turned into? Reminder that some Pokemon are prohibited, and there is no Normal Plate)
Personality: (Minimum of 100 words)
History: (Back story on yourself before becoming a Pokemon, Minimum of 100 words)
Other:

Partner (You can't have PMD without a partner)

Name: (Just first name)
Species: (What kind of Pokemon is your Partner? Again, there are some restrictions)
History: (Partner's back story before they meet you, Minimum of 100 words)
Other:

Team Name: (What will your team be called?)
Starting Pokemon Village: (Either Kamex City, Kojondo Town, or Manyula Village)

Non-Human Team Character Form

Leader

Name: (First name, please)
Species: (What kind of Pokemon is the Leader? Some restrictions apply)
History: (Back story on the Leader before joining a Team, Minimum of 100 words)
Other:

Partner

Name: (Again, just first name)
Species: (What kind of Pokemon is the Partner? Some restrictions apply)
History: (Back story on the Partner before joining a Team, Minimum of 100 words)
Other:

Team Name: (What will your team be called?)
Starting Pokemon Village: (K.C, K.T, M.V)

Outsider Character Form

Name: (Just first name, again)
Species: (What kind of Pokemon is the Character? Some restrictions apply)
History: (Back story on the Pokemon, Minimum of 100 words)
Other:

Starting Pokemon Village: (K.C, K.T, M.V)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All Characters

Human Teams - Reserves are Open

Bug - Team Endeavor - M.B McSmogon (Scyther) and Rory (Gible) - Metal Bagon
Dark - Team EH - Lucie Evans (Houndour) and Drew (Electrike) - Flame Mistress
Dragon - Team GreenFlare - Naomi Brown (Axew) and Charlie (Cyndaquil) - ShinyLugia101
Electric - Team ElectricTorrent - Carmen Stone (Pikachu) and Leon (Squirtle) - Fireflies
Fighting - Team R.P - Ross Griffin-Wizard (Riolu) and Bob (Pawniard) - Metal Bagon
Fire - Team FireStorm - Amelia Wright (Ponyta) and Cammie (Oshawott) - ShinyLugia101
Flying - The Karasu Murder - Connor "Con" Joshua (Murkrow) and Don Karasu (Murkrow) - Rotom310
Ghost - Team Astonish - Craig Black (Litwick) and Chuck (Mawile) - menametlg
Grass - The VM Brigade - Vien Ethersteen (Snivy) and Mia (Pichu) - Raiden193
Ground - Team Desert Sun - Dusty McCloud (Trapinch) and Claire (Litwick) - Mon1010
Ice -
Poison - Team Toxic Sands - Verron Crowner (Venipede) and Crash (Sandile) - BeKidding
Psychic - Team TidalForce - Selena Artemis (Munna) and Mike (Oshawott) - Mon1010
Rock -
Steel -
Water - Team PokePals - Joseph "Joe" Finnigin (Mudkipz) and James (Treecko) - HydroSwampert

Non-Human Teams - Reserves are Open

- Team Chariot - Rita (Blitzle) and Ray (Totodile) - AudinoGlitch
- Team Underestimate - Julio (Shuckle) and David (Stunfisk) - Rayquaza is Green
-
-
-
-
-
-

Outsiders - Reserves are Open

-
-
-
-
-
-

Sign-ups are Open
If you have any questions or problems relating to this RPG, please PM me.
Credit for the Banner goes to the Amazing Mew_!

Last edited:

HydroSwampert

I'm going to reserve this Post for my Sign-Up , which I will now do, but I want to make sure that I get Water-Type ! Thanks! My Edit and Sign-Up wil come soon! :p :D :)

Also, this is my first RPG ! I can't wait for it to start! :D :)

Edit: Finally, here's my Sign-Up ! Thanks for waiting! :p :D :)

Name: (First and Last, please) Joseph ( Joe ) Finnigin
Species: (What was your character turned into? Reminder that some Pokemon are prohibited, and there is no Normal Plate) Mudkip ! I hope that you didn't consider him Legendary ! :)
Personality: (Minimum of 100 words) Joseph is a usually very optimistic! He tries to always look at the good! He is also usually happy! He is almost always pretty shy, but he can sometimes overcome it, especially when the other person looks very friendly! Joe loves to have fun, good fun! He has learned to like battle, especially the more he does it! He can also be very helping, especially to his friends, who he can make rather easily when he can overcome his shyness! He would be the last to brag, and his shyness probably has something to do about this. He can also get competitive! ( 102 Words , I think )
History: (Back story on yourself before becoming a Pokemon, Minimum of 100 words) He isn't the toughest, but he's tough enough for his age. He is very fast! He has done good in Competitions , escpecially running! He also has some Academic Medals and Ribbons ! He had some, not a lot, but some very good friends! Usually, either he was good friends with someone, or they weren't really friends. Other than that, he didn't do much exciting, except just starting to play soccer, mainly for fun! He had a couple of very good friends that he would hang out with a lot, but he also had a lot that were friends. He is also healthy , and has never gotten very seriously hurt. ( 111 words )
Other: There isn't much else , except, like is expected, he isn't entirely used to his new body yet.

