• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Names You Pronounced Wrong

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
As we were younger, we had all probably pronounced some pokemon's names wrong. So you can say which ones here.

Really, I always said Regi-gi-gas instead of regi-gig-us. Also, when Arceus official prnouncing Ar-key-us was released, I always said it that way instead of Ar-see-us

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
Bidoof
Regigigas
Roselia
Latias
Suicune
Hydreigon
I can keep going....

DrasticPhase

Half ded
I use to pronounced Chandelure Chan-de-lere. But once I saw the anime with the subway bosses, it said Chan-de-lure.
I felt dumb ._.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I pronounced Roselia 'row-zee-lee-a' and Lucario 'loo-care-ee-o'. I have since corrected myself.

I stick by my apparently incorrect pronunciations of Nume-el and Guy-ble though.

Raikou, Suicune, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Xatu...

At least once for all the above mentioned Pokémon.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Milotic is one I always pronounced wrong and will continue to do so. I say Mi-lo-tic, but in the animé, they pronounce it as My-low-tic. It just sounds so wrong in the animé!

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
The main one would be Skarmory. When I was 9 or so, I misread it as Skamorocky (stupid, I know, but I had never seen one before, and I was 9), and when I caught one, I accidentally hit the yes when it asked if I wanted to nickname it, and put in Skamorocky, and ended up with that for a while. I think I realized my mistake after a week though.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
Milotic is one I always pronounced wrong and will continue to do so. I say Mi-lo-tic, but in the animé, they pronounce it as My-low-tic. It just sounds so wrong in the animé!

actually, that's how I first pronounced it, and to me it sounds so right :3

3D992

The Living Hologram
I used to pronounce audino as "au-dee-no" but its really "au-di-no".
I pronounced hydeigon as "hi-druh-gon" but its really "hi-drI-gn".
I pronounced gyarados as "ji-ruh-dos" but its really "geer-a-dos".

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
Arceus, uhm.....well I think that's actually all. I started playing Pokemon at a later age so then you pronounce them better automatically. (I think)

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Arceus
Raikou (don't even know how to spell it)
Misdreavus
I think that's all.

Last edited:

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I used to say Ray-qua-zu but am told it's Ru-quay-zu. I also used to say Jie-rad-oes.