Partner (You can't have PMD without a partner)

Name: (Just first name) James
Species: (What kind of Pokemon is your Partner? Again, there are some restrictions) Treecko
Personality: (Minimum of 100 words) James' personality is close to Joseph's , with a few differences. The main differences are that he can brag a little, but only a little, and very rarely. They are both also peace-loving, even though they do like to Battle sometimes! He is cares for his stuff, as Joe does. He gets angered when someone that isn't one of his closest friends touches it, or messes with it, as Joe also does! He is inspried to good, as Joe also is! They both have seen how similar they are, so they have became good friends rather quickly! He also loves Berries , and he loves giving new kinds of them to Joe for him to try! ( 116 words ) Edit 2: He can cocky sometimes! Also, sometime he gets mad rather easily, but only sometimes!
History: (Partner's back story before they meet you, Minimum of 100 words) He was and is a tough Treecko , and fast, for his age! In fact, he was the fastest from his Village ! He has also been an avid fighter, and he fights a lot, to get stronger, to learn new Moves , and because of how fun it is, and his love for it! He has traveled a little, but he wants and hopes to travel more! He has fun with his friends! He also likes to exercise, and he does it a lot! He is also a Berry Collector , to plant, and eat some. He has a decent amount of friends , including a couple of closer ones. ( 111 words )
Other: He, along with Joe , can tell that they will be great friends , and that they will make a great Team ! I don't think that there is anything else for him now!

Starting Pokemon Village: (Either Kamex City, Kojondo Town, or Manyula Village) Kamex City ! Thanks! :p :D :)

Thanks for waiting! :p :D :)

Edit 2: Their Team Name is Team PokePals , if that's ok! :p :D :)

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
A certain Rotom fan I know will not be happy. xD

I'd like to reserve Psychic and Ground

Can I evolve later on in the RP?

Last edited:

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
Your Type has been Reserved, HyroSwampert

I'll probably do up my Character Form Tomorrow, my sister wants the computer soon...

And I edited the Character Forms. Forgot to add "Gender".

Edit: Probably, but not until later in the RPG.

oh, and Your Types are Reserved, too, Mon.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
I'm assuming we're not allowed to do fully evolved Pokemon then? I'll reserve Steel, if you don't mind.

EDIT: Adding on from what you Mon said, are we able to evolve later?

Last question, I swear. Say you reserve two types; can you make those into a team, or does your partner have to originally be a Pokemon?

Last edited:

Gryghaim

InfernalBlaze
Does it matter if the plate type is your secondary type? Oh, and I'm reserving Ice.

Last edited:

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
May I reserve Fighting? I'll edit this with my SU later.

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
All new reserves have been added!

Now it's time to answer some questions!

Say you reserve two types; can you make those into a team, or does your partner have to originally be a Pokemon?

I'd rather stick to the PMD guidelines, so I'm gonna have to say no.

Does it matter if the plate type is your secondary type?

No, it doesn't. If Ice is the secondary type, then you can use it for Ice.

can my partner be a type that's already been taken, such as Fire? Because I want a Flareon for my partner...

You can use whatever type you want for the Partner, even the Normal Type! But you cannot use Flareon, because it is an Evolved Pokemon. But you can use Eevee, and later evolve it into Flareon.

Last edited:

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
^ Reserved!

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
^ Reserved!

Here's my Character Form:

Character Form

Name: Amelia Wright
Species: Ponyta
Personality: Amelia is a very quiet girl, and doesn't talk much. She will only talk to the people she trusts. She is very timid and shy, but will try to do what she thinks is right. She believes in Justice, but would rather do it unseen. Having said that, Amelia is also very determined, and would never give up to anything. She will listen to the leader of a group, but isn't often the leader herself, because of her quietness. She is also very cautious, and will think before acting. Being very smart, Amelia can also solve lots of problems the team may encounter along the way.

History: Back at home, Amelia was bullied a lot because of how shy she was. Part of the reason why she is so quiet is because of the bullying, but also because of how strict her parents were. She wished that she could be free, and everyone else in the world, too. But, she could never get away. Getting transformed into a Pokemon and sent to Solada was like a dream come true for her.

She used to have a younger brother named Xavier, but he died in a car crash while the family was driving home. Everyone in the family got injured, but Xavier was the only one that died. It still bothers her to this day, and even though she lost most of her memory, she still remembers that she used to have a brother.
Other: None

Partner

Name: Cammie
Species: Oshawott
Personality: Cammie is a very friendly and silly Oshawott. She likes to make people laugh. Cammie also loves to invent stuff, but the inventions don't often end well. She is also a smart cookie, and likes to help others in need. She is a great person to have, but isn't very cautious and sometimes gets into some sticky situations that Amelia has to get her out of. She is very loyal and will help her friends out at any time. Cammie often acts as the Leader of the group, but will ask for help when she needs it. She is also a very enthusiastic Pokemon.

History: Cammie has always dreamed of being a great Inventor, but her invention don't often go as planned. One of the worst moments was when she tried to make an Super Ice Cream Maker. Blaziken couldn't get out of his Dojo for 2 days. She also wishes to join the Accelgor Guild in town, but is afraid that she might get in the way of things.

Cammie wanted to be a Inventor since she was 7, but her dad really wanted her to be a nurse, because he said that "That's what responsible Pokemon do when they grow up." But she never listened. But she is about to give up on the idea of being an inventor because most of her inventions went horribly wrong, and go and become a Nurse, when she finds Amelia...
Other: She often wears a pair a red googles on her head.

Team Name: Team FireStorm
Starting Pokemon Village: Kojondo Town

*Puts on a hat* You've been Accepted!
*Takes off the hat* Thank You!

Will do Dragon later

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Psychic Sign Up

Name: Selena Artemis
Species: Munna :517:
Personality: Selena is a proud, confident young woman. She comes off as arrogant sometimes, but she can be nice once you get to know her. She is not shy in the slightest, and if given the opportunity, she will say exactly what she thinks, which often gets her into trouble. She can be quite serious, and doesn't care for silliness, but she this is just a facade, and she does know how to have fun. Selena can be stubborn, once she has decided on something, it is very difficult for someone to change her mind. Selena likes to think of herself as a "proper lady", and she carries herself as such, she moves gracefully and elegantly (Though slow because Munnas are not known for their speed.) She is spoiled, and she gets upset if everything does not meet her standards. She has a soft spot for cute Pokemon.

History: Selena was born into a wealthy family. As a child, she had everything a girl could want. Fancy clothes, extravagant toys, and parents that bought her anything she wanted whenever she asked. This was due to her parents guilt for being busy and unable to spend time with her. This made her quite spoiled, and she thought she was better than everyone else. As a result of her attitude, she had few real friends (Most of them hung out with her because she was rich.) She always liked Psychic types, and admired people like Caitlin and Sabrina, so being turned into an adorable one like Munna was a dream come true for her.

She did have one friend during her childhood. He was a nice boy, a little strange, but she thought he was amusing. The two were close for a long time, but he had to move away after his parents got a new job. The two friends have lost contact for a while. After being turned into a Munna, Selena only faintly remembers him.

Name: Mike
Species: Oshawott :501:
Personality: Mike is the total opposite of Selena. While he is playful, fun loving, silly, and a bit of a slob at times, he is also shy and timid. He is often taken advantage of because of this, which means Selena has to stick up for him, when she's not the one taking advantage. Mike wishes he was brave, he wants to be a hero like his father someday. He hangs out at the Dojo from time to time training to use his shell in battle. He likes to swing his shell around like a sword, but he can be a bit clumsy, and he sometimes accidently drops it and hits someone. He gets upset when his shell goes missing.

History: Mike's father, a Samurott, was a hero, and the leader of a very high ranking rescue team. The team was famous, and his father's accomplishments are spoken of throughout the city to this day. Tragically, his father died heroically while on a mission. Mike wants to follow in his dad's footsteps and lead his own rescue team, to honor him.

However, no one thinks he can do it, as he's rather clumsy, and he ends up messing things up when he tries to help. Plus, he talks big, but he tends to get scared easily. He wants to join Accelegor's guild, but he chickens out at the last minute. He'd like someone to join with him, but no one will. He is often discouraged, and told to give up, He was about to take their advice. Untill he met an unconsious Munna lying on the beach.

Starting Point: Kojondo Town
Team Name: Team TidalForce

Last edited:

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
@Leafy: Reserved!

@Mon: Looks good, but you forgot the Team Name and Starting Village. Pending until you get that fixed up.

Funny how both of our Partners are Oshawotts.